[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else love this movie? Really had a "The Thing"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: NEPrEhK2SLH4TR_1_1[1].jpg (798 KB, 1200x1774) Image search: [Google]
NEPrEhK2SLH4TR_1_1[1].jpg
798 KB, 1200x1774
Anyone else love this movie? Really had a "The Thing" feel to it. Spinning this thread off the Westerns thread.
>>
>>64132703
I thought it was great. I didnt even watch a trailer before I saw it, so it was a pretty big shock when the trogs showed up

I hope we get more spooky western movies. It had a good look to it, a realistic creepy tone because of how lethal and realistic the guns and such were and the character dialogue always reeled me in before something shocking happened.

I really liked how suspenseful every scene with the trogs was since they were deadly as all hell
>>
Really great up until what I believe was a disappointing ending. Still despite that I recommend
>>
>>64132818

I agree with everything you said. The minimalist nature of the film really helped it. No CGI bullshit. No huge musical score. Just had a very "gritty" feel.

Movie had such good tension. the scene where the savage is slowly figuring out how the gun works was really tense

>>64132852

What didn't you like about the ending? the only thing I didn't like was how bitchy the wife was to her rescuers
>>
>>64132911

I would have to rewatch it. I remember thinking it ended somewhat abruptly, and that Patrick Wilson leading that resuce was a bit weird
>>
>>64132703
Move of the year for me, The Lobster coming in close second
>>
>>64135394

Yeah, it's the best movie I've seen in a long long time. So refreshing to have something different.
>>
>>64132703
>casting a woman beater
could've just gone for fassbender
>>
At first i thought it was ok but after rewatching i liked it a lot more.
>>
File: 1436718079839.jpg (76 KB, 2048x1347) Image search: [Google]
1436718079839.jpg
76 KB, 2048x1347
>>64135454
>>
The jawbone weapons were stupid.
>>
I thought it was really good, I just didn't like how the tribals turned out to be giant evil monsters. I think it would have been better if they were just regular humans.
>>
>>64135700
I don't think they were monsters. I think they just had a wolf larynx or some weird bone whistle in their windpipes. Otherwise they were just lethal natives who knew how to ambush and fight well
>>
>>64135751
I thought they were monsters because they looked like orcs and were really big and were able to cut that guy in half with an axe.
>>
>>64135805

The cut the guy in half after a few chops.
>>
>>64135805
actually its easy to cut a person in half the way they did.
Once the pelvis is shattered and out of the way you just pull hard on the legs and you can split it all the way to the rib cage before having to cut again.
>>
>>64135805
imagine dying like that
they didn't hit any important organ or caused a massive blood loss instantly
he was fucking awake and aware even when his organs were on the floor
>>
>no impregnation scene
>>
I thought this would be a thread about h8f8l 8ig8t, russel crowe looks exactly the same
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.