[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wasted Potential: The Character
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: Darth_Maul_profile.png (785 KB, 653x816) Image search: [Google]
Darth_Maul_profile.png
785 KB, 653x816
Seriously, how tragic was this shit? Badass design, actor with actual martial arts skill-- killed off by a bullshit move in the first film. One of the many tragedies in the PT.

Wasted potential thread? Wasted potential thread.
>>
>>64123245

They brought him back, and it was terrible
>>
those horns are so fucking stupid
>>
>>64123296
your fucking stupid
>>
>>64123296
Without them he would look even dumber, instead of looking like a scary demon he would just look like a faggot with face paint
>>
>>64123245
That's what makes him so good and mysterious, though.
>>
The prequels had many many shitty things going on for it. Killing off some cool looking unknown who spoke two lines is the least of the prequels problems.
>>
File: raypark.jpg (132 KB, 800x1075) Image search: [Google]
raypark.jpg
132 KB, 800x1075
Goddamn Ray Park is awesome.

This is now a Ray Park Thread.
>>
What the fuck even is he?
>>
>>64123483
A Zabrak
>>
>>64123340
I'm not aching for a backstory or more lines or anything-- I agree leaving that stuff behind is part of what makes him cool. I just think he'd have been better off as a recurring assassin-type character, showing up now and again to kill of someone important/sympathetic.

>>64123412
True, but keeping a character who could've actually been worth a squirt of piss would've helped alleviate some of the problems.
>>
File: 1450736385029.jpg (43 KB, 367x380) Image search: [Google]
1450736385029.jpg
43 KB, 367x380
>>64123245
>visible glue on the horns
>>
>>64123483
In-universe: a mixed-race alien.
IRL: nightmare fuel. Save for the shit horn glue.
>>
>>64123522
Dathomiri Zabrak, with tattooes from his clan, the Dark sided Night Brothers
>>
File: 300190-savage-opress-009.jpg (65 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
300190-savage-opress-009.jpg
65 KB, 533x800
>>64123296

His brother has even better ones.
>>
>>64123524
I'm sure you already know this thread was a mistake and your complaint is pointless and stupid right now.
>>
Dooku was wasted potential. Darth Maul was nothing at all.
>>
I really hope they bring him back. Just as one nod to the prequels. Just one. Unlikely though since they went to the trouble of nonsensically placing the Republic's capital on Hosnian Prime instead of Coruscant just so they wouldn't have to show it.
>>
File: savage.jpg (117 KB, 1560x878) Image search: [Google]
savage.jpg
117 KB, 1560x878
>>64123582
They were normal before he was transformed
>>
>>64123641
You mean in the movies? That's an awful idea.
>>
He was good as he was, basically a silent attack dog. Would've been nice if they didn't kill him so he could return in the sequels.

I mean, not as a robot tarantula centaur
>>
>>64123660
Why? He is a really cool character, and since he's still canonically alive, they could use one of the movies (at least a spin-off one) to finally give him a proper death and bring the character to the sound conclusion that the EU denied him.
>>
>>64123632

Dooku had literally nothing going for him. There was zero character. Just fucking NOTHING. Who even was Dooku? Who even cared? He was Christopher Lee. That's it. How could they have developed Dooku? What would have been his arc? What would his character have been? How could they have made him good? He was an old guy who rode on a hoverbike for a bit and had a cape. He was NOTHING.

Darth Maul at least could have had some bizarre twisted child soldier backstory to him, or he could've been an unstoppable, unemotional sith killing machine, hatred bursting out his veins.
>>
File: Darthmaul_detail-4.png (201 KB, 398x605) Image search: [Google]
Darthmaul_detail-4.png
201 KB, 398x605
>>64123693
He got normal legs
>>
>>64123582
his name is savage opress?

george you absolute insanious
>>
>>64123865

It was Georges daughter who invented the name.

A madman of a family
>>
>>64123791
He was a respected senior jedi, master to Qui-Gon and student to Yoda. That would make his appeal for Obi-wan to turn to the dark side more sinister
>>
>>64123865
With a soft "g", still stupid but yeah, his brother was called Feral. "Maul" was established to be Darth Mauls original name
>>
>>64123789
No, he isn't. He's fucking barely anything at all. Even after his revival he's mostly nothing. I agree that the fact he's just hanging around in limbo now is amusing and stupid, but there's no reason to bring him back in the movies.
>>64123791
He at least had charisma and a backstory that tied into the main characters' situations while also foreshadowing the corruptive power of Sheev. Maul was literally nothing but a walking action scene.
>>
>>64123296
Drink bleach, faggot.
>>
>>64124069
>Maul was literally nothing but a walking action scene.
So give him one more with a definitive death. Preferably decapitation, being thrown into a trash compactor, or complete incineration with a n extended close up of the body, and a scene with a space mortician saying "yup, he's dead", so that no hack comic book writer can give him mechanical organs or some shit and revive him again.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.