[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why is this hated?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: latest-2.jpg (2 MB, 1458x2160) Image search: [Google]
latest-2.jpg
2 MB, 1458x2160
So why is this hated?
>>
>>64090768
because it's shit
>>
Some people think it doesn't live up to the hype, post about it on reddit, get downboated, then come here to whine
>>
Because it was a decent movie and /tv/ hates anything decent of better.
>>
>>64090768
because it's popular
it's like wearing Slipknot t-shirt to school
>>
>>64090768
It's bland and mediocre but gets praised as really good and on level with the 3 original star wars movies
>>
If you know its hated then why don't you fucking read why they hate it you cancerous tourist
>>
>>64090768
Christ lurk for 10 minutes, there's been so many problems pointed out that I forget some if them when discussing the niche with people.
>>
>>64090835
Slipknot is still popular? I'm 10 years removed from high school.
>>
Mary Sue and retarded inbred /pol/ bigots
>>
>>64090768
It's really a bad movie, the problem is that it's a manufactured film for normies to enjoy, hence the high reviews. The very same normies that made fun of you for liking star wars when you were young.
>>
>>64090768
Because it's fucking Marvel capeshit with a Star Wars paint job
>>
>>64090876
no
>>
File: 1426545964302.png (10 KB, 240x154) Image search: [Google]
1426545964302.png
10 KB, 240x154
@64090768
@64090800
@64090801
@64090832
@64090835
@64090854
@64090866
@64090872
@64090876
sure reddit has arrived
>>
>>64090768
Because people think Star Wars is supposed to be like Dragonball Z with powerlevels and not a space fairy tale for children of all ages
>>
File: 1279760668100.jpg (38 KB, 376x400) Image search: [Google]
1279760668100.jpg
38 KB, 376x400
LURKE MOAR NIGGER
>>
>ok guys what shall the climax of the movie be?
>death star
>I'm pretty sure that's already been done, twice
>death planet
>genius
>>
>>64090768
Contrarianism
>>
>>64090768

It's popular.
>>
>>64091039
But since the vast majority of /tv/ agrees that it's bad, isn't defending it the contratian opinion?
>>
Its popular that's why
>>
>>64090768
Better than the precuels
>>
>>64091094
It isn't just /tv/
That guys just a neckbear that only posts on /co/, /tv/ and reddit most likely
>>
>>64091039
>>64091069
>>64091108
one and the same, this faggot is
>>
>>64090876
No. If you were to wear anything metal related to high school you would be a faggot. I'm five years removed. It was the same five years before then, too, though, so maybe just a different area.
>>
>>64091146
>So new he can't check for different posters
Asshurt redditors need to leave
>>
>>64090768
million reasons million people already stated in million threads on million websiets.

it makes no sense the potato adors vader, luke definitely told him he was actually a good guy and even beacme a force ghost. they fucking burnt his corpse because he was a good guy, everyone knew it at this point.

he has absolutely no motivations and reasons to join the dark side so far and it's doubtful this will change. meanwhile anakin had great reasons to join the dark side.

it makes no sense rey is suddenly this good. 30 minutes earlier ren easily wrecked her. then he can't beat her anymore and she goes from not knowing what the force is to as strong as Luke in VI.

it's makes no sense how deformed vader's helmet is. wood fire doesn't do this.

it's retarded ren freezes plasma shots. they are supposed to be deflected with the sword, this was lucas'v ision. if jedi can easily freeze them, there is no reason for not just using regular bullets which are faster and more deadly anyway. now the only reason would be "but plasma looks cooler" which of course is a terrible reason for from a world building perspective.

killing off the only charismatic actor.

nostalgia pandering.

all new actors look like potatoes and are literally physically retarded. girl has this alcohol syndrome thingy, guy looks like a potato, black guy looks ugly. old actors are the only reedeming factors but look like they are straight outta rehab. green screen and dreamworks cgi everywhere.

that spic guy was terrible and acted awkwardly gay. absolutely unnatural and over the top. the hug was retarded but then making compliments on top of that for 20 minutes was just terrible writing.

ren felt han solo just landed on the planet but doesn't feel his aura when he's right behind him sneaking around.

his death was terribly directed and written. literally all main characters show up right in time when han solo is about to face ren, made his death too predictable.

and a lot more.
>>
>>64091341
Hy reddit!
Bye reddit!
>>
>>64091377
So, criticising a literal Jew movie is "Reddit", now?
>>
>>64091440
tl'dr reddit!
>>
File: 1434405570176.png (490 KB, 720x612) Image search: [Google]
1434405570176.png
490 KB, 720x612
>>64090768
Because there too many uneducated plebs complaining about an awesome film.
>>
>>64090911

Dude, what the fuck, go back to /r9k/

I first watched the OT when I was 6 ot 7 because my dad bought me an OT pack in VHS for xmas. When I first saw that thing with a green alien on the cover I remember I thought "wow what a shitty present". Then I watched them over and over, 'cause I loved them.

When Episode I came while I was 9 I believe I remember every kid in my class was talking about Star Wars and loved it. Then for Episode II sth like 10 of us went to the cinema together to see it.

How the fuck is that "not a normie" thing.
>>
File: Star Wars.jpg (788 KB, 1600x914) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars.jpg
788 KB, 1600x914
>>64090768

I cannot believe people are going bonkers over this movie like it’s a revival of the fallen Star Wars franchise. It’s a brainless muh actionfest that never slows down long enough to create a decent story, or character development, or a feeling of suspense or intrigue; it’s just non-stop bullshit that jumps from one thing to the next with the occasional desperate fan service tossed in. It poorly copies IV and is a lifeless, uninspired husk of a movie. Disney has basically admitted that Star Wars is one giant cash-grab that they are going to run into the ground. They tossed Lucas' ideas for eps 7-9, and tossed out the Extended Universe to make their own overly bloated and convoluted one which they'll be whoring out with new spinoff movies every year in a Marvel-esque manner without having done research on the original eps. The movie is completely void of any originality or feeling of life, as it barrels from one dull over-done action scene to the next, with none of them even lasting long enough to feel satisfied and no build-up to give them weight or significance. They barely let the characters get a sentence in before it’s onto the next BIG ACTION SEQUENCE that then ends too soon in favor of moving onto the next meaningless one. The movie appears made for the A.D.D. retarded movie-goers and is indicative of everything wrong with JJ Abrams' filmmaking and Disney's thoughtless approach to the franchise. I literally hate it so much that it actually makes me like the fucking prequels more, which at least had okay stories and intriguing ideas hidden behind their shitty dialogue and Hayden Christensen's repulsive acting. This movie is nothing but shitty fan fiction that got a huge budget, and is the absolute death of the Star Wars franchise for me. Fuck this overblown, overrated, overhyped A.D.D. shitfest. You are literally fucking retarded if you think it’s good.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.