[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Order a bombing mission >Don't send any bombers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 18
File: Ywing.jpg (102 KB, 700x550) Image search: [Google]
Ywing.jpg
102 KB, 700x550
>Order a bombing mission
>Don't send any bombers

Is General Leia retarded? Where the hell were the Y-Wings?
>>
>>64128663
She's been doing space cocaine for the past 30 years
>>
>>64128663
I missed the b-wings
>>64128712
"spice"
>>
>>64128663
>Y-wings
>they have no wings

what?
>>
Y-Wings were retconned out of existence. Along with all the TIE variants, how the force functioned, and basic logic.
>>
That's what I thought at first.
Then I remembered Disney only cares about Iconography and doesn't give a fuck about lore.
>>
>>64128768
Also Hyperspace rules.
>>
File: b wing being a boss.jpg (29 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
b wing being a boss.jpg
29 KB, 485x303
>>64128663
Fuck y-wings. A flight og B-Wings would have wrecked their shit and been home in time for lunch.
>>
>>64128768
why would they not push for lots of differente variants though? more merch to sell
>>
>>64128862
Underrated craft tbqh
>>
>>64128663
>Where the hell were the Y-Wings?

Under the peace treaty signed between the Rebellion and the remnants of the Empire after the destruction of the 2nd Death Star, both sides agreed to reduce their military.

Y-wings were retired. They were old as fuck.
>>
>mission is complete, go back to hyperspace immedialtely
>nobody give a fuck to the Han Solo/Finn ground team
>leave

the whole movie is like that
>>
why does the empire build the shittiest fighters with no shields or hyperdrive? they clearly have a bigger budget and make better capital ships
>>
>>64128927
Their tactic has always been to win by sheer numbers, this goes all the way back to the Trade Federation, who made massive amounts of battle droids cheaply.
>>
>>64128663
Hint: It doesn't matter.

>Implying Star Wars AKA Jewish Memes: The Franchise needs to "make sense"

everything (I mean EVERYTHING) outside of Episodes 4 & 5 needs to be obliterated and rewritten
>>
>>64128768
Seriously how retarded is JJ abrams in not using the different models of tie figthers?
>>
>>64128927
Sunk all their budget to capital ships, super weapons, and land craft. That's why all their star fighters are short range and in hue numbers, quality over quantity
>>
>>64128862
But B-wings are older models of Y-Wings.
>>
>>64128903
>Under the peace treaty signed between the Rebellion and the remnants of the Empire after the destruction of the 2nd Death Star, both sides agreed to reduce their military.
where's your fanfiction coming from?
>>
File: ywingtears.jpg (167 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
ywingtears.jpg
167 KB, 1000x667
>>64128663

fucking shot down thats where they were rebel scum
>>
File: 1034252-a_wing.jpg (32 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
1034252-a_wing.jpg
32 KB, 576x576
A-Wing master race standing by
>>
>>64129043
No, they were brought along by the mom calamari
>>
>>64128862
The cockpit on the side thing always bugged me. Same with the millennium falcon. Feel like it would be a lot harder to fly
>>
>>64128663
she must have been coked up
>>
>>64128985
Kotor 2 and Jedi knight say fuck you
>>
>>64129117
Yup from any x-wing game everyone knows you can't trump that speed.
>>
.>>64128663
The Resistance doesn't have any. They have to buy their own X-Wings, or build them from workable parts, or hope Senators donate them to the cause. They can barely afford to do the first two options, so anything other than what we saw in the movie is not likely.

>>64128927
TIEs now have shields, and the Special Forces TIEs (with two seats) have hyperdrives.

>>64129073
Official canon sources, m8
>>
File: 20151226_192231.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151226_192231.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>64129073
Hes not wrong

It's in the visual dictionary, its canon
>>
>>64129117
>Fastest fighters in the Rebel Fleet
>The Alliance's answer to TIE Interceptors
>Responsible for taking down the Executor

best fighter desu senpai
>>
so where the fuck was the "New Republic" during the assault on the ultimate death cannon? couldn't they spare some ships? and where the fuck did that thing even come from? was it a planet or a space station? why is there still a resistance when the empire was beaten?
>>
File: fighters.png (152 KB, 1381x817) Image search: [Google]
fighters.png
152 KB, 1381x817
official cannon stats from the best star wars strategy game

empire fighters are nigger tier
republic capital ships are nigger tier though
>>
>>64129585
If only they intensified the forward battaries
>>
>>64129610
>why is there still a resistance when the empire was beaten?

There were signs that the First Order were arming themselves and trying to grow militarily

Rather than re-ignite the Galactic Civil War, the Republic secretly funded the Resistance, who would play the role of an independent sect intent on doing away with the Empire entirely, in order to keep the First Order in check

The First Order found out the Resistance was being funded by the Republic and blew up their home system

In the next movie it'll be back to war, assuming the Republic has much of a fleet left
>>
>>64129641
TOO LATE
>>
>>64129633

What game is that?
>>
>>64129741
So what system did the New Order even blow up? Was it the Republic's home system? I feel like the movie could have explained everything a little better.
>>
>>64129610
Starkiller Base was a normal ice planet (supposedly Ilum) that got carved to shit and replaced with the cannon and base.

First Order started being active and Leia started telling the Senate that they need to be cautious of it. They dismissed her as a fearmonger trying to revert to GCW days-mindset. She split off from the Senate and made the Resistance and recruited people actually wanting to combat the First Order.
>>
>>64129867
The Hosnian system, which was the new home of the Senate and the base of operations for the Republic Fleet

I don't know why the seat of the Republic was moved to a different system. Maybe Coruscant was corrupt?
>>
>>64129872
See, I feel like they should have shown more things like this in order to set everything up better.
>>
>>64129585
Old Canon:
>The rebels lost so many fighters on the Death Star run they designed, tested, constructed, built, and fielded them in the few years between ANH and ROTJ

New Canon:
>Early attempt at a general purpose fighter that got usurped by the superior X-wing, saw second life as an interceptor by gutting its internals for more engine go-fastness.

The B-wing design also pre-dates the battle of Yavin now.
>>
>>64129810
star wars rebellion

its a very old game with a steep learning curve.
>>
>>64129918
>I don't know why the seat of the Republic was moved to a different system. Maybe Coruscant was corrupt?

Coruscant was still Empire territory when they founded the New Republic officially.
>>
>>64129947
>star wars rebellion

Oh crap I think I remember that from when I was a kid.
>>
>>64129918
>I don't know why the seat of the Republic was moved to a different system. Maybe Coruscant was corrupt?
The planet hosting the Senate was changed by vote every few years to keep planets interested in being part of it (space Olympics, basically). It was also to keep planets happy at being noticed, so they wouldn't try to split off from the New Republic and create another Confederacy of Independent Systems.
>>
>>64128768
>how the force functioned
TFA is perfectly in line with the OT on this, just not the PT which didn't fit with the originals anyway

>the force isn't about belief, it's about practicing force lightning 30 times a day
>>
really the new republic could only fund about 10 x wings
>>
>>64129633
>TIE defender
>no ion cannons
I could've sworn it had them in the x-wing and tie fighter games.
>>
File: 1450735957614.png (6 KB, 356x480) Image search: [Google]
1450735957614.png
6 KB, 356x480
>>64128663
gotta dumb everything down for maximum profits
>>
>attack a fucking military PLANET weapon to disable the main weapon
>send 20 X Wings
>end up destroying the entire planet

Fuck this movie
>>
>>64130392
Chain reaction

They destroyed the thermal oscillator

Lack of oscillator destabilized the weapon

Al the energy from the star did the rest

Honestly if they had destroyed the oscillator any other time it probably would have just temporarily disabled the base, but they caught it when it was harvesting a star which is when it's vulnerable
>>
>>64129043
Other way around. Admiral Ackbar pushed the rebellion leadership to invest in a new bomber to replace the aging y-wing. The result was the b-wing. Engineered from the ground up to take out capitol ships and stationary tarkets, and provide heavy fire support.

>>64129208
It's gyroscopically stabilized so it always stays level to an arbitrary plane. It's got a tandem seating arrangement for a pilot and gunner.
>>
>>64130355
My nigga.
It did and does.
That game has it wrong.
>>
>>64130485

Its almost like a fucking planet weapon should have a defence capable of fighting back 20 X-Wings or something
>>
>>64129934

>Rey: Shitty version of Jaina Solo
>Finn: Shitty version of Kyle Katarn's stormtrooper career
>Kanan: Shitty version of Kyle Katarn's design
>Hera: Shitty version of Jan Ors
>Ben Solo: Shitty version of Jacen Solo; Stole his name from Luke Skywalker's son
>Kylo Ren's Design: Shitty version of Darth Revan
>Knights of Ren: Shitty version of the Reborn
>Starkiller Base: Shitty Death Star/Suncrusher/Centerpoint Station combined with shitty imagery of the Star Forge

I'm looking for other things the EU did better, can you add to my list?
>>
>>64130511
Yeah, there's a quote from someone(Wedge?) saying piloting a B-wing felt more like driving than flying because of the way it rotated/spun around itself.
>>
>>64130392
>>attack a fucking military PLANET weapon to disable the main weapon
>>send 20 X Wings

It's almost like they were pressed for time and could only muster a limited number of ships.
>>
>Leia did nothing in the entire movie
>She literally just standed in there
>Carrie Fisher can be easily replaceable
>>
>>64130562
People say the same thing about the first Death Star

>Completed weapon
>Sends out 10 fighters
>Not a Star Destroyer in sight

it is what it is man
>>
>>64130600
So much this desu senpai
>>
>>64130600
i dont care about the eu im not a nerd lmao
>>
Also Phasma disabling the shields was bullshit, we didn't saw a goddamn shield in any scenes, and on the computer clearly show some sort of shield covering the whole planet;

And I don't even need to say that CAPTAIN Phasma would have at least tried something. All that was there was a old man that can't run, a old Wookie and a traitor
>>
>>64130610
I think it was from the rogue squadron books.
>>
>>64130644
The only Star Destroyer that was there (Vader's) was sent off to Dantooine to see if Leia was indeed telling the truth. It just didn't have time to return to base before base got blown up.
>>
>>64130723
Captain Phasma was too into the idea of getting fucked in a dumpster.
>>
>>64130600
>I'm looking for other things the EU did better, can you add to my list?

Glass houses, anon.

And I like the new explanation for the A-wings better.

Can't say anything about the B-wings though, as I bought season 2 of rebels on PSN like a retard and they haven't deemed me worthy to see episodes 2 and up yet.

I also like the new X-wings better than the E-wing or the Crossfire, or any other next gen X-wing the EU came up with.

But yeah, I loved Shadows of the Empire as a kid and I absolutely think it has a place. New Mandalorians are worse than old Mandalorians, but there's still potential for development there.
>>
>>64130723
Chewie is not old!
>>
>>64130309

>Luke literally has to train by running and jumping around rocks in the swamps of Dagobah in Episode V

Nice try, my man. Kill yourself now.
>>
>>64130911
He's a couple centuries old, anon. Old to our relative life span, but late-young early middle-age for Wookiees.
>>
>>64130511

>it's gyroscoptically optimized

lol Shut the fuck up
>>
>>64130864
But where was the rest of the Imperial Fleet? I mean I guess I get that they thought the Rebels weren't an actual threat but still

>>64130723
>we didn't saw a goddamn shield in any scenes

Nor did you in RotJ
>>
>>64130340

>They have to fight a PLANET-SIZED STATION
>one of the people in the resistance base says they lost half their fleet before the end of the battle
>8 X-wings and the Millenium Falcon fly out of Starkiller Base
>This means the Resistance literally had around 20~ pilots fighting for the survival of their own planet, against a planet-sized First Order based filled with stormtroopers

Nice
>>
>>64128927
TIE's don't need hyperdrive because they are expected to operate from and nearby large capital ships. The rebels needed them because they had few ships large enough to maintain large squadrons of fighters

Similarly thing with life support. TIE fights are only meant to operate for a short period of time, so a life support suit was deemed fine compared to the more expensive system used in the rebel fighters.

Shields is just the empire being cheap though
>>
>>64131039

>Nor did you in RotJ

So two wrongs make a right?
>>
>>64130931
I forgot basic aerobics was lightsaber training and advance force use.
Please, please tell me you don't think the lesson of standing on one hand while levitating multiple rocks and R2 is Luke practicing telekinesis. Are you that dense?
>>
>>64131068
See: >>64129432

>>64131039
The rest of the fleet was off doing it's normal business, most likely not even knowing the Death Star was a thing until afterwards. Lost Stars (best new canon book) shows the fleet in massive chaos above Coruscant following the Death Star's destruction, with shuttles going between all the many ISDs and the planet to place officers and troopers in new positions Empire-wide.
>>
>>64131159
>control, control, you must learn control

go home reddit
>>
>>64131217
You just proved my point. He's learning inner peace, maintaining a clear mind, staying focused, Yoda isn't yelling at him to just physically control the rocks better stupid.
>>
>The Y-Wing is the work horse of the rebel fleet. It's not quick or flashy but it gets the job done. The armor on this ship is extensive, and the shields will protect you from just about anything, which is good, because you won't be going anywhere fast. The Y-Wing is used mainly as a bomber because it can carry a heavy payload of missiles, torpedoes and bombs. The other important weapon is the topside ION canon, which rather than destroying a target, can disable it for later capture. Our canons have a computer assisted auto-fire feature, so don't forget that when your in the heat of battle.
>>
>>64131281
>physically control the rocks better

nobody's fucking saying that you absolute mongoloid, bait harder
>>
>>64131281
>>64131591
and even if you mean that the force isn't supposed to have any kind of skill element, the only reason that worked in the original trilogy was because the characters (luke) themselves had to overcome their character flaws to make it believable. in TFA, rey is pretty much good to go from the outset in regards to using the force, and it lacks any kind of dramatic tension, and serves as more of a deus ex machina than it ever did before
>>
>>64131711
What character flaw does Luke overcome in ANH so that he gets to have superhuman reflexes/intuition or grab his saber in the beginning of Empire?

Luke is always good at the force when he believes in himself, the force is magic as in mystical philosophy shit. You don't need this training regimine of force shit. The jedi training yoda is giving him is about emotions, control, the dark side, how to behave. Yoda is not telling him "okay today we're learning the mind trick." Again, do you really think telling Luke to lift the x-wing is about practicing the technical execution of force telekinesis or is it more about believing it can be done?

And she mind tricks a storm trooper and beats weakened Kylo when he has a no kill order on her. Stop acting like she's force jesus, she's not even as bad as Episode I and II's anakin bullshit.
>>
>>64131915
>What character flaw does Luke overcome in ANH so that he gets to have superhuman reflexes/intuition

i was moreso referring to his time with yoda, but even in ANH we see him going from a brash, whiny, inexperienced little shit to somebody who can blow up the death star, and THAT only makes sense because he's augmenting the only skill he has at that point

>or grab his saber in the beginning of Empire?

you can tell right from the outset of ESB that this isn't the same luke from ANH, some time has passed and he's become better with his use of the force, become more familiar with using it.

And she mind tricks a storm trooper and beats weakened Kylo when he has a no kill order on her

>b-but stormtroopers are weak minded

you're still missing half of the equation, which is the more extreme your demands get, the WAY more likely you are to fail. at this point in time, guarding rey is basically this trooper's main objective, and he not only is completely convinced to free her and even give an escape route, he drops his fucking weapon to give to her. i don't give a fuck how subservient he is in your mind to justify that shit, that subservience is in DIRECT relation to the empire, and doing literally the exact opposite of his orders his stupid as fuck
>>
Nothing in canon says the Y-Wings are bombers. They were just different-looking ships
>>
File: tmp_26955-elio-1209509388.jpg (814 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
tmp_26955-elio-1209509388.jpg
814 KB, 1920x1080
>>64129208
That's how everyone drives cars though, except for pic related
>>
>>64132811
But muh n64 games
>>
>>64133039
With our vehicles, though, we are just next to the center of it, not far away like with these starfighters.
>>
>>64133158
from a certain point of view, you are always at the center
>>
>>64132811
Except for the clear role they had in the first death star attack
>>
30 years of technology took us from the Tomcat to the F/A 18-E Super Hornet

I mean, maybe they had fighters that also could deploy massive bombs (and did)
>>
>>64128663

Force Awakens was made for retards and millenial kiddies.

Adding Y-Wings would confuse them as much as explaining the Republic Senate why there were crashed ships on Jakku.
>>
>The entire resistance is comprised of 20 x wings

lol. Why didn't they just park a star destroyer by the starkiller?
>>
>>64133075

n64 games that had more originality than this fecal excuse for a flick
>>
>>64128862

related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NELo74udR7A
>>
>>64130644
>The empire doesn't consider a small one man spacecraft or they would have a tighter defense
I don't understand why you're on here if you can't even pay attention to simple plot points in a movie made for kids. The second one had a shield guarded by a legion, had most of their fleet gathered around the deathstar, and the deathstar itself probably could defend itself if it was complete. Starkiller has no excuse especially if their main weakness is so obvious the janitor knows about it.
>>
File: 3663070_std[1].jpg (10 KB, 360x192) Image search: [Google]
3663070_std[1].jpg
10 KB, 360x192
>>64130723
This isn't Space Balls
>>
>>64134378
The First Order didn't know the Resistance would be attacking Starkiller Base. Why tie up a Star Destroyer protecting it from supposedly nothing, when there are better things it could be doing?
>>
File: Rogue_squadron_2_Box.jpg (78 KB, 350x497) Image search: [Google]
Rogue_squadron_2_Box.jpg
78 KB, 350x497
>>64131297
Best console Star Wars game.
>>
>>64129934

Why are they retconnong OT stuff?
>>
>>64134647
I liked all the SNES side scrollers better, personally.

Republic Commando is also better.
>>
>>64128663
JJ was afraid fans wouldn't recognize them and couldn't tell that they were good guys so he went with the more X-Wings which are more imbued in pop culture as good guy spaceships
>>
>>64130309
>just not the PT which didn't fit with the originals anyway
Yeah it did.
>>
>>64134691
Anything that was old EU (now Legends) was removed so Disney could rewrite the non-movie story as the the Lucas Story Group sees fit. Since none of that was said in the movie, it was free to be rewritten.
>>
>>64131915
>II's anakin bullshit

He loses his lightsaber twice, gets captured by space insects, and gets his arm cut off all after having 10 years of training
>>
File: Feels_good_man.png (133 KB, 354x363) Image search: [Google]
Feels_good_man.png
133 KB, 354x363
>>64134647

>unlock Millennium Falcon

>it's fast as fuck, just like Han said
>>
>>64132811
>>64133075
wew lad
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/BTL_Y-wing_starfighter#Appearances
>>
>>64134760

What a waste of time and effort.
'Oh shit, maybe the Modal Nodes were actually all brothers'.
>>
Abrams wanted to remake Episode 4

There were nothing but X-Wings and TIE's in episode 4

I mean, there were also Y-Wings, but Abrams never noticed them
>>
File: F-82-Twin-Mustang-3.jpg (375 KB, 1800x1360) Image search: [Google]
F-82-Twin-Mustang-3.jpg
375 KB, 1800x1360
>>64129208

Not a problem irl, so I cant imagine itd be an issue with spaceships

>>64128927

Because its based on ww2, ie wildcat vs zero in the pacific
>>
>>64129364
>that a-wing recon mission in xwing alliance
>diving into a group of star destroyers
>all energy in engines and forward shield
>jumping and juking to avoid turbolasers

I wish they'd revive the xwing series, buy it'd probably be some lame shit with disney in charge
>>
>>64130062
>space Olympics, basically

More like space nato
>>
>>64130600
>Darth Revan's Mask
>Revan finds the mask on a planet where the Mandalorians massacred the Cathar while trying to prove the Mandalorian threat to the Republic.
>Vowed to wear the mask and not remove it until the galaxy was safe from the Mandalorian barbarians.

>Kylo Ren's mask
>Edgy teenager wants to find edgiest way to be edgy, makes a mask to "scare" his enemies

B R A V O J J
R
A
V
O

J
J
>>
>>64128910
They did give a fuck and actually mention looking for them when the falcon leaves the planet.

Everything goes by at break neck speed I understand why you missed it.
>>
>they managed to make a worse film than the prequels

The only good thing was the new semen demon, but I say that as a 21 year old that gets aroused quickly, what a fucking turd of a film.
>>
>>64132350
>ANH we see him going from a brash, whiny, inexperienced little shit to somebody who can blow up the death star, and THAT only makes sense because he's augmenting the only skill he has at that point
You mean like how Rey whent from wanting to stay on Jakku to moving on and accepting the force, which she initially rejected.

>which is the more extreme your demands get, the WAY more likely you are to fail
nice fanction you wrote there. The stormtroopers are trained to follow orders without question but you're acting like it's so impossible to replace that order with something the good guys want
It's not the stormtrooper doing the opposite of his orders so much as using his unthinking loyalty and tricking him into thinking you're that authority. You don't get to hand wave their indoctrination when it's a big detail about them in this new movie.

It's like you don't even like Yoda's training scene in Empire, all this power level video game level up bullshit is blowing my mind.
>>
File: 8632912_2.jpg (84 KB, 1655x840) Image search: [Google]
8632912_2.jpg
84 KB, 1655x840
>Order a bombing mission
>Don't send any (good) bombers
Was General Dodonna retarded? Where the hell were the B-Wings?
>>
>>64136157
not inventend
>>
>>64136018
>It's not the stormtrooper doing the opposite of his orders so much as using his unthinking loyalty and tricking him into thinking you're that authority

he's literally doing the opposite of his orders, as well as disregarding the authority of people he's been trained to listen to his whole life. they didn't make any attempt to make it seem like she was trying to assume a role of authority other than "do as i say", so you're writing fanfiction just as much as i am

>You don't get to hand wave their indoctrination when it's a big detail about them in this new movie

maybe you should take adhere to your own argument there, champ

>It's like you don't even like Yoda's training scene in Empire, all this power level video game level up bullshit is blowing my mind.

>anything that isn't 100% 'muh magical mystical BULEAVE' is video game level ups
>>
>>64136211
They were invented prior to ANH, though, anon. Two whole years before, even. There's a working prototype with some issues that get fixed by ROTJ, when they are mass produced by.
>>
>>64134621

>Live in a universe where civilizations can move the speed of light
>not assuming you could be attacked at any moment
>not having any defense during the few minutes it would take to for your superweapon to charge so you can destroy the entire resistance
I hope you're not in charge of my national security
>>
>>64136511
no. stop being stupid.
>>
>>64136555
>Live in a universe where civilizations can move the speed of light
That still doesn't mean you can cross the galaxy in under a few minutes. It would take a good hour or more just to get a ship from somewhere in the Unknown Regions (where the FO is located) to where Starkiller Base is.

>not having any defense during the few minutes it would take to for your superweapon to charge so you can destroy the entire resistance
Their defense was the fact that they had the weapon armed and ready, just like with the first Death Star. They (stupidly) thought that would be enough of a deterrent to not warrant an actual defense force that didn't reside on the planet at the time.

>>64136678
Star Wars: Rebels is canon, no matter how much you want to pretend it doesn't exist. The B-Wing prototype was shown in that, with a big laser weapon that blows out the hyperdrive system. Obviously the laser has to be removed in mass-produced models to keep the hyperdrives working. The Rebel cell of the show gets the prototype to Bail Organa, who then passes it along to other members of the growing Rebellion to find a shipyard that would actually do the mass producing away from the Empire's prying eyes.
>>
>>64136678
If you are going to shitpost about star wars, at least know the canon that is being worked with.
>>
>>64128927
Shields don't really matter. The rebel fighters blow up with a single hit. Also the Ties don't need hyperdrives. The Empire operates a fleet of warships that can launch Ties. So there's no point.
>>
>>64136890
All TIEs have shields as of TFA, and the two-seat Special Forces TIEs have hyperdrives in them.
>>
>>64129641
Why intensify it? S'cool.
>>
>>64136928
That's the First Order though. Again the shields seem to matter little, and the First Order seems to only have the one capital ship. They can no longer rely on a large number of ships to act as carriers for their fighters and like the rebels outfitted theirs with hyperdrives.
>>
File: 1363902911811.jpg (21 KB, 384x355) Image search: [Google]
1363902911811.jpg
21 KB, 384x355
>>64128663
It's more than that.

>No B-Wings (which were the superior bomber)
>No A-Wings
>X-Wings for everything
>No TIE Interceptors
>No one has made any new spaceships in 30 years

>>64128776
>Then I remembered Disney only cares about Iconography and doesn't give a fuck about lore.

But on the flipside, the Y-Wings are iconic. Going with "HEY DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER THE ORIGINAL MOVIE?" theme, the Rebel forces used X AND Y during the Battle of Yavin.
>>
>>64134706
I can respect that, but Republic Commando is PC and console.

>Preferring the SNES games
...That I find surprising.
>>
File: 1450623806061.gif (107 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450623806061.gif
107 KB, 300x300
I felt Finn defected a little fast, but I can understand that since he isn't a clone and their indoctrination isn't perfect, it isn't for any army.

Though Rey picked up the force way too fast. She probably heard stories as a kid or something but it was very barely hinted on. She went from countering Rens mindreading to jedi mindtricking a guard, something only Obi-Wan and Luke did (after sufficient training of course). Kind of cheapened it for me a bit. Luke even had like a little bit of training with Obi-Wan in Hope, so I could excuse his limited use of the force there.
>>
>>64135828
>Edgy teenager wants to find edgiest way to be edgy, makes a mask to "scare" his enemies
>Missing something as obvious as his helmet clearly being a Vader homage
>>
>>64137001
The FO has more than one capital ship. The Finalizer is the main one that Hux uses, and the Visual Dictionary says that Snoke likes to keep his command center mobile, so that's probably a new Super Star Destroyer. They also have multiple smaller Star Destroyer designs in service though. The Finalizer is twice as big as the old ISDs, but the FO still uses some ISD-designed ships.
>>
>>64136555
If only they had something SHIELDing the weapon, to protect it from attacks.
>>
>>64129112
LIKE SHOOTING Y WINGS DO YA?
>>
>>64137582
the nail in the coffin was she beat kylo ren in a direct force contest
>>
>>64137940
Did she even use the force legit in that scene? I thought just got some inner focus ala "Use the Force Luke" and turned the fight around on him. I mean Kylo was pretty injured so I could give the fight some leeway.
>>
File: ilmmglt1.jpg (47 KB, 600x412) Image search: [Google]
ilmmglt1.jpg
47 KB, 600x412
>>
>>64129610
The LITERAL reason for the assault in the first place was because the Order destroyed the Republics fighting power
I can't fucking believe people are too stupid to pay attention in Star Wars
>>
>>64137582
It makes sense considering it was his first ever battle. If he had been a stormtrooper for awhile and flipped that quick it would be weird, but clearly he didn't want any part of it from the very beginning.
>>
>>64137940
calling anakins lightsaber
>>
>>64137940
That's not what happened
What happened is that Kylo, after being wounded and clumsy, was beaten down by Rey, a skilled fighter with melee weapons, only after a burst of guidance from the force, before which Kylo was winning
And Kylo was always a try hard wearing more than just a literal mask

The only bullshit is the force mind trick scene. Without it the movie and Reys arc would be 10x better
>>
>>64138045
>The entire fleet was over their capital and destroyed all together
That's what we call shit writing.
>>
>>64138342
read
>>64138130
it was the most literal of literal force contests, pulling at the same object
>>
>>64138408
Remember, remember the 7th of December?
>>
>>64138408
>pearl harbor is shit writing
Or, the majority of the Republics mobilized military was stationed nearby, and thus it wouldn't be possible to immediately get reinforcements from distant, unmobilized forces
Pick on something that doesn't actually make sense you idiot
>>
>>64138704
If you think the entire US fleet was destroyed in the Pearl Harbor attacks you are the perfect audience for a modern Hollywood blockbuster.
>>
>>64138755
>>pearl harbor is shit writing
Are you shills on a fucking script or something? But again, if you think the entire US fleet was destroyed at Pearl Harbor you need to never post again.
>>
>>64138704
>>64138755
Get back to history class, retards.
>>
>>64129043
B-wings were made 5 years before the battle of Yavin. Y-Wings were around since the Clone Wars.
>>
>>64138342
>skilled fighter with melee weapons
A staff is not the same as a sword, let alone a fucking lightsaber.
>>
>>64138813
Are you saying that that history is wrong? 80% of America's mobilized Navy was destroyed at pearl harbor
>>64138795
There are no inconsistencies in that part of the movie. I'm calling you retarded and so is the other guy only because it's true
>>
File: usn1941.png (49 KB, 722x603) Image search: [Google]
usn1941.png
49 KB, 722x603
>>64138865
>80% of America's mobilized Navy was destroyed at pearl harbor
Never, ever, ever post again.
>>
>>64137452
Doesn't Leia arrive on a B-Wing in the movie?
>>
>>64139031
No, she arrives on an Enterprise shuttle.
>>
>>64137582
I see what you're saying, but I think you're underestimating her power. I think that she picked up a lot of information when Kylo Ren used the force to try and interrogate her. Then that jump started her powers.
>>
>>64138342
I accepted it as Kylo literally never having fought anything using the force before, so he didn't know what to do and just got pissed

He never had a challenge, he never had a lightsaber battle, he was pretty much just an act, behind the spooky dark lord there was just a confused and misguided teenager
>>
>>64139123
didnt he kill all the other jedi students in luke's little school?
>>
>>64139172
Maybe he killed them on their sleep or something lol

I mean they said in the end he had to flee, so i assume he got some guys who weren't expecting it, and then when the others were ready for him he got the fuck out
>>
>>64137940
This. No way in hell she could be better with the force than Ren, or even use telekinesis.
>>
>>64131050
9/11 had less people than the resistance, without space lasers, ground troops sabotagin the enemy, or crackpot pilots
>>
>>64139123
Rey shouldnt have been able to use the force that effectively in the first place though.
>>
>>64139287
Agreed, just trying to find an explanation for Abram's shitty writing
>>
File: Emperor Commands You.jpg (136 KB, 636x763) Image search: [Google]
Emperor Commands You.jpg
136 KB, 636x763
>>64139220
Or he killed/converted the other students before Luke showed up. Then he ran.
>>
>>64139323
Rey is the only thing that really bothered me in the movie. Yeah another deathstar was dumb and no A and Y wings or TIE variants. But Reys immediate and highly effective use of the force with no prior training was really stupid. Should have had her be a good mechanic/pilot and have a few lucky or "I had a feeling" moments, like in the falcon, then develop her connection with the force in VIII. But we cant have nice things. Other than Rey I liked all the characters.
>>
>>64138342
>The only bullshit is the force mind trick scene
I don't know how in the fuck this isn't getting around more, but that stormtrooper was motherfucking daniel craig. It's likely that he's going to have a bigger role in later films and the character was most likely a spy or something who was already hoping to find some sort of excuse to let her out of there. He just happened to get lucky.
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.