[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this scene is clearly one of the most iconic scenes in movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: pulp-fiction-dance_612[1].jpg (138 KB, 612x370) Image search: [Google]
pulp-fiction-dance_612[1].jpg
138 KB, 612x370
this scene is clearly one of the most iconic scenes in movie history.

even watching it now years later, i still can't pinpoint exactly what makes it so great, and yet i have the distinct feeling that this scene is probably the pinnacle of expert film making.

for those of you who love pulp fiction, what makes this scene so special to you?

some people say it is "underlying sexual tension" but i don't see it that way.
>>
>>64066687
>what makes this scene so special to you?
It's fun
>>
uno farto
>>
for me its knowing tarantino is dancing just outside the camera's glance
>>
Uma has weak feet game honestly
>>
The diner scene is better
>>
I have the same questions. I seriously hate watching people dance; for the most part, I think it's dull. Yet, this scene is fascinating.

I don't see it as a sexual tension thing, either. It's something else. Don't know what, though.
>>
>Its the best scene ever guys!

>Im not sure what makes it the best though!
>>
I remember Travolta talking about the milkshake the most.

"I gotta know what a five dollar milkshake tastes like."
>>
I recently rewatched PF for the first time in years and am not sure if I ever fully realized that for the entire date arc he's doing heroin while she's doing coke.
>>
>>64066765
Drugs.

You got a coke addict and a heroin addict both in a dance off competition. Also, "I want that trophy." You can tell that if Vega wasn't charged with babysitting her...he wouldn't be the kind of person to just get up on a stage and dance.

I believe the tension comes from Vega just wanting to do his job and deliver her safely home...but she's coked up and a wildcard. There's a lot going on in this scene.
>>
>>64066789
for real, its that, royale with cheese, bad mother fucker or SAY WHAT AGAIN I DARE YOU I DOUBLE DARE YOU MOTHERFUCKER SAY WHAT ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME

the dancing shit was dumb and weird
>>
>>64066785
fine.

the scene is extremely simplistic in its formula and almost mundane in that all it shows is a very silly looking dance.

two people dancing, a song, camera shifts back and forth between them.

but despite its simplicity, everything works together in such a synergistic manner that you can't help but lose yourself in the moment.

yes its john travolta and uma thurman; almost any other time you see a dance like this you would think "wow this is fucking lame/stupid i cant believe those guys are doing that with a straight face" but no, you aren't thinking that during this scene. you get lost in the moment and you are there in jack rabbit slims in the silent crowd watching "mrs. mia wallace" and "mr. vincent vega" doing a dance and it comes together sublimely.

thats why i think its an expertly crafted scene and iconic. truly tarantino was either at his prime or literally the luckiest director of all time when he formulated this scene (since his recent shit fucking sucks)
>>
Literally taken from

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykgIVAvYCwk

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1MKUJN7vUk
>>
>>64066687
Dance scene in Ex machina was better.

Not even the best scene from Pulp Fiction either.
>>
>>64066796
His high has kinda worn off by that point but he's still mellow and chilled out from it. I don't think he was a full blown addict just did it occasionally, are there heroin users like that ?
>>
>pulp fiction

Literally a meme movie
>>
When did you grow out of watching Tarantino movies /tv/, Me? I was 15.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.