[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Why is she so good with technology?!?! First part of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21
File: Rey.jpg (221 KB, 640x958) Image search: [Google]
Rey.jpg
221 KB, 640x958
>Why is she so good with technology?!?!
First part of the movie clearly establishes her as a tech scavenger. She probably has quite a bit of pracitcal knowledge.

>how could she climb that wall like a pro?!
First time we see her she's clearly shown as being quite agile and a good scaler

>b-but she beat muh Kylo Ren
Who was seriously injured before their fight by Chewbacca, and again by Finn. He was nowhere near his maximum ability.

Did anyone on /tv/ even watch the fucking movie?
>>
>>how could she climb that wall like a pro?!

Literally no one asked this... ever
>>
but if hero doesn't go through hardships at the beginning (even when she was scavenger she was doing fairly good for herself beating up everyone and so on), there's no payoff at the end (and this was the 1st on in the series) if she's good at things from the very begging it's not fun to see her finally succeed at the end
>>
>>64063056
I did
>>
>>64063002
>How did she manage to pilot the Falcon with ease even though she's never piloted before?

>How did she use the Force so well when she didn't know what it was 20 minutes earlier?

>How did she manage to smoke so many Storm troopers when she didn't know how to shoot a blaster?

>How did she know how to understand BB-8 and Chewbacca so easily?

>Why did everyone immediately get a boner for her after knowing her for all of a few minutes?
>>
How can she fly a heavily modified light freighter with no piloting experience?
>>
>>64063097
>How did she manage to pilot the Falcon with ease even though she's never piloted before?
>>64063105
That ones easy. She clearly stated that the freighter had been sitting there for years. Since she'd been there for so long, she probably got lots of opportunities to look at it and understand its systems and modifications.
The rest is just the Force, really.
>>
Why did Leia and Rey hug one another and share a moment after Han's death when it was literally the first time they've ever met?
>>
>>64063164

So if I sit and look at an F22 for really long I can fly that too, right?
>>
File: Liberty.png (1 MB, 1800x816) Image search: [Google]
Liberty.png
1 MB, 1800x816
>>64063067
Rey's weakness as opposed to Luke's is that she's kind of an asshole, and overcoming that is her arc in the film. While Luke is friendly and kindhearted, but incompetent, Rey is an antisocial loner who can get shit done. The payoff is her hugging Finn (and the following lightsaber fight, obviously)
>>
>>64063209
If you were a person with fairly profound technical knowledge of other fighters, which you would have acquired over a decades worth of scavenging them, yeah you could probably get a feel for it. Then if you're extremely Force sensitive, it falls into place.
That level of aptitude from Force sensitives is not new to this series
>>
>>64063097

the force guided her, faggot
>>
>>64063002
The major argument in favor of her being a mary sue is that she shouldn't have beaten Kylo Ren, but I disagree. There are many reasons for this. I'm going to skip over the "Ren was a mental wreck and injured" arguments because I'm sure you've all heard that before. But here is the major point.

This movie is shilled for being derivative of the OT, but whether you agree with it or not, the derivation was clearly intentional. And so I'm going to use A New Hope to help make my point here.

In ANH, the primary conflict is about Luke accepting the force and letting it in. I'm not gonna write out why, but it's subtly implied throughout the movie. I'll go over the final act and climax to show why. At the rebel debriefing, every pilot, and Han and Leia, visibly cringe when they talk about how the maintenance duct is 2m wide. Except Luke. He turns to his buddy and says "Please, this is nothing, I used to bullseye womp rats in my T16 at home". This exemplifies Luke's confidence in his mere skill alone. Later, when Luke is going in for the final shot, the pivotal point of the movie happens. It's probably the most widely recognized reference to the 4th movie, just like "father" in 5th. Luke makes the decision to not rely on his piloting skills, but the force. He lets it in, and the conflict of the movie is resolved, at the same time resolving the alternate conflict of the Death Star. In short, it was the Force that destroyed the Death Star. Not Luke himself, a simple farm boy with no more experience than bullseyeing womp rats. After all, as 6 movies has told us that the Force balances itself out.

This is where the pivotal point of 7 comes into play, or at least where I think the pivotal point is. When the lightsaber is lying in the snow, and both Rey and Ren try to force pull it. It is very clearly a battle of pure force power, but Rey winning doesn't mean she is powerful. It just means the force chose her.
>>
>>64063295
Nice writing, JJ.
>>
>>64063209
Have you ever been inside a F22?
Have you ever been lonely and bored to the point of understanding every single thing on it?
Have you ever felt the force?
She's been there almost as long as I was with your mom.
>>
>>64063206
>he's never met a woman

get laid virgin
>>
>>64063269
implying anyone would care about that
>>
File: logo-large.png (3 KB, 284x115) Image search: [Google]
logo-large.png
3 KB, 284x115
>>64063302
>>
>>64063277

Being able to identify power cells and taking shit apart for MREs doesn't make you technically competent or confers any ability to pilot the craft you're scavenging from, unless piloting interfaces in SE are ridiculously simplistic and intuitive, in which case great piloting feats like the Kessel Run and blowing up a Death Star mean nothing.

She wouldn't have even figured out the start up sequence before they were blown out of the water.
>>
>>64063097
1) see >>64063164

2) this ones the hardest for me to justify. But she had just demonstrated that she could beat Kylo in the whole mind-melding thing. She may have gleamed more information from him on the use of the Force. That, and Force sensitives tend to be highly intuitive people.

3) she said she knew how to use them. Han Solo is the one who assumed she didn't

4) BB-8 is easy: she works in salvage and probably interacts with a LOT of droids. Chewbacca, I'm not sure. I mean its possible she encountered a few Wookie scavengers on her planet but I doubt it. Point to you on this one.

5) same reason the Joker calls Maggie Gyllenhaal beautiful, I guess.
>>
>>64063002
jew jew please leave
>>
>>64063105
she's familiar with the mods that that simon pegg cameo guy made, as she explains that in the film. as for knowing how to pilot it, even though she's never flown the falcon, she says she has flown ships before. they still stretched her abilities by a factor of 1.25 I would say. pretty much everyone is forgetting that she dragged the falcon in the dirt a bunch at first too.
>>
>>64063097
>Chewbacca
literally this
>>
>>64063313

i didn't say t was good writing but it is explained it the movie though, just not in dialogue. it's pretty obvious the force is guiding her even though she doesn't realize it herself. the force is seeking her out to restore balance or some shit like that
>>
>>64063097
Dude just shut off your brain and enjoy it
>>
>>64063164
>The rest is just the Force, really.

The Force teaches you how to speak other languages now? And if the Force makes people like you, why did so many people dislike Anakin and Luke?
>>
>>64063345

Here's an Anon that can't even explain how an airfoil works, but a dirt poor uneducated girl on a backwater planet can fly an spaceship like a pro.
>>
>>64063302
you missed the mark for your theory just a bit. going by your metaphor, the actual part where she "lets it in" is when Ren says he can train her and then she meditates for a few seconds on the force and gains the power to defeat him.
>>
She was fine up to and including her blocking Kylo Ren from reading her mind. Everything went off the rails when she intimidated him into submission by reading his. After that, she had so much confidence in her newfound abilities that never faced another serious threat or needed anyone else's support, causing all dramatic tension to evaporate.
>>
>>64063457
I can't anon i'm autistic. Although in my defense I was just posting some things I saw in other threads. I'm not personally attacking the film.
>>
>>64063302
This is a good explanation too. Force users have been pulling crazy stunts since the OT, and all over the EU. Ill add that I really dont think beating Kylo in his state was that impressive
>>
>>64063478
unconscious use of the jedi mind trick makes people 'like' her i guess. seems she is like 5x times stronger than anakin judging from her abilities at her age, she is extremely adept at it, moreso than we've ever seen
>>
>>64063302
lol
>>
>>64063164

youre a fucking retard, you fucking faggot fuck

are you telling me that if i let you look at an A-10 warthog for a few weeks with no manual you would instantly know
1. how to start the fucking thing up
2. how all the mechanics work
3. know how to fix all problems with the craft BETTER THAN THE OWNER AND OPERATOR FOR DECADES
4. PILOT IT LIKE A FUCKING EXPERT

NO YOU FUCKING COULD NOT, ITS NOT EVEN REMOTELY FUCKING PLAUSIBLE, YOU STUPID SACK OF FUCKING SHIT

AND ALSO

>SHE PROBABLY
>PROBABLY
>PROBABLY

YEAH ACTUALLY PROBABLY NOT YOU DUMB FAGGOT, PROBABLY FUCKING NOT

YOU FUCKING FAGGOT APOLOGISTS PISS ME OFF SO GOD DAMN MUCH, WHEN ITS SO OBVIOUS THEY JUST WROTE THE MOST GENERIC 'HERO' CHARACTER WHO IS MAGICALLY GOOD AT EVERYTHING EVEN WHEN IT COMPLETELY BREAKS THE INTERNAL LOGIC AND SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF IN THE AUDIENCE

IM SO FUCKING ANGRY AT YOU YES IM FUCKING MAD YOU CUNT
>>
>>64063302
I can accept Ren and Rey being evenly matched, but I'm calling shenanigans on Finn lasting more than 5 seconds in a fight, and the argument that Ren was toying with Finn total bullshit.
>>
>>64063557

this was in reply to >>64063469
>>
>>64063469
Sorry, I meant the rest kf the flying the shuttle part. Tried my best with the rest of it here >>64063402
>>
File: 1447038305155.jpg (33 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1447038305155.jpg
33 KB, 576x432
Rey didn't beat Kylo Ren on skill. She cleared her mind and let the Force guide her. It chose her over him, just like it did with the Skywalker lightsaber.

This isn't Star Trek. Space magic is a perfectly acceptable explanation for events.
>>
>THE FORCE
>THE FORCE
>THE FORCE DID IT
>THE FORCE MAKES IT POSSIBLE
>THE FORCE IS THE ANSWER TO ALL PLOT HOLES AND EVERY INCONSISTENCY AND EVERY HORRIBLE PIECE OF CHARACTERIZATION
>ITS ALL EXPLAINED
>JUST DONT THINK ABOUT IT
>JUST
>DONT
>THINK
>ABOUT
>IT

I FUCKING HATE IT SO GOD DAMN MUCH I HATE THIS FUCKING MOVIE AND ALL YOU FAGGOTS DEFENDING IT
>>
File: 1420852909820.gif (579 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1420852909820.gif
579 KB, 500x375
>>64063656
HOLUP

Wasn't Rei a slave to Mr.Portions man(He was holding babby Rei in the flashback)? Didn't Mr.Portions own that ship for many years? Would it be really that unbelievable that she learned about the ship and how to pilot seeing as she lived by it through the years?
>>
>>64063656

we don't know shit about her earlier years. they'll probably put in a semi-retcon saying she worked at a shipyard to explain it. there's no way she survived on her own on that planet, she definitely had some guardians, much like luke
>>
>>64063656
Chewie fixed the ship most of the time, not Han. Chewie was out with an injury.
>>
>>64063759
>Wasn't Rei a slave to Mr.Portions

No, why would they negotiate for sales if she was his property?
>>
>>64063759
She specifically mentions that the Falcon hasn't flown in years. It's reasonable for her to know the parts and how a ship flies. It's unreasonable for her to know more about the Falcon and fly it better (solo) than Han.
>>
>>64063302
Also to add to this:I feel like a lot of people haven't talked about Ren's own inherent skills.

He doesn't seem to be very adept at lightsaber fighting, in terms of technique. Although being trained by Luke means he should be, he isn't for whatever reason. You can see he mostly just hacks, similar to how an untrained Finn uses the ligthsaber. And although his force use is very powerful it felt out of his control to me. Whereas Vader had a quiet, controlled force power. But Ren can't get a confession from Poe without a lot of screaming.

I feel like the extent of Ren's training ended when he betrayed Luke. We'll find out in 8, but I don't think Snoke has trained him in anything.
>>
>>64063830
This
>>
>>64063656
>a few weeks
Stopped reading right there.
We see her abandonned as an infant. She's been on that shithole for well over a decade. Theres even a scene where she explicitly shows her interest in piloting, and many more where we see her aptitude for fixing up and understanding tech she salvages. If I had 10 fucking years looking at nothing but aircraft, picking them apart, probably getting a few chances to turn on the partially functional ones here and there as my day job, then go home and fantasize about flying them and get a chance to sit in them at my leisure and investigate them, yeah, I could probably figure out some of it, anon.
granted Im training to be a pilot right now, but thats besides the point
>>
>>64063759

Go buy DCS: A10C and get that A10 started up and taxiing down the runway without consulting any materials on its operation.

Don't post in 4chan again until you do. Go ahead, we'll wait.
>>
>>64063097
I mean, I had a bunch of problems too but I just went "ok sure" and enjoyed the movie. The originals had some of those same issues, anyway, like Luke didn't train to fly an X-Wing, right? And I think most people just understood R2.

>Why did everyone immediately get a boner for her after knowing her for all of a few minutes?
She's a qt, esp. the part where she was eating bread with the helmet on.
>>
>>64063743
>>64063302
>>64063295
These Tbh. Idc if you disagree with the force did it trump card, but that's been a thing forever.
>>
File: REALLY.jpg (55 KB, 928x481) Image search: [Google]
REALLY.jpg
55 KB, 928x481
>>64063002
>>
>>64063746
>Ive never watched the OT
Luke blowing up the Death Star was totally unreasonable, considering he had zero flying experience before joining up with the Rebels.
>>
>>64063002
I think the point of her wearing the Rebel helmet was to show she has an interest in flying. Plus, a huge helping of the force. It seems that lets you do a lot of flying shit. As dumb as it was it's not much different from baby Anikin flying in a battle or Luke blowin up the Death Star
>How did she use the Force so well when she didn't know what it was 20 minutes earlier?
She heard the stories and knew about it, she just didn't know she could actually do it.
Also, no proof, but I think the mind reading works twoways. Its just most people, like Poe, can only resist at best. Because she did have the force she was able to push back so she may have gotten a tiny accidental crash course reading Kylos mind.
>How did she manage to smoke so many Storm troopers when she didn't know how to shoot a blaster?
Meh, Force plus generic action movie crap. Not good, but not really horrible.
I don't think there is any logic behind Star Wars languages.
Everyone got a boner for Leia too. Its called men think with their dicks.
>>
>>64063002
Being a scavenger for technology doesn't magically make you a high level mechanic or pilot. That's like a busboy being a super world reknowned chef because he worked at a high class restaurant.
>>
>>64063759
>>64063793
>>64063796

No, it's fucking not, because you could be the fucking janitor or maintenance person on a fucking f-35 and you would have no idea how to fly it. in fact, im sure they wouldn't let any of you retards anywhere near a piece of miltiary hardware considering you're a fucking double-digit IQ, triple-digit monthly income FUCK. in fact, you fucking troglodyte, many people who actually maintain and repair fighter planes cannot fly them, and vice-versa. it is clear just from a cursory glance at the fucking milennium falcon that those things are fucking complicated as SHIT and NO-ONE, EVEN SOMEONE WHO REGULARLY INTERACTED WITH IT, COULD BE REASONABLY EXPECTED TO FLY IT

You fucking fags have obviously never flown even a prop plane

>>64063876
Congratulations on becoming a pilot, or at least working towards it. That's genuinely cool and I wish you the best. It's really rewarding. I just have to respectfully disagree with you and argue that even if she had consistent interaction with that craft (which is NOT substantiated, ONLY speculated about by people on this board) she had nowhere near the level of interaction, practice, or understanding requried to run that craft.
>>
>>64063923
what if i told you most chefs start out as busboys m8
>>
>>64063835
Pretty good point. I mean, he had a faur bit more finesse than Finn did, to his credit.
I feel like if he was uninjured he'd have mopped the floor with both of them
At least until Force shenanigans kicked in
>>
>>64063913
Yeah but womp rats.
>>
>>64063880

Luke's piloting is feasibly explained. He regularly flies a civilian craft (T16 Skyhopper) before ANH, and its manufactured by the same company that builds the X-Wings (Incom). Thiat little tidbit of info is what's missing from TFA.
>>
>>64063345
>She's been there almost as long as I was with your mom.
I think she was there longer than 60 seconds.
>>
>>64063968
I'd say you are dumb because the point went over your head.
>>
>>64063876
FINALLY SOMEBODY GETS IT

This girl has been fucking scrapping Imperial cruisers for years. it's her job. It's the equivalent to what you do 9-5 everyday. It's what she lives off of. This combined with being a Skywalker easily explains her piloting and mechanical skills.

I would have liked to see more flaws in her. But she's not a boring Mary sue. We saw her character, her aspirations, her fears. And I think we'll see better internal conflict in the next movie.
>>
lets put that Luke pilot shit to bed before some else brings it up
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-16_skyhopper
>Even so, these airspeeders were often used as training vehicles by the Rebel Alliance, due to the fact that their flight controls were similar to those of X-wings.
>>
>>64063985
>manufactured by the same company that builds the X-Wings (Incom)
The fuck? There's no corporate bullshit in the original movies.
>>
>>64064006
>Scrapping parts means that you know how to pilot

jesus christ
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 636x628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 636x628
>>64063913
Luke had established ("I used to bullseye whomp rats in my T-16") piloting skill and Jedi training
>>
I'm willing to bet I can start, take off, circle, and land relatively well in say a singe engine cessna

but I'm smarter than a lot of you dumb fucks
>>
>>64063295

Nanomachines, son
>>
>>64064020

I don't know what more you want, mate. The Incom Corp. is as old as ANH.
>>
File: 1428549341414.jpg (520 KB, 1800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1428549341414.jpg
520 KB, 1800x1200
>>64063807
But then why was he holding onto her as that ship flies away? I can't find any images of that scene but I specifically remember seeing his hands and body clinging to her. Fucking a I wish I could find one picture

>>64063830
She doesn't though, she gets parts of it wrong that Han corrects her on (she guesses 14 and its actually 12 or some shit) She corrects him about the compressor, but that's a mod that Mr.Portions does, something Han event comments about later

>>64063878
I know this is bait but your autism is pretty extreme mate. Didn't Luke know how to Pilot an x-wing expertly well despite never doing it before? And how long feasibly would Anakin be able to know how to pilot a Naboo fighter as expertly as he did? He was fucking 9, the force has a history of helping out Jedi pilots

Pic related is me laughing at you
>>
anakin skywalker flew a fighter and blew up a spacestation after training on podracers, which is basically an ignition and a joystick. these movies don't give a fuck about your realism
>>
>>64063967
>Congratulations on becoming a pilot, or at least working towards it.
Thanks. Pretty excited. Waited a fucking year for all the testing with the Army to go through
As for the rest of it, if this were any other movie, with no Force Deus Ex BS to save her, trust me anon, youd be preaching to the choir. But based on the history of the series...
Let me put it this way: I think its more probable for her to fly that thing then it was for Luke to become the beat pilot in the Rebel forces overnight. Point is, add everything people have been saying together, then slap on
>muh Forc
And thats it. Thats the explanation. No its not satisfying if youre looking for pure realism, but its not a big stretch considering other similar feats. Do you agree?
>>
>>64064061

"Overweight manchild hijacks, then crashes single-engine Cessna into crowded shopping mall"
>>
ITT: MarySue-posters BTFO on kylo ren argument so they turn to piloting

(which at least has some truth)
>>
>>64064006
>>64063876

You don't get a goddamn thing and neither does he.

Again, with no manual, with no understanding of flight mechanics, with no formal education in mechanical engineering, and with no practical experience other than picking at the rusting and confused corpses of DIFFERENT SHIPS, DIFFERENT MODELS, COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WRECKS, YOU CANNOT FLY A FUCKING PLANE

YOU FUCKING MORON, you literally don't understand a goddamn thing about how difficult it is to fly even a modern aircraft (which would have to be far less complicated considering the far fewer systems required to do terrestrial vs. terrestrial + space + hyperspace flight).

You don't know a goddamn thing and it makes no goddamn sense you're just clutching at straws to defend a fucking shit movie with massive gaping flaws in characterization, plot, and story.
>>
>>64064093
>And how long feasibly would Anakin be able to know how to pilot a Naboo fighter as expertly as he did?
>>64064101
>anakin skywalker flew a fighter and blew up a spacestation after training on podracers
Bruh. You're using prequel logic to argue your point?
>>
>>64063878
Not same anon but I did this and flew into a solar eclipse and ended up in the SW universe.
Force yoda appeared and said thusly:

>Go back you must, die our universe will

But before I did so, I asked why I could see him

>Make shit up, we do.

I decided to get out while the getting was good.

News tried to play off my stealing the plane as a rocket test over the bay area.

Oh and I can fly one because I have enough understanding of aircraft to do so. Gunnery through? Basically impossible for me.

>and of course I'm still not paying to see the shitshow that is TFA
>>
>>64064012
>retconn that wasnt in the movies
Im sure the EU will fix all these gaps in Reys knowledge too, anon. Now go read the latest entries on Wookiepedia
>>
>>64064035
>>64063923
see
>>64064093
>the force has a history of helping out Jedi pilots
>>
>>64064093

Luke's ability to fly the X-wing is already explained in this thread. Anikin piloting the N1 was as shitty as Rey piloting the Falcon.

And stop stalling. You have your task, go do it. Any more weaseling on your part will only continue to prove how foolish you are for thinking powered flight is a self-taught skill.
>>
>>64064153
bruhh chill, its a movie
>>
>>64063378
Kek
>>
>>64064117

It's not a satisfying explanation so it might as well not be an explanation in my opinion.

The Force is just as bad as her somehow knowing how to fly a specific model plane (and repair it, and do both with a high degree of excellence) from scrapping some AT-ATs and bits and bobs from a star destroyer.

I just didn't like the movie anon. I'm sorry we are disagreeing. I wish it was better. I wish I could have enjoyed it like you. I just nickpicked it to death in my own mind and I think that wasn't totally unwarranted.
>>
>>64064163
they're shit but they abide to the same logic as the ot. nobodies knowing how to fly complicated shit is a staple of the franchise, i tip my fedora to jj for seeing it
>>
>>64063067
Finn will become the Hero. Rey will die.
>>
How angry would you guys get if Finn ends up becoming more powerful then Dindu Nuffin Windu?
>>
>>64064153
Christ, anon, do we have to say it again? Yes, its fucking bullshit to do that in real life, but she has in-Universe bullshit space magic helping her. Thus, preserving the CONSISTENCY (not REALISM) of the events in question. Do you object to this? If so, youre watching the wrong movies m8
>>
>>64063457
>>64063880
>"just shut off your brain"

Proof that TFA is for braindead idiots.
>>
>>64063835
>Although being trained by Luke means he should be
Why? Luke wasn't exactly a great swordsman, either.
>>
>>64064217
>Anikin piloting the N1 was as shitty
I'll chalk that up to Anakin using parts from a Naboo fighter to make his pod racer.
>>
>>64064265
What are you talking about?
>>
>>64064306
Luke was instinctively using the same lightsaber styles that Anakin and Vader use just from watching how Vader fights. He was a top tier swordsmen who managed to wound Vader with only a month of training under Yoda in TESB.
>>
>>64064183
they copy the info from the same shit that makes accusing finger cannon.
>>
File: 1434932453501.jpg (69 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1434932453501.jpg
69 KB, 960x960
>>64064217
>Any more weaseling on your part will only continue to prove how foolish you are for thinking powered flight is a self-taught skill.

Literally everyone here has said the force had more to do with why Rei could escape and Anakin could be adept in the N1. Also she only flies it for like ten minutes the entire movie, did it really bother you THAT much? Did it also occur to you the possibility that she flew ships similar to the Falcon considering she is living in a junkyard owed by Mr.Portions?

And if you're the same person as this...>>64064153 I really hope things are going okay at home because this is some other world assfluster on a mongolian loli board

>>64064163
I am, because you're acting as if there's no precedent to this happening, despite the fact that the original creator literally did the same thing with Anakin. It is CANON the force, intentional or not, makes you an adept pilot.
>>
>>64064232
>I just nickpicked it to death in my own mind and I think that wasn't totally unwarranted
Its not unwaranted. Im not the biggest fan of it or anything. But my autism limits me to caring about consistency, not lack of realism. If a movie sells itself as scientifically accurate Interstellar but shits the bed, I cant take it
If they have all these bullshit rules to explain away the unrealistic acts, but theyre not self consistent, I cant take it
When they invent bullshit rules, but they stick to the rules, eh, I can live with that
>>
>>64064131
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colton_Harris_Moore

" Harris Moore is suspected of being responsible for approximately 100 thefts in Washington, Idaho, and Canada, including bicycles, automobiles, light aircraft, and speedboats.[14] It is believed that he learned how to fly small planes by reading aircraft manuals, handbooks, watching a "How to fly a small airplane" DVD, and playing flight simulator computer games.[16] One plane he stole was a Cessna 182"
>>
>>64064303
>braindead
>idiots
Are we in a 90's family sitcom?
>>
>>64064418
There you go, guys. Thank you for posting this Mr. Moore.
>>
>>64063097
>>64063164
>>64063105
Books explain that she practices a lot in flight sims. But the movie was too busy with making quips to mention that.
>>
>>64064452
90's family sitcoms are still more well-written and directed than TFA famiglia
>>
>>64064408

If the Force us so powerful that it literally downloads information into your brain, why doesn't Rey just volunteer to blow up Starkiller base with her mind and save the lives of everyone that died?

Why is she so cruel?
>>
>>64064515

malcolm in the middle's pilot episode was far better at establishing characterization than the entire goddamn movie
>>
But she had piloting experience. She told Finn so. She'd just never left the planet. The same goes for Luke, and no one questions how he was able to fly an X-wing.
And she didn't manage to pilot the Falcon "with ease." She crashed it. Multiple times.
>>
>>64064418

>> Reads up on how to fly
>> continues gathering and learning from new material
>> practices in flight simulatora

Guess what there was no mention of in the film?
>>
File: 1429079872739.jpg (42 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1429079872739.jpg
42 KB, 450x300
>>64064518
>If the Force us so powerful that it literally downloads information into your brain, why doesn't Rey just volunteer to blow up Starkiller base with her mind and save the lives of everyone that died?

Now THIS is shitposting
>>
>>64064264
if only
but i think there's 0% for that to happen
she's the new luke, but this time better and female
>>
>>64063002
>Who was seriously injured before their fight by Chewbacca, and again by Finn. He was nowhere near his maximum ability.

This whole part is easily disregarded by the fact that she was getting rekt still she went super sayian, plus the fact that kylo was actually tapping into the dark side by the pain caused by the injury.

tl:dr OP is a fucking retard and there's no excuse for this piece of mary sue.
>>
>can´t against a nigger that never used a lightsaber before
>>
>>64064558
>But she had piloting experience. She told Finn so. She'd just never left the planet
Yup. As for evading stormtroopers, that can be attributed to stormtrooper aim in the form of flying.
>>
Her character is a great thing. Rey will help inspire a new generation of young women to be strong since she is an empowered woman fighting against a cult like Theocracy called the First Order that is attempting to control everyone's lives and force their brand of theocracy on the masses through violence.
>>
>>64064560

so beings you don't see any movie characters learning how to take a shit, non of them can shit?
>>
>>64064515
It's not hard to follow, but I mean, neither was the original trilogy.
>>
>>64064646
>I Can do anything and beat any man in a fist fight!
Women are weak and can only attack others behind a keyboard.
>>
>>64064558
You can't say piloting an x-wing is the same as the Falcon. And the fact that she bumped it a few times then pulled off an incredibly dangerous and skillful maneuver straight afterwards is bullshit imo.
>>
>>64063091
for you
>>
File: rey_bddd0f27.jpg (38 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
rey_bddd0f27.jpg
38 KB, 768x431
This is the most boring character I've ever seen. Is her only appeal is her vagina?
>>
>>64064646
You mean it put false hopes into women that they're strong, independent and equal
>>
lol, yup. Also hate to evoke the Forbidden Trilogy, but Anakin showed that force-sensitive pilots have good enough reflexes to pull off crazy stunts.

like spinning. That was a good trick.
>>
I've been thinking about why Rey was so powerful so quickly. She wasn't a skeptic like Luke, she didn't have to "unlearn what you have learned" because the bitch didn't know shit. So when Han told her all that stuff about the force was true, there was no yoda/obi wan foreplay necessary, because she was so mentally prepared to go balls deep. The force isn't something you need to over think its something you feel, and she felt it, grabbed it by the cunt hair and got lost in it. Rey is on some Caveman knocking bitches out and raping them with no remorse because it feels right type shit.
>>
>>64064560
>character driving a car in a movie
>didn't see him taking drivers ed
PLOT HOLE
>>
>>64064766
Also Im drunk as fuck
>>
Holy shit, Star Wars was the most "LE OMG XD" film I have ever seen in my entire life.

>LE PILOT MAN GETS CAPTURED BUT HE IS CHEEKY TO STORMTROOPERS WHEN HE SHOULD BE SCARED OMG XD
>LE INSUBORDINATE BLACK STORMSTROOPER OMG XD
>LE GIRL WITH BASIC MECHANICAL SKILLS CAN SOMEHOW FLY ANY PIECE OF HARDWARE OMG XD what a WOMAN
>LE DROID SHOT OUT LE LITTLE ROPEY ROPES TO NOT ROLL AROUND OMG XD
>LE *ANOTHER* DEATH STAR?!? OMG XD
>LE HAN SHOOTS LE STURMTRUP WITHOUT LOOKING?!? OMG XD
>LE GOOFY DROID SIDEKICK! HAHA HIS REACTIONS TO THE SITUATION ;) OMG XD
>LE CHEWIE IS DANGEROUS HAHA BE GENTILE OR HE'LL BITE CHYA ;) OMG XD
>LE GIRL CAN GET LE LEGHTSABER BECAUSE SHE IS BETTER WITH LE FORCE?! OMG XD

every fucking character, every fucking scene, every fucking little goof and gaffe and laugh they try to shoehorn into this piece of shit caused my eyes to roll up to the heavens

the entire plot is so goddamn stupid and its all so fucking shitty, it makes me so mad. why is it that every good character punches so far above their weight? fucking dumbass bitch from the sticks can somehow fly and fix the millenium falcon better than its owner and pilot of decades?! BECAUSE SHE IS SUCH A CLEVER LITTLE GIRL HAHA ;) OMG. Every time they get in a firefight the stormtroopers just miss and melt. THE TIE-FIGHTER TO X-WING RATIO WAS LIKE 10:1 HOW COME THESE FUCKING REBS SOMEHOW BEAT BORN, BRED, AND TRAINED SOLDIERS

I FUCKING HATE THIS PANDERING BULLSHIT
ITS JUST LETS JUST MAKE SHIT UP, WHAT IS SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF, HAHA MEMES GOOD GUYS ALWAYS WIN :):):):):)
>>
>Luke is shown has a kind of stupid kid and also inexperienced in everything
>He abandons his training thinking he knows better than the master to save his friends and he gets punished by losing an hand and almost dying.

>Rey is literally perfect, knows everything of electronics, piloting and defeats a former Jedi now turned to the dark side easily.
>>
>>64064798
That was a pretty good explanation for a drunk.
>>
>>64064303
I mean, I'm already sitting in the theatre, I'm not going to sulk for the whole movie because of some nitpicks.
>>
File: 1absZ.jpg (26 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1absZ.jpg
26 KB, 413x395
>>64064798
its christmas eve most of us are
>>
>>64064766
>>64064798
Fuck pretty that's good.
>>
>>64064834
Thanks nigga, who else /alcohol in here
>>
Rey's piloting ability is addressed in the children's novel "Before the Awakening". She finds a flight sim and practices in that.
>>
>>64064040
>atmospheric piloting in a fucking skyhopper is the same as piloting a fucking x-wing fighter in space
>>
>>64064766
Rey's not a tryhard faggot like Anakin or a pussy like Luke. She's the one who's going to fulfill the prophecy, destroy the Sith, and bring balance to the Force.

>>64064798
Getting there. I got a late start.
>>
She is a feminist Mary Sue written by liberals what do you expect
>>
>>64064655

If you are equating taking a shit with flying a spaceship like a seasoned veteran, then you can get the fuck out
>>
The reason why Rey is good at everything is because she's Darth Revan 2.0 and got mindwiped by someone.

Jewjew is a hack.
>>
>>64064859
Goood point, anyone have any crazy theories about characters? I think we'll see more of the bitch in the cantina that ratted to the empire
>>
>>64064811
You forgot
>HOLY FUCK THE MILLENIUM FALCON?!?! HAHAHAHA OH MAN SO EPIC!!!
I mean, I actually liked the movie, but I hear you.
The next entry needs to become its own entry
>>
>>64064811
If you're going to pretend to be a new poster, at least use a different format from the one you've used for damn near every other post in the thread.
>>
>>64064679

Women are physically weak but socially and emotionally intelligent. Their ability to destroy you without ever resorting to violence is literally playing to their strengths.

You would be wise to learn this, Anon.
>>
>>64064962

my point being a story about rey learning all this shit would be really boring and fucking ike 20 years long

get over it f am
>>
>>64065052

its fiction you retard you can write whatever you want. use your head.

the trick is to make it believable and not boring
>>
>>64065181

so believe
>>
>>64064811
OMG i laffed XD
>>
>>64064766

I was thinking something similar. Luke had a pretty cushy childhood as life on Tatooine goes, but Rey had to fight to survive her whole childhood and young adult life. That means she has little choice but to listen to, trust and act on her intuition in 99% of her daily life.

Just so happens her intuition is the Force.
>>
>>64065018
Jokes on you I've never and will never had made a twitter or Facebook account.
They are powerless against me.
>>
>>64065222

You better stay indoors and work on becoming a wizard then, too.
>>
>>64064915
It doesn't matter what fictional reasons the fictional characters have for doing the fictional things, that's what nobody seems to understand. A real guy who wrote a real script decided that real audiences weren't intelligent enough to notice he was taking shortcuts with the story he was telling.
>>
>>64064989
Okay this one just came to me. What do we know about Rey, she steals stuff that isn't hers and sells it at the pawn shop for stamps that turn into food, she has knowledge of how to use firearms and weapons like its in her dna, she opposes authority figures and her best friend is black.
>Rey is a nigger
search your feelings /tv
>>
>>64065211
Also she's the real grandchild of Anakin, she has his midichlorians. Ren is an adopted rat.
>>
>>64065251
I Work as a server 5 days a week and at Gamestop 2 days a week.
I've had three moms agree with me on maRey Sue doing too much too quickly in star wars, at gamestop, and the only pussies to attempt to debate me are the men.
>>
>>64065346

Sometimes I, too, fabricate facts in the internet, Anon.
>>
>>64065328
Also that's a joke, been browsing /b too much and the dark 4chan energy is still latent in me
>>
>>64065346
>"Have you seen the new star wars movie?

Oh yea I saw it with my children, it was a good movie.

>Wasn't Rey such a shitty character? Theres no WAY a scavver from Jakku could possibly fly a spaceship! It's just jewjew abhrams forving feminism down our throats with this mary sue interracial marriage bullshit

O-okay, yea, sure. Can I have extra toast with that?
>>
>>64063097
>>How did she manage to pilot the Falcon with ease even though she's never piloted before?
>>How did she use the Force so well when she didn't know what it was 20 minutes earlier?
>>How did she manage to smoke so many Storm troopers when she didn't know how to shoot a blaster?
>>How did she know how to understand BB-8 and Chewbacca so easily?
>>Why did everyone immediately get a boner for her after knowing her for all of a few minutes?

She's Luke's child, or at least he trained her before Emo kid went ape shit. It will turn out that she was using forgotten knowledge the entire time.
>>
>>64063002
>How does she go through the entire story with almost no challenges and needing no help?
Because shes a mary sue!
>>
>>64065546
Nah more like, "It's a fun and great movie to watch, and not inherently bad. I only have one big problem with it..."
And that's my hook.
And i only bring it up in the nerd store, the game stop, definitely not my server job.
>>
>>64065635
So why'd you tell us about the server job? And for that matter, how can we believe that you're a server if you didn't describe your server training to us?
>>
>>64065687
He knows how to clean the tables and sell video games, you aren't also the son of luke Skywalker are you?
>>
>>64065635

>> Nerd store
Gamestop is cancer, and you are its herald
>>
>>64065687
The server job is irrelevant really, if you paid attention you'd know it was 5 days a week, a majority of the time, where as the gamestop where the actions in question take place are a mere 2.

The meat of the story takes play in the gamestop, making the server training irrelevant as it does not come back up again.
>>
>>64065818
Talking about games comes naturally and it's really easy to sell stuff i know all about and can actually enjoy. It's rather nice.
>>
>>64065211
this. she was just reacting to her surrounding the whole movie and she happened to be force sensitive.
>>
>>64063002
shut up.

literal mary sue
>can understand bb8 right away
>can literally fix ANYTHING/EVERYTHING in the plot, mechanically
>learns how to jedi mind trick without anyone even telling her thats possible
>bests a sith (albeit ill give it that he was hurt and emotionally unstable at that point)
>other shit i cant even remember

literally no flaws
luke had to rely on an old dude for street smarts in ANH, and han to do the talking, and bail his ass from the deathstar, luke was only a decent pilot in ANH and a halfway decent fighter in ESB and ROTJ, even managed to get his copilot killed in ESB
>>
>>64065905
>can understand bb8 right away
>can literally fix ANYTHING/EVERYTHING in the plot, mechanically
Apparently she learned that shit before, it's not shown but she can do it so apparently she learned it, who cares.

She heard myths about it apparently.

>bests a sith
He's not a sith.
>>
>>64065905
han told her the force is real
she experiences ren using the force on her
she is force sensitive, she mimicked ren, what don't you get?
>>
>>64066031

Monkey see, monkey do
>>
>>64063067

But the hero did go through hardships at the beginning, and throughout the movie. He was bested by some lowly scavenger girl multiple times.
>>
>>64063002
she gets that from her grandfather
>>
>>64063097
>>How did she manage to pilot the Falcon with ease
>with ease
>ease

Why do people keep saying this? Did you miss the part where she kept running into the fucking ground and Finn yelling at her about how she's about to crash and how they were nearly killed by terrain and TIE Fighters and they barely made it out alive?
>>
>>64066122
MARY SUE MARY SUE MARY SUE
SHUT UP MARY SUE'S MY NEW FAVORITE MEME SHUT UP
>>
If scavenging your whole life makes you an expert pilot, then I can't wait to see all those ace Jawa pilots in Ep 8
>>
>>64063002
I saw an article that pointed out things in the noverlization that werent in the movie.

They stated that she had access to simulation technology and was obsessed with flight and mechanics of star fighters.
>>
>>64066212
"Woah how'd you do that!"
"Hahaha I don't know hahaha!"

She could have said she's practiced before, she even had a bullshit answer for her flying skills.
>>
Guys defending Rey isn't going to get you laid. She's a bad character.
>>
>>64066212

Novelizations are never canon.
>>
File: ScreenHunter_06 Dec. 24 23.42.jpg (95 KB, 810x548) Image search: [Google]
ScreenHunter_06 Dec. 24 23.42.jpg
95 KB, 810x548
Here ya go.

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-novelization/2/
>>
>wahhhhh how come shes so powerful
plebs want this movie to be so bad
>>
>>64066296
Bill Wilson
>>
>>64066350

What does the founder of Alcoholics Anonymous have to do with this?
>>
File: 1444089712554.jpg (66 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1444089712554.jpg
66 KB, 848x480
>>64066081
I really fucking hope Ren becomes a Char-like character
>>
>>64063269
That's not true.
>>
>>64066330
>For important story details we didn't care to show in the movie, buy the novelization!
>>
>>64066212
If you have to explain major parts of a character in a movie via a novelization then it's a bad movie.
>>
>>64063746
Like speed force
>>
>>64066475
Hes a pretty big guy around here.
>>
>>64063665
The fact that a Stormtrooper had training to combat someone with a lightsaber means it might just be a part of their trooper training. It's not too far-fetched to think that even if Finn was a janitor, all troopers had training with CQC.
>>
>>64066639
>>64066636
What is editing. It may have been in the original script.
>>
>>64063269
She's not an asshole. Literally everyone likes her. Where did you possibly get the sense that she's an asshole? Let alone that being her fucking arc.
>>
>>64066815
And? Its still not In the movie.
>>
>>64066847

She's a loner. On Jakku, no one would take an interest in her without wanting something from her, so she's slow to trust anyone and slower to forge any friendships beyond convenience.
>>
>>64066960

BUT IT WILL BE IN THE DIRECTOR'S CUT BLUREY BE SURE TO PREORDER
>>
>>64066801
It's not farfetched at all. All military personnel go to basic training. Even if their just a fucking desk jockey
>>
>>64066815
>What is editing.

Something this movie needed more of. That is, to edit out the unnecessary parts to give more development to the main characters and some breathing room here and there in the movie. It was too cluttered.

My best example is Snoke -- he didn't need to appear in the movie at all. Literally the only thing he did was mention Han is Kylo's father and tease him about it. But Han and Leia establish Kylo as their son later anyway and Kylo's weird prayer to Vader's helmet explains his weakness and conflict over killing Han. If you just removed Snoke from the movie nothing would have changed except you'd have all that screentime back so you could flesh out Rey more or something.

They also should have cut out the scene at the end with Rey finding Luke. The movie should have ended with them completing the map and Rey flying into the distance to find Luke. Cliffhanger, come back next movie to see what happens. Then you have all THAT screentime to dedicate back to something else.

Finally, they should have cut way down on the shit aboard Han's smuggling vessel. Just get in, Han explains he's a smuggler, pirates show up who are pissed at Han, they all escape together. Done. Again, screentime goes to some other existing scenes in the movie.

Suddenly the movie is less cluttered with extra things and we get more time for important characters to be developed or certain scenes to be longer and feel less rushed. I think that would have fixed just about every problem with the movie.
>>
>>64066722
4U
>>
>implying Rey isn't a Jedi savant in the same way there are musically talented children

Don't get butthurt that she's basically the Jedi version of Mozart
>>
>>64064840
I think they call that Stockholm Syndrome, anon.
>>
It's not that there aren't explanations for her skill, OP. That's not the problem with a mary sue. It's that the story gifts her all these abilities for the convenience of the writers and to the detriment of my enjoyment of the film because tension is reduced.
>I actually don't care that she's a mary sue, I just wanted you to know that youre stupid for thinking that explanations = counter arguments
>>
>>64066330
shes just another anakin skywalker tbqh. Not luke resembelance or anything in the family tree
>>
>>64064303
>what is suspension of disbelief
>what is autism
>>
>>64063656
Imagine being this angry over a star wars movie.
>>
>>64063097
>I JUST LEARNED WHAT MARY SUE IS
>I DON'T LIKE FICTION AT ALL
>KATNISS EVERDEEN FOREVER
>>
>>64067002
the scene where ren mentions rey to snoke was important because it showed how snoke is disdainful of ren and how low he is on the pecking order compared to the military generals.
>cut off the luke meeting
>less cluttered.
you're just cutting off a minute of run time and giving a much less fulfilling ending. this isn't lord of the rings, people wanted fan service.
>>
>>64063002
â–ºPoo Digimon shoots the very Stormtrooper that elicits the brain wipe of FaggotNigger-Age:21-IQ:87
â–ºPoo cracks jokes seconds after his spiritual mentor(?) is slain before him; seemingly more interested in a stationary laser bolt than the murder of his friend
►FaggotNigger-Age:21-IQ:87 stands within site of crashed TIE Fighter with Poo’s jacket in hand, just as sand swallows the craft… and as he’s instantly ‘teleported’ tens of meters away to safety
â–ºGey is a skilled parkourist, yet runs like an octopus on land
â–ºFellow scavenger relinquishes seemingly valuable B8-Ball without as much as a 'WTF'
â–ºDestitute scavenger, Gey won't give up a droid she just came across; even for orders of magnitude more than it's apparently worth
â–º"Junk" MF has been parked therer for time immemorial, without anyone recognising it
►Clearly just "junk" in Gey‘s squinty eyes, she can fly the MF better than anyone
â–ºNever having trained in gunnery, FaggotNigger-Age:21-IQ:87 is making Death Star trench run -like shots (EA Aim Assistâ„¢?)
â–ºGey knows the MF's workings inside-out, despite not even recognising the ship as the MF
â–ºGey / FaggotNigger-Age:21-IQ:87 do not recognise Solo and co., despite knowing of all their feats (pre photography?)
â–ºRacist vagina dentata balls eat everything... 'cept nigs
â–ºGey randomly bashes a CCTV console to save FaggotNigger-Age:21-IQ:87 (the Farce?)
►Gey thought Luke etc are "myths", yet has Luke’s helmet, lives in an ep.V era AT-AT, has a Luke doll... (Alzheimer's?)
â–ºAfter all their travails, our "her0", FaggotNigger-Age:21-IQ:87 has no interest in staying... until he sees Death Star: Bigger and More Bad-Assâ„¢ shoot its wad and he drags his knuckles back for an 'I told you so!'
►FaggotNigger-Age:21-IQ:87's one apparent 'skill' is using a blaster rifle… which he does not use it to arrest Gey's capture by Gaylord; only running and hysterically chimping out
>>
>>64063746
>focusing on one perspective of the argument, and ignoring all other explanations
>being this butthurt about fiction
>autism
>>
>>64063002

Literally the only point of weakness for her character was running away from Luke's lightsaber, but that lasted like 3 minutes. At the end of the movie, she might seem a bit humbled, but she's fully ready to become Luke's apprentice. This is not how you establish a main character.
>>
>>64067002
Those are some good ideas, sheeve wasnt even in ANH.

They needed luke for the marketing though.
>>
>>64066994
Totally. An Army janitor could go head to head against someone in special forces because the janitor went to basic training.
>>
>>64065259
>thinking storytelling is about "pulling one over" on the audience
>not seeing the moral of the story
>ignoring all plot devices because of incessant need to critique everything except yourself

have you ever wondered why kind of culture would remain after you butcher it with your line of thinking?
>>
>>64067296
You shouldnt try comedy.
>>
>>64063002
why can't people discuss the ACTUAL shortcomings of the film?

like how the fuck the destruction of those planets was just glossed over. the "seat of the republic?" was that coruscant? did they just fucking destroy coruscant?

even with the destruction of the republic fleet, why are there only a handful of x-wings? why did they say "half our fleet is gone" when a few x-wings were destroyed? WAS THE ENTIRE FLEET ON THOSE PLANETS?
>>
>>64067388
>ignoring every other fucking time her shit is fucked up.
>>
>>64067530
>actual shortcomings
>mindless nitpicks

Pick one.
>>
>>64067296
I've never seen anyone try too hard to this degree.
>>
>>64067563

Things happening to her are not character weaknesses. When does she make an immoral decision? When does she fuck something up by being too greedy or proud? If you can point out something like that, I'd be glad to consider it.
>>
>>64067530

What gets me is that those planets were across the fucking galaxy. Hundreds, maybe even thousands of light years away.

How the fuck did they see them explode in the sky with their naked fucking eyes? They'd have needed a telescope to see that shit and had to have waited hundreds to thousands of years to see it happen.
>>
>>64063656
>getting this autistic over a star wars flick

ebin
>>
>>64067888
I figured they were all in one system or something. Like the main republic just picked a spot with like 7 inhabitable planets all around the same sun for their home system
>>
>>64067932

No, they're in different systems, and according to official maps, a more than substantial distance apart too.
>>
File: Capture.png (356 KB, 717x299) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
356 KB, 717x299
>>64067888
Apparently they're all orbiting eachother.
>>
>>64067578
how are these mindless nitpicks?

fucktards are bitching about rey and the rest of the story is glossed over. the movie was a masterpiece, but it isn't divine perfection
>>
>>64068024

Meanwhile, the planet the rebels are on is ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE GALAXY.
>>
>>64067730
why does every person have to be a fuck up? how fucking grimdark can you be?

I have wh40k for that.
>>
>>64067959
Oh... well that is dumb.

Maaayyybbeee the giant magic space laser is a matter displacer so it can move faster than the speed of light and therefore be seen through the universe?

I mean, its not exactly "hard" scifi
>>
>>64068057
this.

>space operaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>64068052
>why does every character have to have an arc?
>why can't the good guys just be perfect and win all the time?

Go back to daytime television, m8, film isn't your thing.
>>
>>64068057
>Maaayyybbeee the giant magic space laser is a matter displacer

The giant space laser travels through hyperspace lanes, or so I think I remember the movie mentioning.

>I mean, its not exactly "hard" scifi

Also this.
>>
File: star_wars_cool_face.jpg (16 KB, 400x290) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_cool_face.jpg
16 KB, 400x290
>>64063402
>gleamed more information
>gleamed
>>
>>64067530
Apparently, it is one of several highly populated planets that the Senate rotates between, but not Coruscant. Since the New Republic government was destroyed, no one in authority could tell any remaining ships to aid the Resistance.
>>
>>64068052

How fun is playing video games with the invincibility cheat code on? Gets old after about 5 minutes
>>
>>64068101
not what i was saying at all. but good try.

if you don't like space opera, don't watch it. otherwise you're just another autistic faggot crying because others like something you don't.
>>
>poking holes and getting mad over a mass appeal Star Wars movie

Never change /tv/
>>
>>64068158
>everything has to be taken to drastic extremes
>there is no middle ground
>nothing realistic can ever be good
>goodness is a fairy tale

how's middle school?
>>
>>64068162

Just admit Finn and Kylo Ren are more interesting characters and I'll go away.
>>
>>64067285
>>64067421

I know they "needed" Luke for fanservice, but in a strict cinematic sense it was unnecessary and gratuitous and the ending would have been a lot better if they just flew off to find Luke. Make finding him the start of the next movie. I actually found the ending as it was to feel tacked on and less satisfying than the alternative.
>>
>>64068118

Doesn't explain how the light from an exploding planet manages to travel faster than the speed of light. Nor does it explain how this light is bright enough to be seen at such a distance without a telescope.
>>
>>64068101
You know who had an arc? Noah.
>>
>>64068148
Why was the Resistance so shitty to begin with? Where was this big bad New Republic fleet that was mentioned a couple times? There's this evil private army running amok and there's just this one group of dudes with like 20 X-Wings that cares?
How was the First Order even allowed to sit around and turn an entire god damn planet into a system-killing superweapon?
>>
>>64068301
Ya. that would have been an empire strikes back callback as well. Perhaps they could have had luke communicate with her via the force like Vader did with him.
>>
>>64068318

You're assuming the events are all happening simultaneously, but what if they're not? You start on the Starkiller Base and it fires its weapon. Then you fast forward into the future and people observe the beams travelling. Then you go back in time to see the planets destroyed from the surface perspective. Back into the future to see the reactions from people now seeing the explosions in the sky.
>>
>>64068301
I liked it. I don't think the mark hamil 3 minute face shot was the best way to do it. Maybe just have her walk up to his house or something and cut to black

Kyle said she had dreams of leaving jakku for the ocean, so her going to an ocean planet at the end kind of helped with her arc

>>64068318
Super death light is faster than regular light. pleb
>>
>>64068301
>Make finding him the start of the next movie.
>starting right where the previous film stopped.
TFA is your first star wars film I guess.
>>
How they hell can she do a reverse mind trick?
>>
>>64063002
Mace Windu: The boy has exceptional skills.
Obi-Wan: But he still has much to learn, Master. His abilities have made him... well arrogant.
Yoda: Yes. Yes. A flaw more and more common among Jedi. Too sure of themselves they are.

Luke: Vader... Is the dark side stronger?
Yoda: No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive.
Luke: But how am I to know the good side from the bad?
Yoda: You will know... when you are calm, at peace, passive.

Can't wait for Rey's fall.

Anyone that says oh disney won't do that to muh mary sue because feminism, what better way to actually respect the feminist way of thinking (in theory) than to not place Rey on this pedestal? Then her redemption or noble sacrifice would make that crowd even wetter while giving us more of a character arc. That's some long con shit. The biggest problem with Rey isn't that she's OP as fuck plz nerf, it's that she has no arc. The biggest reason to me why it might not happen is it would make Luke look like a really shitty teacher, though there might be some plot shit with Rey running away from Luke to save her friends. Also Kylo is very obviously set up to turn good so maybe we'll see Luke training Ben to fight Rey.
>>
>tech scavenger
>street-smarts nerd but tough, don't need no man. Random punk with insane amount of scientific knowledge learned through picking up shit in a desert.
>>
>>64068406
The Resistance is an unofficial front for the New Republic, like the Russian supported separatists. The fleet was mostly destroyed, and any remnant would have no orders.
The First Order was hiding their cards. No one in universe can see the poetry, and thought that there was nothing wrong with a group with stormtrooper armor working on a secret project.
Han had some pattern recognition with calling Starkiller a deathstar and remembering the trash compacter, but Luke will get totally caught off guard when Rey gets a vision leaves the training early to help the Resistance. He really should learn from his first hand experiences, but he wont.
>>
File: 1450725927101.webm (627 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
1450725927101.webm
627 KB, 720x304
She's strong with the Force.

She lived on a planet full of aliens and robots.

I can answer that with a webm
>>
>>64063665
>and the argument that Ren was toying with Finn total bullshit.
You know how this movie rips off a bunch of shit from the OT?

It's the end of the vader duel in empire, though compressed because it's just finn. When Luke and Vader are on the catwalk, Luke scores a shoulder hit on Vader. Vader then chops some scenery, disarms Luke, and disarms Luke.

Kylo lets Finn get up that one time. Is throwing Finn back with large, obvious swings (like how vader was fighting off luke with one arm, sheer power). Even uses his crossblade things to hurt Finn. Anyway, when Finn lands his one glancing blow on Kylo's shoulder, Kylo immediately disarms Finn and slices his spine. Finn does not last a single entire minute of fighting with Kylo Ren.
>>
File: 1450824839714.jpg (61 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450824839714.jpg
61 KB, 500x500
>>64063002
i don't care since she's cute 2bh pham
>>
>>64068916
>The First Order was hiding their cards.
HOW!? This isn't the Empire, they don't have all of space to hide their shit in, they don't have enormous resources. How the flying fuck did they manage to turn an entire god damn planet into a giant, sun-eating doomsday weapon without ANYONE knowing? It's not even like it's a secret weapon or anything, all the rank and file know about it!
>>
The novelization says she played with flight simulators on Jakku
>>
>>64069096

You don't have to pay $15 to see cute girls, anon.
>>
Piloting spacecraft in star wars is probably more parallell to driving a car than flying a fucking airplane by modern standards.
>>
>>64063206
because Rey is her niece
>>
>>64066122
Yes, she started out bad but then 30 seconds later she was flying it with ease and out maneuvering the tie fighters.
>>
>>64069178
you do if you want to see them with lightsabers in glorious IMAX 3D
>>
>>64063206
That scene made me cringe so hard.
Chewie's just standing there in the background the whole time. He's right there. Leia what the fuck?
>>
>>64068995
I get the arguments, but really Ren should've just forced choked his ass.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.