[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Rey protect BB-8 from that random scavenger? Do droids
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: bb8-robot-star-wars-episode-vii.png (280 KB, 736x387) Image search: [Google]
bb8-robot-star-wars-episode-vii.png
280 KB, 736x387
Why did Rey protect BB-8 from that random scavenger?
Do droids have feelings now in the disney trilogy?
>>
ReySue is the hero, didn't you get the memo?
>>
File: 1401724870257.jpg (37 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1401724870257.jpg
37 KB, 251x242
>what is saving the cat

shees, /tv/ sure is full of no-nothing plebes
>>
>>64046207
>Do droids have feelings now in the disney trilogy?
>Where the fuck was R2's original charisma coming from?
>What the fuck was C3PO's constant complaining?

fuck you
>>
>>64046385
droids are emotionless man-made objects
the fat guy offered her 60 portions and she didn't want to sell it for no reason at all
>>
>>64046428
personalities =/= emotions
c3po was programmed to be a whiny bitch
r2d2 was programmed to be a sarcastic piece of shit
>>
>>64046428
she probably realized how much more valuable and investment it would be to have a fully functional droid over a pile of shitty bread
>>
>JJ thought he could shoehorn in a le cute little droid babby for le fans and it would work just as fine

The entire appeal of R2 was the funny discourse with C3PO, I cringe everytime some mongoloid says his favorite part of TFA was BB8
>>
>>64046525
should be
>>64046440
>>
>>64046564
also humans can understand what droids say now
C3PO is now completely useless
>>
>>64046440
she liked BB-8. Just like Luke wanted to use R2 in IV

of course people attach to Droids if the have "personalities" and can even communicate you autist
>>
BB8 should get in faster in the X-Wing tbqhf
>>
>>64046683
Luke wanted to be a pilot so he needed R2
Rey has no need for BB8
>>
Because plot
>>
>>64046207
theres a good version of the movie out already if anyone wants to watch it, link swtfa.strangled.net
>>
>>64046207

BECAUSE DISNEY

do it for the children and the man-children
>>
She's an autist, so she developed a kinship to droids
>>
>>64046470
>c3po was programmed to be a whiny bitch

What purpose would that serve other than to annoy the fuck out of whoever owned him?
>>
Is this your first SW movie?
>>
>>64046725
i meant that when they asked him if he wants a better R2 unit he declined because he wouldnt trade R2 for the world

he got clearly attached to him
>>
>>64046762
It was designed by Anakin, whiny bitch is the only language he's fluent at
>>
>>64046207
She says that guy just steals other people's shit all the time, it's not like she's a droids' rights activist. She just did a small nice thing for whoever owned the droid but also was sticking it to the asshole that probably stole her power converters one time.
>>
>>64046762
anakin was always being bullied by greedo and other meanie aliens
he wanted someone to bully so he could feel strong
that's why he made c3po such a spineless motherfucker
>>
>>64046207
>why did rey save something she could have gotten 60 food portions for

gee I wonder anon
>>
>>64046826
she didn't want to sell it
>>
BB8 had more of a personality than Rey.
It's like pottery that the robot shows more emotions than a human.
>>
>>64046840
>why does he want this droid so badly?
>I might keep it for a while
>>
>>64046207
>Do droids have feelings now in the disney trilogy?

BB clearly looked disappointed when Finn said Poe was dead, and looked happy when Rey told it to come along, so I'm gonna go with yes.

Either way, BB-8 had a personality, and that was enough to make it endearing to Rey. It didn't need to have emotions.
>>
>>64046967
R2D2 has emotions too right?
I remember him being scared from the Jawas
>>
>>64046440
>>64046525
Having a companion, artificially intelligent or not, would be nice after years of living alone in the desert waiting for her parents that she hopes will return.
>>
>>64047026

Yes

it was weird as fuck how they portrayed BB8 like an emotive pet though, having conversations with the people and looking at them and shit
>>
>>64046470
>personalities =/= emotions
you see, this is how you confirm you're and autist bitch
>>
>>64047216
dummy
personalities aren't the same as emotions because droids are programmed to have a certain personality
that's why you never see c3po being brave or r2d2 not being an asshole
>>
>>64046207
This is like asking why someone would save a dog. A dog is just a fucking dog, it doesn't have complex emotions like humans. It "feels" simple emotions like happiness when it sees you or sadness when you go away. Nothing in the movies says that droids can't have simple emotions like this. Hell, R2 was in some kind of trauma after Ren killed everyone and Luke fled, hence why he was in low power mode.
>>
Why does everyone address him with the formal designation? Why not BB or B8 or something. New droids deserve nick names too.
>>
>>64047503
BB8 is easier to say than R2D2 I guess. You barely have to move your mouth, so there's no need to shorten it
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.