[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How big a fucking pleb do you have to be to prefer another trench
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (535 KB, 1024x435) Image search: [Google]
image.png
535 KB, 1024x435
How big a fucking pleb do you have to be to prefer another trench run to this?
>>
Pitched battles seem like they'd be obsolete in an age with orbital cannons.
>>
we wanted an old school star wars movie
we got literally an old school star wars movie, famicom desu
>>
Hoth is the GOAT star wars battle
>>
with better CGI, not using CGI for every single clone trooper, models, and more practical effects and this battle would have been GOAT. like a lot of things in the prequels, this was a great idea, but it had poor execution.
>tfw we will never have a prequel series that was actually decent because somebody was willing to say no to george lucas
>>
BOBA!
GET ON BOARD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tMZdrUx8eM

Best scene or GOAT scene?
>>
it shows the plebiean and mindless nature of this board that most people prefer the original trilogy and episode 7 to the prequels.

Episodes 4-7 are a straightforward retelling of standard and familiar stories compromised by focus group mentality and editing done by cold businessmen.

The prequels are a transportation into the mind of one of the most innovative and creative geniuses ever to grace hollywood and backed by revolutionary special effects and top tier actors.
>>
The Plinkett drones will pour in soon and make some shit up about practical effects always being better. I don't know why people pretend to hate this scene
>>
>>64066845
>The prequels are a transportation into the mind of one of the most innovative and creative geniuses ever to grace hollywood and backed by revolutionary special effects and top tier actors.

You blew it. No one's going to fall for it if you try this hard.

Lurk more.
>>
>>64066907

nice arguments pal

all 3 of those things are generally accepted, people just dislike the sometimes clunky writing
>>
I like the cgi in the prequels it looks like a moving painting not the smokey lens flare shakey cam shit like JJ practical effects are boring
>>
>>64067155
Around the time Anakin starts going crazy, Yoda is now certain that something is really wrong. So when they find the clone army, set up by some dead jedi, he jumps at the opportunity to commandeer it for the Space-Democrats against this Libertarian Dracula boogeyman. While the other Jedi are uselessly flailing their lightsabers around, Yoda flies in on a motherfucking gunship, posing like a badass, saying "the cloak of the dark side has fallen. The clone war has begun" (or something). And in the end, even Yoda gets a little green lightsaber boner. He feels young, and strong! With his newfound clarity of purpose, Yoda effortlessly overpowers everyone, and Dooku only escapes through trickery.

Note that the cloak of the dark side has obviously not fallen. It's false clarity. While Libertarian Dracula is a bad person, Yoda doesn't realize that he is equally in service of capitalism the dark side. Episode 3 shows his gradual realization of what a failure he is, culminating in his slinking off into the swamp to live as a hermit.
>>
>t-the prequels are good I swear!!!!!!!!!!!! I loved the entirely CGI characters of the completely disposable clone toopers killing the completely disposable robots that either side could just build more of, such tension! y-you just copy RLM!
>>
>call it star wars
>take all the fucking wars out of it

and then you made the final weapon suck up the stars too

B.R.A.V.O.J.J.
>>
>>64067278
Yes there are cgi characters are people such autists they have no fucking imagination? You think JJ's stupid rubber puppets look real?
>>
>>64067283
"Star Skirmishes"
>>64067350
>b-but muh practical effects!
You fucking tell me those weird weevil bugs things in the new """""cantina""""" looked real at all. Practical effects are fucking stupid most of the time,
"Oh, let's put make up on an obvious human! That's totally an alien, right?? So much better than CGI!"
>>
>>64066484
I had blocked off from my mind that there was literally another trench run.

TFA is all the bad parts of modernity.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.