[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think about Making a Murderer? Personally I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4
File: MAM_Vertical_Keyart_US.0.jpg (786 KB, 1500x2313) Image search: [Google]
MAM_Vertical_Keyart_US.0.jpg
786 KB, 1500x2313
What did you think about Making a Murderer? Personally I thought it was a bit biased but none the less very interesting.The ending really surprised me especially since Avery's attorneys were destroying the prosecution's case and exposing how fucked up the investigation was.
>>
This looks like a good show, can I watch this on Netflix?
>>
>>64070314
No but Hulu Plus has it
>>
>>64070314
It's also on YouTube.
>>
i just watched it on Netflix you stupid motherfucker
>>
A top-tier true crime story. Steven may have done it, but there was gross misconduct on the part of the investigators and the prosecution that at the least merits a mistrial. The tard kid was definitely innocent though
>>
>>64070178
The entire crime didn't even fit Steven's previous criminal past, the entire series just leaves you feeling wtf especially if this level of corruption can occur at such a small town level. Starts to show just being accused of a crime is now a guilty verdict as if everyone forget due process in this country.
>>
>>64072665
I felt sorry for that retard. Poor kid was to stupid to even comprehend that he fucked himself over when he got manipulated by the police. He literally thought he was going to be able to walk out and go back to school once he already said that he raped the woman.
>>
He was the killer both times cops never do anything wrong
>>
meh i think he killed her.
>>
>>64073092
I thought the really interesting part though was the misconduct of the police and the prosecution. I agree that the most likely scenario is that Steven actually killed her and they manipulated the scene and the evidence to make him seem more obviously guilty, but holy fuck what a corrupt group of law enforcement officals
>>
>>64073511
Dubs speak the truth. I think Steven did it but holy fuck the police in that county where corrupt. Also the prosecution was shit and the defense showed reasonable doubt but fuck it.
>>
>>64073511
>>64073540
True , for a moment there I thought they were gonna call a mistrial , the whole case was build upon the nephew confession (confession that was clearly manipulated by the officers) . I think that the one that dropped the ball here was the first appointed lawyer of the kid he should've never let that interrogation happen, or at least he should've been there for the kid.
>>
Wanna talk about corrupt/inept police handling cases?
Go read up on the West Memphis 3.
>>
I live in Wisconsin and remember the local morning news had Avery on after he was released from jail and they were giving him this beauty make-over on camera, it was fucking weird considering Avery fucking mutilated animals and committed crimes and had a record, but these women on tv who probably didnt know that were pampering him on morning tv with a makeover as some kind of bullshit apology to him.

fucking kek
>>
File: 1448697532058.png (121 KB, 335x335) Image search: [Google]
1448697532058.png
121 KB, 335x335
>>64074078
Everything about it was completely fucked.

>Just happens to line up with the Avery lawsuit
>literally no one else even suspected
>illegal searches
>god told the lady where to find the car
>Colborn calling about the rav4 days before it is found
>the entire timeline created from a coerced confession by a cognitively limited child
>inconsistencies between story and actual evidence that remains were moved, corpse was transported in the back of the car
>Lenk and Colborn being involved in case despite conflict of interest and saying they werent involved
>Lenk and Colborn happen to find the bullet and keys in places that had been searched prior with no results
>Lenk inconsistent testimony
>no blood/dna evidence of where murder/ rape were claimed to have happened vs dna in car
>unscientific testing and using invalid results as evidence
>jury members that were related to the Sheriffs office, clear conflict of interest
>adding new jury member
>>
>>64074499
Nice dubs, yeah everything you point out is everything that bothered me.. Also the fact that they found the keys of the rav4, but no fingerprints of either the girl or any of the Averys, just "dna" ... Also how come Colborn was running the license plates of the rav4 way before the body or the car was found.. That shit was sketchy af. I'm not saying they didn't do it, but damn there's plenty of reasonable doubt...
>>
>>64074499
>They were smart enough to burn the body
but
>They didn't try to dispose of the car by burning it nor destroying it
also
>No traces of blood of the victim in either clothes or the trailer
>>
>>64075128
This post makes absolutely no sense. Are you for or against Avery?
>>
Why does nobody ever mention the evidence pack that was cut open and the pinhole in the top of the vial of blood?

That alone should've killed any chance of a guilty verdict. It should've been a mistrial.
>>
>>64070178
I'm glad the nephew is too retarded to know how bad he got fucked. Still not sure about Avery, but I have serious doubts. Going in blind I thought it was great. Made me feel again.
>>
>>64075178

I haven't seen this but I can tell you that he's saying that we're to assume that these guys were smart enough to burn the body, but somehow didn't think to get rid of the vehicle, and at the same time there somehow wasn't any blood on the clothes or in their trailer. Meaning, it doesn't add up.
>>
>>64075268
They did present it but it kinda "backfired" when the fbi used an unusual method to check if the blood had a chemical to preserve it (like the one in the vial). The whole thing was treated terribly by the prosecution. The defense was solid, but they were swimming upstream
>>
>>64075268
They claimed it didn't matter since that EDA or whatever it was called wasn't present, but the defense had a great rebuttal for that. Maybe it was the way the documentary framed the film, but it seemed like the defense just knocked down anything the prosecution brought up.

I just finished and I'm so upset about so much.

>Avery/Brendan locked up
>Lenk/Corrupt cop still walking the streets

And I fucking HATE the lead prosecutor, Kratz.
>>
I don't see any reason why he'd kill her. He could have but known of the evidence was solid enough to say he killed her.

>>64075268
THIS

HOW THE FUCK DOES THAT NOT SHOW RED FLAGS? WHO GIVES A FUCK IF THEY SAY "HUURRR IT WASN'T PLANTED" WELL WHAT TJE FUCK IS THERE A VIAL OF HIS BLOOD WITH A HOLE ON THE TOP
>>
her brother did it, creepy fuck
>>
>>64075418
Good thing Kratz is out now but seriously, fuck that guy
>>
I was teary eyed with rage watching this.
>>
Lenk did it
>>
More than anything, just shows how fucked the idea of a jury is. The majority of this country is not that bright, and super emotional aka women. Avery never stood a chance, because his case required critical thinking and non emotional reasoning.
>>
This show basically showed that it's no longer "Innocent until proven guilty" its now "Guilty until proven Innocent"
>>
His lawyers were fucking awesome and exposed the bullshit and they still couldn't win.
>>
>>64075524
Unfortunately true. Beware, Beware, God Sees.
>>
>>64070178
My guess is there were two option to tackle the trial a) he pleaded not guilty and he take his chances with the jury. or b) he pleaded guilty and pin the whole thing on the city that the 18 years he spend in jail fucked him up for good. If I was facing murder 1, I would also pick option A
>>
>>64075557
They were going against crooked lawyers and shit. If it were anywhere else they'd probably would have won
>>
>>64075557
>>64075601
this
>>
>>64075557
Nah. I said it in an earlier thread and I'm still unmoved. If anybody did do it, most likely it was Avery. His own lawyers never came out and said,
"This man is innocent!" the closest that happened for was Strang getting sad over Brendan's case. Sadly not enough to help him though.
>>
the only thing that makes me doubt Avery is that Halbach went to the avery place and talked to avery.maybe is not that farfecthed that someone was looking at all of the customers that came that day and killed her. The brothers probably were also with the killer because of the erased messaages
>>
>>64075736
Nah the ex boyfriend and the brother were sketchy as fuck too. It was the duty of the police department and the prosecution to strike down everybody. The movie has a bias, undoubtedly , but you can't just say if somebody did it , it was Avery. That's the point of the documentary and the point the lawyer were trying to make. Innocent or not, the facts are there's reasonable doubt if you pile the actual lack of evidence against him vs the evidence against the police department..
>>
36 million dollarinos
>>
I feel worse for Brendan than for Steven for some reason, they both got completely fucked over, but there's something incredibly infuriating and sad in seeing mentally challenged person being manipulated, poor kid had no idea what he was doing
>>
Shit like this has been happening to black men for years, where are their documentaries?
>>
>>64077059

He literally thought that if he just told the police what they wanted they would let him go home and watch Wrestlemania
>>
>>64077079
No one cares because black men have barely learned the meaning of "civilization" from better men. (White men.)
>>
>>64077079
>>
>>64075736
>If anybody did it, it was most likely (steven) avery

Why?
>>
File: aliums.png (1 MB, 1334x735) Image search: [Google]
aliums.png
1 MB, 1334x735
>>64075736
>mfw it was definitely aliens

Wake up sheeple.
>>
There are people who actually thought that he did it? I mean the guy was stupid but he had every reason in the world not to kill someone. One thing that is entirely unclear is what was his motive? The only thing they can come up with his his past from over twenty years ago in which he hasn't done any crime since.
>>
>>64077305
Only after several 200+ threads with an absolute consensus that he was innocent. These are either johnny come lately shitposters or web 1.0 shilling by some people from avery's hometown.
>>
>>64077305

Motive doesn't matter, least of all in a criminal investigation. People do all kinds of dumb shit for irrational reasons.
>>
>>64077344
>motive doesn't matter
wew lad
>>
>>64077305
>what was his motive?
Eh, prison can fuck you up, he might've thought that there's no way they can convince him again, maybe it was his way of getting back at the system. That said, even is he DID do it, he shouldn't' have gotten convicted, there's enough conflicting reports and signs of tampering/planting of evidence for reasonable doubt
>>
>>64077363

that's like the first thing you learn studying Law
>>
>>64077407
>prison will torture a man's mind D: D:

This is the pop-psychology excuse for a prosecution with no evidence.

His way of getting revenge on the system was a 36 million dollar law suit.
>>
Eddie Izzard?
>>
>>64077453
Wow no wonder our system is in the shitter.

Forget reason and plausibility.
>>
>>64077474

i hope you're never a juror
>>
>>64077517
Why? Because i think motive matters? Or that you need evidence to convict somebody?
>>
>>64077474
Motive is more an element in proving a criminal case against a defendant. It's not a necessary element, though.
>>
>>64077546
Obviously evidence against somebody that is indisputable trumps a lack of motive, but that's a far cry from "motive does NOT matter under any circumstances, this is the first thing they teach you in law school."
>>
I just finished the first episode and now read he was convicted for killing some woman 2 years after getting out. Did he actually kill her or is it more bullshit from the American justice system?
>>
>>64077537
Motive doesn't matter, whether you broke the law or not does. Once you get into motives you risk justifying crimes on emotional reasoning and not logical ones.
>>
>>64077575
More bullshit. Just watch the show.
>>
>>64077575

that's what episodes 2-10 are about champ
>>
>>64077568
He probably means that it's not a required element to convict someone.
>>
>>64077594
>exploring motive risks justifying crimes

Holy fucking kek , under what circumstances would justify a crime, emotionally or logically?

I do not understand your reasoning. Virtually every murder is done with motive. Random acts of violence by incoherently psychotic people are an extreme minority of violent crimes. Just because you can demonstrate that a criminal had the motive to commit a crime does not mean you are justifying their actions in any legally meaningful way.
>>
>>64077632
Maybe he did, but that would seem inappropriate because we were talking about the fact that Steven avery lacked motive, which is a side-conversation to the lack of unimpeachable evidence again. (unimpeachable is the operative word for anybody who is considering a shitpost)
>>
Avery's lawyers actually made me want to become a lawyer.
>>
>>64077715
I'm in law school. If you do your research and try to minimize your debt, it can be a good decision. Also, do the best you can on exams. Class rank is really, really important re: finding a job.
>>
>>64077715

Watch 'Murder On A Sunday Morning' if you enjoy seeing badass lawyers eviscerate shithead cops. It's on youtube.
>>
Finished second episode and seems like he probably killed her.
>>
What about her ex-boyfriend who wasn't treated as a suspect and magically hacked into her cellphone records to delete voicemails from the time of the murder?

This shit was fucked from every angle. No blood, no body. No DNA from Brendan.Teresa's DNA wasn't even on her own fucking car keys? Fuck the Forensic lady and the FBI guy too. The detectives who fabricated that confession shouldn't be able to sleep at night.
>>
>>64070178

When your bitch is in jail sometimes you just gots to have it.
>>
>>64075455
Her brother, her ex, her roommate, Bobby Dassey or Steve's brother-in-law.

Fuck. Steve is the least guilty of the aforementioned people.
>>
>>64077715
Me, too, breh. But I am 27. The dream is dead.
>>
Makes me wonder if those Anonymous fucks would ever get involved. I would love to see Lenk, Fassbender, Weigert and Jenkins go down.

I mean, how fucking high up did the corruption run? All the way to the state?
>>
>>64074393
they are guilty as shit
>>
What I don't understand is, why didn't the defense have an independent source analyze the blood for ETA? Are we supposed to believe the FBI genuinely analyzed the sample and did not find the preservative?
>>
>>64079527
its never dead
>>
>>64079796
I'm not sure the defense thought it would be an issue brought in court. It was supposed to take 4-6 months then the FBI magically got it done in 2-4 weeks.

It's crazy how Steven's lawyers can poke endless holes in the investigation yet the jury is till like erm well um dem cops are the good guys and my TV said Avery did it so he's guilty. Her brother was the embodiment of this attitude, you can see he is less and less sure throughout the trial especially after Brendan and his cousin's testimony.
>>
>>64080068
I don't know if you or anyone else noticed, but whenever the camera was on her family, the guy whom I assume to be her brother, the guy that never spoke to the media, he always had a look on his face like he had doubt Steven did it.
>>
crushin on Brendan's post-trial attorney in ep 10

>tfw no qt midwestern lawyer gf
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.