[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did she find it? It clearly fell from Cloud City when Luke
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (120 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120 KB, 500x332
How did she find it?

It clearly fell from Cloud City when Luke fell out the porthole. They cut to a shot of it falling. His hand was still holding it. It didn't fall into the garbage where some janitor could find it.

Within 15 minutes it would have burnt up in the steadily thickening atmosphere and whatever atoms remained would have sunk into Bespin's hydrogen core.

I loved TFA but this is a major plot hole.
>>
She explains it, it's a long story.
>>
>>64118132
for another time
>>
>>64118132
Evidently not, because it no longer existed by the time the Falcon got Luke.
>>
>>64118100
Because it's "The New Hope Awakens: Extreme Plot Convieneces Edition"
>>
>>64118100
maz kanata was in her vacation on the gas planet bespin
and was passing the floating city and then the saber hit her head leaving a bump
>>
It must have be a great story and she cherishes this find by putting it in the basement in an unlocked room in an unlocked box in a hive for space pirates.
>>
>>64118100
The large shaft that Vader and Luke had their confrontation in wasn't shown to be open to the atmosphere. If it were open at the bottom, light from the clouds below would have reflected up and lit up the shaft, and it wouldn't be so dark. The saber and hand landed somewhere within the shaft or were sucked into one of those side tubes like Luke was.
>>
The force.
>>
>>64118100
I wonder if JJ will edit that shot out of Empire for the next Bluray release.

Because you know Lucas would if TFA was his.
>>
>>64118255
Except they show it falling into the clouds. Go watch the film again friend.
>>
>>64118246
The room was locked.
>>
How do you know it didn't land on some other platform several hundred meters down?
>>
>>64118295
Yea there's also a edition that has luke yelling as he falls. They could easily claim some bullshit and edit them for future release.
>>
File: handsaber.png (101 KB, 695x469) Image search: [Google]
handsaber.png
101 KB, 695x469
>>64118255

check out
>>64117762
>>
>>64118295
So how the hell did the hand and saber end up in the EXACT SAME TUBE as Luke? He was hanging from the platform by Vader for at least a minute after his hand was chopped off before letting go. That debris show falling after Luke ends up on the outside of Cloud City had to be something else.
>>
>>64118318

Rey's heart was locked.
>>
>>64118158
>>64118132

>That is a story for Star Wars Episode VIII, remember to preorder your tickets

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>64118480
Perchance do you have a higher resolution image? It's hard to tell what that object is.
>>
>>64118524
Maybe there is only one tube. If they fell from the same place it's likely they would end up in the same place.

Regardless, they show it happening. It's not speculation.
>>
>>64118100
Cloud City Ugnaugts found it, passed it on to Lobot. He was a good friend.
>>
>>64118580
screen grabbed it from youtube. A higher resolution image probably exists somewhere, though.
>>
>>64118295
That was trash, not luke's hand or weapon.
>>
>>64118711
It is clearly a lightsaber and hand.
>>
>>64118711
Ok JJ ;-)
>>
>>64118295
you don't believe that do you? that would've been inappropriate. Lucas wasn't trolling until the prequels.
>>
>>64118711

I'm pretty sure in the novelization theres a line that says something like "Luke watched as his hand fell into the clouds below"
>>
>>64118787
holy, no way. I have the novelization. i'll go get it.
>>
>>64118820

I could be wrong, I just remember hearing something about that. Either that or it was a line in the script or something
>>
>>64118100
>They cut to a shot of it falling. His hand was still holding it.
I'm watching Empire right now, that prequel lightsaber reaction shot isn't in this movie. You even see the hand let go, but it's in the same shot as when it's actually cut off.

You never see it fall with Luke, could be that organic and nonorganic shit is separated by those tubes. Animals/corpses get dropped while machine parts or dropped tools get found again.
>>
>>64118787
Have the Ballantine edition. p.202. No mention of a hand falling to the clouds bellow.
>>
It got stuck in some trash recycler.

That's at least what happened in the EU.
>>
File: search.jpg (4 KB, 246x104) Image search: [Google]
search.jpg
4 KB, 246x104
The eagles caught it you fucking autists.
>>
>>64119206
Why didn't they just ride the eagles to destroy the death star?
>>
>>64118985
>cut to a shot of something falling
>it's not something important, it's just some trash
Yeah, no. I always understood it to be his lightsaber, and it clearly is.
>>
>>64118100
It was the will of The Force.
>>
>>64119623
>cut to a shot of something falling
You mean Luke?
>>
>>64118100
the saber has a will of its own

it wants to be found
>>
The real question is what happened to Luke's hand. If they can find that Lightsaber then surely his hand was find-able too. We could go full EU and make a clone called Luuke
>>
>>64119715
This is outside, when Luke is hanging on the weathervane.
>>
>>64119772
Wasn't that actually a thing before Disney trashed the EU?
>>
>>64119248
Why didn't the emperor just use the eagles to destroy Alderaan?
>>
>>64118100
That's a reverse shot of Leia handing Anakins' AOTC&ROTS/Lukes' ESB Lightsaber to Maz that is only in the trailers but not in the final cut of TFA
>>
>>64119805
Yes
>>
>>64119800
Oh I see what you mean. Well that probably is the hand and lightsaber from the looks of it. Luke couldn't have caught up to it really to see it fall like that but I'll agree that's really what it looks like. I learned something, thanks anon.

So your problem is that it'd burn up falling through the gas?
>>
>>64120025
Yes, that's what would have happened.
>>
>>64118100
>loved TFA
Dickless manchild confirmed
>>
>>64121589
>>64121589
But wouldn't thicker gas decrease it's terminal velocity? It's also not falling at an angle through orbit but straight down already in the atmosphere, what if it landed on a gas platform or got eated by an alium?
>>
>>64121904
Maybe, but eventually it would have melted when it hit the super hot layers.
>>
>>64122173
But what I'm saying is you don't know it hit the super hot layers. Maybe Lando has more satelite gas platforms down there. Also for some reason in the 2015 art book that had new TFA stuff also confirmed at least one animal that lives in the clouds of Bespin, honestly I wouldn't be surprised if something ate it.
>>
>>64118100
My wife's son and I loved it, I took him to see it twice
>>
>>64118132
That's a story for another prequel
>>
>>64122407
Anthology Film #17 - Maz Kanata
Release Date - 2029
>>
It's a remake, much like TFA

Someone, probably Ren, made a replica from pictures. Then he became more and more obsessed with Vader and wanted a red saber
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.