[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
More morality shows?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: earl.jpg (185 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
earl.jpg
185 KB, 480x720
I am trying to find more shows and movies where the objective is to become a better (morality-wise) person. Those are the only types of shows that give me the feels anymore.

My Name is Earl
Groundhog Day
The Muppet's Christmas Carrol

Those all all Ive got. Would prefer comedies (non animated) but any input would be appreciated.

Thanks
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
>>64046809
>>64046879
The Family Man (One of my favorite Christmas movies)
Liar Liar
Big Daddy
What Women Want
The Gambler (Mark Wahlberg version)

Hope this helps friend
>>
Stop your search right now, these are usually twisted moralities inserted into a show to bend your morals to cater to the writer.

It is a ploy to use a show to vomit half-baked philosophy down your throat.

In your very example My Name Is Earl, he is a shameless cuckold who, well, that's almost his whole personality, he's a fucking cuckold and that's the show.

Is that the kind of self improvement you're shooting for?
>>
>>64046879
No, Shameless is not what I would call a moral show.
>>
>>64046809
its always sunny in philadelphia... wonderful citizens, doing amazing selfless deeds for the community.
>>
>>64046809
You mean a black and white "make it easy for me" spoonfed morality?
>>
>>64048097
It's not about following the morality of the show to the letter bro, it's about inspiring soul searching in your own life
>>
>>64048142
Did you tip your fedora when you typed that?
>>
>>64048097
I like to watch characters try. Morality, virtue, selflessness, love etc. etc. Are universal concepts understood by all.

I don't like the Earl character in the show. I would never want to be like him or ever have a beer with the dude (Earl not Jason Lee). However there are little bits that do actually inspire.

I'm not looking for self improvement. I just like shows that glorifies the higher traits of our nature instead of the worst (violence, lust, greed).
>>
File: derek.jpg (46 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
derek.jpg
46 KB, 500x281
anyone else?
>>
>>64048001
The Gambler huh.... Never seen that one. Thanks
Also never seen The Family Man

Thanks
>>
>>64048631
Never heard of it.
>>
>>64048691
netflix, check it out...i have no shame in saying, i teared up like crazy on the season finale. if you dont youre made of stone
>>
>>64048787
From the picture it looks like ole Ricky Gervais went full retard. Ill add it to the list tho.

Thanks.
>>
File: image.jpg (373 KB, 1200x927) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
373 KB, 1200x927
>>64046809
Look no further.
>>
>>64048852
he's mentally handicapped but they never specify what he has...but he's a really likeable character. very funny and emotional as hell.
>>
>>64048914
Good one, I had quit watching at the end of season 4, I'll start back up again.

Thanks
>>
Scrooged

It's A Christmas Carol with Bill Murray as Scrooge. Appropriate for the season and very much what you're looking for.
>>
>>64049049
Ok, I'll allow it
>>
>>64049049
yeesh, thats a negative man. could not like this. i tried
>>
Eastbound and Down
>>
>>64049165
You know I have never seen it, Heard it was funny. I'll check it out.

Thanks
>>
File: hqdefault-2.jpg (17 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-2.jpg
17 KB, 480x360
The train that kept on trucking.
>>
File: clark mockery.jpg (54 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
clark mockery.jpg
54 KB, 640x480
>>64046809
How can I suspend my belief and watch a show about a man trying to become a better person when the entire cast of My Name is Earl is a bunch of Xenu loving scientologists?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.