[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>75% Rotten Tomatoes Why is everyone hating on this movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 16
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 442x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 442x333
>75% Rotten Tomatoes
Why is everyone hating on this movie so much?
Even if we remove Tarantinos name it's still the best comedy of the entire year.
No other anything has made me laugh more harder and consistently than Hateful 8.
It's consistently like the KKK scene in Django which has made everyone I have shown the movie to laugh for minutes.
>>
File: 1413488159811.jpg (18 KB, 342x359) Image search: [Google]
1413488159811.jpg
18 KB, 342x359
>>64103392
>No other anything has made me laugh more harder
>>
>>64103392
Lol wow.

It was meh at best. I wouldn't even put in his top 5. The dingus scene was dumb and the first half was boring.

Extremely well written, but just dragging.
>>
>>64103392
People can't handle slow burns any more.
>>
>>64103459
It wouldn't be well written if the movie drags.
For a screenplay to be well written it can't just be written like anyother book. It needs to have some elements of music where the story itself has beats and shit.
>>
Should have been an hour and a half, not three.

In fact, the first half could have been cut down to about 10 minutes
>>
I really liked the movie. I loved the slow, methodical dialogue of the first half and the crazy balls to the wall action of the second half. Damn good flick.
>>
Overall I really enjoyed it. It was beautifully shot, sound track worked really well, and the acting and story were good. Only problem I had with it was the pacing, but it wasn't that big of an issue. Also I had no idea Tanning Chatum was in the movie until the opening credits. Then completely forgot about it until he showed up again.
>>
>>64103665
Meta shitposting is still shitposting
>>
Of all the movies I've seen, I think this is the only one in which literally every single person that appears on the screen dies. Can anyone think of another movie that did this?
>>
>>64103849
Several disaster movies and hand camera horror movies
>>
Anyone here love the film?I thought it was great. Loved the characters, the dialog, the violence, the vomit. Everything about it was entertaining. The highlight for me was Leigh's rendition of Jim Jones. I also loved the abrupt flashback, the 4th Chapter, if i recall correctly. Every criticism I've read calling the film a failure fails to convince me that's so.

Full disclosure: I thought Django and Basterds were just ok. Pulp and Dogs, Tarantino's best.
>>
File: chris mannix.jpg (76 KB, 600x317) Image search: [Google]
chris mannix.jpg
76 KB, 600x317
>>64103392
The movie is divisive. It pushes a lot of awkward buttons for people, and it really holds a magnifying glass up to Tarantino's idiosyncrasies. People that enjoy his style and tendencies will enjoy it, but if you've been turned off on his work in the past, you'll REALLY hate this one.

But to your second point, I agree, I was laughing my ass off consistently throughout the movie. Tarantino dares you to find humour in really dark subject matter, and I typically do.
>>
After Rotten Tomatoes gave TFA 95% and Selma 99% I learned that it is, without a doubt, intrinsically flawed

Moral biases aside, big shot production houses are getting their cash into enough journalists' pockets and gaming the system
>>
File: yadingus.png (38 KB, 741x190) Image search: [Google]
yadingus.png
38 KB, 741x190
>>
strawpoll.me/6364601/
strawpoll.me/6364601/
strawpoll.me/6364601/
>>
shit
>>
>>64104017
well also, it's a rating unfair to divisive films and overly generous to generally pleasing ones. If a film gets 100 3/4 ratings and another gets 50 2/4 and 50 4/4, then film 1 gets 100% tomatometer and film 2 gets 50%. It punishes interesting, divisive filmmaking
>>
>>64104011
>if you've been turned off on his work in the past, you'll REALLY hate this one

i wasn't into I.B. and even less so into D.U. but this was fun, man
>>
Did the "warm black dingus" scene actually happen?
>>
>>64104049
Aside from that awful scene Major Walles character was pretty good.
>>
>>64103972
This

Everyone is hating on the film for how daisy was treated and I think they're missing the point and it was intentional. I honestly think it was Tarantino's intention to make "comedy" out of white people calling a black man a monkey and nigger or when a girl gets elbowed and punched so the audience would laugh and later realize how fucked they really and come to the idea that maybe they aren't so different from the evil men in this film. Maybe I'm giving Tarantino too much credit, but regardless, I really enjoyed the film. The whole presentation of the roadshow was really neat and the second half was wonderful (I still liked the scene before the intermission because of how perfectly it cut off)
>>
>>64104190
No, he just made it up to infuriate the guy.
>>
>>64103849
Cloverfield comes to mind, so this >>64103875
>>
I don't think the dingus scene was that dumb since Warren was trying to break the old guy and push him to his limits
>>
>>64104190
I'm certain he killed the General's son, otherwise he wouldn't know the General was unaware of his son's location (or fate).
>>
>>64104157
Interesting, what was it about this one that you liked over the other two?

I can understand Django since it's linear and kind of sloppy, but I.B. was pretty similar in tone and style to this one.
>>
>>64104212
This is the interesting thing about Tarantino's recent work and it can completely alter how you think about his movies.

There's a lot of really horrible things that happen that are written and directed in a very comic and over-the-top manner. E.g. the hanging of Daisy, the beating of the Nazi officer by the Bear Jew, the dialogue between Candie and the unintelligible slaver before that slave is mauled by dogs, etc.

So, either Tarantino is terrible at managing tone, has a fucked up moral compass and sense of humour, or is intentionally forcing the audience to laugh at fucked up things to expose how sick our own senses of humour are.

You be the judge.
>>
File: 1400874129855.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1400874129855.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>go through the autistic effort of filming in 70mm
>almost the entire film is set in a cramped indoor setting

You're not going to be able to uno farto your way out of this one tarantula
>>
>>64104212
>>64104465
Absurdism
>>
Stuckmann and Jeremy Jahns both gave it their best ratings (besides an A+ for Stuckmann) and at one point it was at 92% fresh. Definitely gonna have to see it just to decide for myself because I just don't know what to expect at all anymore
>>
>>64104487
I don't understand this complaint. 70MM isn't just for big wide vistas and epic battle sequences, it just plain looks better than lesser formats. I rarely see people complaining about The Master, even though it was a pretty conventional drama with only a few noteworthy camera flourishes (much like this movie).

The Hateful Eight has an incredibly detailed set, I think it more than warrants the 70MM treatment. That said, I would've liked to see Tarantino make use of it on a larger scale movie like Inglourious Basterds.
>>
>>64104541
>even unironically watching Stuckmann

are you fucking kidding me?
>>
It was shit 2bh
>>
>>64104568
yeah dude fuck different opinions yeah!!!!
>>
File: R5after_0011800.jpg (204 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
R5after_0011800.jpg
204 KB, 1920x1080
>>64104549
>70MM isn't just for big wide vistas
Oh the fuck it isn't

>The Master
took place in more than one setting.
>>
>The Hateful Meme: Starring Samuel Meme Jackson as Samuel Meme Jackson
>>
>>64104664
If you honestly think anything Stuckmann says is serious criticism you should probably consider suicide.

He is the most bullshit fluff reviewer on youtube, even IGN gives more insightful movie reviews.
>>
>>64104212

>so the audience would laugh and later realize how fucked they really and come to the idea that maybe they aren't so different from the evil men in this film.

That's basically Inglorious Basterds
>>
So when channing tatum springs his trap and blows Sam Jacksons nuts off, why didn't he keep shooting? He just fires once before conceding?
>>
>>64104288
The general told the sheriff about his son but I don't remember if Jackson was in the room at the time
>>
>>64104664
I bet you hate fantano too because he dislikes one of the bands you like lmao
>>
>>64104011
>Tarantino dares you to find humour in really dark subject matter, and I typically do.
All around embarrassing post amigo, but good copypasta material regardless.
>>
>Hey Tim Roth, Christoph Waltz didn't want to be in any more of my shitty hack films, would you mind acting exactly like him?
>No problem boss
>>
>>64104549
The Master also had similar complaints for being a bloated Drama. But unlike Hateful Eight it's an interesting movie because the characters have an arc.
>>
>>64104973
Embarrassing or not it's probably the case for most people that like this movie. I'll be sure to throw a few more memes and cuss words in next time.
>>
>>64104465
I can't wait till he manages to get people to laugh at a rape scene.
No irony or edge lord here. I want him to successfully do it.
>>
>>64103392

Because his writing has been going steadily down hill since Pulp Fiction.

His directing is getting better and better, but a lot of his scenes are simply flowery dialogue. Nothing witty, tension building or substantial. Just pointless verbosity. Like the card game in Inglorious Basterds. And Hateful 8 was 3 hours of that.

Still, weird that this is rocking 75% while something like The Force Awakens or Avengers has over 90%.
>>
>>64103849

Reservoir Dogs?

Do extras count?
>>
>>64105057
TFA has Disney Magic behind it
>>
>>64103972

His best would have been Kill Bill if it wasn't for Harvey Weinstein.

It's so well directed, but they butchered the script sadly.

I always suggest people watch the uncut composite cut (Whole Bloody Affair, when?) and read the screenplay, which is fantastic.
>>
I wish he would steal from John Ford more and just do the first half an hour for a full movie.
>>
>>64105054
Can't tell if sarcasm or not (Warm Black Dingus scene is arguably rape). If not sarcasm, you raise a good point. He really pushed the limit with this movie, especially at the end. Surprised there's not more tumblr outrage over this movie's 'misogyny' because of it.
>>
>>64105106

Yeah, I mean, even bad Tarantino is still good in many ways. I might not like the script all that much, but it wasn't "bad", and the directing, acting and all other production roles are perfect.

TFA for instance was basically competent on all levels. True 6/10.

Even if the pointless waffling nature of some of the dialogue irks you, the rest of the components of Hateful 8 are so good that it's at least a 7.
>>
because no ebin tarantino meme-action
>>
>>64105227
it was literally nothing but memes
>>
>>64105057
>witty
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>64105113
>Whole Bloody Affair, when?
Does the fan edit miss anything that was in it?
>>
>>64103392
I just saw it today in 70milimeme and I also really enjoyed it. I watch a lot of drama and I really liked the first half. It was refreshing to me to actually see a good amount of story and character build instead of getting right into the action, but able to keep your attention with incredible dialogue.

The pacing combined with the length actually made the movie feel like a "show" rather than the standard template for an action/comedy movie.

This is easily one of Tarintino's funnest movies imo.
>>
>>64105285

>Implying Tarantino doesn't try to force wit embarrassingly.

Also why are you telling me to go to reddit? This is a Tarantino thread, so it's by default reddit.
>>
File: PS8ls[1].jpg (57 KB, 851x315) Image search: [Google]
PS8ls[1].jpg
57 KB, 851x315
>>64103392
>best comedy of the entire year.

uh, no.
>>
>>64105293

I'm assuming it does. Although maybe not. I figured he held something back for it.
>>
>>64105308
>Tarantino tries to force wit
except when he doesn't and faggots like you complain
>>
>>64105331
Christmas is saved!

Take notes, Q.
>>
>>64105360

What a redundant post.
>>
I laughed, I gasped, I cried, I cheered. There are a couple close ups where Leigh just hints at this whole legendary secret backstory, like the look she and Tatum share, and it was frankly epic. I always felt like I was scrambling to keep up with all the cool detail Tarantino was throwing my way. It had the breathless energy of continual revelation that Sleuth had, in fact I would say the two films bear a lot of similarities.
>>
>>64105455
what a redundant person
kill yourself
>>
>>64103392

>force awakens
>generic action movie that shits all over established lore
>audience loves it

>hateful eight
>driven entirely by dialogue and character development
>audience is meh

Because people are plebs.
>>
There is nothing inherently special about The Hateful Eight.

It's only another fanboy's love letter to B-films and blacksploitation through a fratboy - like obsession with the word "nigger" as if it was hip.

The film is trash, the shots of landscapes are often out of focus and don't recall the masters like Ford, Peckinpah, and Leone, and is an overall drag.

Tarantino has always been mediocre, and this film finally made me realize that.
>>
>>64104273
There are countless bystanders in Cloverfield that could well survive, including speaking roles (military personnel).

>>64104465
>really horrible things that happen that are written and directed in a very comic and over-the-top manner
Wow, I couldn't disagree more with the moments you cited. I think these moments are presented in a very stylized manner, but that doesn't make them comedic.

The sudden killing of Marvin in PF was presented as comedic, an absurd twist of fate. The death of Leigh in H8ful is the iconic demise of a mythic character. Or at least that's the tone I felt T was going for.
>>
>>64105294
yea roadshow was great, can't decide between Sicario, Star Wars, Mad Max, and this for MOTY
(probably mad max imo)
>>
>>64105561

>kill yourself

What are you going to do when I don't?

Stay mad?
>>
>>64105625

I have to choose between Sicario, Ex Machina and Buzzard.
>>
>>64103392
It's offensive & all of the characters in the main cast are despicable people. This movie was not meant to be popular with the mainstream.
>>
>>64105586
TFA and Memeful 8 are both pleb shit. Patrician films from this year are things like The Assasin, Carol, and The Measures of a Man
>>
>>64105082
Yes. Did any extras survive h8ful?
>>
>>64105586
*tips fedora*
>>
>>64104790
I have no idea how people get something like this from Inglorious Basterds.

In the fucking awesome strudel scene, when Waltz tells her to wait for the creme, and the moment is utterly pregnant and tense, THAT is what the movie is about. Pure cinematic experience.

Tarantino even comes out and tells you. What is the ultimate weapon in the film? It is ... film. Like, literally film. "I think I just made my masterpiece!"

Tarantino loves violence, he's not trying to make you feel guilty for enjoying it. It's all just part of maximizing the experience.
>>
>>64105627
even if you don't kill yourself, cancer like you doesn't last long
>>
>>64105608
you're literally parroting white's review, which was verbose but ultimately unsubstabtial glib, if you will

use your fuckin head. he wasn't recalling the "masters of cinematography," he was taking elements of the movies he grew up on and changing them, i.e. what he's been doing from day fucking one

he was always being a fanboy, which was so appealing about him in the early 90s--he was different in contrast to the mass-produced action flicks that desensitized everyone. he was genuine. now, people are trying to be "cinephiles" and this sort of honesty, or closest thing to it, is more commonplace
>>
What did the color yellow symbolize? He deliberately placed yellow all over the fucking movie. Samuel's coat, inside of the carriage, hat on the post in the house, Sweet Dave's chair...
>>
>>64105756
there's the in-universe film that's the nazi sniping enemy soliders, it's presented in a similar manner as the violence in his films

it's not the main point, but it's definitely there. it's just less explicit than what he's done before, contrasting cartoonish violence like marvin's head blowing up with more subdued violence, like vic getting shot
>>
>>64105816
The Chinese population in America.
>>
>>64105608
>the shots of landscapes are often out of focus
Hilarious. Even the film's most vehement detractors acknowledge the stellar photography. You seriously think you just happened to notice a HUGE FUCK UP like "out of focus landscapes in a 70mm film" and nobody else did? Opinion discard.
>>
>>64104883
Yeah wtf. I guess they moved over to a different part of the room with thick flooring?or the basement was only underneath part off the room.
>>
>>64105188
>it's at least a 7

Well that's what it got on RT so you should be happy.

I don't see how you can expect a better score when it's a "mystery" movie with barely any mystery
>>
>>64105825
>there's the in-universe film that's the nazi sniping enemy soliders, it's presented in a similar manner as the violence in his films
I don't really get what you think this indicates, or reveals, about some supposed subtext.
>>
>>64103849
Cut Throats Nine
>>
I liked it but was a little disappointed. I'm not off-put by over the top violence and actually enjoy it but there was just too much of it. That and the fact that nearly everyone in it was a big character. Quentin Tarantino's movies are usually full of one-liners and death but it was so constant in the Hateful 8 that it felt like parody.
>>
>>64105882
i dont get what you're not seeing here, it's like a baseball flying at your face
there's a glorification of violence in tarantino's movies. if you're in clapistan, when a bunch of people get shot, the audience laughs and cheers. during the nazi propaganda film, the audience is doing literally that
then, when the film switches over to shoshanna's prerecorded monologue so she can kill the nazi's, her face is framed identically, thus drawing similarities between the two
>>
>more than eight characters
Which ones weren't hateful?
>>
>>64103609

like pottery
It has to rhyme
>>
>>64106069
jody
jody was pure and just wanted to save his sister
;_;7
>>
>>64106069
O.B. wasn't
>>
>>64106065
...So the film uses the hero/villain as foils for one another, like basically every story about a hero and villain ever told?

Are you saying it casts doubt on who is on the side of righteousness or evil, in the film's reality?
>>
>>64106069
OB didun do nuffin
>>
>>64106069
The booklet that came with the roadshow doesn't list the driver or the brother in the basement as a part of the eight. Arguable that the latter is because of spoilers, but the former definitely isn't one of them.
>>
>>64106129
there's a difference between foil and direct comparison
if anything, it's an attempt to show that propaganda is propaganda, no matter which side you're on
it's such a minor and kind of blatant thing that i'm wondering if we're just talking past each other
>>
>>64106214
merry christmas anon
>>
>>64104977
Ahhh you're not wrong but that's not really fair

Tim Roth was always Tim Roth
>>
File: 1420484273611.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1420484273611.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>64106233
merry shitscram, anon
>>
File: h8.jpg (409 KB, 1328x747) Image search: [Google]
h8.jpg
409 KB, 1328x747
>>64106069
>>64106164
here you go senpai
>>
what is the crucifixion statue meant to mean in the context of the movie?
>>
>>64105082
I think Steve Buscemi (Mr. Pink?) actually bailed before the end of Resevoir Dogs
>>
>>64106476
He gets killed by police off screen. Its confirmed
>>
File: steve_busceminion.png (752 KB, 1080x1002) Image search: [Google]
steve_busceminion.png
752 KB, 1080x1002
>>64106547
poor Steve
>>
>>64103392
Because it's fucking boring. Nothing happens for one hour and 38 minutes with the last ten minutes being gun shots.

It's just a bad movie.
>>
>>64106420
wow that's a big black picture. Just like pottery
>>
>>64103742
Do you work the Weinstein Company?
>>
>>64106681
Your meme doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>64106626
I'd say quite a bit happens. We get to know the characters and who they are. That combined with paranoia, impending blizzards, and the threat of guns create a sense of building tension
OR do you need action scenes to count as something
>>
>>64106843
idk, but a rape through bj is obviously enough for you.
>>
>>64106964
The rape is supposed to make you think less of him you nigger
>>
>>64104664
>different opinions
Stuckmann is predictable and bland as hell when it comes to criticism tho
>>
Absolutely trash. Story is boring, characters are shallow and non dynamic. Misogyny, racism, and GLORIFICATION OF RAPISTS. Film should be burned.
>>
>>64108799
>Misogyny, racism, and GLORIFICATION OF RAPISTS. Film should be burned.
hello cuck
fuck off back to tumblr
>>
Tbe only doubt i have is, did sam jackson kill that old guy son?
>>
>>64104487
Lmao what the fuckis he doing in that webm
>>
>>64103392
Hi Quentin.
>>
Are people really calling this movie misogynistic?
>>
He tried to do the opening scene & the bar scene from Inglorious Basterds for three hours and mix some Resivour Dogs & Django in it.

For a 3 hour film when he's ripping off his other stuff so much, why couldn't he have done scenes with each one of them showing something in their past.
>>
>>64108830
He probably killed him but didn't have sex with him.
>>
>>64106420

Why was the old guy a suspect but not the actual coach driver, makes no sense since John Ruth was paranoid as fuck.
>>
>>64108853
Too lucid for Quentin. If it was him, it woulda been:

75% on Rotten fuckingTomatoes? 75%?
Why is everyone, all right, hating on this movie so much, okay? Because, it's like, even if my fucking name is taken away, okay, it's still, like, the best comedy of the whole fucking year. All right? I mean. This movie is superfly, right, like fucking Rockford from the Rockford Files, all right?
>>
I thought the hanging of Daisy by both a white and black man had interesting subtext, stemming from the historical lynching of black males by white males, at the false accusations of white women. In the end the white she devil is what keeping us apart.
>>
>>64103392
>DUDE NEW ENNIO MORRICONE
>literally The Thing OST recyceled
we got Tarantino'd
>>
>>64106476
>>64106547
You can actually hear him in a gunfight with the police.
>>
pros: basically reservoir dogs with cowboys cons: basically reservoir dogs with cowboys
>>
>>64103849
Night of the Living Dead
Macbeth

its a pretty funny trope and not used too often
>>
File: blackhound.jpg (372 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
blackhound.jpg
372 KB, 1200x1600
The film has two problems that make it forgettable for me. Number one is there is no correlation to the 70mm lens and how the story is being told. It's a tight room with lots of close ups, but the close ups aren't real close ups because you can't do a close up with that lens. There is just a bunch of space on the sides of the frame and their foreheads are cut off a little.
Why use this grand epic format to tell a very narrow and short sighted story? Basically, I loved the story, and I loved the visuals, but they don't service eachother in anyway. They both just hang there flat.
The story wishes it had tighter shots and less landscape shots. The beautiful cinematography wishes it had a grand story with a hero who has an arch.

That brings me to the second problem, which is that there is no likeable character.
I'm not even making the Plinkett argument that you NEED a protagonist. I'm okay with a non traditional script. BUT for tension to work, and this movie is based on comedy and tension, there needs to be a person who is likeable enough to where you don't want to see them hurt.
After Kurt Russel is out of the movie, who do you care about? They all could die and I would just laugh about it. Oh wait, that's literally what happens, and I did laugh.
The movie worked as a dark comedy, but a dark comedy shouldn't be 3 hours and have long shots of landscape.

Long shots of travel in a massive landscape aren't JUST there to look pretty. They are there for the audience to reflect on the scope of the adventure and the story. There is nothing to reflect on in The Hateful Eight.

A missed opportunity for a good dark comedy. And a HUGE missed opportunity for a good classic 70mm epic.
>>
>Watched the Screener Leak
>Loved the fuck out of the movie
>Check RT
>Lower Score than Star Wars
>Racism, Soggy Knees, and Gore are main factors
>All three are stables of the age, genre, and even fucking Tarantino in the last 5-6 years

This movie was fucking awesome. The only thing they should have changed was THE scene. It started off so great with Silent Night and the Coffee, why did it have to devolve into that? Why?

Is it worth it to drive 3 hours North to see it in 70mm?
>>
I consider movie feminist, considering a female was a full on reprobate that got what was coming to her. She also was involved with a gang that placed everything on the line for her, not only out of blood ties, but mutual respect.
>>
>unironically watching cuck propaganda
>>
File: hateful eight haters BTFO.png (47 KB, 811x407) Image search: [Google]
hateful eight haters BTFO.png
47 KB, 811x407
>>
>>64109110
>>64109174
You guys don't understand the point of the 70mm. It's to get asses in seats. The people in the movie business know most people have equal if not better equipment at home and they don't have to go buy a ticket.

There are only two things that they've come up with to get people to go to a theatre, one is 3D, the other is this 70mm gimmick.

It's not about art, it's about money.
>>
>>64109442
The 70MM is extended over the Screener leak m8. It has new things in it.
>>
>>64109442
Sure, maybe it is. Doesn't matter, it looked beautiful. Point is he wrote a weird script, then directed it in an inappropriate, ill fitting style.

Whether or not that style was a soulless cash grab attempt is kind of irrelevent, either way the movie didn't work, and is in my eyes a failure.

I like to believe it wasn't for money though, I think he just thought those lenses made landscapes look really cool (which they do), and then got carried away with them and used them to make a movie that didn't benefit from them.
>>
>>64103392
will i still like this movie if i haven't seen the first 7?
>>
>>64103392
>goes through all the pains of filming a movie on 70mm film
>Revenant that was shot on digital looks better
Why do film fags like Nolan and Tarantino argue over a dead format?
>>
>>64109501
Yeah
>>
>>64103392
I think hipsters still didn't realize that the movie is actually pro-feminism. That opening shot of Jesus hanging from a cross was apparently way too subtle for them.
>>
This film gets a 75% fresh yet that other movie which is a rehash of the New Hope gets 95% fresh? Yelp has more genuine reviews then RottenTomatoes.
>>
>>64103495
This so much.

Was watching it with a friend and she couldn't get past the first 20 minutes.

I personally think it's one of QT's best.
>>
Why does Tarantino intentionally ruin his movies? This movie had exactly the same problem as Django. It builds up perfectly towards the climax for two hours and then the climax happens, it's great, it's violent, it's cathartic, and you expect an ending but instead the scene is abruptly cut and in the last 40 minutes it feels like the movie starts all over again.
>>
>>64109877
>abruptly cut
that IS the ending

not everything needs to have a nice, little bow tie around it
>>
>>64103392

>kkk

they were a lynch mob diphit
>>
What the fuck is with his awful narration? It literally makes a shit movie even worse.
>>
>>64109472
Watched the screener and thinking about seeing it in 70mm.

Thankfully there is a theater showing it that's less than five minutes away.
>>
>>64109971
That's the only complaint I have about the movie. QT should not be doing narration for basically any fucking thing.
>>
>>64109971
Tarantino is in love with kitsch. He just likes to put stupid shit from all those exploitation flicks he watched in his movies. It looked out of place in Django and it looks out of place here.
>>
>>64109110
Kurt Russel's character isn't exactly likeable but I guess he is the closest thing the movie has for the protagonist. In my opinion the point of the last third was that all characters were bad guys except for the girl of course. She is Jesus.
>>
Women are new blacks.
>>
>>64110278
>Major Marquis and Sheriff Manix
>not likable

Shit, I'd go one further and say Bob was probably the most likable one in the entire film.
>>
>>64110369
>Plays Silent Night like a boss
>Lies like a boss
>Dies like a boss

Also, did anyone else notice the poetry of Sam being racist to the Mexican when 5 minutes before he was whining about how he forced a white dude to suck his dick because lmao racism
>>
>>64103849
GEE WONDER WHAT THAT SPOILER SAYS
>>
>>64105752
I don't think there were any extras.
>>
>>64103392
Honestly, me and my wife's son marathoned the whole thing. Boring desu
>>
>>64110503
>marathoned a single movie

Stunning.
>>
>>64103392
It was meh at best. Retarded plot twist. Typical glorification of niggers. And a new low, a white man sucking niggers dick. Tarantino is a typical cuckhold and this shit movie proves it. Oh and he used 70 mm to shoot 80% of the movie indoors. And thanks for reminding everyone how many films this faggot made at the beginning.
>>
>>64110503
>marathoned
Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>64110503
>my wife's son
I know it's pasta but gets me every time.
>>
File: 1324053711354.jpg (19 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1324053711354.jpg
19 KB, 250x250
>mfw flashback scene clarifies who the adversaries were

Roth, Madsen, Leigh and Tatum outnumbered Russell while Jackson, Parks and Goggins were outside making a shithouse path and quartering the horses.

While Russell had his back turned, hammering the nails in the door, they could've ambushed him with a fucking coffee pot, to say nothing of guns.

Amateur writer mistake, but TearUnoFarto has been at it for nearly thirty years...well, except for the shit he stole from Avary...
>>
>>64103392
>Putting "the 8th film by Quinton Tarantino" on the poster

ugh. why?
>>
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 720x720
>>64103392
>Hyped because I heard Mads Mikkelsen is in it
Oh it's just Michael Madsen
>>
Who was the hateful eight? There was more than 8 people in the cabin. Was it the movie itself because it's the 8th movie by Quentin Tarantino?
>>
How is 75% RT a bad rating? If anything it shows tarantino's consistency these past years.

Sure he's scored higher on the past, but it'll be a solid film if not a great one. I should stay not taking this shit board so seriously.
>>
>>64112053
The coachman and Channing Tatum arent part
>>
File: 1385375287134.jpg (52 KB, 488x600) Image search: [Google]
1385375287134.jpg
52 KB, 488x600
>>64112143

Actually, it shows that TearUnoFarto blew so much money on needlessly using 70mm, the Weinsteins couldn't pay off more critics to praise his crap this time around.

Let alone, buy him an Oscar nomination.
>>
>>64111035
Meme Mikkelsen is shit, m8.
>>
This movie is comfy as shit familia.
>>
>>64112392

Yeah, I'm a sucker for a-bunch-of-strangers-in-a-room movies, and this was a fun one.
>>
>>64112364

Those lenses were ancient, irreplaceable, and actual antiques (Ben Hur). The fact they let him shoot with them at all is amazing. I'm glad somebody was wise enough to not let him use them on some crazy shoot in some godforsaken shithole so he could pull a Gilliam.
>>
>>64103392

>Quentin 'Uno Farto' Taratino
>Good Movies

Grow up kid, the guy hasn't an original bone in his body.
>>
File: 1356673627005.jpg (66 KB, 675x663) Image search: [Google]
1356673627005.jpg
66 KB, 675x663
>>64110627
Here's your reply.

I know you've probably been refreshing for a while hoping to see one.

You're welcome.
Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.