[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck did a girl who had been a jedi for half a day beat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 292x173) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 292x173
How the fuck did a girl who had been a jedi for half a day beat a sith/whatever who had been trained his entire life, partly by Luke and who apparently also killed a bunch of other jedis also trained by luke???

Sure he was injured but come on. Also how did he not just completely destroy finn?? He was able to fling rey 30 feet into a tree literally seconds before he started sword fighting some random ass dude with no prior training??
>>
Turns out fighting control panels doesn't prepare you for the real thing
>>
I don't think he was as skilled as he makes himself out to be, you never know how long he actually did train with Luke or how he dismantled his training school.
Also it doesn't look like with the time he has spent with the New Order he has anyone actually teaching him how to fight, just Snoke talking to him from a projector.
>>
The only logical explanation is that she was one of luke's jedi in training who had her memory wiped for some reason
>>
>>64117164
Remember how he's good enough to freeze blaster shots in the hair when calm but can't read Rey's mind when he's afraid of her?

They're doing the light tempation thing, he's better when calm and worse when shot and after he murders his dad.

The dark side isn't stronger, just easier if you give in. Kylo Ren is the wanna be tough guy, he kills Han because he wants to be hardcore but his conscious won't let him.
>>
>>64117283
>he kills Han because he wants to be hardcore but his conscious won't let him.
10/10
>>
Maybe luck exists after all idk
>>
He didn't destroy Finn because he was drawing the fight out, once Finn lands a hit on Kylo doesn't he slice the fuck out of him in the next 5 seconds?

Also he got fucked up by Rey because the movie makes a massive deal about trying to show the audience that Kylo has no control over his emotions whatsoever, coupled with being shot in the stomach by a weapon which the movie also makes a massive deal out of by showing stormtroopers get flung across the room every time it lands.

He's also more in tune with the force when he's calm and focused, which he is definitely not at the end of the film, he just killed his dad, got shot in the stomach, his base is being destroyed by some punk ass traitor and now the lightsaber that was Vader's and "belongs" to him completely resisted him.
>>
File: 1449700480414.png (313 KB, 413x408) Image search: [Google]
1449700480414.png
313 KB, 413x408
>Gotta wait 2-3 years to see if all this fan speculation is true
>>
>>64117283
>conscious
I meant conscience, I always fuck up that spelling
>>
>>64117192
lol, this. Kylo has never fought with his lightsaber once in his life. He's only used it to execute people or murder unsuspecting victims..
>>
She's the chosen one.
/thread
>>
>>64117257
In the movie Han says that he eradicated the others at the training school which i would assume means that he killed them and if he was able to do that then he probably should have been able to handle rey and finn just fine.
>>64117283
>>64117265
Rey being a former apprentice of luke is the only thing that would make it a little better. still though literally seconds prior he flung her 30 feet. Atleast he should have been able to completely fuck up finn, but no not even close.

Him ending up being so weak just really kinda ruined the movie for me. Prior to that fight he's pretty much a scary badass who seems like he would easily be able to destroy any of the main characters

Would have been a lot happier with the movie if he had fucked them up pretty bad and then rey would do her 20 second focus thing, fight back a little though not enough to beat him and then narrowly escape because of that huge chasm thing.
>>
>>64117351
Why would he be drawing out the fight though?? Also he flinged rey 30 feet minutes before there fight, also after being shot and mentally fucked up.
>>
>>64117164
probably because he's still conflicted, whereas she has just accepted her duty and knows what the fuck she needs to do
>>
>>64117192
kek
>>
>>64117692
>Atleast he should have been able to completely fuck up finn, but no not even close.
confirmed for not seeing the movie
>>
>>64117692
It fucked up the movie for me to, lost all respect for Kylo, and ruined one of the only original things in A New Hope rehash.
>>
>>64117283
>good with the force and lightsaber if calm
>bad when he is angry, afraid, emotional
Kylo Ren confirmed for light side
>>
>>64117774
>Why would he be drawing out the fight though??
To show off as a superstrong evil badass.
>>
>>64117164
Maybe Luke is shit at training?

Like, so shit he makes you worse.
>>
>>64117952
How i making him more of a generic villain ruining an original thing?
>>
>>64117910
I mean he should have just fucking forced choked him or flung him into a tree or fucking something, not duel him for 2 minutes and actually get fucking hurt by him
>>
>>64118077
He just wanted to make him more scared. Haha, you stupid bitch you cannot hurt me one bi-- OW, FUCK, you grazed me motherfucker!
And then he was serious and Finn was fucked.
>>
>>64118077
>not duel him for 2 minutes
It's not even one minute long.

He's toying with him the whole time, he wants to play with his lightsaber because he murdered everyone one else that used one.

All of Finn's fight with Kylo is exactly like the last half minute of the duel in Empire. Vader is toying with Luke, Luke taps his shoulder, Vader gets serious and ends it right after that hit.

Kylo lets Finn get up even, then burns his shoulder with the crossguard. Then as soon as Finn gets that glancing blow Kylo disarms him and slices his spin. Again, the whole fight doesn't last one single entire 60 second minute.
>>
>>64118219
You have a video?

If he is really that good then why didnt he just fuck up rey?
>>
>>64118305
He never once during the entire movie wanted to kill Rey why is this complicated for people it's a fucking JJ Abrams childern's movie
>>
>>64118305
There's a webm of the entire fight floating around, even the webm isn't a minute long and it includes shit when they aren't fighting yet.

Are you gonna act like there's no difference between Rey and Finn in this movie when talking about their force power?
>>
>>64118345
>bring heeerr too meeeee!
This is accurate. Plus Kylo seems to know who Rey is but even without going into fan theory shit Snoke says he wants her.
>>
>>64118347
alright the point wasn't that it was a 2 minute long scene just that i didn't see it as him toying with him, atleast not anywhere near how vader did with luke in empire strikes back.

Even though rey and finn obviously are not the same rey is still pretty much completely untrained while kylo has been training his entire life.

>>64118370
Forgot that part, atleast this makes it a bit better. Though i still think that it would have been better if he actually toyed with her instead or if he atleast would have shown that he was much stronger than her.
>>
>>64118564
>much stronger than her.
He was until she calmed herself and had a force burst. It's not unlike Luke just believing in the force at the end of ANH and being superhuman. Don't forget the force controls your actions, partially. This is even made pretty clear when she's suddenly physically stronger than him, it's da force bruh. In the OT force power was saber ability, it's the prequels and EU that separated them with Mace Windu and Grevious. Luke beats Vader in RotJ because he used a dark side power boost, not because he had trained to be better with a saber since Empire. He's got no one to practice with.

> i didn't see it as him toying with him
And if I saved the webm I'd post it. The big thing you might remember is how Kylo just knocks Finn down and lets him get up, just like Vader does to Luke. The pottery is real. Anyway the difference between Finn and Rey is the force and between Rey and Kylo is that the dark side is not stronger. Her untrained harmony was more powerful than injured/sad/pissed Kylo not trying to kill her. Now I'd normally say those would help a dark side user, but I think we all get by now he's not really fallen so much as a light side user that really really wants to pretend he's fallen.
>>
>this tired ass argument

Pls stop.
>>
>>64117164

To be fair, Kylo was just toying with Finn. As soon as Finn was able to strike him just a bit (on the shoulder), Kylo quickly threw Finn's lightsaber away and slashed his back.
>>
>>64117164

Kylo ren isn't a sith, Rey and Finn aren't Jedi... They were just wildly swinging at each other like Kevin Costner and Alan Rickman.
>>
File: 1450834451611.webm (3 MB, 720x288) Image search: [Google]
1450834451611.webm
3 MB, 720x288
>>64118305

This is the fight.
>>
>>64118892
I'll see if i can find it, maybe i just didnt notice that and actually he was going easy on him.

Haven't watched the old ones for a long time, in what scene does luke become "superhuman" in ANH?

Also what is this "dark side power boost" you are talking about?

Not saying this didn't happen but i just cant remember
>>
After six fucking movies. I'd think at least some guy that designs the death stars would have figured it up by now that putting the reactor on a big surface and on an area that can be blown up quite easily, or the fact of never getting shit done right.
>>
>>64119049
Fucking Thanks!

>>64118892
Also totally right, definetely did toy with him and fucked him up when he touched him!
>>
>>64119218
If they weren't easy to blow up, he wouldn't keep getting contracts to build new ones.
>>
>>64119147
>Haven't watched the old ones for a long time, in what scene does luke become "superhuman" in ANH?
When he shuts down his computer and shoots e missiles into the Death Star with the force.

>Also what is this "dark side power boost" you are talking about?
I wouldn't call it a power boost, but he charged Vader in anger when the other said he'd corrupt Leia and in that outburst he was clearly superior.
>>
>>64119246
What? Now you gonna say that the planet blowing up was an inside job.
>>
>>64119330
Did you see the explosions? Clearly controlled demolition. Blasters can't melt steel beams.
>>
>>64117460

So anyways, Rogue One teaser when?
>>
>>64119049
>weightless beam of light
>have to swing it slow as fuck like its a 20 pound claymore

lightsaber fights are fucking stupid and starwars is a bad meme
>>
>>64119147
>in what scene does luke become "superhuman" in ANH?
If normal humans need targetting computers to hit the exhaust port, and Luke using the force surpasses a targetting computer, it follows that Luke is technically superhuman. I just superhuman reflexes or intuition, I don't mean Superman tier or anything.

>Also what is this "dark side power boost" you are talking about?
In Jedi, when he got pissed and just started bashing on Vader's saber until he cut Vader's hand off.

No worries, I watched the whole OT the week before seeing TFA so they're fresh in my mind.
>>
>>64119466

> when he got pissed and just started bashing on Vader's saber until he cut Vader's hand off.

Don't most Jedis make use of "the dark side", then? I can't think of a single lightsaber duel that wasn't won because the Jedi was "angry". Think Obi-wan in Phantom Menace, he got angry after watching Qui-gon Jinn. In fact I think Darth Maul was calmer than him. Also Anakin vs Dooku in Revenge of the Sith. And, as you mentioned, Luke in Return of the Jedi against Vader.
>>
>>64119317
>>64119466

Alright i'll rewatch that part!

Also just watched that fight scene and i see what you guys mean!

Actually made the whole movie a lot better, was so fucking butthurt about that when i got out of the theater but the whole "bring her back" thing and this webm of the fight vs finn made me realize that perhaps kylo wasn't so fucking weak after all.

Just seemed like such a fucking badass when he stopped that blaster and then like shit when he didnt just wreck the 2 of them, but i makes a bit more sense now!
>>
>>64119625
Really want to watch it again now actually!
>>
>>64119559
>prequels
Look you can't even reconcile those movies with the OT, best to leave them out of NT discussions. JJ and Kasdan sure don't give a fuck.

Anyway you know it's a dark side thing because Luke is tempted to kill Vader, looks at his own robot hand, and decides to throw his saber down to show embracing the light. Then he even says "i am a jedi like my father before me." You don't have that hand look shot and line if it wasn't the dark side.
>>
>>64119559
Isn't that the whole allure of the dark side? You can be more powerful by getting angry but then it eats you up or some faggy nonsense. Star Wars is fucking low-tier good vs evil bullshit.
>>
>>64119654

>let's ignore the prequels because JJ, Disney, and a host of profiteering assholes have decided they aren't part of their rehash fest

No thanks
>>
>>64119721
It's not like they full fit with the OT anyway. And it's not about ignoring canon, it's about explaining the new movie with the new movie's rules which are based on the OT and not the PT.

It's not like I'm saying they suck so bad they don't count, I'm saying if you're explaining the OT and NT they clearly have different rules about the force than the PT does.
>>
The bigger question is, why is Kylo Ren's sword like that? Those probably do more harm than good, prohibiting one from executing certain moves. Is it because Kylo Ren's a fuck-up failure? Like, he doesn't even know how to build a lightsaber? Is that the reason he wanted Rey's lightsaber so badly?

Also, why does he pray to Darth Vader when he wasn't even close to Palpatine in terms of strength?
>>
Also where the fuck are the Jedi? Didn't Luke Skywalker revive the Jedi Order in the comics or something? Why is everyone so bad in using the Force? Why are the main villains some fresh-faced 20 y/o twinks?
>>
>>64119936
>he doesn't even know how to build a lightsaber?
Wouldn't that be more difficult to design a non-traditional lightsaber like that?
>>
>Sure he was injured but come on

I don't see how you can say that. He tanked a bowcaster shot to his gut, a gun that was killing stormtroopers just off the splash damage.

It was amazing he was even still standing.
>>
File: balloon_sword.jpg (38 KB, 578x566) Image search: [Google]
balloon_sword.jpg
38 KB, 578x566
>>64119049
rewatching this scene made me realize why i hated kylo ren's lightsaber so much
>>
File: Problem_Lucas?.jpg (10 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Problem_Lucas?.jpg
10 KB, 200x200
>>64117556
>She's the chosen one.
>/thread

Now you're getting it. Just needs a blue screen and we'll be rehashing the rest of the story.
>>
>>64120005

It looks like a crude imitation of what a lightsaber should be.
>>
>>64119457
>Light
Plasma, which has weight

Also much gyroscopic forces
>>
>>64117164
she was trained by her dad as a kid, m8
>>
He was arrogant and prideful as hell. Before he was probably the strongest and most skillful of Luke's students, which lead to his arrogance and a sense of supremecy which helped Snoke seduce him to the dark side. He had probably never faced someone who could challenge him before and this made him doubt himself.
That's the thing with Jedi/Sith, make them doubt themselves and they start to fall apart. Just look at Ren's face when Rey resists his mind reading and turns it against him. She eroded his will and made him believe that perhaps he wasn't as strong as he thought. He was fucking scared.
>>
>>64117164
>another HOW DID SHE BEAT HIM HE'S A POWERFUL SITH SHE IS A NEW JEDI complaint

Jesus fucking christ, Star Wars has always been about talent and the Light side prevailing over evil. Seven fucking movies and people still haven't figured out that the protagonist always win.
>>
>>64120463
What are you talking about? The light side always gets BTFO by the dark side.
>>
>>64120533
Shut the fuck up Exar nobody's buying your bullshit put your trip back on.
>>
>>64120600
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DI8kkR9G0Q

I mean fuck, Palpy and Dooku just throw shit around like it's nothing, and even Yoda, the greatest light side force user at the time, takes like 10+ seconds just to throw a rock or senate chair back.
>>
>>64119936
>Like, he doesn't even know how to build a lightsaber?

Yes.
>>
File: 1451072210586.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1451072210586.png
444 KB, 800x600
>>64119936
>>Is that the reason he wanted Rey's lightsaber so badly?
>>Also, why does he pray to Darth Vader when he wasn't even close to Palpatine in terms of strength?
>there are people who are literally this dumb
>>
>>64120747
This movie doesn't exist
>>
>>64120747

MY LITTLE.... GREEEEEEN.... FRIEND
>>
>>64121078
Even in the OT, Luke only beats Vader when he gives into the dark side, and Palpy is way too powerful to challenge in a fair fight.
>>
>>64117164
he took a blast to the gut that sent storm troopers flying 20feet and was already "emotionally comprised" which is a big fucking thing with the force.

why do u spergs not see these things. it's crazy.
>>
>>64119049
>kylo smacking his wound

Why is he so perfect. Best character hands down.
>>
>>64117164
He was hit by Chewbacca's crossbow which the movie repeatedly showed how powerful one shot is. The fact he could walk away and fight showed how strong he is. He also was ordered to bring her in to the Sith lord not to kill her.
>>
>>64121157
>"emotionally comprised"
Like Spork was when Fulcrum got exploded by the Ramens?
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.