[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why don't the Sith cultivate squadrons of force-sensitive
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2
File: 1336968436358.jpg (507 KB, 1280x1764) Image search: [Google]
1336968436358.jpg
507 KB, 1280x1764
So why don't the Sith cultivate squadrons of force-sensitive younglings to do their bidding?

I'm aware of the 'there can only be one sith lord and his padawan' thing, but why not at least keep the padawan rejects. Cultivate their force abilities just enough to make them elite Storm Troopers. Super good blaster reflexes, immune to jedi mind trick. Why not
>>
>>64088808

Dark Side, brah
>>
More potential threats to undermine the hierarchy and authority of the Sith

They know what the Dark Side entails and don't want any more people to have to keep an eye on

Sidious wanted the biggest Chad Jedi to be his right hand man and do the bidding and him alone
>>
>>64088808

They did.

That's why there is the rule of 2
>>
>>64088924
>>64088891

there are multiple Knights of Ren though, wouldn't that imply Kylo isn't the only dark-side trainee?
>>
Dark Jedi work with the sith, you go to a sith academy in KOTOR. I guess that's not cannon anymore.
>>
>>64088949

How the fuck would I know?
>>
>>64088808
It's hard enough to protect yourself from one ambitious, evil douchebag let alone a horde of them
>>
im hoping those silver storm troopers end up being force sensitive or something badass
>>
>>64088949

Mickey Mouse House fanfic isn't canon
>>
>>64088808
Well, Vader had some Dark Jedi under his command : the Inquisitors
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inquisitorius
>>
>>64088949
We know absolutely NOTHING about the Knights of Ren/
>>
>>64088808

In canon the Empire trained inquisitors who were dark side users but not officially part of the Sith order. Also in the EU they used light side users called Imperial Knights, which I think is a cool idea.
>>
>>64089524
>Appearances
>All EU shit
>>
>>64088808
They do in Rebels.
>>
>>64088808

They did, then endured getting their shit pushed in by the Jedi for millennia because of the constant infighting.

Hence the Rule of Two
>>
Rule of two is so fucking stupid

What if the sith master dies before teaching stuff to the apprentice?

What if both sith are on the same ship and it gets blown up? Boom, all sith and their order are extinct
>>
>>64089928

the Dark Side doesn't disappear

eventually another falls into it
>>
>>64088949
>Sith
>dark side practitioners
>Knights of Ren

These 3 are not mutually exclusive
>>
>>64089601
Gotta need source on that?
>>
>>64089928

>What if the sith master dies before teaching stuff to the apprentice?

The the apprentice become the master

>What if both sith are on the same ship and it gets blown up? Boom, all sith and their order are extinct

A new Sith rises to power. The dark side exists regardless of the number of existing Sith and the holocrons are still available.
>>
>>64089972

see

>>64089524

and

>>64089573
>>
>>64090101
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Inquisitorius
Holy shit. Thank you good sir. *tips fedora*
>>
why didnt they have drones guard rey?

why do they use humans as janitors?
>>
>>64088808
Old lore said they started the rule of two so the two would have the total culmination of the force they could have access to. Its the reason why Sheev was able to cloud the Jedi for as long as he did.

New canon, who knows. Pretty sure the above still stands.
>>
>>64090037
What the shit is a holocron
>>
>>64089582
It's official cannon brah
>>
so did the new republic have a strong hold on the galaxy? did the first order?

or was it a patchwork quilt of allies and civil wars?
>>
>>64088808
In the EU there were times where the Sith were a larger organization, but it always fell apart because Sith inherently seek power over one another.

You couldn't go two seconds without someone trying to kill the "king" of the Sith to take their place, so they just kinda fell apart.
>>
>>64093392
so did the new republic have a strong hold on the galaxy?

lol, no

did the first order?

kind of, but not entirely

even at the empire's height, there were independent factions like Hut Space

>or was it a patchwork quilt of allies and civil wars?

Yes.. There's other empires, alliances and feifdoms offscreen.
>>
>>64090037
But that makes the whole prequel trilogy pointless because Anakin can never "bring balance to the force" and "destroy the Sith" then.
>>
>>64093392
New Republic is the new galactic government ruling the core worlds.
First order is what is left of the empire, fringe regions that the republic was not interested in liberating.
Resistance is new republic funded rebellion whose purpose is keeping first order in check without breaking the peace treaty and going into direct war with them.

I honestly dont understand how the fuck can people be confused by TFA's political situation.
>>
>>64093850
he did bring balance

by wiping out most of the lightside

obi wan/ yoda
sheev/vader

see balance
>>
>>64094175
this bothered me too
how the fuck is wiping out the sith a balance
jedi are fucking assholes, calling their dominance a 'balance'
>>
>>64094226
Because the Sith do stuff like killing children, blowing up planets, and blocking trade routes.
Obi Wan may have killed Darth Maul but he attacked them. Same with Anakin in episode 3, Anakin attacked first.
What did the jedi do that makes them such assholes?
>>
>>64094466
I am just challenging their wording. Balance implies there are two sides balancing each other, but jedi are trying to achieve complete dominance of the light side.

All i am saying is that they shouldnt use term balance.

t. autism
>>
>>64088808
They do, they are called inquisitors and are canon.

They also try to collect force sensitive babies and turn them into dark force users from a young age.
>>
>>64094466

Committing treason.
>>
>>64092604
Any that isn't the OT isn't canon.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 320x210) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 320x210
http://www.mediaite.com/online/kurt-russell-im-a-hardcore-libertarian-not-a-faux-bill-maher-libertarian/

Kurt Russel is a hardcore libertarian

Dropped hard as fuck
>>
>>64089582
Rebels are canon m9
>>
>>64094466
>What did the jedi do that makes them such assholes?

They trained Anakin and made me endure 3 movies of his whiny bullshit.

Fuck those guys.
>>
>>64094542
The Jedi use the force naturally, while the Sith go out of their way to do other shit with it.
And, as far as PT is concerned, the Sith had more control than the Jedi. From a certain perspective, the Jedi were pushing for true balance, its just that the Sith (Palpatine and Plageus mostly) threw it out of whack trying to achieve immortality
>>
>>64092601

A small crystalline data storage unit crafted by Jedi Masters and Sith Lords, serving as a combination of memoir and teaching aid, preserving that Force user's experiences and knowledge in perpetuity. The construction of a holocron, along with the successful training of a padawan learner, was considered one of the tests of Masterhood in the old Jedi Order.
>>
>>64093995
>I honestly dont understand how the fuck can people be confused by TFA's political situation.

they didnt address it very well
>>
>>64088949
only one has a lightsaber and even still Kylo is the leader so it's not necessary for the people subservient to him all be force users
>>
>>64094835
Well they made it pretty clear that new republic and first order are not in direct war and that resistance is getting covert support from the republic.

pretty straightforward tbqh
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.