[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"There are some people that think Rey is a Mary Sue..
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: campea-10.jpg (28 KB, 588x364) Image search: [Google]
campea-10.jpg
28 KB, 588x364
>"There are some people that think Rey is a Mary Sue.. if you think Rey is a Mary Sue, then I got news for you. You're an idiot, and you have NO idea what a Mary Sue is"

Thoughts on John Campeas rant on people who are calling Rey a Mary Sue?
>>
He is an redditor idiot
>>
who?
>>
Cucked
U
C
K
E
D
>>
The more outraged people yelling about Rey being called a Mary Sue, the more I agree with Rey being a Mary Sue. The criticism clearly would just be shrugged off if it wasn't true
>>
SJW libturds from reddit BTFO again

>Luke

Got rekt by the tusken raiders, needed Obi Wan to save him
Nearly got killed by the men in the cantina, need Obi Wan to save him
Needed Leia and Han to cover his ass constantly during the rescue mission, which ended up being a clusterfuck
Screwed up deflecting blaster bolts while Obi Wan was training him, never actually does that until 2 movies later
Rarely uses his lightsaber at all
Initially annoyed Han and Leia with his naivete and innocence
Needed R2 to save him from being crushed by the trash compactor
Needs Obi Wan to protect him from Vader
Needs Han to save him during the trench run from Vader
Pilots competently, doesn't do anything the other rebel pilots can't do (except aim the torpedo)
Uses the force once

>Rey

Beats up four guys by herself
Skilled marksman
Skilled mechanic
Knows more about the Millennium Falcon than Han and Chewie, who piloted and repaired it for years
Can pilot the Millennium Falcon by herself competently enough to outmaneuver two TIE fighters, even though it requires two pilots
Gets kidnapped once, saves herself
Is better at using the Force than Kylo, who trained under Luke for years
Is instantly knowledgeable about probing minds, telekinesis, and using Jedi mindtricks
Instantly skilled at using a lightsaber
Has super saiyan jedi mode, which no other jedi has ever used in the movies
May have possibly learned all of this at the ripe young age of 4, depending on her backstory
Instantly liked by everyone
Instantly trusted by the Resistance to go on a mission to find Luke, even though they barely knew her
>>
I don't think about him at all.
>>
>>64062011
JJ got away with his usual shit and also playing it safe by making a female character with not a single flaw
>>
Campea's a fucking smug dipshit. Worst panelist. Schnepp's a fucking idiot who never knows what's going on, but at least he doesn't act like a prick when people disagree with him. Kristian's a good dude. Mark is absolutely based.
>>
>>64059858
give it time and there's gonna be a backlash against this harder than disco's
>>
This guy is so much of a literally who he has no picture on Wikipedia
>>
File: sue types.jpg (134 KB, 593x884) Image search: [Google]
sue types.jpg
134 KB, 593x884
>>64059858

a character that's clearly unstoppably overpowered beyond believability is a sue

it's cucks like this who think they know better

even though their understanding of the word extends to about the second sentence of wikipedia
>>
File: Schmoes.png (342 KB, 534x376) Image search: [Google]
Schmoes.png
342 KB, 534x376
Campea can be nauseating sometimes.
Schmoes are better in every way.
>>
I hate John Campea

Obnoxious autistic canadian dipshit
>>
>>64059858

well whats a mary sue then?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.