[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what was the best meme of the movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: SW-THE-FORCE-AWAKENS.jpg (253 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SW-THE-FORCE-AWAKENS.jpg
253 KB, 1920x1080
So what was the best meme of the movie?
>>
Stareoff, bro. You and me"
>>
BUT NO DAMAGE
>>
>THATS NOT HOW THE FORCE WORKS

got a good chuckle
>>
TURNCOAT!
>>
>>64050789
Too bland for memes besides maybe TRAITOR
>>
File: e22.jpg (41 KB, 680x753) Image search: [Google]
e22.jpg
41 KB, 680x753
TR-8R
TRAITOR
R
A
I
T
O
R
>>
RATIONS
>>
>>64050910
>>
>>64050910
TR-8R spin-off movie when?
>>
>>64050910
Is there even a doubt?
>>
>>64050789
there are no good memes. there never can be or will be good memes from a jj abrams movie. he's just too solidly mediocre
>>
>>64050789
JJ's movies are so dry and soulless that you can't take anything from them.
>>
Not a meme yet, but that scene where Kylo is trying to get the map out of rey with the force and she resists. I felt that scene dragged on a little long to the point where I started thinking how silly it must have looked when filming. Rey looked like she was holding in a big ol poop that Kylo was trying to extract.

But the worst was the stare down between luke and rey, only to be finished off by that horrible helicopter panning. Bravo jj. Good use of luke.
>>
>>64050945
TR-8R has the moral high ground.
The answer is clear.
>>
Why do you wear the mask?
>>
>>64051049

This thought always crosses my mind in those 'force tug of war' scenes. Like what was JJ's direction to Klyo

>Just hold out your hand and shake it like your Micheal J Fox and pretend to be constipated.
>>
File: force.webm (1 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
force.webm
1 MB, 800x450
Soccer-ball droid
>>
You could have asked this in any of those million other star wars threads. Why is this allowed again? /tv/ is ruined for everyone because star wars.
>>
Droid [nigga], please
>>
Reddit humor:
>pushed by corporations
>safe, middle of the road, insincere, appeals to a wide variety of interest groups
>glorifies the image of the product it is pushing
>conforms to corporate and elite interests
>anti-democratic
>created by committee to sell products
>tries too hard to become a meme and in the process embed itself within the minds of consumers to sell more crap related to the franchise (the entire character of Groot)
"thats not how the force works!" "chewie we're home!" "TRAITORxD!" "do you have a boyfriend?" "droid please"

4chan humor:
>anonymous origins
>free, democratic, open source
>subverts corporate interests and intentions (Bane in TDKR used to attack the movie, not praise it)
>not created to push a product or message, but rather to amuse and humor individuals
>created for a specific group of enlightened users, not dumbed down for the masses
>memes are not forced by corporations, but rather become popular due to their innate appeal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgbQGXTwiME
>>
>>64051318
THIS IS SPARTAAAAAA
>>
File: Phelps.jpg (16 KB, 310x361) Image search: [Google]
Phelps.jpg
16 KB, 310x361
>>64050910
>they hype the fuck out of "girl-power stormtrooper who don't need no girl armor"

>a random nobody gets the only cool stormtrooper-related moment
Someone fucked up
>>
>>64051318
Traitor is as organic and 4chanian as it gets
>>
File: tr8r.gif (1 MB, 500x209) Image search: [Google]
tr8r.gif
1 MB, 500x209
>>64050789
>>
TR-8R
>>
>>64051411
yeah, right? Why not to give this scene to Captain Phasma? It makes no fucking sense
>>
>>64051414
Is this what redditors that joined us last year actually believe?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.