[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What year were you born? Do you like the Ewoks? >1984 >I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: 712674-ewok.jpg (76 KB, 650x366) Image search: [Google]
712674-ewok.jpg
76 KB, 650x366
What year were you born?
Do you like the Ewoks?

>1984
>I didn't mind them

I have a theory that if you grew up with them and saw the movies as a kid, you wouldn't care as much.
>>
>>64093151
>1995
>saw the OT and PT around the same time and saw 2 and 3 sooner rather than later

Imo they didn't do anything wrong, they were fine, even a little cute liek the one smoking Endor weed
>>
I don't mind the concept but the execution was too goofy
>>
yes, they are the best thing in star wars
>>
- I didn't mind them at first but as time went on and the prequels were released I realized that they were one of the first indicators of Lucas' impending Star Wars insanity
>>
>>64093151
>1990
>Hated them when I was younger, found them to break the film and not be cute

Now I don't care as much, when I realised the OT had shitty pacing throughout.
>>

When I was a kid I didn't actively dislike them but I absolutely did not give a fuck, whereas a lot of my friends loved them

Today I think they're gay af and really stupid but eh Jedi has a lot of issues so whatever
>>
>>64093151
1984 just like you OP, and yeah i kinda liked them. Cute furry cannibal fuckers.
>>
>>64093151
The people who grew up with the original had to deal with Ewoks

The people who grew up with Prequels had to deal with JarJar

The people who'll grow up with the new trilogy will have to deal with ??????
>>
Don't really care
>>
>>64093313
Either MaRey sue or KANJAKLUB
>>
>>64093201
>RICCKKKEEYYYY! YOU CAN'T SAY SPACE WEED
>>

I don't really care. The original idea with the Wookies probably would've been better
>>
I was born in 1992. I don't HATE the Ewoks, but they're definitely the weak link in the movie.

Jedi starts and ends strong but the entire middle section of the movie where the group just wanders around Endor is a fucking drag. I don't mind the Ewoks beating the Empire in theory, Star Wars has ALWAYS been about the underdog beating the big bad. Just the way it's executed leaves a lot to be desired, it's too much slapstick humor, which is a problem throughout the entire movie
>>
Celebration song > Yub Yub tbqh
>>

they're in line with the whole 'old ways' vs 'new tech' motif that the force was all about anyway though it really stretches (breaks) believability that they could do anything against storm troopers, probably because they were basically teddy bears
>>
hated the fuckers in battlefront
>>
>>64093151
>1990
>Hell no, I thought they were stupid and annoying. Detrimental to the quality of the overall film and their looney tunes antics doesn't mesh at all with the Luke/emperor stuff. A sign of what was to come in the prequels
>>
jawas and ewoks are the best in star wars
>>
They're ok. I used to watch the old Ewoks cartoon btw.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvVTq-Q48D0
>>
>>64093583
This tbqh. One of the few actual beneficial changes to the OT.
>>
Ewok movies are better than TFA. Those furry fuckers are great
>>

They're cute and awesome and if I could live on Endor with them I would.
>>
>>64093583
Not worth the jabba scene tbqh
>>
>>64093151
They looked like hairy Abos, so no.
>>
>>64093213

Same year and same reason
>>
>90

>Liked them well enough as a kid, even saw pic related multiple times and thought they were fun. Especially the booby trap stuff in the Battle for Endor. I still think they are OK, nowhere near as cringeworthy as Jar-Jar.
>>
>>64093151
40 fucking minutes trying to save Luke. 40. Fucking. Minutes. The Ewoks hadn't even come on screen and the film was already ruined.

>Jedi is the worst SW film, even worse than Phantom Menace and Clone Wars

Fuck you if you disagree, nostalgia and peer pressure control your opinions.
>>

I saw ROTJ only once when I was 7 and I'm not gonna do it again, all you need to know is that the empire was supposed to win, fuck the rebels fuck the ewoks
>>
>>64093151
I saw ROTJ when i was 11. I thought they were lovable. Now, i find their dead, glassy eyes creepy.
>>
>>64093863
>fuck you if you disagree

Nice opinion there lad

>>64093846
Doesn't one of these feature a family and a kid getting killed?
>>
>>64093832
What's an abos?
>>
I don't care about star wars
I watched it too young to really get it or be annoyed at them or whatever
plus I've always had some kind of autism when it comes to story and plot, always had a hard time following or seeing the point of what happens and have distance and be aware of how I feel about it, so I just went with it
>>
>>64093151
You mean the theory from the "how I met your mother" show?
>>
>>64093151
Born in 92 and I don't mind them, but I also don't think they're anything special. That's all...
>>
>1990
I always liked those scenes where ATST is shrecking them.
That alone was worth suffering those furballs through the entire film.
>>
>>64093908
Yeah, the second one. Pretty brutal for a kids movie. Then, the little girl that survived meets a creepy old man played by Wilford Brimley. Haven't seen it in ages.
>>
>>64093151
>95
saw the movie on tv
>didnt liked them
at the time i preferer the gremlins,those were just ugly teddy bears to me and still are
>>
>>64093313
Maz Kanata
>>
>>64093151

I was ok with them.
All the other aliens in SW either looked badass or creepy, it was nice to have some cute alien around
>>
>>64093151

>1987

>I didn't really care about the ewoks, I was more interested in what was going on up in space during those scenes. They did make the stormtrooper seem less competent, but honestly if you're a fan of the OT you're well aware of how incompetent stormtroopers are by the start of this movie. I also never understood the whole "ewoks were just there to sell toys" fucking no one wanted an ewok toy, A-wings and B-wings on the other hand...
>>
>>64093151
I thought they were based as all fuck.
Had The Ewok Village toy as a kid. It was amazing.
I remember when pic related nigga was named Wicket
>>
>>64093904
Go to bed kylo
>>
>>64093151
>What year were you born?

I was 10 for Jedi. The movie as a whole was a bit of a letdown, and the Ewoks were too goofy and hurt the movie.
>>
File: wooee.gif (42 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
wooee.gif
42 KB, 400x267
I watched the all originals as a kid, and I really liked all of them. I don't really get why some people dislike the ewoks quite as much as they do. Yeah, they're silly, but the treehouse scenes were pretty cool, and I'm kind of glad they didn't rehash the equally silly wookies like originally intended. I think ROTJ is generally underrated here. It's pretty fun and has memorable moments, just like the other 2.
>>
>>64093151
91, I hated them. But I just saw this movie for the first time like 3 months ago so idk.
>>
>>64093151
>1982
>Never had a problem with them.
YUB YUB
>>
>>64093151
I like Ewoks cause they're like tiny bears and bears are pretty cool.
>>
>>64094689
He's not still called Wicket?
>>
83. I actually liked them and colected most of their merch
>>
They walk like retards and freaked me out when I saw them as a kid.
Everytime I rewatch they basically ruin the film for me.
>>
>>64093151
86 they are OK. I wouldnt say I like them, but I didnt hate them like I did the goofy stuff in the prequels.
>>
>>64093922
Aborigines in Australia.

Its funny how shortening a word makes it offensive
Jap Japanese
Nip Nippon
Heeb Hebrew
Gyp Gypsie
>>
File: 1446687677385.jpg (47 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1446687677385.jpg
47 KB, 500x375
>89

They would have been better if their role was lessened. Instead they became the first noticeable sign that Lucas stopped giving a shit about his movies and prioritized merch sales.
>>
>>64093151
>76
>yes
>>
>1987
>I don't mind the Ewoks themselves so much, just the implausibility of them even trying to take on the Empire
>>
>>64093313
giving a single fuck about it
>>
>>64093151
>97 and what is this

Didn't care much as a kid other than think warwick is based. RotJ has the best scene in the whole trilogy anyway so it is very much worth to see either you like the teddy bears or not.
>>
Loved them. Probably saw it first when I was around 5 and I thought it was cool how they beat the Stormtroopers. Plus that bit has the speeder bikes so that was rad.

Now I just think it's a neat idea with insanely weird execution so I kind of like it.
>>
>>64093151
probably 1935
I love the ewoks a lot as i too am from a well known movie that you might have heard of thats called the wizard of oz. being too that im a fuzzy lil critter that you may know as toto the dog, the best pal of dodorthy.
all the best to you this christmas dear friends.
>>
1987. First saw RoTJ shortly before the Special Editions came out.

They don't bother me too much. Their comedy with C3P0 is acceptable.

They're no where near as bad as Jar-Jar
>>
>>64096777
nice trips, drunkfriend
>>
I loved when the fuck empire's shit up. These little furballs are gangsta
>>
File: image.png (377 KB, 557x456) Image search: [Google]
image.png
377 KB, 557x456
Wtf is this a picture of
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.