[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is one of the most haunting stills from The Sopranos. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Kaisha.jpg (48 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Kaisha.jpg
48 KB, 960x540
This is one of the most haunting stills from The Sopranos. It's an expression of meaningless/emptiness of the Christmas sentiment and hollow connection between a family who really should be much closer.The only line mustered is one from a stranger, who could only compliment the furniture, the lavish objects that these characters have sacrificed their soul to attain, the materialism that has swallowed up their humanity. All that's left is toxicity pervading their daily lives, all goodness is corrupted and gone.
>>
Any thoughts?
>>
I thought this was /tv/'s favourite show?
>>
ANON COULD YOU PLEASE DELETE THIS THREEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAD
>>
I don't see the fuss with this show. Watched it almost fully (I'm at half the 6th season tight now) in the past week because everyone recommended it and praised it as one of the best shows ever but watching it felt more like a drag most of the time.
That said, Paulie is hilarious.
>>
>>64097638
You need to be a patrician to truly understand it.
>>
>>64097924
>understand
Who said anything about not understanding the show? I didn't even said the show was bad, I said the show is a drag to watch.
also
>no explanation about what makes the show SO good
>"lmao this show is for tru patricians"
It's amazing how hostile some of you get over literally nothing.
Anyways, nice damage control. I guess.
>>
>>64098106
>>no explanation about what makes the show SO good

http://scholarcommons.usf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=5807&context=etd
>>
>>64098144
>even the explanation is a drag to read
It's a good thing I have free time.
>>
>>64098297

Maybe you need something more brightly colored and quip-filled. Something from the Whedon or QT oeuvre.
>>
>>64098364
Not really.
Just need something that doesn't start by roughly saying that the show is affected by the fact viewers are paying for the cable to watch it because I'm not paying for shit which basically means I'm not enjoying the full "The Sopranos Experience".
Then again, maybe that thesis is right and why the show is so praised is because of "buyer's remorse".

All in all no one in /tv/ can explain with their own words why the show is good which ironically says more about the show than the thesis.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.