[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kylo Ren, Good Guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: kylo1.jpg (263 KB, 1280x1994) Image search: [Google]
kylo1.jpg
263 KB, 1280x1994
Is Kylo Ren a Jedi Assassin? It is being speculated that Luke and Ren did a fake out and all the padawans in Luke's training were sent out to be hidden in different planets(Rey in Jakku), because Luke discovered that there was no way to defeat Snoke with just the power of the light side. Kylo also had to kill his father so that Snoke would train him to be a Sith Lord.
Is the new hope similarities all a misdirection????
>>
>>64111269
why does tumblr ship rey and ren so much
>>
no this is just some retarded reddit fanfiction you brought here
>>
>>64111284
>tumblr
>??
>>
>>64111269

I sincerely doubt there is a ruse this elaborate going on. Rey being a former student that was sent out and hidden makes sense and is entirely possible, but Kylo being a double agent who killed his own father because 'haha you guys I was just pretending' goes against all of the emotional turmoil he's shown to have
>>
>>64111284
Because it's the non-canon forbidden pairing
>>
>>64111309
Why it makes sense, Kylo didn't seem to like the idea of the starkiller base being used, also why wouldn't luke tell him that darth vader went to the light side at the end?
And why did he act like he knew Rey?
>>
>>64111269
He's not a sith lord and never will be. He's a Knight of Ren, a new Dark Side faction. Snoke is probably the leader of the Knights of Ren. The sith are gone for good.
>>
>>64111345
That makes sense too, but I think it was Han's and Ren's plan all along to do that to gain Snoke's trust.
Also Harisson Ford has always said he wanted Solo to die by sacrificing himself for the cause..hmm
>>
>>64111393
Well ok but he isn't fully trained either, Snoke wanted him to kill his father to prove himself
>>
>>64111422

Attempting to get his son to turn back and almost succeeding surely counts as 'the cause'

I don't see it happening, it feels like a reddit tier 'jar jar is a sith' crackpot theory
>>
>>64111478
Thats a really shitty cause then, while I hate reddit crackpot theories, I think this twist would atleast be a much need subversion
>>
File: accepting_your_death.jpg (54 KB, 692x577) Image search: [Google]
accepting_your_death.jpg
54 KB, 692x577
>>64111478
>mfw always thought that obito being tobi was a reddit tier crackpot theory
>mfw it was true, all of it
>>
>>64111519

Subversion isn't needed, though
They don't need a left field twist to keep people engaged, just good character development
>>
Both my sisters thought Ren was hot and wanted Rey to get with him because he's "conflicted".
>>
What I do hope actually happens is that Kylo somehow goes to the light and Rey goes to the dark side.

A lot of people think that Rey was created similar to how Anakin was, primarily by the force.
>>
>>64111556
I think it does, if the movie treads the same light vs dark with Kylo being redeemed at his death then people are going to hate it
>>
>>64111597
pics?
>>
Rey = Jean Grey + Harry Potter

Kylo = Snape

Calling it now.
>>
>>64111599
That would be be cool but I think the tumblirinas will riot if they turn their flagbearer into a villian
>>
>>64111637
Damn Snoke even looks like a shitty voldmeort
>>
Kylo "Slice Your Neighbour With The Saber" Ren also known as
Kylo "In Order For Certain Events To Transpire To Killing Dad I Must Aspire" Ren
Kylo "Kill Han Before We Drain The Sun" Ren
Kylo "I Know I Used To Be Ben, But I'd Still do It All Over Again" Ren
>>
>>64111676
He looked to friendly. like a bear or something
>>
>>64111269
>no way to beat Snoke with just the power of the light side
I would hate this. The force is literally The Holy Spirit of Star Wars, it's not just fighting power. The dark side is a misunderstanding of it, the good force can beat it every time, that's why the dark side has to be so underhanded, shady, and constantly forcing the issue.
>>
>A dark warrior strong with the Force, originally a member of the Knights of Ren, and commander of the First Order.[10][11] Driver said the team tried "not to think of him as being bad, or evil, or a villain. Something that was more three-dimensional. He’s more dangerous and unpredictable, and morally justified in doing what he thinks is right.

Its because he is the balance to the force that the PT has so overly propheticised,

>Not a sith, walks between the darkness and the light
>kills all remaining Jedi, thus with no sith and no jedi, the light becomes balanced once more
>literally torn mentally, the balance of the force is giving him schizophrenia
>idolizes vader without understanding the sacrifices he went through to become who he was
>doesn't realize vader was a frail, half machine half man who needed life support so wears the mask in tribute
>thinks vader was on the dark side to increase power to bring peace and order to the universe
>kills his own father to try to land him on the dark side
>constantly uses his rage and fear and anger to fuel his strength, including his own injuries
>despite taking a bowcaster to the gut, having just cut up his dad, and incomplete training, still cuts finn up like a fillet-o-fish
>if not for shitty writing for rey's character would have beaten her but hurr durr muh force
>despite his loss to rey, now sets up for the next movie to come back stronger than ever, aka what they did for luke in OT and what they should have done for rey but muh feminism

I've never seen a character in Star Wars who is force sensitive and walks so narrowly between the dark and the light.
>>
>>64111995
No I dont mean defeat snoke as in just Kylo going at him..I mean rey and kylo creating a balance in the force that could kill him and the end the war
>>
File: Kylo Ren.png (335 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
Kylo Ren.png
335 KB, 800x450
>>64111269
>I was only nine years old
>I loved Darth Vader so much, I owned all the helmets and black capes
>I pray to Vader every night, thanking him for the Midichlorians I have been given
>"Vader is love", I say, "Vader is life"
>My dad hears me and calls me a nerf herder
>He is obviously jealous of my devotion to Vader
>I called him a TRAITOR
>He shoots me in the chest and sends me to my room
>I am crying now, because my chest hurts
>I go into my bed and it is very cold
>I hear a mechanical breathing moving towards me
>I sense a presence
>It's Vader
>I am so happy
>He whispers into my ear, "I am your grandfather"
>He grabs me with the force and lifts me in the air
>I'm ready
>I gasp for air for Vader
>He chokes my throat
>It hurts so much, but I do it for Vader
>I can feel my lungs tearing as my eyes start to water
>I push against the Force
>I want to please Vader
>He turns on his lightsaber as he asks me about the plans to the Death Star
>My dad walks in
>Vader looks him deep in the eyes and says, "I don't like sand"
>Vader flies away on his TIE fighter
Vader is love, Vader is life
>>
>>64111599

I don't expect this story to be subversive. It's Disney, it's going to show narrative respect for what is traditionally good and in the end all will be healed or removed. Nobody who has been on-screen as a hero will become a bad person.
>>
If the plot turns out to be this retarded I will personally apologize to Jorge for everything bad I ever said about him and the prequels.
>>
Kylo looks too soft to be a sith so I agree he is probably gonna be a good guy of some sort
>>
>>64111539
it was so fucking obvious
>>
>>64112254
I thought it was dumb
>>
>>64111269
Kylo Ren is the character that Star Wars always deserved but never had.
>>
File: wtf HOW HORRIFYING.jpg (31 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
wtf HOW HORRIFYING.jpg
31 KB, 408x408
>>64111269
>Kylo Ren, Good Guy?
hell no.the kid has know aknowledged a defeat and killed his dad.
''Show me again the power of the darkness, and I'll let nothing stand in our way''
>>64112273
i bet you were suprised that minato was jesus-kun dad.
>>64112185
>Jorge
>>
>>64111284
Because incest is hot desu
>>
>>64112052
Dude there are grey jedis aren't there or is that retconned now?
>>
>>64111284
Star Wars wouldn't be Star Wars without incest.

Kylo is clearly smitten in the books, but Rey doesn't reciprocate. Shen/Revan end isn't out of the picture.
>>
>>64112937
Disney basically shitcanned everything non-movies and the clone wars so year
>>
>>64112124
Kek
>>
>>64111284
Because he's the brooding angsty badguy and she's the woman he keeps chasing after. From what I've seen none of them have picked up on the obvious, that they're cousins, and will cry a river of tears once that's revealed.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.