[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has a movie's hype ever disappeared so quick? Its been like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 17
File: SW-cover1.jpg (346 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SW-cover1.jpg
346 KB, 1920x1080
Has a movie's hype ever disappeared so quick? Its been like two days and all the magic is gone and I don't care about the film anymore. Consensus has formed about the Mary Sue and how its a remake as well.
>>
>>64066151
Disney is pretty much reshaping cinema into something entirely new and it is horrible.
>>
>>64066194
This baby fucking illuminati Disney bashing is so stupid

Its fucking movies

Get a hobby
>>
I still haven't seen it
>>
What hurt the film is the breakneck pacing and pretty much a shopping list of shit from OT they redid with a new coat of paint.

There's barely anything new to talk about and what little there is will be explained in the following movies so you're supposed to wait.
>>
>>64066224
They are re-inventing the medium into 'cinematic universes', and revolving them around hype, plot and cliffhangers.
>>
>>64066224
>Shut up goy just give me your fifteen shekels and watch it
>>
>>64066151
I just got back from seeing it, I knew all the spoilers and stuff.

The theater was packed, I mean FULL. The front row in the theater was full...and the place was rife with asshole couples wandering around looking for seats when the trailers were being shown.

I don't know that the hype is dead, I only saw it the one time, but it was good. Decent enough to see again. Has there been any reports on numbers?

Also OP is a faggot the movie has been out for a week.
>>
>>64066151
The magic might be gone for your contrarian ass, but believe it or not, 4chan, and more specifically, /tv/, hold views and opinions that the vast majority don't give a fuck about. Everyone is talking about the movie and a great majority of people love it. Get the fuck over it and accept that 4chan's opinions will never be in line with what the rest of the world thinks.

Incoming shill/reddit/cuck posters
>>
Hello Reddit
>>
>>64066456
wtf was it any good knowing all the spoilers before you actually saw it? surely that would ruin the experience?
>>
File: 1421791754989.gif (273 KB, 189x189) Image search: [Google]
1421791754989.gif
273 KB, 189x189
Everyone in my family I saw at christmas eve dinner who had scene it wasnt impressed, even my little nephews who i got into star wars.

Good job JJ
>>
>>64066537
ITT: lying on the Internet
>>
>>64066151
>meanwhile, in the real world, this movie is on record pace towards its first billion dollars
>>
>>64066500
>don't listen to 4chan
>follow the majority of people

Jesus could this be any more Reddit?
>>
File: peuHRfc.jpg (18 KB, 500x305) Image search: [Google]
peuHRfc.jpg
18 KB, 500x305
>Every thread on the main page of /tv/ has been nothing but Star Wars for 7 days
>Hype sure is dying quick guys!
>>
>>64066565
Im not lying. Older cousin only liked Ford's scenes, nephews liked Poe and Finn but thought everything else was cheesey and that Kylo was a little bitch
>>
>>64066536
caring about plot events is stupid, it's how they're presented visually in the process of the movie senpai
>>
>>64066537
>who had scene it
>scene it
>>
>>64066623
This, knowing the spoilers didn't really bother me. The only thing that annoyed me was the CGI characters, being Snoke and the bar owner lady.

Other than that it was solid as fuck.
>>
>>64066604
But Kylo was a little bitch. That was like, the point of his character.
>>
>>64066151
>Has a movie's hype ever disappeared so quick?
Episode 1
>>
>>64066151
hi /pol/

and it's been a week
>>
It's just a meme to pretend to hate TFA dumbass, few people actually do. Holy shit, what a bunch of newfags
>>
>>64066764
lol this
>>
Remember Batman vs. Superman? Hype gone in 2 minutes.
>>
File: The Goose Awakens.jpg (42 KB, 680x462) Image search: [Google]
The Goose Awakens.jpg
42 KB, 680x462
Here, I improved episode 7 by 100%
>>
>>64066810
This.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1001 KB, 1280x541) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1001 KB, 1280x541
>>64066151
Saw it twice so far

probably going to see it again in the theaters at some point.

no use being so upset of a movie, just admit you were wrong about the movie and move on to your next film that provides you will a false sense of persecution.
>>
File: 0hov.jpg (36 KB, 420x263) Image search: [Google]
0hov.jpg
36 KB, 420x263
>>64066151
>consensus has been formed
Stopped reading there, if you care about that you're a faggot and you should leave.
>>
>>64066328
What's the problem with this, exactly? Big movies should be about the narrative. Making an aesthetic art film doesn't require a gigantic budget and the weight of a studio behind it. You can still have good cinema and fun movies. It doesn't have to be one or the other. It's not like the mainstream movies becoming plot-driven hype machines is going to take away from art films at all.
>>
>>64066224
Heyo reddit
>>
File: computer_angered.jpg (15 KB, 379x288) Image search: [Google]
computer_angered.jpg
15 KB, 379x288
>>64066688
>play by play rehash of Ep IV
>nonstop ADHD videogame action
>more plot holes than prequels
>mary sue protatgonist

>"solid as fuck"
>>
>>64066931

Movies don't stand as well by themselves. It's not a big problem so far in the MCU but TFA fucking sucks as a stand alone movie.
>>
So, after 7 - 9 where are they going to go? Disney won't stop there and it's pretty obvious. Go on to 10 or do a pre-1? Do a KotOR?
>>
File: 1395196213724.jpg (292 KB, 1477x2067) Image search: [Google]
1395196213724.jpg
292 KB, 1477x2067
>>64066597
You'd think this shithole excuse of a forum would have a general by now right?
>>
>>64067131
Solid as fuck is pleb speak. Overcompensation for lack of real knowledge.
>>
>>64066194
The things you love are meaningless trash.
>>
>>64066224

My hobby is film. Where can I find some?
>>
File: Heavenly Pete.jpg (56 KB, 552x716) Image search: [Google]
Heavenly Pete.jpg
56 KB, 552x716
>>64067312
>wanting generals
>>
>>64067579
Kill me, Pete
:(
>>
File: grand_mouse_tarkin.jpg (32 KB, 285x235) Image search: [Google]
grand_mouse_tarkin.jpg
32 KB, 285x235
►Poo Digimon shoots the very Stormtrooper that elicits the brain wipe of FaggotNigger-Age:21-IQ:87
►Poo cracks jokes seconds after his spiritual mentor(?) is slain before him; seemingly more interested in a stationary laser bolt than the murder of his friend
►FaggotNigger-Age:21-IQ:87 stands within the site of crashed TIE Fighter, having just retrieved Poo’s jacket, as sand swallows the craft… and is instantly ‘teleported’ tens of meters away to safety
►Gey is a skilled parkourist, yet runs like an octopus does on land
►Fellow scavenger relinquishes seemingly valuable B8-Ball droid without as much as a 'WTF'
►Destitute scavenger, Gey won't give up a droid she just came across; even for orders of magnitude more than it's apparently worth
►"Junk" MF has been parked there for time immemorial, without anyone recognising it
►Clearly just "junk" in Gey‘s squinty eyes, she can fly the MF better than anyone
►Never having trained in gunnery, FaggotNigger-Age:21-IQ:87 is making Death Star trench run -like shots (…EA Aim Assist™?)
►Gey knows the MF's workings inside-out, despite not even recognising the ship as the MF
►Gey / FaggotNigger-Age:21-IQ:87 do not recognise Solo and co., despite knowing of all their feats (pre photography?)
►Racist vagina dentata balls eat everything... 'cept nigs
►Gey randomly bashes a CCTV console to save FaggotNigger-Age:21-IQ:87 (…the Farce?)
►Gey thought Luke etc are "myths", yet has Luke’s helmet, lives in an ep.V era AT-AT, has a Luke doll... (Alzheimer's?)
►After all their travails, our "her0", FaggotNigger-Age:21-IQ:87 has no interest in staying... until he sees Death Star: Bigger and More Bad-Ass™ blow its wad and he drags his knuckles back for an 'I told you so!'
►FaggotNigger-Age:21-IQ:87's one apparent 'skill' is using a blaster rifle… which he does not use it to arrest Gey's capture by Gaylord; only chimping out hysterically
>>
>>64067766
►Sub-Padawan, Gey blocks second-most powerful Dark Side Force user’s Force interrogation -- reversing it, mid-mind-fuck
►Gey 'learns' the Jedi mind trick with no previous exposure to it, on her third checkpoint continue
►FaggotNigger-Age:21-IQ:87 is used as the linchpin for the Death Star: Bigger and More Bad-Ass™ terror attack, without his credentials even being queried
►Not minutes after reuniting with Solo, after years (decades?) estranged, Leia's first action is to send him on a suicide mission
►FaggotNigger-Age:21-IQ:87 revealing he’s just an ‘effluence ape‘, Solo nonetheless continues with the 'plan' hinging upon his knowledge, endangering the entire Rebel hegemony
►Chewbarebacker commits first cardinal sin of warfare - splitting up - effectively sending Solo to his death
►...He then fails to cover Solo from 'the high ground’, Analkin
►Gaylord's sixth sense for faggot-cock spans the entire, planet-sized Death Star: Bigger and More Bad-Ass™, but not a few meters next to / behind his person
►With Gaylord clearly possessed, Solo - now fully cognisant of the Force and its wiles - martyrs himself
►Chewbarebacker lets off a Parthain shot, as if to try hide his complicity (with Leia) in Solo's murder
►Perhaps worse, FaggotNigger-Age:21-IQ:87 - vehement about the pernicious propensity of TFO - takes no action from “the high ground” either
►Shit-kicker, FaggotNigger-Age:21-IQ:87 holds his own with a lightsaber against Gaylord, only to have his spinal cord cauterised; leading to certain, instant death (he was rendered unconscious instantly -- spinal cord cut)… ‘cept at Disney World
►After everything that was risked for the MacGuffin (Luke), once found, his acquisition is entrusted to a PTSD-suffering Wookie and an unknown, tomboy dyke
►That 'Lost' final scene... (kek)
>>
>>64067795
►Gey's lightsaber visions have her toddler self being handed over to that unscrupulous scrap dealer-cum-pedo on Jakku (…her parents / guardians were Filipinos?)
►X-Wing laser blasts cause literal craters, sending squads of Stormtroopers flying, then immediately switch to 'stun' and snipe a target's left shoulder
►Death Star: Bigger and More Bad-Ass™ is comparatively even more vulnerable to destruction than the previous two iterations -- the entire, planet-sized contraption seemingly wired to cascade-explode from a couple of choice laser blasts and a sachet of C4 (...puts a whole new spin on 9-11!)
►The Death Star: Bigger and More Bad-Ass™ 'laser' is a homing missile, comprised of smaller 'missilelets'
►"Suns" (kek) are drained to instantly power / create said homing 'missilelets'
►The "Sun's" (kek) heat would melt through the Earth were it contained in the head of a pin (fact), yet a suburb-sized beam of it is sucked into the Death Star: Bigger and More Bad-Ass™
►Why fire the Death Star: Bigger and More Bad-Ass™, given it drains "Suns" (kek) -- a process that would end life in the pertaining solar system in minute anyway…? (see: molecules freezing at 0°Kelvin; gravity)
►C-3PO can no longer calculate statistical probabilities
►R2-D2 is super-encrypted and cannot be accessed if it PMS's; no matter how important its continuing functionality is
►Force never used during Lightsaber ‘flail-offs‘ - only preceding them and elsewhere - despite the combat itself only being remotely qualifiable through constant Force presence (…Why not shut off the opponent's weapon? How can Gey fight at all unless some 'Force god mode' is presupposed?)
►Opus No.7, ‘MIA‘, in G-minor, by John Williams
►Did not use Lucas's vision or Lucas's story; instead, Disney World's, a hack Jew's, papered over with SW iconography
>>
File: 1449482095061.jpg (230 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
1449482095061.jpg
230 KB, 1280x853
>>64067766
>>64067795
>>64067817
you seem pretty upset friend
>>
>>64067817
►Gangly, forceps-faced emo cast to carry on legacy of most iconic bad guy in sci-fi cinema (…course and rough as sand)
►No-name Brit nig cast as role model for Amerinigs -- through his displays of ineptitude, cowardice, lechery and shitty, ghetto accented mannerisms (…just the tonic!)
►Flaming feminazi, Mary Sue dyke = Luke v2.0
►Supreme Hobbit Smeagol
►Von-Saydow -- butchered
►Isaac -- mortified
►Mof Tarkin -- copy-pasted / Goebbles-fied
►Lightsaber combat -- Disney Infinity-fied
►Stormtrooper clones + 1
►Phasma Fett: The Vagina Monologues -- trash compacted
►Dog fights -- vidya cut-scenes
►Rebels -- "Resistance" to own hegemony
►“The First Order”… in incompetence and retardation
►Sugar Bagel -addled pacing
►First-year hack editing
►The one character / actor who single-handedly averted mass cinema walk-outs / shootings and who cost more than most film budgets combined to cast -- killed off
►The one character / actor 95% people wanted to see -- MIA
►The one character / actor whose presence relied solely on [her] looks -- grotesquely aged, method acting throat cancer and a pointless adjunct
►Insulting, embarrassing, cipher character fan service rammed up the wazoo sans lube
►Star Worse: A Not-So-New Hopeless Ep.VII

WHAT - THE - FUCK - WENT - SO - HEINOUSLY - WRONG, MOSCHE?!
>>
>>64067766
>>64067795
>>64067817
>/pol/tism
>>
>>64066151
everyone apart from the manchildren and the faggot lovers realised that the film is mediocre at best, it flopped worldwide after the premieres and now only the manlets support it by going to see it 2 or 3 times more. flop of the century. JJ already at suicide watch.
>>
>>64066456
>trying this hard to promote a princess disney movie.
not having a dick and angry about it.
>>
File: 1450221464809.png (142 KB, 415x367) Image search: [Google]
1450221464809.png
142 KB, 415x367
>>64067889
>this mad about Star Wars
>>
>>64066571
Furious had 1.2 in 12 days, this shit flops everywhere apart for the US with all the manchildren.
>>
File: 1444808990092.jpg (156 KB, 680x885) Image search: [Google]
1444808990092.jpg
156 KB, 680x885
>>64067209
Well meme'd
>>
File: please_an_hero.jpg (69 KB, 881x289) Image search: [Google]
please_an_hero.jpg
69 KB, 881x289
>>64067889
>it flopped worldwide after the premieres and now only the manlets support it by going to see it 2 or 3 times more
>>
>>64066151
That's what happens when you hype a glib facsimile.
>>
>>64067960
How people in this place be so disconnected from the outside world is beyond ridiculous sometimes.
>>
File: jonas.jpg (21 KB, 303x320) Image search: [Google]
jonas.jpg
21 KB, 303x320
>>64067960
>third world plebians are a good indicator of quality
t. Chink
>>
>>64066456
>Has there been any reports on numbers?
It's shaping up to be the only movie to do $1B domestically(Avatar is about $770M). If the legs would disappoint it would end up with only about $900M.
>>
feels about as meaningful as the addition of the animated Clone Wars series tbf

Well done Disney, you cashed in on the brand but offered nothing worth adding to the series itself
>>
>>64068208
this
>>
>>64067853
>everyone who dislikes this movie is a racist
really?
>>
Are rebels not still completely fucked now that their solar system has no star? In fact, how is their lush planet not turning into cold desert?
Also, somebody explain to me the practical logic of destroying a star just so you can destroy a bunch of planets.
>>
>>64067847
>jus turn ur brain off :^))))
bitch if i wanted a dumb fun movie where i could turn my brain off i would be watching a fast and furious movie
>>
File: 1450908367372.png (444 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1450908367372.png
444 KB, 800x600
>>64066719
>It was meant to be a shitty movie
>>
>>64068839
hello reddit
>>
I went to see this movie just today with the family and there were like 10 other people in the whole theater. It was the emptiest movie I'd seen in years. Kinda sad, really.
>>
>>64068668
maybe you are watching the wrong films then
>>
>>64068661
I don't think the starkiller was in the Resistance system.
>>
>>64068914
ok.
>>
>>64068661
>Are rebels not still completely fucked now that their solar system has no star?
Starkiller fires from lightyears away in completely different systems.

>Also, somebody explain to me the practical logic of destroying a star just so you can destroy a bunch of planets.
It was cheaper to build a star eating canon than an entire fleet to destroy the republic military.
>>
>>64068981
Star Wars films were never particularly deep, but they weren't exactly turn your brain off hollywood blockbusters either (more true for the OT than the prequels). TFA is basically empty. The only new character with any depth is Kylo Ren and his characterization is fairly minimal.
>>
>hype matters past release
lmao

im sure you guys will find some way to make it look like it being the best selling movie of all time is still a disappointment for disney
>>
>>64069107
>Starkiller fires from lightyears away in completely different systems.
But why? Why not zap into rebel system, and suck its star away. That alone should be enough to wipe all life on its planets
>>
>>64069238
Cause they have ships they can attack you with. The whole idea was to keep the superweapon away from enemy bases this time. Unfortunately the rebels found out where the base was thanks to a traitor and attacked while they were in the middle of charging the weapon.
>>
>>64069366
The base was never hidden. Its charging process was easily seen with naked eye from rebel planet, and distances hardly matter in a universe where everything is equipped with hyperdrive. Also, they've got inpenetrable shields that could only be bypassed by Han Solo who can react faster than light
>>
>/tv/ tells me how i should feel
>>
>be German
>be in LA
>go watch it with a British friend
>murriclaps keep clapping throughout the movie
>friend and I laugh everytime it happens
jesus fucking christ, I thought people on here were just making shit up when they said murricans clap at a fucking movie
>>
>>64066536
>wtf was it any good knowing all the spoilers before you actually saw it? surely that would ruin the experience?
what spoilers btw?

I saw Han getting killed like a mile away. Probably only surprising thing was the bad dude being Han and Leias son.
>>
>>64066224
Disney literally doesn't give a shit about the films as long as they feature the merchandisable characters in them. They have already made more in toy sales prerelease of the movie then the movie has grossed.
It's all a giant add for them, as long as certain things are featured they don't care if its good or not, the film it's self doesn't even need to be profitable to be viewed as good for the bottom line
>>
>>64069650
in the UK and people clapped here for Han Solo
>>
>>64066151
>consensus has formed
On one contrarian imageboard
>>
.Is Rey a Mary Sue? Partly and no more than countless other characters in star wars and outside it.

She is just Luke, Han and Leia written as one character.

Finn and Poe strike me as sidekicks. They may as well be droids.

Rey herself is no more OP than Iron Man.
>>
>>64066151
There will never be a good SW movie, series or video game ever because it all belongs to Disney. There's no hope left...

I'm looking forward to Valerian from Luc Besson. Maybe the Frenchie can get it right

http://www.popularmechanics.com/culture/movies/a15499/luc-besson-valerian-space-opera-fifth-element-director/
>>
>>64067131
>play by play rehash of Ep IV
anyone that says this is a retard or hasn't seen empire and jedi
>>
>>64071088
>phone posters
>having valid opinions
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.