[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this thing a planet or a space station? If it was a space
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1445274036600.jpg (307 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
1445274036600.jpg
307 KB, 1000x563
Was this thing a planet or a space station?

If it was a space station why were there trees growing on it?

If it was a planet then how could it move to a different solar system to harvest a new sun?
>>
>>64063903
It was the planet Illum. They just carved a base into it.
>>
A planet. And if they could install a giant space gun capable of storing the power of a sun, there's probably a big-ass hyperdrive on that son of a bitch too.
>>
I fucking laugh at the people who hated the EU for being retarded. The Super Ultra Mega Death Star makes the Suncrusher and Starforge look tame in comparison. So fucking dumb.
>>
Wouldn't it take millennia for the beams from that death star to reach the planets.
>>
You guys might be overthinking this. Star Wars has always been nonsensical at best, and riddled with plot holes. Most /tv/ sci-fi is.
>>
How did the death star move around so fucking fast then?
>>
>>64063903
it was a play station
>>
That's a moon
>>
>>64064120
>The Super Ultra Mega Death Star makes the Suncrusher and Starforge look tame in comparison

Woah, let's not get carried away here. Big lasers is nothing compared to lulzheresanempirestrongenoughtocontrolthegalaxycosdarkside, aka, star forge.
>>
Why do you need billions of tonnes of machinery to make a planet killing weapon

All you need is to make a few hundred tonnes go to .c
>>
>>64064120
nothing will be as retarded as the yuzan vong and the 2914918419142 generations of skywalkers going on and off with the dark side
>>
>>64063903
>what is a rogue planet

but more importantly

>science fantasy doesn't need to be plausible
>>
>>64065209
then it should at least be original, which TFA was not
>>
>>64065209
>>what is a rogue planet
something with no life growing on it and no atmosphere.
>>
>>64063903
It's a planet.

Your last question is probably the thing that bothers me the most.
>>
>>64065304
Star Wars has never been original
>>
>>64065304
Nothing is original anymore.
Every work of science fiction is derivative in more ways than one.
>>
>>64065360
Incorrect.
>>
>>64063903
It was a Micro Dyson Sphere, kinda like Requiem from Halo 4.
>>
>>64065395
at least a new hope didnt use the same plot as a previous movie within its own series & expect to pass it off as an homage. an homage to a black and white british WW2 film isn't the same
>>
>>64065662
grow up kiddo
>>
File: SunRazer.jpg (963 KB, 1257x877) Image search: [Google]
SunRazer.jpg
963 KB, 1257x877
>>64064120
The Sun Razer and Starforge were my two favorite Superweapons in the EU. Both of them were just conventional war factories that ate stars for fuel and materials. Much more economical then blowing up planets, as well as far more creative and useful in the long run. And after the War ends, they could have been used to power non-military things.
>>
>>64063903
It was something stupid JJ made up. Like the rest of the movie.
>>
>>64065948
>co wrote with lawrence kasdan, the writer of empire and jedi
>lol jj a hack he made it all up lmaofam bbq
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.