[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Based Jim the only person capable of writing strong, independent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Feminism BTFO.png (433 KB, 714x221) Image search: [Google]
Feminism BTFO.png
433 KB, 714x221
Is Based Jim the only person capable of writing strong, independent women (who don't need no man) without turning them into one dimensional Mary Sues, i.e. Rey from Cuck Wars?

Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor in particular, are incredibly complex characters, who are both flawed to the point where they're almost incapable of functioning. Hell, Connor was even sectioned because she was so fucking weak. However, both Ripley and Connor both found the mental strength to overcome their own personal issues. These are strong female characters who people can relate to. Reddit, take note.
>>
if those movies came out today you would be bitching at them too
>>
>>64092967
No, have you?
>>
>>64093001
>>
IMAGINE
>>
>>64093001
People are bitching about Force Awakens because it's disappointingly average. Part of that averageness comes from its underwhelming cast of characters. Character development was sidelined in favor of pushing a transparent political agenda.
>>
>>64093001
You wish
>>
>>64093237

You are fucking kidding. The issue people overwhelmingly have is that it borrows too much from ANH. Most people aren't autistic
>>
>>64092967
How lucky was he that Linda Hamilton was so fucking great as badass Sarah after being a pretty standard character in the first Terminator? Or that she had a twin sister perfect for that final scene?

I need to watch True Lies I hope it delivers.
>>
Yep. Based Cameron is based
>>64093237
Blah blah blah /pol/ meme is over
>>
>>64093285
>lucky

Based Jim calculated everything
>>
>>64092967
Take Ripley... a strong willed, capable character who happens to be female, and who in the 2nd movie shows plenty fear, plenty doubt, yet manages to pull through and embraces a motherly role for a child who's lost her family, while she herself had lost her own daughter. It's a nice touch. The movie shows respect to actual women and the strength that a good mother can have, rather than the superficial spoiled feminist crap that has nothing to do with a woman's strength we see so much of today.
>>
>>64092967

Imperator Furiousa was a damn good example of a strong, independent woman who still had flaws and weaknesses.
>>
>>64094113
She was also fighting another mother, the xeno queen herself.
Definitely something freudian going on there.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.