[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Game of Thrones season 5 recap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 15
File: Game-of-Thrones-metal.jpg (82 KB, 648x370) Image search: [Google]
Game-of-Thrones-metal.jpg
82 KB, 648x370
Is the season 5 finale the worst one yet? I just caught up on everything, and I was absolutely amazed at how bad the directors directed the season 5 finale.

1.) Stannis is supposed to be a master tactician. How the fuck could he not realize that publicly lighting his young daughter on fire would make him look weak? He should have known his sell swords would abandon him after that. Also, why is he even ok with it in the first place? And marching on Winterfell at half contingent? What a massive let down.

2.) I thought that Jon Snow's death was inevitable, but he literally knew someone would mutiny. Why did he just waltz stupidly into his death? And how convenient that Melisandre, one of the two people in Westeros who can resurrect a dead person, showed up the night of his death. I honestly hope he stays dead because if they resurrect him thats walking dead tier retarded.

3.) Why did Jamie and that other guy let Oberyn Martell's wife kiss his daughter? I knew it was poison the second it happened, and everyone knew that those cunts were masters of poison so why did the king allow her near Jamie's daughter? Also, why was Ellaria not executed? She tried to kill Marcella and the prince.

TLDR they conveyed zero emotion in this episode. Everything felt rushed and there was too much stuff going on. I'm not even going to mention what happened to Sansa because that was a bad move by the directors overall.

Also they made the dragon look like a bitch. How could a dragon get severely injured by like six people throwing javelins?
>>
badpossy
>>
>>64125141
>and that other guy let Oberyn Martell's wife kiss his daughter? I knew it was poison the second it happened, and everyone knew that those cunts were masters of poison so why did the king allow her near Jamie's daughter?
Damn, you dumb.... Doran Martell actually tell her to not fuck it up (when she kiss his hand) why do you think she fucking cries? because he let her live?. Re-watch the Dorne scenes and tell me he didn't want to fuck the Lannisters up. ''I BELEIVE IN SECOND CHANCES''
>>
It was terrible, slow, boring, and completely uneventful until Hardhomme, which is the only thing anyone will ever remember, and as a result everyone gave the season a 10/10
>>
>>64125780
>Doran Martell wants the princess dead in such an obvious way so it points to Dorne

That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard so it's probably going to happen.
>>
Its shit, and they shat on my favorite fucking character.

DnD are horrible writers/directors the only reason why they got so far is because of GRRM's writing
>>
>>64125141
>if they resurrect him thats walking dead tier retarded.

Oh it's confirmed happening

GoT turned into the Walking Dead a long time ago. Did you notice the zombie army?
>>
>>64126236

Who's your favorite?

>>64125780

Yeah that's dumb
>>
>>64126236
>GRRM's writing

His writing has been shit for a decade

You can't blame them for having to adapt to fucking terrible books.
>>
>>64126245

Yeah but at least these "zombies" actually kill people
>>
>>64126300
no one important
>>
File: 1417708510049.jpg (2 MB, 2295x3450) Image search: [Google]
1417708510049.jpg
2 MB, 2295x3450
1 > 3 > 2 > dog shit >>> 4 >>> your mom >>> 5
>>
>>64125141
1. Stannis was desperate. He was going to lose unless he had some kind of miracle. If burning his daughter had ended up working, he'd be hailed as a hero willing to sacrifice anything to save Westeros. But Melisandre was full of shit so it didn't work out that way.

2. John is pretty dumb. A lot like Ned, really.

3. Yes, this was stupid. Ellaria should have been imprisoned at the very least, you don't get to attempt to murder royalty and get away with it unless you're royalty yourself. Ellaria was just Oberyn's bottom bitch, there was no reason for her to be allowed to walk around freely like that.

As for the dragon, it's still very young, it has a long way to go before it's fully grown.
>>
Each individual plot was a complete mess. Seriously - just think about why each character does something and you end up stumped.

Hardhome was a great action sequence, but there were no stakes involved. We know nothing about the Wildlings and the only one we might care about was with Jon the whole time. We don't care about the village of Hardhome, nobody important died, no new information was given. However well shot it was, how can it be a great episode when nothing of substance is actually happening?

Season 5 was dogshit.
>>
>>64126278
His last two books havent been great, but they are still good compared to most television shows on right now, and DnD threw out like every single good thing that happened to shove in tyrion and dany

>>64126266
I have many, mainly Stannis, but they made jaime a little whipped bitch, especially when this was his time to change into a new man.
>>
>>64126440
>Stannis was desperate

in like 2 inches of snow, kek
>>
File: Stannis.jpg (61 KB, 1891x368) Image search: [Google]
Stannis.jpg
61 KB, 1891x368
Dubs for the true king!
>>
>>64125141

Stannis' actions made no sense. Shitty writing.
>>
>>64126278
At worst, the books are ok and at best, decent. The latest season was horrid. It's not Martin's fault
>>
>>64126487
>they are still good compared to most television shows

that's not saying much

The fact is they were two bloated books, full of useless shit like descriptions of food, and yet almost completely empty of actual plot.

D&D had to cut out all the shit and adapt the two books severely, but since they're lazy they just cut out as much as possible and put in a "badass action" episode to appease the fanboys.

If GRRM had bothered to write two good books that D&D could have copypasted from this wouldn't have happened.
>>
File: 392.png (293 KB, 1226x766) Image search: [Google]
392.png
293 KB, 1226x766
>>64126576

There is only one !
>>
>>64126487

Oh, and why did Cersei's son, the king, not do anything but jerk off in the red keep wile everyone he loved was imprisoned by the Taliban? He's spineless, but he knows he could have infiltrated the High Sparrow's order and got everyone out alive. If anything, he could've killed everyone. The high sparrow wouldn't have killed his prisoners.
>>
>>64126640
see
>>64126664

D&D are too incompetent to adapt two bloated, empty books to television if GRRM had written two relatively short well written this wouldn't have happened.

D&D proved with season 1 that they are fine at adapting shorter, simpler stories, but feast for crows and Dances with Dragons are a whole different issue, they're both long, chaotic messes that no one could ever adapt well.
>>
I can tolerate every episode but this an Hardhome. that being said, Hardhome, at the very least, has some redeeming qualities. This, however, was shit.
>>
>>64126664
Book 4 had best Jaime and lots of important stuff. Riverlands was great and totally cut

Even the Iron Islands had its charm. So you are totally wrong. George wrote two bloated books that had less action but some important shit. d&d just cut the good parts in and put crap in its place
>>
>>64126689
>why did Cersei's son, the king, not do anything but jerk off in the red keep

That's simple

In the books he's like 5 years old so he could never do anything proactively. They have written a 16 year old to act like a 5 year old.
>>
File: 1406478676263.jpg (4 MB, 4336x3056) Image search: [Google]
1406478676263.jpg
4 MB, 4336x3056
t-t-t-trash baaaag
>>
>>64125141
Fuck you dumb nitpicker. I loved it, I loved TFA, I'm eagerly anticipating Star Trek Beyond and I'm thrilled about the new Hermione. Grow up.
>>
>>64126752
You're missing my point.

Books 4&5 had good stuff between all the crap, but the narrative is so chaotic, disjointed, and bloated that you would have to put in a ton of effort to combine it all correctly into a good adaptation.

That's beyond the skills of most people, and realistically a good adaptation is near impossible.
>>
>>64126855
Reread the books.
First time you go in, you expect action like SoS but the second time you know to appreciate characters
They are long but not as bad as you think. Not impossible to adapt, especially
As the adaptable stuff
Was purposefully cut anyway
>>
>>64126845
>>
>>64126918
>Reread the books

no reread is going to fix the fact he split up the narrative among 20 new POVS most of them either useless or doing nothing and then jammed them all together at random.

No reread is going to change the fact that say, Brienne does literally nothing in Feast for Crows, despite taking up half the book, or that Tyrion in Dance with Dragons spends the entire book on a road trip.
>>
>>64126855
I could have adapted the books. Anyone who read the books and appreciate them could have.

DnD just decided to pander to the show watchers with needless action, poor writing and shit characters.

So we got forced and terribly acted dany and tyrion meeting up that has little to no concequences

They arent good writers, and its amazing they did seasons 1-4
>>
>>64127018
Brienne is shit

Tyrion did a shit ton: yea no physical action but he worldbuilt and introduced a new element: a new Targaryen. As well as joining up with Mormont
>>
Just out of curiosity, for people who are still watching this show: what would need to happen for you to actually drop this shit? How bad would it have to get?
>>
>>64127268
>new Targaryen

1. They barely interacted
2. Everyone thought that sub plot was terrible
>>
>>64127242
>I could have adapted the books

No way they're a complete mess from a narrative and pacing perspective. I'd honestly like to see anyone try to do better with the same budget.
>>
HBO is marathoning it right now

you win or you die, right now

the pointy end up next
>>
>>64127374
Reread the books, Tyrion gave him the idea to attack.
As for bad subplot, its fine.
>>
>>64126801
Man, being English is such a gamble. The Harry Potter kids all turned out fine, but Arya and Salsa are more hideous by the year.
>>
>>64127548
>Tyrion gave him the idea to attack.
yeah in one chapter
then in another chapter he shit talked him at the magic bridge, wow such great, intriguing writing.

Then there were 20 chapters of Tyrion doing stupid pointless shit. No one was looking forward to any of the stuff he did in Dance with Dragons, it could have easily all been cut.
>>
>>64126774
Why couldn't they just keep him as 7 or even 10 dammit? Just so they can have muh sexy scenes with Margeary? They could have just let him be and give him his cats to play with while she takes over everything or at least gone the Borgias route and not show anything. was it by force that they had to make him older just so he could fuck Marg on screen?
>>
>>64127427
>Theyre a complete mess with pacing problems

So? Thats what adaptations are supposed to do, they fix that shit. You do what george wanted to do, dont seperate the entire story by geography.

Season six would have been all build up.

>You get tyrion traveling most of the season with the reveal of another targ near the end for pay off
>you do dorne like it fucking should be, with them trying to make myrcella queen
>You do the kingsmoot near the end of the season
>Maybe throw in stone heart too so brienne has something to do
>we see davos get the reveal of "the north remembers" the right way
>Sam actually traveling to oldtown, his plot gets the payoff with banging gilly
>Dany's story ends with maybe meeting the martell
>jaime travels to the riverlands and progresses as a character, ends with him burning the letter

Etc
>>
File: (19).jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
(19).jpg
45 KB, 409x409
>tfw you read the books

the tv series became dogshit after season 2.
>>
File: lol.jpg (24 KB, 300x275) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
24 KB, 300x275
>>64127877
>tfw your favourite series cannot be adapted because it's too complex
>>
>>64126689
Tomman was a spoiled sheltered prince who spent most of his days being shielded from Joffrey's murderous rages and the palace intrigues.

Cersi tricked him into thinking ANY attempt to rescue his wife and brother-in-law would result in the Faith Militant immediately killing the two before his troops could get into their stronghold, just to spite him.

He never fought back, because he was (again) a sheltered pussy and lacked the incest madness that made Joffrey a crazy violent fucker.

Which is a sad thing really; had he had good advisors, Tomman would actually be a good king. He's not a lunatic fringe type and with proper knowledge of the entire picture, could save the seven kingdoms, if he knew the White Walkers were coming and had competent people to help him make peace with everyone so as to prepare a proper defense against them.
>>
File: Varys merman.jpg (23 KB, 456x457) Image search: [Google]
Varys merman.jpg
23 KB, 456x457
>>64125141

Who /Stealthgot/ here?
>>
File: 1445667249847.webm (142 KB, 566x674) Image search: [Google]
1445667249847.webm
142 KB, 566x674
>>64127832
>so they can have muh sexy scenes with Margeary?

Yes

the tit quotient is getting far too low now that Emilia Clarke has demanded she never appear nude again.
>>
File: Michiel-Huisman.jpg (131 KB, 790x532) Image search: [Google]
Michiel-Huisman.jpg
131 KB, 790x532
Everybody does know that Pilou Asbaek isn't playing Euron, right? He's a body-double the producers hired to film the character's one outdoor (i.e public) scene that required many extras. I know this because the actor left Northern Ireland only a week after filming the Kingsmoot scene and didn't even attend the end-of-shooting party a few weeks ago. Its logistically impossible for all of Euron's scenes in season six to be wrapped up after only a week of shooting - Asbaek is playing a body-double.

I know from first hand experience that the producers have hired a few body-double actors for season six because one of my friends played Ramsay Bolton's double for a couple of scenes in Winterfell.

Michiel Huisman is the real Crow's Eye.
>>
>>64127845
narrative wise this is still far too split up.

No one knows what is going on as it is in the show can you imagine even more POVs?
>>
>>64127845
yet...you're still missing Jon, Arya, Sansa and Theon's plotlines... all of which are important and unskippable.

The books are becoming too wide in scope for them to adapt properly. They'd have to split each book into two or three seasons to make sense of everything now.
>>
>>64128056

>I know from first hand experience that the producers have hired a few body-double actors for season six because one of my friends played Ramsay Bolton's double for a couple of scenes in Winterfell.

Do they basically act as stand-ins during a dress rehearsal? or do they actually appear on camera i dont get it
>>
>>64126801
Is she wearing a dress with Japanese comics on it? Because that's what it looks like.
>>
File: wtYvc5w.jpg (192 KB, 500x1043) Image search: [Google]
wtYvc5w.jpg
192 KB, 500x1043
>>64128246
No they actually do appear on camera, but only for a non-speaking scenes. Casting producers will sometimes hire body-doubles for big TV shows/movies if there is a scheduling conflict with the real actor or sometimes rarely if they are trying to preserve script secrecy; as is the case with Euron in season six.

My friend's two scenes as Ramsay were: 1. Ramsay finds Myranda's smashed corpse at Winterfell and cradles her head.
2. Ramsay is in a hut with Osha and they are about to have sex until she draws a blade on him. My guess is that while Ramsay is searching for Theon and Sansa he will instead run into Osha and Rickon.
>>
>>64128056
Danish film student here. I've worked with an actor that's worked a lot with Asbæk. Was even invited to the premiere of one of his movies. Asbæk is playing Euron. I'd like you to give the source of your information, because I doubt Pilou Asbæk would want to play a body double. A lot of people here in Denmark are excited to see him in the show.
>>
>>64128205
Im just giving you an idea of what it could be, im not a real writer.

>for most of the season its about the voting of him becooming the lord commander, he gets sworn in later then in the finale he gets asked to become a stark by stannis

>arya does her normal stuff like in the book, maybe soke traveling to get there, and in the finale she gets a new face or kills the merchant, whichever one is earlier

>Theon is the eyes and ears in winterfell, he meets with roose and learns about about stuff, hears the tree from bran etc, the finale would probably be him getting raped.

And I dont really remember much of sansa's story, been a while since I read them.
>>
File: euron.png (2 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
euron.png
2 MB, 1366x768
>>64128439
Well he will be playing Euron in season six - but only for the Kingsmoot scene. Because that particular scene required over a hundred extras and was filmed at a public location here in Northern Ireland (Ballintoy Harbour specifically), it wouldn't be possible for the producers to hide the fact that Daario Naharis is Euron if they had Michiel Huismann show up for that scene. In fact Huismann was on holiday in New Orleans with his family during the week that they shot the Kingsmoot. And the source for Asbaek leaving Ireland after the Kingsmoot scene is the actor's Twitter; you don't need to believe me you can check for yourself. He had returned his home country little more than a week after his shoot in Ballintoy Harbour while the rest of the production continued filming way into December.

And I don't think you should dismiss the prestige that comes from being an actor in Game of Thrones; even if its only for a body-double role. Its one of the biggest television shows ever made and it certainly would not be a waste of Asbaek's time to have a small role in it.
>>
Who /r/asoiaf here?
>>
>>64128667
Never have I experienced or heard of an actor in Denmark who is practically A-List wanting to be a body double. That'd be like Mads Mikkelsen being an extra in some Hollywood movie. It's stupid. You'll be proven wrong once season 6 airs.
>>
File: 1443567284775.png (2 MB, 1586x1374) Image search: [Google]
1443567284775.png
2 MB, 1586x1374
>>64129090
Well you should be all the more surprised when the twist with Daario is revealed in season six then, Danish-friend. :)
>>
>>64128667
Even moreso, D&D are big fans of Borgen, a Danish show he's a character in. That's why they cast him. Why would he parade around with interviews and shit, about him being Euron, and get his own country excited to see him in the role, only to disappoint everyone? He'd get a lot of hate, it'd be unwanted. I think this is all just to support your fan theory.

Just because he was only filming for a week during that session, doesn't mean there weren't a whole bunch of other sessions previously.
>>
>>64129090
>an actor in Denmark who is practically A-List

So Denmark's tallest midget then?
>>
>>64129419
If you consider the title character of Hannibal to be a midget, sure.
>>
File: 1438305576874.jpg (58 KB, 624x312) Image search: [Google]
1438305576874.jpg
58 KB, 624x312
>>64128696
everyone apparently
>>
>>64129451
Stilts?
>>
>>64129469
Fuck. Two of my favorite boards...
>>
>you're meat is bloody tough
>bran doesnt get it

how cute
>>
>>64129469
Do you have a problem with that, neckbeard? You can shitpost memes with the autists on eightchan /got/, we're trying to have a discussion here.
>>
>THERES A BIG GUY scene

on hbo2E right now
>>
>>64129532
I think Bran is supposed to represent the audience in that scene. If you were at a dinner-party and someone just maimed a guest, but then that experience made them better friends, you would probably react disbelievingly too.

Shame that the Greatjon won't be back though :( I've heard they've cast his son though for S6.
>>
>>64126689
You be the guy to tell the catholic world to go shoot at the pope to countermand his holy word. See how well that works out for you. Even without that tho he did have knights and shit, it wouldn't have been easy, they were a militant monastic order.

>>64125141
are you suggesting stannis won't get away and raise an army of the hill people he did from the books that the show didn't mention at all? no way in hell did wassername stay to execute him instead of running off to check for sansa's candle
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.