[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a better example why you should NEVER be a cop than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: MAM_Vertical_Keyart_US.0.jpg (786 KB, 1500x2313) Image search: [Google]
MAM_Vertical_Keyart_US.0.jpg
786 KB, 1500x2313
Is there a better example why you should NEVER be a cop than this documentary?

>pressured into closing cases is your career
>dont have DNA technology in the 80's
>sometimes a case you close is incorrect and you put the wrong man away
>out of thousands of rightful criminals you put away, the 1 wrong one ruins your entire reputation and career
>get sued for millions of dollars

Anybody else feel bad for the fucking cops here?
>>
>be trusted to be the keepers of the peace
>be given almost complete free reign over society, to the point where your fuck ups and mistakes are never punished
>able to legally kill if necessary
>asspained when impropriety gets found out and you cost someone 18 years of their life and they sue

Great power and all that. Happy with the responsibility when it's going their way and they are in charge, whine about it when they overstep and get in trouble
>>
>>64086402
the bitch wasn't even raped, the entire thing was a lie, a man lost 18 years of his life over some bitch's lie

should be mad at women and the police in general
>>
>>64086509
I guess they should let all criminals go free unless they confess to be guilty. No other way to avoid getting sued.
>>
>>64086402
If you came away from this feeling bad for the fucking cops, jump off a bridge
>>
>>64086600
Or they could just, I don't know, do their jobs with a certain degree of competency like everyone else.
>>
>>64086600

They should treat suspects as suspects until they are proven to be guilty.

They don't decide if someone is a criminal.
>>
>>64086600
idiot
>>
>>64086905

>being an alaskan fisherman is a hard job

>so it's okay if they kill people every now and then to let off steam
>>
File: 1434836205074.png (115 KB, 357x345) Image search: [Google]
1434836205074.png
115 KB, 357x345
>>64087075
Wut? You fucking retard.
>>
>>64087075
What the fuck are you on about
>>
>Manipulating a confession from a mentally retarded teenager who thinks he'll be allowed home to watch Wrestlemania if he just does what he's told

How do those DAs live with themselves
>>
File: 1436166059790.jpg (64 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1436166059790.jpg
64 KB, 500x500
>>64087490
>the head?
>the head?
>the head?
>okay fuck it, who SHOT HER IN THE HEAD?
>>
>>64086402
Anyone who chooses to be a cop and gets fucked up by it, deserves it.
They took up the responsibility and no one made them do it , so no, no one feels bad for cops except cops.
>>
File: barney fife.jpg (26 KB, 286x385) Image search: [Google]
barney fife.jpg
26 KB, 286x385
>>64086402
For everyone documentary case like this, I can find one of them doing the job correctly and putting away some seriously dangerous mother fuckers.
It was different back in the 70s and 80s
>early stages od DNA and fiber profiling
>much like today, the public don't know the full extent of how it works. they take it at face value and think you just toss hair into a computer and it gives you your person
>at the time crime rates in the US were at an all time high, people wanted immediate justice
Things are somewhat better now, we have better technology and can learn from past mistakes. Im not saying all cops are saints either, some are dicks, but if you can keep a cool head under punlci pressure and do your job correctly, imagine how good it must feel to take somebody like an Albert Fish off the streets. Its like slaying a fucking monster from a childrens book
>>
>>64086402
no one pressures them to do anything, and if they do they need to tell the to fuck off while they sort out all evidence and shit.Learning to keep a cool head and be patient is part of the job description. I don't even have a problem with cops like most edge lords do but this is a pretty cut and dry example of them fucking up
>>
File: 8nLFCVP.png (51 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
8nLFCVP.png
51 KB, 657x527
>>64087815
they all got away with it too. never try to sue the state for 36 mil, i learned that much
>>
Reminder that America has the largest prison population in the world and nothing will be done about it because of minimum sentencing laws and minimum population policies at for-profit prisons.
>>
>>64090527
>I broke the law, went to jail and the government used it to make money instead of letting me sit on my ass on the tax payers dime a bloo bloo bloo
literally nobody gives a shit. don't break the law and you don't go to jail. millions of people do this everyday and are living happily
>>
File: 1443923174918.png (21 KB, 592x533) Image search: [Google]
1443923174918.png
21 KB, 592x533
>>64092165
It does all of society a disservice when you have an enormous underclass of people who are processed through a system that keeps them from re-integrating into the population at large and ever becoming a productive citizens. Especially when the asinine counter-productive laws are mostly on the books for the sake of political rhetoric like being "TOUGH ON CRIME".

Just my two cents.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.