[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the style of classic simpsons episodes so much more charming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Why is the style of classic simpsons episodes so much more charming than any other animated television show? Obviously the writing was great but no other show can make me laugh with just a still image like the simpsons can

also, classic simpsons thread
>>
it was hand drawn and inconsistent
>>
File: maggie bears2.png (627 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
maggie bears2.png
627 KB, 1440x900
>>
>>64088736
The colour's opaque rendes, the irregular hand drawn outlines and general asymmetry is perceived as being more "real" by your brain.
This is true for any old cartoon/anime.
>>
>>64088913
>>64089121
are there any animation studios still doing hand drawn shit
>>
>>64089165
i wish. i might be employed
>>
>>64088913
>>64089121
No, it was hand draw and had personality. Characters actually were expressive.
>>
>>64089192
>>64089165

So do I.
>>
>>64089165
I still do some during P.E. class (my doctor said I can't run much, so I don't actually do sports), and post them on my YouTube channel. They're about a slightly overwheight kid who's bullied sometimes at school, but is secretly a super hero (my mom says he looks like me, but I don't see the resemblance). It's all secret, though, because I'm kinda afraid of critiscism, so if you're interested and promise not to be mean, I can e-mail you my account and password.
>>
>>64089224
You know shit. Bart is floating mid-air, Homer head is as big as his body, and his legs and eyes are assymmetrical as Lisa's collar
Errors make them more real, not bullshit rationalizations
>>
>>64089371
Homers eyes are asymmetrical on purpose. They used to do that shit all the time to convey his vapidness. As for the rest, you are a moron.
>>
File: 1284738994184.jpg (25 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
1284738994184.jpg
25 KB, 500x381
I know what you mean, OP
Just look at this picture. It's a picture of a bird grooming the hair (singular) of a bald man as he stares ahead with a smile on his face. Nothing about it makes sense, yet it's one of the funniest things I've ever seen. And that's the beauty of it.
>>
>>64089437
And you are someone that never worked in the animation industry
>>
>>64089549
And you have never had fun outside of playing with blocks and fapping to chinese cartoons.
>>
>>64089655
And you have never had fun outside of playing with blocks and fapping to chinese cartoons.

Uh... it sounds like he's doing pretty well for himself then?
>>
>>64089655
TONs of paper blocks and pencils, and I fapped to most of my drawings, yes.
Maybe you'll find a job someday, if you are lucky doing something you love. In my case, I love drawing and fapping.
And maybe, in a far future if this place holds, you'll enter a thread and call out retarded kids that thinks they know a lot.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.