[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion on 12 Angry Men?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 12-angry-men.jpg (961 KB, 2100x1451) Image search: [Google]
12-angry-men.jpg
961 KB, 2100x1451
What is your opinion on 12 Angry Men?
>>
It's a fantastic drama.

I dunno what these other faggots are going to say, though.
>>
>>64061944
It was fun, I like court room drama. Perry Mason type shit. The whole thing seemed a little too convenient though, fuck that little old lady.
>>
It's fucking fantastic.

This is how each court room should be run. Based on reason not fucking emotions.
>>
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>64061944
It's a great play, but only an OK/pretty good movie. Why it was ever adapted to film is really beyond me, there's no room for interesting cinematography, scoring, or real utilization of the art of cinema within the confines of that one courtroom.

That being said, the performances are great, and the editing is tight.

6-7/10 imo
>>
>>64061944
amazing movie the first time or two but once you know the twists it loses its appeal significantly (inb4 plebs tell me this is true of all great movies when I can watch Psycho, Annie Hall, Wages of Fear, Kane, Die Hard, etc. dozens of times and never get sick of it and actually appreciate it more). The liberalism is nice and inspiring but I'm not sure there's a consistent message. Essential viewing though, just doesn't hold up since a lot of the content is pretty shallow
>>
>>64062018
>The whole thing seemed a little too convenient though

My main criticism of the movie. Everything that happens is exactly what the writer wanted to happen, everything is so neatly hammered into place. All the "arguments" seem so false, as well as the slow trickle of change in the votes.
>>
12 Angry White Men
>>
It's my favorite kind of movie

>no dumb forced romance sub plot
>all main characters are men

Give me a movie about some guys either getting along or fighting and I'll enjoy it.
>>
File: Zz166a7.webm (2 MB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
Zz166a7.webm
2 MB, 480x640
>>
>>64062394
go on...
>>
It's great. Sidney Lumet was one of the best filmmakers ever.
>>
>>64062394
Gayest shit I've seen in weeks
>>
White privilege: the movie.
>>
you would never be able to make this movie today without getting past the token black guy law, token mexican guy law, token female characters law and interracial cuck subplot requirements. making a movie with only 12 white men would get you thrown in jail in 2015 (i mean come on)

but the movie also suffers from the entertainment culture of that era, where movies were almost looked at how we look at esports or single player video games now, and the movie is made the same way you would make a theater script
>>
>>64062591
le red pill xD
epic dude, giving you one upfedora
>>
>>64062711
okay. name a movie made in the united states in the last 5 years that did not have a token black, token mexican, or token female.
>>
why not call it a dozen of angry men?
>>
>>64062779
Twelves has some more force to it, and they're angry so it should be a bit forceful.
>>
>>64062738
idk like I have shit enough taste to watch movies made in america in the last 5 years

but im sure thats because casting white people in movies gets you thrown in jail by le SJW menace
(DAE hate tumblr btw?)
>>
I was on a jury once and convicted a guy because I hate blacks. Solely did it based on race and I wanted to get home.I honestly paid no attention during the trial.
>>
A low budget 50s movie. How is it so entertaining and gripping? Every fucking minute. And we learn so much about the jurors.
Strangely even though it mostly takes place in one room I get this clasy urban feeling. I'd like to watch more movies like this from 30s or 50s.
>>
>>64061944
Decent movie, got to watch it in one of my legal study classes.
>>
>>64061944
Watched it for the first time a month ago, really liked it. This kind of movie, just kind of people going at it with their differing types of logic and perspectives and shit, it can be gripping as hell when done right. Every minute of it gets you absorbed.

I think some of the jurors were underdeveloped though (architect guy, salesman guy) but overall it was very good. Also kind of feel it wrapped up too nicely since the hero juror did have an answer for literally EVERY piece of evidence but that's just how the movie gotta go.
Really nice film.
>>
>>64062809
>idk like I have shit enough taste to watch movies made in america in the last 5 years
Then you don't get to have an opinion on this.
>>
>>64062591
>If there is any character in a movie that's not white, straight, or a male, then its muh forced liburull propaganda.
>>
>>64065398
Yes. Forced. The writer didn't intend for them to be colored or female at the time. You write what you know, and white guys are writers who write white guys.
>>
Is it not permissible for a woman also to be angry?
>>
>>64065460
>Yes. Forced. The writer didn't intend for them to be colored or female at the time
Wait, you were there in the writing process for all of Hollywood's major movies in the last 5 years!! Ok then, that explains how you know about secret liberal agenda.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.