[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question: Why, during the end fight, did he keep beating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 12
File: KyloRenMural-Fathead.png (855 KB, 900x681) Image search: [Google]
KyloRenMural-Fathead.png
855 KB, 900x681
Serious question:

Why, during the end fight, did he keep beating his ribs/stomach/whatever? Everyone around me in the theater kept looking around at each other with that "wtf is he doing?" look on their face when he was doing it. The fuck was he doing?
>>
>>64129580
To make him even more edgy.
>>
>>64129580

Hitting where he was shot by Chewie. The pain fuels his anger and makes him more powerful in the dark side.
>>
I think it may be because he knows that pain fuels the Dark Side, but he doesn't quite understand the entirety of it yet, so he does some stupid shit like hit himself to hurt himself even more because he thinks pain literally fuels the Dark Side.

IDK though.
>>
>>64129580
>Hitting where he was shot by Chewie. The pain fuels his anger and makes him more powerful in the dark side.
This.
Even though he was a weak bitch.
>>
LOLOLOL fuck yes. My wife, friends, and fellow viewers all look at each other, and some where even whispering "why is he doing that?". Very odd moment in the film. I was hoping some expanded universe bullshit would explain it.
>>
>not knowing you can use the force to "pack" a wound.

pleb more.
>>
You didn't need a whole thread for a stupid question like that. It was pretty clear why >>64129681 answered it

And it was a great little moment that added more depth to his character. People in your theater/region are not the brightest
>>
File: 1407687688382.gif (183 KB, 214x200) Image search: [Google]
1407687688382.gif
183 KB, 214x200
>>64129771

...wut?
>>
>>64129580
Neurons specialized on mechanical receptors sends signals faster to the brain because the are myelinated while the neurons specialized on pain arent.
This way when you give mechanical stimulation the faster continuous signals overlaps the pain signal. You can try it out on lesser injuries, just rub it to lessen the pain
>>
>>64129740
your family is stupid
>>
Something about that coupled with the fact he killed his dad (more or less) right after he was complaining to the Vader mask about being seduced by the light side gave me the impression he's probably more 'apt' as a Light side user, but circumstances being as they are he has to help himself along by either killing his old man or punching himself to fuel his anger/pain. Edgy teen.

I didn't really pick up on the idea of Rey being more apt as an element of the Dark side until I read it on /tv/ but it does seem like they're set up for a switch. I hope that the screenwriters don't renege on it just because the internet figured it out -- just because something's predictable doesn't make it bad. What makes a story great isn't the individual plot points but the story between them.
>>
>>64129784
No YOUR mom!

Fuck you child. It was a scene left to interpretation. Problem is, it made no sense. The question wasn't stupid, (YOU are) the scene was.
>>
>>64129580
He was coercing the midichlorians living in the nearby cells to swarm the wound and begin the "force-healing" process
>>
>>64129681
This or the fact that he was, you know, on a fucking ice planet with hole in his stomach? I can imagine it would be pretty hard to stay consciouss, let alone maintain sharp senses. I guess short spike of intense pain would keep him sharp. But whatever it seemed to like Driver was improvising.
>>
File: 1349323532482.gif (833 KB, 167x167) Image search: [Google]
1349323532482.gif
833 KB, 167x167
>>64129868

>The Force Awakens
>midichlorians
>>
He is autistic.
Autistic people usually hit themselves.
>>
>>64129580
>Everyone around me in the theater kept looking around at each other with that "wtf is he doing?" look on their face when he was doing it.
Why are American movie theatres so weird? Clapping, actually shouting random comments and this all seem to be common. In the civilised Europe everyone watches the film in silence.
>>
>>64129816
My original thought was this, since it's actually true but all the stuff about using pain to boost his dark side power works too.
>>
He was upset and angry and he was raising his adrenaline

Everyone that was confused by this scene is legitimately autistic
>>
>>64129580

he's just beating his chest to get himself pumped up. pretty sure chewie shot him in the leg so i don't think he was touching that wound
>>
>>64129681
yeah he still got his ass kicked so it accomplished nothing.
>>
>>64129740

Yeah i'd hate to be sitting near you retards
>>
>>64129821

there is no chance in hell that they're strong independent womyn protagonist will switch to evil or come even close to switching to evil.
>>
>>64129580
No idea. It sounded like he was hitting a leather belt or something made of plastic, but he didn't wear anything like that.

>>64129821
You are correct, sir! But this has nothing to do with cinema.
>>
>>64130086
>No one has every done anything like this not only in this SW, but in ANY SW.

This seems like either some shit directing, or shit explanation.
>>
>>64129821
>I didn't really pick up on the idea of Rey being more apt as an element of the Dark side until I read it on /tv/ but it does seem like they're set up for a switch.
Could you give me a run down of why that is? I didn't pick up on anything like that.
>>
>>64129681
pottery
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 282x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 282x300
Jesus Christ are people really this literally fucking stupid?

No wonder Transformer movies sell tickets.
>>
>>64130145

>every single minor action must be alluded to in a previous movie

are you retarded? it wasn't some big thing he did with a lot of importance, it was just a little thing he did for like two seconds before starting to fight again. i've never heard of any non autist being confused by this.
>>
>chewie's blaster 1 shots everyone
>except when the plot demands that it doesn't

Explain this fanboys
>>
>>64130286

Ren is more powerful than some clone in plastic armor
>>
>>64130286
How many other force users did it one shot in the movie?
>>
>>64129900
>literally have a lighsaber turned on next to your body
>its heat is keeping you warm
>still need to punch your own weak spot to remain conscious

This is not how the human body works. You don't continue injurying a trauma, especially not with blunt force, it will only increase the odd of you collapsing.
>>
>>64129900
It looked like Bloodborne, when you recharge with a blood vial.
>>
to break up blood clots
>>
>>64130286
It grazed him rather than shooting him in his center of mass? Like you can see the bolt continue after hitting him
>>
>>64130183
Yeah, who doesn't get shot and beats the fucking wound, right? How typical and BADASS that is, right!?
>>
>>64129580
are you so fucking stupid that you need everything spoonfed to you
>>
>>64130338
There is no heat to a sabre until it hits something solid
>>
I thought it was because it revealed he was a robot, you even saw some of his benzine spill out of him.
>>
Dude cmon bruh cmon man-breh cmon, duh obviously, when u have a wound u punch it to heal. cmon man idiot

you punch it to heal
>>
File: 1323312189398.jpg (62 KB, 298x326) Image search: [Google]
1323312189398.jpg
62 KB, 298x326
>>64130654
>Sperging out about what an actual person would do even though he got shot with a fucking laser and is a evil space samurai with mind powers
I haven't even seen the movie and was just glossing over this thread but you are a special kind of retarded
>>
you can tell it's american primetime when the threads are getting fucking retarded
>>
>>64129657
But still not as edgy as your response.
>>
>>64129740
I know how you feel. My wife, friends, and my wife's son were really confused as well.
>>
Just read the whole thread, Kylo Ren was not a robot?>>64130772
>>
File: 1449361510196.jpg (96 KB, 800x437) Image search: [Google]
1449361510196.jpg
96 KB, 800x437
>>64130796
I don't know why this made me laugh so hard
>>
>>64129740
Your family must be a bunch of retards to not understand this
>>
>>64131079
He was

Just the /r9k/ kind, not the beepboop kind
>>
>>64131035
But his response wasn't even vaguely edgy
>>
>>64131123
I thought that was the whole point of the character, that he uses a mask but has another one underneath and when he gets shot we learn he is a robot just like Vader, and when he punches himself it's because he was starting to malfunction.
>>
>>64130997
>I've seen the glorious film 7 times and wish (while nude and with a full erection) to un-apologetically defend every little bitty bit of this 10/10 film in every single thread around - across all boards.

ftfy

go to fucking sleep Adam. No one cares, and (again) you're trying too hard.
>>
>>64130746
>There is no heat to a sabre until it hits something solid

What? That's not how physics works.
>>
Because apes best their chest to show dominance and he was trying to show Finn he was the alpha ape.
>>
>>64129580
holy fuck why do you dumb d
fucks exist go ask in reddit
>>
>>64131230
>Science Fiction completely follows the laws of physics

It's a sign of autism when you can't suspend belief for works of fiction.
>>
>>64131341
samefagging
>>
>>64130338
lose weight
>>
>>64131218
who are you talking to?
>>
This fucking thread
>>
>>64131476
this shitting thread
>>
>>64131057
luckily for me my wife's boyfriend was there to explain to me what was going on
>>
>>64129784
I hate to say it, but most people are flat out unthinking dorks. I actually had people clapping during the movie when they say the Falcon and Han, etc. I thought the Clapistan shit was a joke. So I clapped during the Han thing at the end and sang the Star Wars theme loudly at the end just to be an edgelord dumbass.
>>
>>64131801
I bet you're not even clapping while reading this thread, you smug cunt.
>>
>>64129580
don't listen to the hitting it makes dark side stronger people, he didnt even use the force for the fight.

Serious answer would be a mild case of Pulmonary contusion (Fluids filling his chest cavity) from the blaster shot, hence the shot of blood on the ground when he started doing it, hitting the affected area to clear fluids is a known temporary treatment a long time ago if it was an emergency.
>>
https://youtu.be/Mp0gSFkd9Ho
>>
>>64129816
Are you majoring? I'm jealous. Please die
>>
I thought this was a pretty neat detail

Made him seem crazy as fuck and added to the intensity of the scene quite a bit
>>
>>64132146
underrated post
>>
>>64129996
I'm American and these things almost never actually happen
>>
>THIS IS A STUPID QUESTION
>72 replies
>>
I thought it was kind of a more "FUCK YOU STOP HURTING" kind of thing. Not in the sense that he was literally trying to tell his nerve endings to stop being in pain, but more like a "come the fuck on, Kylo, this isn't shit" sort of thing.. It seemed natural to me, and if what I'm saying is right, I think it's fine.

The dark side-pain connection is also plausible, but counts on the audience having an elementary understanding of a sensitive's connection to the two sides of the force, so it seems a little less likely.
>>
>>64130286
He shot a weaker round at him, he knows Kylo must kill Han to be full accepted by Snoke which is crucial to some long and coming plan of Lukes. He needs it to be believable to Fin and Rey, no one else can know yet.
>>
Anyone got any webbums of this?
>>
>>64129740

Aww, he's retarded
>>
>>64132508
+1

additionally, it was supposed to remind you he'd just been wounded so that's why he wasn't himself
>>
File: 794.png (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
794.png
77 KB, 500x500
>>64129816
>the faster continuous signals overlaps the pain signal
>>
>>64129925
midichlorians are canon even if this new trilogy doesn't mension them they still exist in it
>>
>>64132982
>mension
Spelling aside, no. No they do not.
>>
File: cry a2a.jpg (256 KB, 953x543) Image search: [Google]
cry a2a.jpg
256 KB, 953x543
>>64129784
>>
He was briefly turned in to an ape by reys mind control
>>
>>64129580
he was autistic

I do the same thing when I get angry
>>
>>64131057
>my wife's son
Wow, the literal definition.
>>
>>64134153
If it makes you feel any better, I punch myself in the thigh sometimes when I get really pissed off at a game.
>>
>>64135670

>he doesnt know about self cuck posting
>>
>>64129681
You fuckin nigger wookie. That is not how it works.
>>
he was hitting himself to channel highschool memories of being bullied by the jocks going STOP HITTING YOURSELF
>>
You'll see people in contact sports do it sometimes. It's basically the same as saying "come on!" to the injured body part.
It's really just for mental gratification of committing to something even if not at 100%

Sometimes if I'm running and I start to get a small cramp ir whatnot, I'll just hit the area and keep going. Useful distraction I guess.
>>
File: image_6.jpg (68 KB, 400x395) Image search: [Google]
image_6.jpg
68 KB, 400x395
>>64129978
Ur cuntry is oldnd faggy and not ours haha eat a dick euro dumbo haha. Are u gonna go crying to ur queen u pussy cuck. America rules $$
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 650x866) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 650x866
>>64129978
I agree.

This is why movies feel so sterile now. Movie companies don't want mass audiences to have reactions to things they don't expect. Is him pounding his wound weird? Yes, to some degree. There are reasons for it, but it isn't a thing people typically would do. That's kind of why I liked its inclusion, or at least appreciated it as a small touch - but movies can't go outside a range of audience's expectations without them reacting oddly.
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.