[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Prequelfags hate RLM so much as if RLM owes anything to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8
File: 5LPWlFo.png (313 KB, 701x394) Image search: [Google]
5LPWlFo.png
313 KB, 701x394
Why do Prequelfags hate RLM so much as if RLM owes anything to Prequelfags?

It's so fucking weird how Prequelcucks think that RLM's Plinkett reviews started the whole Prequel hate, eventhough Star Trek fags all agree on Plinkett's views of the shitty Trek films. I mean, a bunch of neckbeard fans who fap to The Star Wars Ring Theory are angry at a group of Milwaukee hack frauds who watch Neil Breen films for a living because they did not like 3 movies.

What do Prequelfags want with RLM? Why do they think that RLM is the end-all be-all to Prequel hate as if RLM owes something to them?
>>
Because autism
>>
>>64065832
Autism vs autism.
>>
Ahh yes, redditlettermedia
The movie 'critics' for people who don't really watch movies because they are 'too busy' playing video games and watching animu

But hey, LE STAR WARS PREQUELS SUCK XDDD right?
>>
>>64065832
the prequels are shitty movies, reddit letter media are shitty reviews of these shitty movies which redditeurs love because they can't come to their own conclusions and it makes them feel smart
>>
>>64065832

Because they don't get the fact that there are more people who dislike the prequels than those who like the Prequels, and they think that Plinkett is "blocking" people from liking the prequels.

They are angry that "The Star Wars Ring Theory" gets made fun of while Simon Pegg, Roger Ebert, Tim Heidecker and Damon Lindelof praises RLM.
>>
>>64066003

But Reddit is angry at RLM for hating Boyhood and Superman Returns.

They were also angry at RLM for shitting on famous redditor, Max Landis.
>>
>>64065994

So what's the solution, then?

What does RLM owe you?
>>
>>64065832
for the record, we dont

I dont know what his views are, but assuming from context they are negative, there are a good number of people who like them. Myself included.
>>
>>64066028
and? who the fuck cares? are you saying i have to like RLM now that reddits mad at him for some reason?
>>
>>64066057
JJ Trek, that is
>>
more like redditcuckedmedia
>>
i like rlm and think the prequels are amazing

its easy to enjoy both so long as you have an adult mindset without reddit sensibilities
>>
>>64066064

No, but calling them "redditors" is a bit ironic, no?

They're more Nanarland than Reddit, really.
>>
>>64065832
You mean like this faggot?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yzTSuOkZeE
He blocks people if they shit all over his precious Prequels, and is a whiny cunt. Feel free to troll his ass.
>>
>>64066003

Why do people even bother shitting on reddit now? It's the same garbage as this site, you just can't spout "nigger" without consequences. But then maybe that's why you edge lords get all neck beard elitist when it comes to your bitter cyber lounge flag-waving
>>
>>64066201

YES!

Also, I noticed that Prequelfags have really plebby taste in films.

I bet most of them are too autistic to enjoy an Eisenstein or Meilville film.
>>
Only on /tv/ do people believe that everyone loved the prequels before RLM. Episode I came out when I was nine and even I knew it was a fucking horrible movie. Everyone knew it.
>>
File: 51x9gYHs55L.jpg (45 KB, 377x500) Image search: [Google]
51x9gYHs55L.jpg
45 KB, 377x500
>>64065832
>>64066006
>>64066006
>and they think that Plinkett is "blocking" people from liking the prequels.
But that's right.

I noticed that before 2009, a lot of people liked the prequels. Many were disappointed, but few outright hated them, and like I said, A LOT of people were willing to say they liked them, or even defend them. A thread like this, made in 2008, couldn't exist today:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.72432-Am-I-the-only-SW-prequels-fan

Ever since Plinky the Fat Fuck made his reviews, Redditors have constantly linked those who like the prequels to watch them, as if it'll change their opinion because "Another guy said these movies suck so they suck!!!11 I can't form my own opinions lol11!" He nitpicks the movies so much, his fans don't realize that you can nitpick ANY good movie to that level and it'll look bad.

For example: pre-2009, nobody said "Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul lacked passion and emotion" - in fact, it was WIDELY considered one of the most emotional and moving duels in the entire saga. Likewise, nobody said Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan should be combined into Obi-Wan until RLM said it. And nobody complained about the cinematography in RotS until, again, Plinkett said so.
>>
>>64066450

>I noticed that before 2009, a lot of people liked the prequels. Many were disappointed, but few outright hated them, and like I said, A LOT of people were willing to say they liked them, or even defend them.

1. there were Jar Jar Binks hate sites and prequel-nitpicking lists on the Internet for ten years before Plinkett came along

http://freaky_freya.tripod.com/diejarjar.html

http://www.chefelf.com/starwars/ep1.php

2. the point of the Plinkett reviews is that the prequels aren't undone by JJB or plot holes, but by large story-outline scale problems as well as lazy film making.

It doesn't help that George Lucas was still destroying the original trilogy's legacy with the Special Edition releases. If he had not added stupid shit like Jedi Rocks, the Prequels would have been much more favorable today.
>>
>>64066450

It's not just that Stoklasa says "these movies suck," it's that he goes to great fucking lengths to explain *why* they're bad. He's not just ragging on them for the sake of ragging on them, he's explaining why they fundamentally don't work as films.
>>
>>64066450
>in fact, it was WIDELY considered one of the most emotional and moving duels in the entire saga

By twelve year olds.
>>
>>64065832
I like Best of the Worst and have seen a few episodes of half in the bag, but those Plinket Reviews are pure shit and autism.

Enjoyed the prequels as a kid, they're not amazing movies, but fun to rewatch
>>
>>64066064
>are you saying i have to like RLM now that reddits mad at him for some reason?

Yes.
>>
>>64066450
>Only Redditors liked Plinkett and linked to the videos.
But, that's wrong, you retard. I remember seeing Episode I when I was a kid, and I fucking hated Jar Jar and "clean" everything looked. And that was just when I was ten!

>For example: pre-2009, nobody said "Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul lacked passion and emotion" - in fact, it was WIDELY considered one of the most emotional and moving duels in the entire saga.
Mongoloid, it was good when we were fucking kids! You know, back when we thought putting cool decorations on cars would make them go faster, or that being Edgy was same as being cool, or we'd watch Naruto. You know, back when our taste was shit. Empire Strikes Back, now THAT was a duel! Look is struggling, he's all sweaty and tired, Darth Vader telekinetically throws some bricks at him... You can hear Luke's hatred of Vader in his voice when he snarled "Yeah, well I'm full of surprises!" or "He told me enough! He told me YOU killed him!". The lighting and smoke machine effects, everything, just felt so grim and hopeless. It was like the very environment symbolized Vader and Luke, the white gleaming city before entering the Carbonite freezing chamber was white and pristine, much like Luke's heroism and being Light Sided. The freezing chamber, in contrast, was dark and mechanical, cold and soulless, just like Vader and the Dark Side he followed.
>>
>>64065994
>LE STAR WARS PREQUELS SUCK XDDD right?

people who dislike the prequels talk like this!
>>
File: SDSD Freudian Nightmare.jpg (768 KB, 2240x1320) Image search: [Google]
SDSD Freudian Nightmare.jpg
768 KB, 2240x1320
>>64066919
>Look
Fuck, Luke.
>>
>>64066774
>but those Plinket Reviews are pure shit and autism.

It must be nice being able to dismiss valid criticism of media as "autism" without feeling an iota of cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>64066919

> I remember seeing Episode I when I was a kid, and I fucking hated Jar Jar and "clean" everything looked

Exactly. At nine, by brother and I could still understand that there was something wrong about how they looked and felt. They didn't look like Star Wars movies, they looked like they were way more advanced.
>>
>>64066003
You sound pretty smart, anon. You've sure showed those 'redditeurs' a thing or two with your superior intelligence. How can I be more like you?
>>
What is /tv/'s fucking obsession with Reddit? It's worse here than any other board, even /v/.
>>
File: checked.jpg (25 KB, 300x245) Image search: [Google]
checked.jpg
25 KB, 300x245
>>64066666
Satanic quints of truth
>>
>>64065994

Does redditlettermedia really watch anime?
>>
File: why.jpg (44 KB, 559x464) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
44 KB, 559x464
>>64067160
You're new here, so I'll give you the jist of it.

There's a very annoying, vocal minority that consider themselves true /tv/ posters and consider everyone else a tourist. They're the same 4-5 disgusting faggots that spam 'cunnyposts' of young actresses and jack off over them, and have engaged in a struggle with the mods for years. These guys are literally posting/proxy-samefagging 24/7, 365 days a year. They started this whole 'reddit' cancer and other mongs have taken it up just to troll or shitpost in general.

It all stemmed from people blowing them the fuck out for being pedophiles, in which they started becoming extremely defensive and spam shitposting accusations of someone being from 'reddit' as if that somehow stigmatized them and showed them to be inferior to the rest of the board's posters.
>>
>>64067235

Jack probably does. Maybe Rich.
>>
File: 1447320982774.jpg (51 KB, 394x379) Image search: [Google]
1447320982774.jpg
51 KB, 394x379
>>64067244

Thanks for the literal pointer, Darth.
>>
>"Hey Mike.. I just realized that I have zero marketable job skills, and have completely relied upon you - the man who slept with my first love - for virtually my entire adult life!

>My most recent attempt at solo comedy fell flat on its face and fizzled out after being ignored by my most loyal fans! I'm nothing more than a polyp sucking on the colon of Red Letter Media, satiated with my lack of ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry I so bitterly critique!

>With the exception of a cute haircut and a sycophantic, ingratiating nature, I offer virtually nothing to you! It's become clear that I have absolutely no future in film making, outside of making "ironically bad" YouTube videos as I obediently wait at your side to collect my earnings (mere pennies on the dollar) as they fall off the table into my food dish!"

>"That's right, Jay!"
>>
>>64067405

Poor Jay. Luckily he can rely on his looks.
>>
>>64067405
every hero needs a sidekick

every captain needs a mate

every dinner needs a side dish

on a slightly smaller plate
>>
>>64065832
Can someone explain why this person and his show are posted on this website like it is apart of the culture like some fucking culture vultures.

Fuck RLM and any fans that were tricked in to thinking this is some real shit.

No one know who these fucking guys are like just fucking admit this shit is a shilled piece of garbage and move on
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.