[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What series am I able to immerse myself in to forget about life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: 1449385295862.jpg (56 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1449385295862.jpg
56 KB, 600x450
What series am I able to immerse myself in to forget about life and the world surrounding me? I'm looking for multiple that I can watch and kill endless time on, that are consuming too so I'm not bored and stay interested

Just went through a break up and I need a distraction of fictional peoples lives
>>
Not your spoonfeeding board your welcome
>>
For the last fucking time: WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?
>>
>>64099136
B-but I like being spoonfed

With how much some of /tv/ argues I figured youd enjoy a chance to push your shows on someone if you argue for them so much

>>64099154
A-anon what do you mean?
>>
File: its.jpg (55 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
its.jpg
55 KB, 800x600
christmas bump
>>
>>64098992
fuck is that picture op
>>
File: wut.jpg (6 KB, 271x186) Image search: [Google]
wut.jpg
6 KB, 271x186
>>64098992
What the hell is that, OP?!
>>
>>64099756
Deer ass
>>
File: the.jpg (78 KB, 800x526) Image search: [Google]
the.jpg
78 KB, 800x526
>>64099922
what do you mean?
>>
>>64100072
OP's pic is shopped. Looks like jontron, and I don't even know who is.

I'm trying to think of fun, life-affirming shows to watch to keep you comfy and distracted. I'm thinking mainly comedies. Parks and Rec, Community, Scrubs, Arrested Development. King of the Hill, if you want to go animated. If you're looking for something more dramatic, try the West Wing. I'm picking based on funny or interesting shows that have a heart and are not afraid to get some feels going now and again. MASH might also be a good one.
>>
>>64098992
Banshee's good for this, and there's an abundance of Tim and Eric shit you can really get lost in
>>
File: SQWAAAAAAD.jpg (105 KB, 799x500) Image search: [Google]
SQWAAAAAAD.jpg
105 KB, 799x500
>>64100531
Thanks. Ive already watched parks/the office/community/AD multiple times through because they were good distractors I could get absorbed in. I

ll need to try king of the hill since it seems like its mentioned on here now and then. And scrubs.

Also planning on the sopranos.

Any others though?
>>
>>64100531
If you want something more nihilistic and amoral, comedy wise you've got Peep Show, Rick and Morty, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Blackadder, Fawlty Towers and so on.
>>
File: tumblr_nbgm40rucv1rdredko5_1280.jpg (108 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbgm40rucv1rdredko5_1280.jpg
108 KB, 800x600
>>64100563
Never heard of it. Ill look into it.

>>64100578
I tried always sunny, but it just seemed kind of forced to me. I see rick and morty gets a lot of shit on here but I'll look into that since it seems popular outside of /tv/

I've never heard of the others but any suggestions are good ones, making a list now
>>
>>64100576
Well, if you're looking for something a bit more cerebral, a proper mentally and emotionally involving show, Six Feet Under would be my pick. Sopranos is also great, ofc. Deadwood too, if you're looking for something grittier and more sordid, but still endearing enough to be escapist.
>>
>>64100635
Here, some of my favorite shows in a plebby format.

American TV drama

Six Feet Under
The Sopranos
The Wire
Twin Peaks
Mad Men
The Shield
Battlestar Galactica
Fargo
Orange is the New Black
Band of Brothers

British TV Drama

Brideshead Revisited
Boys from the Blackstuff
The Street
State of Play
Edge of Darkness
I, Claudius
Doctor Who
Peaky Blinders
The Singing Detective
Our Friends in the North
>>
>>64100576
Sopranos is great and will give you a reason to get up in the morning for as long as you're watching it. Not pure escapism though, it's definitely a show that will get real and make you think about life. But it might also have the opposite effect of giving you emotional tools to use in your daily life as well. If you like Sopranos and finish it, check out Mad Men too.
>>
>>64100653
Looked up Six feet under, it looks like something I'd like. Thanks for the suggestion.

Planning on looking into deadwood too.

>>64100845
Mad men was great since it was 7 seasons and they were long episodes that got pretty deeply involved in peoples lives. I liked OITNB too. The rest I'm adding to the list.

For british TV its hard for me to take it seriously/not instantly hate it because it feels weird
>>
law & order
>>
>>64100926
A lot of the Brit ones are mini-series, so well worth the risk. Some of them can be quite grounded in British culture, and involved with political and social issues, but you should be safe with State of Play and Edge of Darkness. One's a surprisingly slick and well-plotted thriller, the other's a strange, dark, moody and existential conspiracy thriller.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.