[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mauled by a bear >watches his indian son die >froze
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 12
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (120 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
120 KB, 1280x720
>mauled by a bear
>watches his indian son die
>froze in the river
>fall off a cliff
>stabbed in the leg
>stabbed in the hand
>eats a live fish (that was pretty cool actually)
>learned the savage tongue
>kicks tom hardy's ass
>...

what else a nigga gotta do to win an Oscar /tv/?

he fucking earned it this time,
¿aceptas?
>>
thankfully he was a alone most of the time, so we didn't have to see him "ACTING." But he still drags down every scene hes in and even managed to do his signature scream a few times.

He also has, clearly, never been in pain a moment in his life. So his attempts at imitating something hes never felt are laughable.
>>
maybe he should try serious acting ala tom hanks for a change. instead of playing action hero/manic depressive
>>
>>64048797
What, just straight drama? I'd like to see his attempt actually.
Also OP dont forget about staying the night inside a horse like a damn tauntaun. Couldn't stop thinking about hannibal during that scene
>>
>>64048744
you are implying acting without talking isn't acting?

Tom Hanks in Castaway ring a bell?

This was the Leonardo equivalent of Castaway, his most emotive role yet. (because most of it was non-verbal)
>>
>>64048847
>staying the night inside a horse
damn, you just spoiled the movie, nigga
>>
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!
>>
Anyone else tired of the "Leonardo DiCaprio is a good actor" meme? Fuck this 9gag shit.
>>
Fucking spoilers you idiot
>>
>>64048864
considering the only mode leo gave was "i'm angry, ANGRY ABOUT SNOW! AND INDIANS!!" comparing it to castaway, where hanks went from desperate to ecstatic to dejected to hopeful to determined to disconnected... is just laughable.
>>
>>64048660
except those were all things the real hugh glass did in real life. so leo has him to thank for that...but i agree, this dude is way overdue. here come the redditors to negate my comment. eat a dick faggots. leo did a great job
>>
>>64048895
>>64049032
>>
>>64048660
>Oscar
he should've pulled a Joaquin a long time ago
>>
File: collage22.jpg (2 MB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
collage22.jpg
2 MB, 2048x2048
>>64048660
>i am acting gais.
>>
File: 084.png (298 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298 KB, 600x512
>>64049076
>i'm angry, ANGRY ABOUT SNOW! AND INDIANS!!
He wasn't angry about either of those things
>>
File: tumblr_ntc1rspvFF1qde7iyo1_1280.jpg (254 KB, 800x798) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntc1rspvFF1qde7iyo1_1280.jpg
254 KB, 800x798
Dang ol' treenigger sunuvabitch mang I tell ya hwhwat knowmsayin
>>
>>64049111
FUCK YOU BITCH
>>
>>64048660
IRL that bear would have killed him in two seconds. He's not going to get an Oscar for acting out a flick-tier scenario.
>>
>>64049154
an i shot the mothfucka ma slf.

is there any tv fag that understand the whole Hardy lines?
>>
>what else a nigga gotta do to win an Oscar /tv/?

Act. This is just a movie about a guy having a very bad day - there is no drama involved and barely any tension which isn't Leonardo's fault but it doesn't mean he should get an Oscar for it.

Was anyone else annoyed that no effort was made to recover the companies money? They already had a disastrous season and now there is nothing to cover the losses. Everyone in that fort is fucked and so are the surrounding tribes, with the French also gone there is a wider complete collapse in the regions fur trade which will bring all sorts of problems once 'muh/the Gods revenge' was exacted.
>>
>>64049154
>GOD WAS A SQUIRREL
>>
>>64049154
>He was buried right
>>
>>64049233
*SQURL
>>
File: fuck this horse in particular.webm (3 MB, 852x356) Image search: [Google]
fuck this horse in particular.webm
3 MB, 852x356
I'm sure theres a proper explanation for why this drunk shot a horse but I couldn't help but laugh
>>
>>64049178
the real hugh glass survived a bear attack dude.
>>
>>64049291

He didn't want some indian to take his horse.
>>
>>64049233
why did it have to be a squirrel
why not a deer or an owl or something thats not fucking hilarious
>>
Meme thread. Everyone know Redmayne will win.
>>
>>64049233
need a webm of his reaction after the speeche on the cave.
>>
>>64049366
the story was a joke. because he ate that skwrl
>>
>>64049294
If you believe that.
>>
act
>>
File: 1384383761417.png (790 KB, 792x792) Image search: [Google]
1384383761417.png
790 KB, 792x792
>>64049291
how did they film that? did they actually shoot a horse or is that CGI?

i would assume if they actually shot a horse then they got one of those horses that was going to be put down anyways and used it in the movie instead

anyways this movie shows that nature is pretty fuckin brutal tbqh senpai desu senpai~~
>>
File: Melaw Nakehk'o.jpg (314 KB, 900x1352) Image search: [Google]
Melaw Nakehk'o.jpg
314 KB, 900x1352
This movie activated a dormant colonial urge to blanda with the natives in me. How hard is it for a Yuropeon to score some of that sweet Indian wig-wam?
>>
>>64049503
shut the fuck up you dumb fucking cuck. Here we go with the "they kidnapped an injun and raped her, but she got free and sliced them up badly so we're gonna blame it on a bear" meme
>>
Movie was awful. I should get an Oscar for floating in the damn pool since all Leo did was lay in the snow for half the movie.

>Muh boy
>Muh broken up body
>Muh muhfuggen life in shambles

Give me a break.
>>
>>64049233
And I ate that sonna a bitch
>>
>>64049154

YOU ENJOY THIS REVENGE
>>
File: Peyton List As Squirrel Girl.jpg (2 MB, 3600x3010) Image search: [Google]
Peyton List As Squirrel Girl.jpg
2 MB, 3600x3010
>God was a Squirrel
>>
>>64048847
Leo was good in Revolutionary Road, that's the only straight drama of his I can think of.
>>
AHAHAHAHA

remember when /tv/ kept posting that nod he made as candy in django and they awarded him 2 oscars?
>>
>>64049503
youre a fucking idiot. jesus christ you dodo bird
>>
>>64049585
No, I'm pretty sure reading that they use animals to a point where they need to use CGI, and then the bear was all cgi.

Still brutal though.
>>
>>64049585
nah man cgi...the shitstorm they would have to endure from the media and peta and all those organizations would wreck them. it would be a public relations shitfest for them...they cant go on killing animals for the sake of a movie like 50 yrs ago. it was just very well done cgi at the end of the day
>>
>>64049929
He was great in that. I will never understand this "Leo isn't a good actor" meme.
>>
>>64049146
>i am acting gais.
a career summed up
>>
>>64049146
Hugh glass was a pretty wild eyed guy. This doesn't seem like overacting to me minus the screaming in pain one
>>
>>64049606
>How hard is it for a Yuropeon to score some of that sweet Indian wig-wam?

Depends on what the cheapest alcohol you like to drink is because she's going to want to share it with you when you fuck.
>>
>>64048660

If he doesn't win an Oscar for this, I'm willing to bet he takes a hiatus from acting for a while.
>>
What is GOOD ACTING anyway?

I mean he doesn't take me out from my seat on his place. He's always so edgy and way over the top in his performance. Drags too much attention to himself. But apparently that edginess is what gets you the oscar these days.
>>
>>64050936
only role i didnt like him in was wolf of wall street. just overacted the shit out of it. and the constant yelling, godamn i wanted gto smack the fuck out of him. everything else i think the dude was aces
>>
>>64049618
>>64050076
Most historical accounts are considered accurate because they're from reports of men of character.

Anyone who wasn't white wasn't human.

So raping a murdering indians was basically good fun.
>>
>>64048660

>unlikeable character
>barely has any dialogue
>doesn't "wow" the audience
>Isn't gay, handicap, mentally retarded, or based on anyone famous

Will not win the Oscar

Sorry

Watch "The Danish Girl" to see who will
>>
>>64048660
I don't think there was any other good movie out this year (the academy refuses to give Oscars to fantasy besides LotR, so no Star Wars). He has a high chance, but then again other actors were pretty good this year too
>>
>>64048744
>Leo has never felt pain

he feels pain everyday, he has a space on his shelf abpve his fireplace that is ready, waiting for the academy to let me bring the monument to myself home please academy I really tried on this and it's killing mee
>>
>nigga

why are you speaking in ebonics?
>>
>>64049178

CONFIRMED doesn't know shit about bear attacks

source: I live in the Canadian Rockies
>>
>>64053274
I know more than you, fucko

source: I'm a bear
>>
>>64049191

That's addressed, they're waiting on reinforcements.

Watch movie more gooder next time.
>>
>>64048660
funny
>>
>>64049291

He literally says, "...not gettin MY horse"
>>
>>64049291

the trappers/poachers couldn't take the horses with them, and if they left them, their pursuers would either use the horses to chase down the trappers, or sell the horses to buy weapons to kill the trappers

that scene really disturbed my wife more than the rapey scene
>>
>>64053307

Bear attacks aren't like in yer Falloutz where once your life metre runs out your guy goes, "Hooouuaghh" and dies
>>
>>64053449
fuck u nigga ima bear
>>
>>64053449
sorry dude, but he did say he's a bear and i for one believe him. he even confirmed it here >>64053905. youre just a dumb human like the rest of us.
>>
File: bait.png (26 KB, 527x409) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
26 KB, 527x409
Didn't read the rest of the thread.

Did anybody already point out that OP is man child who can't discern the difference between and actor and a character.
Leonardo Dicaprio did none of those things. The writers did, by creating that character and those events.
What the fuck does an actor getting an Oscar have to do with what tragic events that happened to the character he portrayed? Oscars are given to actors for portraying those events believably.

Did I just respond to obvious bait, or is OP actually Rupert fucking Pupkin and the reason people like Jack Gleeson can't stand tv/movie fans and the reason he left acting?
>>
>>64054429
Imagine if you were a human and you were trying to teach anyone how a bear would function.
>>
>>64048660
The Danish Girl fag will get an oscar once again, because you know...
>>
>>64056884
shut up already, /pol/. he won't
>>
>>64048660
shortcut to win an Oscar

>Be a kike
>>
File: 0654 - VOcxgCK.png (78 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
0654 - VOcxgCK.png
78 KB, 412x351
>2 hours 30+ mins
>barely speaks for most of the film
>only decent scene is when he gets rekt by the bear like 20mins in

pretty boring desu, since you guys all hyped it up so much i downloaded + watched it. If i wasnt a useless NEET id be pretty mad and want my time back.

have a frog
>>
>>64057066
ur a fag
>>
>>64048660
some stunning nature shots but it's like him crawling around 70% and then the rest is him hunting the faggot
>>
>>64049178

>he doesn't know Hugh Glass was a real person
>>
I really liked this film overall but I guess hypothermia wasn't invented back then.
>>
>>64049585
Its blatantly cgi..
>>
File: 1419658262581.gif (307 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
1419658262581.gif
307 KB, 300x199
>People think Leo is getting an Oscar for this artsy bullshit

Screen cap this. Leo will not be getting the Oscar for this movie. Maybe next time.
>>
>>64051679
This.

Trans flavour of the month.

Bonus points for when Tumblr complain a real trans actor wasnt used
>>
>>64057750
>Leo will not be getting the Oscar for this movie

No shit

He has no lines, this is in no way Oscar bait and anyone that has seen the movie realizes that
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.