[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Disney reveals that this character is a female and is so
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 12
>Disney reveals that this character is a female and is so badass shes the main leader of the storm troopers and has a sweet looking cape
>feminists and SJWs rejoice
>movie comes out
>only purpose Phasma is given in the movie is to take orders from a superior white male, do nothing and look pretty and later gets held up at gunpoint by the comedy relief, betray her comrades like a coward, and afterwards gets taken care of off screen by being literally get dumped in the trash
>a no name storm trooper with a electric baton does cooler shit, has a memorable line, and serves more of a purpose than she does in the same movie
Where were you when feminazis got BTFO? I doubt they care since they now have greatest and most perfect jedi in the entire film series though, but its still funny how some morons are saying "No guy seriously, Phasma is totally going to get a bigger role in episode 8 and be the badass she was supposed to be in this movie.Disney said so!" or try to use the Bobba Fett being killed off in ROTJ excuse. Holy shit that denial.
>>
Where was I? I was watching the movie at my local movie theatre.
>>
File: Captain_Marvel.png (77 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Captain_Marvel.png
77 KB, 333x250
>>64045337
>sidecape
my dick
>>
Pretty lame character, actually. The only purpose of Phasma was to sell toys and shit.

But you already knew that, didn't you?
>>
>>64045337
>into the trash you go
>>
File: snow.jpg (37 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
snow.jpg
37 KB, 400x600
>>64045442
she's a big gal
>>
Yeah, it baffled me how useless she was, but then again, it's pretty obvious that she'll come back, isn't it?
>>
I'm guessing in VIII she will re-appear, with her armor wrecked up and unpolished, and try to get revenge on Finn.

You know, I can see her ending up a lot like the typical Gundam rival who sees themselves as the hero's prime rival but is never actually respected or treated as such.
>>
>>64045475
That's right, to make a brief appearance so they can say she was in the move and sell more toys and shit.

These movies are made for one reason, to make shit loads of money. They're not pieces of artistic merit, nor are they particularly well written. They're a slightly less obvious money grab than the Harry Potter franchise, just slightly, but that's mostly because of the age of the franchise.
>>
>>64045475
Why would the First Order even want her back? She betrayed them while not even being jedi mind controlled and got most of her subordinates killed. It would be cool if she became an outcast like Finn and vows revenge on him or in episodes 8 and 9 it becomes a running joke of her showing up and then being beaten by a main character off screen.
>>
File: 1411576881989.jpg (7 KB, 241x245) Image search: [Google]
1411576881989.jpg
7 KB, 241x245
>Femanazis get BTFO in Sicario

>Get BTFO in Star Wars

Is it happening /tv/? Is the pendulum finally swinging back?
>>
>>64045603
Why do you think that's the only way she'd come back?
>>
Feminists were not even remotely BTFO.

They got their independent, stronk, need-no-man self insert character with Rey.
>>
>>64045841
Because she was already treated as a joke in this movie and I doubt she'll get any screentime in the sequel other than shooting her blaster at the heroes and missing every shot.
>>
>>64045937

Just a reminder, Anakin did everything Rey did while only being 8 years old.
>>
>>64045337

>"Phasma is portrayed by Gwendoline Christie in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. The character was originally intended to be played by a male actor. However, Christie was cast in response to internet backlash against a perceived lack of female cast members."

what a wonderful SJW world we live in
>>
>>64046026
I don't think so.
>>
>>64046103
>maximuskekikus.png
>>
>>64045474
Is that a shoop? There's no way his feet are really that big
>>
File: 1450883979812.png (464 KB, 878x900) Image search: [Google]
1450883979812.png
464 KB, 878x900
>Captain Trashma
>>
I'm kinda Glad it didn't beat Jurassic Park.
>>
>>64046103
I prefer her played as a girl desu.

Doesn't really matter though because she's going to end up being a droid anyway.
>>
>>64046139
True, Anakin was 9 in TPM. But he was able to adequately fly a podracer (which humans weren't really supposed to do well for whatever reason), then later flew a starfighter and blew up a capital ship. He showed enormous promise with the Force at a young age despite being "too old" for traditional training. Rey is very smart with tech and ship systems, undoubtedly from her years as a scavenger. She must have known a bit about the Force and Jedi from the "legends" of thirty years ago, enough to know that hey a mind trick is a thing I guess I'll try it out since potato face told me I had the Force or whatever. Rey isn't a bad character, we'll have to see how she progresses in VIII and IX.
>>
>>64046026
maybe if he beat darth maul in a lightsaber duel after finishing his podrace match
>>
>>64045603
>She betrayed them while not even being jedi mind controlled

How do they know that?
>>
File: 1424204946146.jpg (59 KB, 504x504) Image search: [Google]
1424204946146.jpg
59 KB, 504x504
>>64046206
>tfw no SW anime that turns Phasma into a commanding tsundere loli
>>
>>64046294
He was able to use the force to hone his reflexes.

The star fighter was on autopilot to get him up there.

I don't remember him being a crack shot with a blaster without ever using it. Cutting lethal aliens in half with doors. Flying the millenium falcon, that he's never been on or in, through a star destroyer wreck. Then, mircaulously cut the engine at just the right angle to line up a broken turret, at a random angle so nignog can line up the perfect shot. Or using the force other than to pilot stuff.

Lets not forget that this one little piece of metal can unlock all the blast doors if we remove it. Lets not forget I fixed the falcon that i've never been on. I can sneak around this First Order base like a ninja.
Try again please.
>>
>>64046026

Just a reminder, Anakin was clearly stated to be born of the Force and the child destined to fulfill a years-old prophecy about bringing balance to the Force, and we knew in advance that he would fall to the dark side and become one of the most notorious Sith lords to ever live, while Rey was just a poor, Force-sensitive scavenger who was able to defeat a Sith apprentice only days after she believed that Luke Skywalker was just a myth.
>>
>>64046474
>Sith
Such a shitty concept.

I'm glad that the word was never used in TFA. One of the good things about it.
>>
>>64045528
Oh God, here we go again, mister whiteknight movie goer. Why don't you just find some Sundance message box and fuck right off. Just like any book, movie, TV show, product, it's all designed to make money. Cut your cock off you little shit for brains cunt
>>
>>64046368
I would think space nazis would be smart enough to put cameras in every important room of their facility, but then agian their main leader was an angsty sith loser that threw numerous angry autistic fits that usually ended up with him destroying their equipment I doubt it.
>>
>>64045528
Star Wars invented movie merchandise, fuckwad
>>
>>64046414
most of those aren't the reason she's a bad protagonist. the only very egregious thing to me was the mind trick scene. she wouldn't have been as bad if the villains were more menacing, but they weren't. an extremely competent protag VS unintimidating, overly 3D villains makes a movie that feels like a.. well.. disney movie
>>
>>64046583
If they had cameras they would have found Rey instantly instead of sending troops roaming the entire base
>>
>>64046642
That's not the argument. the argument was that Anakin did all the same stuff in EP1, which is obviously false.
>>
>>64046653
If they had cameras they would have found Luke instantly instead of sending troops roaming the entire base
>>
>>64046722
I think you mean Obi-Wan. Luke and co were in disguise until they rescued the Princess.

Then they were constantly in pursuit of them.
>>
>>64046681
anakin wasn't even the protagonist though, he was a plot device
>>
>>64046722
Yeah.
>>
>>64046765
That's not the argument either, try to keep up.
>>
>>64046753
Obi-Wan could just force chaff the cameras.
>>
>>64046722
>>64046753
It was also an elaborate ruse to lead the Empire back to the Rebel Base.
>>
>Return of the Jedi

Next movie

>He leaves

bravo
>>
>>64045475
I mean if you think logically she should have died either by bring crushed by the trash compactor or by being blown up when the planet got destroyed.
>>
>>64046784
what, you're just arguing about powerlevels? do you not see how retarded that is? fuck lucas for catering to the DBZ crowd with the midiclorian autism
>>
File: tumblr_nk7f7u0CpR1tiwa1fo1_1280.jpg (187 KB, 1096x1022) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nk7f7u0CpR1tiwa1fo1_1280.jpg
187 KB, 1096x1022
>>
>>64046897
No, that's not the argument either. It's the fact that Anakin doesn't do anywhere close to the amount of stuff that Rey does, as the previous poster claimed.

Also Midichlorians don't mean anything, Qui-Gon even says so. It's just something force sensitive people have in common, that's it. It's 'how' you can tap into the force, not what the force is.
>>
>>64046583
Why would they need cameras? It's a secret base with only completely loyal and brainwashed First Order members.

No one knew or expected they'd try to blow up the planet. Kylo assumed they were there to save Rey. Phasma assumed they wanted the shields down so they could escape once they saved the girl, and she knew the computer systems in that room were mostly automated. Any manual change would immediately alert the command center, which it did, and have them send reinforcements to take care of it. Phasma assumed incorrectly, that they'd make it in time.

>>64046681
Anakin did everything *except* fight a dark Jedi. It's a good comparison, because you'd have to be a complete moron to think that a girl growing up on a harsh desert planet by herself, who can clearly defend herself with a melee weapon, and has the full power of the light side of the force awaken within her, couldn't possibly fight off a Dark Jedi without full training who just took a fucking Bowcaster shot to the stomach and then a lucky hit to the shoulder.
>>
>>64046491
Oh, but it was used :)
>>
>>64046932
Thank you, Sheev
>>
>>64046932
fuark i wonder how many lateral raises he does

Thank you, Sheev
>>
>>64046932
Thank you, Based Sheev
>>
>>64046942
I'm sorry, I missed the part where he piloted the Millenium Falcon with ease, unlocked blast doors with ease, fixed a ship with ease and corrected the captain on how to fly the thing. Or when he was a crack shot with a blaster, despite never using one.

Or when he was sneaking around like a ninja. Or when he was mind tricking his captors. He only pod races, gets saved, shoots some guns in a star ship that auto pilots him up to the battle. Then he CRASHES it inside the trade ship and shoots some guns by pulling a trigger.

I don't think you can comprehend movies or things that characters actually do.
>>
>>64046219
Lol are you serious? This film is gonna blow Jurassic World out of the water by New Years.
>>
>>64046139
he did, remember that part when he beats darth maul
>>
>>64047047
I forgot the part where Rey destroys an entire fleet of enemy ships singlehandedly and then beat veteran pod racers after never racing before at the age of 8
>>
>>64046942
the problem isn't that jj didn't shove in enough plot reasons as to why kylo is gimped and the protagonist beats the villain, the problem is that it happened without the audience blinking an eye. kylo ren is an overly emotional, unintimidating pussy the entire movie and rey is hypercompetent and kickass strong womyn the entire movie. the average moviegoer would've been suprised if she didn't win
>>
>>64046970
Which scene? I really cannot recall the word being spoken at any point. Just dark side.
>>
>>64047131
He's raced a lot, and he's never even completed a race. This is discussed, and Qui-gon supports and guides him as well leading up to the race.

It wasn't single handed, there was a squad of fighters too, and as I mentioned before when he gets control of the ship he crashes it into the hangar. He didn't fly through wreckage to do an ultra cool 360 to line up nignog's shot.

He crashed inside and shot bombs inside of the ship and flew out. You're acting like he flew up there and single nonchalantly won the entire battle with ease.
>>
>>64047240
wow you're right. that's actually kinda funny that anakin has better character progression than rey. and yet the mindless fanboys will keep sucking disney off for a other 6 months or so until they can start looking at things objectively and realize how subpar everything beyond the superficial was regarding this movie
>>
>>64047047
Um...the Millenium Falcon is an old piece of junk freighter in A New Hope. You think 30+ years later it's somehow difficult to pilot? She grew up, alone, on a desert planet with nothing but a ship graveyard around her, and a small trading post which HAD THE FALCON SITTING THERE SINCE BEFORE REY WAS PUT THERE. The OWNER of the trading post and current owner of the Falcon, the SAME guy who "took in" Rey when she was dropped off (you can see his fat, alien hand holding Rey's as she cries and the ship flies away in the movie). So her new adoptive guardian owns the Falcon and you don't think, growing up around ships and scrappable tech, she didn't go in and learn everything she could about the Falcon in all those years? In fact, I know it's canon, because it's in the novelization. All of what I said. But you should be able to infer this from the movie if you're paying attention.

Anakin built the fastest pod racer ever constructed by 9, his own Protocol droid (most famous in the galaxy eventually) by 9, has been building and scrapping and fixing things all his life. He's great at everything he does.
>>
>>64047131
He doesn't even shoot down a fighter. He survives out of his ability to pilot stuff and that's it. He crashes, shoots a bomb and flies back to the planet.
>>
What cares about all that gender and race nonsense

I just want a fun space adventure with zany, lovable characters
>>
>>64047346
Sure man, she became a master pilot. I'm sure he let her take it out for a spin whenever she wanted, since he's so generous with food, or taking a droid by force, or giving her a place to live. I'm sure he was like, "Yeah, get in my ship and do whatever the fuck you want."

Oh, what you really meant to say is JJ is a hack, right?
>>
>>64047393
Did you got what you wanted?
>>
>>64047409
You can't fit all of that shit into a 2 hour movie, nigger. It's in the novelization for a reason.

She snuk in at night over the course of her entire life, and studied everything about it. She's also piloted plenty of craft over the course of her entire life, and knows the ship graveyard she flew around in, and inside the ships like the back of her hand.

If you notice at first, she sucked ass at piloting the Falcon, knocking shit around, destroying things, until she got the hang of it. She knew ALL of the controls, the mechanics, because of studying them and other ships, again her entire life, and knew the logistics of flying a spaceship. It's not hard to extrapolate that knowledge into eventually learning to pilot the Millennium Falcon, plus she was able to "fix" it so easily because she was witness to the modifications Onkarr Plott (the fat alien daddy shop owner) had put on the ship.

But yes lets make useless exposition in the movie and cut out things that will actually drive an audience. It's not like you can infer all of this by paying attention, or anything.
>>
>>64047525

Sort of
>>
>>64047346
>A Ford Model-T is a old piece of junk car, you think a teenage bum can drive it without any proper experience in a combat situation against trained drivers
>>
>>64046932
thanks sheev
>>
>>64047581
Except that teenage bum has plenty of driving experience, and knows the mechanics of that Ford Model-T in and out, and most of the mechanics of whatever vehicles the attackers are driving, also an extensive knowledge of terrain. Huge tactical advantages. Plus that Ford Model-T has a nice machine gunner position in the bed with a crack shot military trained black guy on it to blow those drivers away.
>>
>>64047550
So what you're saying is she's a Mary Sue that can pilot a freighter as if she's flown it for years, even though she struggles a little for thirty seconds in a high tense combat situation against trained pilots. How do you know the course of her entire life? What has she piloted? Why does she live like a bum? I'm sorry, none of this was in the movie. All that's implied is that guy owns the falcon, he's an asshole willing to get her killed for droid money. You don't even know he has the Falcon until it's time for them to get in it, or their relationship in the slightest.

The only thing you see her pilot is a speeder bike thing. Not a multi-crew freighter. Also, you should never have to read a book to watch a movie. So it's either Mary Sue, or JJ is a hack, pick one.
>>
>>64047688
I'm sorry, this driving experience isn't covered in the movie.
>>
>>64045475

It's obvious she's coming bacl, but what I don't get is how. Same with ren and most of the first order. After the star killer began exploding and ren vs rei was finished, rei was picked up by the falcon after finding finn and left with minutes to spare. Then it shows snoke ordering hux (?) to pick up ren and bring him to snoke. I doubt anyone knew where phasma was, and the star killer just sort of blew up with 0 signs of anyone but the falcon escaping.

Obviously everyone got away, but it was just done poorly.
>>
>>64047719
The problem is you think it's a grandiose thing in Star Wars to understand and pilot a starship, when it's actually pretty common knowledge. Especially to junkers. You act like she flew the Falcon very well. She got a lot of dings and scratches, was very wobbly and lost a lot of time on useless maneuvers, despite her brilliant ones through the graveyard.

But let's also ignore that she's Force sensitive as well and the Force *always* guides those who can feel it. Especially someone as special as Rey. We don't know why she's special, therefore literally not a Mary Sue, but she's special like Anakin was, so maybe she's Force-Born like he was.

Stop blaming everything on JJ like he had complete say. He didn't. Kathleen Kennedy has complete say. Bob Iger, has COMPLETE say.

Again, you can't fit all of this exposition into a 2 hour movie. Wait for the next two, then judge. We. Don't. Know. Yet.
>>
>>64045337
Feminists didn't give a fuck about that character.

The only character they gave shits about was Rei and Leia, and those are main characters at that who were given much better roles.
Phasma is but another shekel in the toy money mound, and everyone knows it.
>>
>>64047844
I agree. It's heavily implied they dumped Phasma in a trash compactor, so how the hell did she get out or communicate to her superiors that she was in trouble? And if she was able to do so in a timely fashion, why couldn't she alert the base that the shields are going down and she was taken hostage in the first place? It would have been character assassination if she had any established character at all. I think JJ or KK confirmed that all 3 big baddie (Hux, Kylo, Phasma) made it off Starkiller Base in time.
>>
>>64047938
JJ is a hack, got it.

>Can't fit in a line of dialogue to say I've been in this ship before
>I've flown this ship before
>I've piloted something before
>I've worked on this ship before
>I can fly stuff
>I've flown stuff my whole life

Literally two lines of dialogue clear this problem up, and piloting something IS a complicated thing since you need money to have a ship, or be trained to do it by a teacher/academy. Not a sand bum junking stuff out of wrecks.

Luke was a space redneck, he had his own ship and shot rats with it. That's a good enough excuse for why he can fly an X-Wing.

All they had to say is Rey parked this ship a couple of times. She can get from point A to point B.

Also, being a starfighter / pilot is a lot different IE combat situation, than just driving. There's a reason there is a co-pilot and two gunners.
>>
>>64046932
THANK YOU SHEEV
>>
>>64045337
>>64045368

Samefag.

When nobody starts a thread for which you've thought up a reply, that's not your cue to make it yourself.
>>
>>64047346
>Work in a junk shop as a slave
>Your boss lets you take some junk home
>You get some droid and pod parts but decide against building anything, you'll have fun playing in the sand instead

You're a faggot
>>
>>64048062
In the end they decided not to add any lines about it.

Didn't seem to hurt or harm it in any way.

Only in butthurt analysts like you who want to over-think things. You're supposed to be able to infer that she's well versed in the workings of ships, and the Falcon in particular. Maybe you don't like the order the information is given, because it's not linear and sequential, but that's your subjective opinion on the direction of it.

Keep in mind, it is still just a movie, give it a little slack. It's not reality, nor anywhere close.
>>
imagine if she was their instead of tl;dr with his shock baton she throws of her cape and calmly says traitor before charge at fin and without a weapon subdues him easily.
>>
>>64046932
Thank you, Sheev
>>
>>64048371
What the fuck are you even babbling about?

Rey wasn't a slave.
Rey didn't get to take junk home...she sold it for food to survive. She was waiting for her family to get back. She lives around scavengers and aliens who barely tolerate her. You think she could build anything, let alone a droid? It'd get stolen/destroyed/scrapped in days. She doesn't have a little carven out stone hovel to call home like Anakin did. He was a slave, she is a refugee waiting for her parents to return and take her with them. You, are a dipshit.
>>
File: punished TR-8R.jpg (197 KB, 1500x950) Image search: [Google]
punished TR-8R.jpg
197 KB, 1500x950
>>64045337
>TR8R will never get the recognition he deserves

A true human bean
>>
>>64048422
It's funny because the movie it blatantly copies has exposition for why characters can do the things they do and it detracts from the film. That's why there is a Mary Sue debate to begin with.

Look at some of the actual reviews of the movie, they say the same thing. So, instead of turning off your brain because 'lol movie', why not use it? Especially in a franchise like this, when everything they made in 77 was better than anything in TFA, a soulless blatant copy.

Instead of anything meaningful, you get randumb action, randumb nigger who has the most asinine backstory, Han "Marvel Quip" Solo, and nostalgia every chance you get to cover up this shitty film.

>It's in the novelezation

It's not in the movie, so it doesn't matter. It's garbage until a competent director gives it meaningful exposition, even if it's a simple as: I used to nail womp rats in my T16 back home.
>>
>>64048565
>Anakin built the fastest pod racer ever constructed by 9, his own Protocol droid (most famous in the galaxy eventually) by 9, has been building and scrapping and fixing things all his life. He's great at everything he does.

I see reading comprehension isn't your greatest asset.
>>
File: Dianoga-vodran.jpg (103 KB, 500x875) Image search: [Google]
Dianoga-vodran.jpg
103 KB, 500x875
I hope they do a spin-off comic about Phasma's adventures after she survived the trash compactor by befriending a Dianoga that lived in it.
>>
>>64048062
How about
>They wanted to kill me so they made me fly this piece of junk
>>
>>64048565
But yet she's a masterful pilot, crackshot with a weapon she's never used, knows the inner workings of all ships as you previously claim.

It seems that world she lives on is harsh, but it's nice enough to let you take a ship out for the spin to practice in your whole life. Which is it?
>>
>>64046932
>UNLIMITED
>GAINS
>>
>>64048674
But that's the black guys excuse for killing people he knew his whole life and betraying his whole upbringing.

And no, that doesn't cut it. Here's also another tip, most airplane mechanics are not combat pilots.
>>
>>64048651
You just KNOW
>>
File: Gungan_Sith.jpg (42 KB, 432x594) Image search: [Google]
Gungan_Sith.jpg
42 KB, 432x594
Does anyone actually believe Jar Jar is a Sith? Could reddit be right for once?
>>
File: omama.jpg (51 KB, 652x435) Image search: [Google]
omama.jpg
51 KB, 652x435
>>64046168
no, it's real i checked it on google
>>
>>64048795
>>64048651
Similar thing happened to Boba Fett, except he killed the sarlacc or whatever it's called.

But Phasma is a pretty princess, she can befriend animals.
>>
>>64048610
If by "blatantly copies" you mean "beautifully mirrors themes", you're right. If this were a stand-alone film and that adventure was all we saw of Rey, then you're right, she's a Mary Sue. Except it's not all we'll see, it's not everything.

>everything they made was better in 77
If you're talking about production quality, you're objectively wrong, despite George Lucas being an innovator and pioneer of special effects in movies. This isn't the 70s. Production quality is crisp, clear, beautiful, and top-notch.

All I'm reading from you is "stupid 4chan contrarian opinion this, ignorant hate-filled opinion that". Randumb? Really? Yeah the action sequences were so random. Nothing happened to cause them, people just fighting for no reason lolxdDDeee1!!111

Marvel Quip? Really? What the fuck does this even mean? You can't even explain your reasoning you just throw hate-filled general terms out to blanket a very complex thing with your asinine bullshit.

The only place you're brave enough to type this drivel is 4chan, because you know no one else agrees with you or listens to you anywhere else.

>needs a line of exposition to explain simple things
>>
>>64048835
Only reddit fags actually believe that
>>
>>64046103
>TFA casting wasn't based on idiotic SJW and multicult desries

Hmmm....
>>
>>64048721
>has to be one or the other

>>64048649
Yea you find me a 9 year old slave who is capable of constructing and repairing and piloting complex machinery. Better yet, I don't see any of those other kids in TPM who were cheering Anakin on building their own ship. Oh but they don't work in a junk shop, right so it'd be IMPOSSIBLE for them to do that.
>>
>>64046206
That's cute. I wanna chibi Phasma.
>>
>>64049036

>the Rebel Alliance in ANH
>95% white men

>the "Resistance" in TFA
>50% women, 30% white, ayyliens everywhere, looks like a liberal arts campus

What a time to be alive
>>
>>64049180
fag
>>
>>64049181
I don't think the addition of beings other than white males in media is a bad thing, but I think the rate at which they're being added, coupled with an obvious disdain and jealousy for the success of the white male, is a bad thing.
>>
>>64049180
Me too. She'd be just big enough to fit in my trash bin. But not big enough to be able to climb out of it as I throw cum-stained tissues at her at least once a day.
>>
>>64048980
How about blatantly copies the plot of ANH.

I'm talking over all film quality. Story telling, direction, atmosphere.

Compare stuff Han Solo says in ANH to stuff he says in ANH 2.0.

"Charging into that battlestation isn't my idea of courage. It's suicide."

"You'll find yourself floating home."

"Piloting a ship isn't like dusting crops boy."

"Stand by while I make the calculations to the jump to light speed."

to

"So, it's bigger."

"Can I try that?"

"Really, you're cold?"

"Sanitation!?"

There's plenty more. He was on autopilot, but because it's Indiana Jones, he made it work and carried this farce.

And I don't need any exposition. We want exposition, it's universe and character building. I know it detracts from the pewpew, but I like to get involved intellectually if the media allows it. Star Wars used to do that. I'm not asking for real scientific hard evidence, as I said exposition is good enough. Character and universe building.

But please, continue to turn your brain off. There's a reason there is a debate about Mary Sues, and when people compare that to Anakin or Luke it can be refuted. Rey cannot until her character is built, but instead we got randumb action and half of a Han Solo adventure movie.
>>
>>64049093
It's actually implied that they help him build it. If you worked with droids and junk all day, you would tinker or learn how to repair something. It's not like he built it in one day anon, and it's not like he has a lot of other shit to do.
>>
>>64049255

That's exactly how I feel. I'm all for fairness and a little more inclusion. But they went all-out with this one, and coupled with the Social Justice atmosphere in media these days it just sounds like they went all out.
>>
It's to hype her for spinoffs and other derivative works.

Every rando nobody in the castle bar scene has a name and a backstory already created by disney.

Basically they want the EUbuxx without letting in any outside creators to turn 2-second background appearances into full blown characters
>>
>>64049448
This so much. The quippiest thing Solo ever said was about Chewie ripping arms out of their sockets when wookies lose, floating home, dusting crops, or tauntauns smelling bad on the outside.

Other than a sarcastic grin, he was more of a suave antihero, not doing a Robert Downey Jr. impersonation
>>
>>64049093
He worked for a guy that made him race and fix pods and droids. Did you not watch the movie?
>>
Reminder TR8R was the traitor who let the shields down and Phasma was the one who died honorably before Disney stepped in and demanded she be in VIII and IX
>>
>>64045475
I thought she died when deathstar v.3.0 axploded/.
>>
>>64050283
They've actually already confirmed she'll be back in the next one. Although I agree with you, there is absolutely no indication she survived.
>>
>>64047688
>>64047581

>Comparing the Millennium Falcon to a Model T.

Fuck both of you. A Y-T300 is like a muscle car had sex with a space freighter.
>>
>>64049000
I think it could have been a part of George's original intention that he backed away from because he thought it would flop the Prequels in the sense of toy and merchandise sales.

I think it's a neat idea. It's one of the many versions of the prequels I might like to see never will.
>>
>>64049448
To be fair.. it kinda worked.

Han himself is burnt out and on autopilot since losing his son to the dark side and his marriage fell apart in the wake.
Thread replies: 117
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.