[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do most actors seem bitter about being in Star Wars? Wouldn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1450419477278.jpg (41 KB, 465x478) Image search: [Google]
1450419477278.jpg
41 KB, 465x478
Why do most actors seem bitter about being in Star Wars? Wouldn't that be a great opportunity to be in something as renown as SW?
>>
Only in the prequels. I don't think any of the actors from the original movies were bitter.
>>
It's like being in a puppet show. Nobody's ultimately proud of that, no matter how many retards it made happy.
>>
>>64066007
It causes typecasting. Mark Hamill was gonna play Mozart in Amadeus but the director said "I don't want Luke Skywalker as Mozart.", it's similar to playing James Bond
>>
>>64066035
Alec Guinness.
>>
>>64066035
Harrison Ford is
>>
Most of them are largely fucked over when it comes to making any money from the movies that they worked so hard to make, look up Harrison Ford's original contract. Lucas takes all of the money from toys, which is where 99.99999999999% of the profits come from. Etc.
>>
36% of Star Wars actors never work again in film.
>>
>>64066068
Harrison Ford openly hates acting in general. He does it for the money.
>>
>>64066137
If only this were true for all actors not named Gary Oldman and Daniel Day Lewis.

There are tens of thousands of talented actors out there with unique, never seen before faces, why the hell is every role given to the same 12 people?
>>
>>64066387
jews and nepotism
>>
Because Star Wars has a history of ruining careers.

Notice how most of the actors never became much of anything after their huge success with Star Wars.

The same thing will happen to the majority of the new cast as well.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.