[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /tv/ Rian Johnson here, how can I not fuck up Star Wars Episode 8?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4
File: rian-johnson-star-wars.png (1 MB, 1200x674) Image search: [Google]
rian-johnson-star-wars.png
1 MB, 1200x674
Hey /tv/ Rian Johnson here, how can I not fuck up Star Wars Episode 8?
>>
By not directing it and bringing back Lucas you piece of shit.
>>
>>64043587
make luke black and transgender
>>
add a character whose sole purpose is comic relief
works everytime
>>
Make Kylo not as pathetic
Kill Rey
Give Finn more screentime
Kill Poe
>>
>>64043608
/tv/ will literally do backflips just to be contrarian
>>
>>64043587
Keep Jurassic World guy from directing the next movie.
>>
slave rey
>>
>>64043635
This. Shoot Colin Treverrow.
>>
Make the co-villain darth mauls son
>>
>>64043587
subvert our expectations. don't give us a reskinned ESB. don't give us breadcrumbs to follow, but legit answers as to who are rey's parents, who is snoke, etc. and for fucks sake, bring back Lando.
>>
>>64043615
>make them the key to all of this
>>
Make Rey go evil and make Finn a jedi.
>>
>>64043617
>kill poe
you can duck right off
>>
>>64043735
reverse that
>>
>>64043587
Listen to JJ

The worst thing he can do is put his own mark on it. I hate it when characters suddenly act different because they're directed/written differently. Like what they did with Cap in avengers.
>>
Kylo needs to figure out he's been manipluated by Snoke, and then betray him by the end of the movie and open his own evil front against both him and the Jedi, he also needs to BTFO someone significant to make up for losing to Rey.
>>
>>64043617
whoa no

Kill Kylo
Give Rey more screentime
Kill Finn
Let Poe bring more bants to the First Order
>>
the minute episode 8 will release it'll get over 99 percent on RT, be nominated for best picture, beat avatar and then /tv/ will post how they miss JJ
>>
Call it VII and start over again with decent plot
>>
>>64043635

Second this

Please kill that nigga. You seem to have some heart, Rian, but all I see with Colin is Disney's desire for more money.
>>
>>64043635
Thirded.

Please, Rian.
>>
>non rehashed story

>rey turns sith

>luke fucks some peoples shit up

thats all you gotta do senpai.
>>
>>64043657
>>64043968
>>64044015
all me
>>
>>64043635

this

what a bleak eventuality
>>
>>64043753

thered be no reason for finn to go evil. hes a nice person whos not force sensitive. itd make no sense. rey going sith makes perfect sense. extremely force sensitive, likely vaders grandaughter or palpatine relative, and shes already kind of a bitch
>>
Easiest Star Wars film to make, with all honesty.

TFA left everyone with blue balls. We don't know shit about what really happened to Luke's academy, Kylo and Rey. You've got Luke Skywalker back and you've got Kylo Ren with a huge scar on his face, Snoke, etc. Finn's return, Phasma's return (does anyone not expect that?), charismatic Poe Dameron, etc.

There is a billion ways to do it that could be interesting and it's going to do right no matter what.
>>
>>64043889

you want the least compelling character to have the most screentime? why? let me guess, shes your waifu
>>
File: image.jpg (243 KB, 819x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
243 KB, 819x1024
>>64043587
Set it several years into the future. Stage most of the movie at night, and pack it with weird metaphoric imagery and creatures.

Initially, were unsure of who is undermining the Republic, but later it's revealed that Kylo has brought Queen Leia over to the Dark side. She embraces her new monarchic role and cackles like a hag while challenging her brother to destroy her.

A hesitant Luke chooses to train Rey in an old Jedi temple, while simultaneously funding Poe's legionaries to defeat Kylo Ren. In the end, Poe's legion goes up against the Knights of Ren in arena combat, and Leia is strung up and left to die. We see some indication that Luke has received word of this from someone within the Order's base.

It is at this point that Rey disobeys Luke and chooses to abandon her training. She rushes to a distant planet and witnesses her mother (Leia) tied up by the Republic/Legion. A dying Leia then seduces Rey to the dark side, and she kills a vast number of Republicans. A distraught Poe is barely able to flee and make contact with Luke.

At this point, Luke's only hope is to get in touch with his son General Hux via hologram, convincing him to abandon his decade-long undercover status within the First Order. Hux intends to leave for Rakata Prime with his fiancé, yet Kylo confronts him before he successfully extricates himself.
>>
>>64043608
/tv/ is the most disgusting board in this wretched place. I know most of it is just ebin memeposting, but the fact that some people are defending Lucas and prequels (which nearly destroyed the franchise) just to shit on the new movie is absolutely pathetic.

TFA is not a masterpiece, but it's light years ahead of the fucking prequels in absolutely everything.

Poe and Finn had a better and more developed relationship in 15 minutes than Obi-Wan and Anakin had in 6 hours. Lucas is piece of shit writer and director, and the prequels looked like PS2 CGI cutscenes. Fuck you.
>>
>looper
>brotherd bloom
>brick

so why do you guys have any faith in this hack again? he hasnt made a single decent movie
>>
Bring Back Mara Jade as Luke's Wife.
>>
the empire recovered DNA from the sarlaac pit and used it to clone Bobba Fett with all of his memories.

Pissed that Kylo Ren robbed him of his revenge on Han Solo, he takes a bounty job for him to track down Luke Skywalker by following Rey, but betrays Kylo and helps the Resistance out of respect for the one adversary he truly respected
>>
>>64043587
Make Kylo and Rey have heterosexual sex in the missionary position for the sole purpose of procreation.
>>
>>64044368
>he fact that some people are defending Lucas and prequels (which nearly destroyed the franchise)
>this nigger never saw the prequels earnings or the merch earnings
>nearly destroyed
>earned billions
>destroyed
>billions
Who's memeing who?
>>
>>64043587
Just have Luke Skywalker wreck someone's shit up.
>>
take star wars into new territory
build on kylo's ascetic mysticism and tie the events of tfa to him changing into what we see in viii. he cannot be the way he was in tfa anymore
make the armed struggle between the first order and the resistance tactical. this is done visually, at most only minimal dialogue is needed.
no people randomly running around
no craft randomly flying around and somehow lasting a long time. no bullshit half assed contrived story of there being some problem set up to have solutions easily available to the characters
make the whole galactic struggle more of an esoteric thing, there's obviously the group wanting control and the group wanting to maintain the status quo but the story should include a hidden context, that's probably just me but it's the only way i can make sense of the weight that a few peoples' journeys have in relation to the whole galaxy.
snoke's involvement in the story should be something completely weird and new.

my gripes with tfa is that it tried to fit in things that weren't necessary maz. the rathtars while hyping up certain ideas then not following through with something grand.
no more callbacks.
appealing to kids isn't hard since all that's necessary is good imagery used well on screen.
character interaction on screen has to make sensemisuse of phasma, the stretch of finn deserting and turning so easily, poe surviving and escaping, everything about maz kanata katana whatever the fuck her name is
>>
>>64044312
>Each film kills off a different member of the original trio
I dig it
>>
>>64044505
>The prequels were so good Lucas had to sell the IP and can never touch another Star Wars movie again

Nice. Me.Me.
>>
>>64043587
Nobody will even mention the director for episode 8

who the ruck is ryan jackson
>>
>>64044573

guy made brick and looper. hes a small time shit director
>>
File: rey.png (121 KB, 321x294) Image search: [Google]
rey.png
121 KB, 321x294
>>64044194
first half of the movie with rey was fine, you fucker
>>
>>64043587
Some flashbacks to Darth Plagueis (Snoke) teaching his apprentice, Sidious. That would be a cool little snippet of info
>>
>>64043917
underrated post dessu sempaii
>>
>>64044402
>best episode in Breaking Bad

Fucking nigger, shut up
>>
>>64043617
Kylo's fucked. He was made to look like the worst and weakest villain ever. They forced the Han being his daddy relationship so fast that it felt awkward. There was no back story flashbacks, no build to how he became Kylo Ren, nothing. And no, small mentions of it are not the same. His only back story was, "Yeah, he is my son and Luke kinda made him evil." They need to kill that bastard off and make his death a launching point for a threat. Can't bear another movie with this weakling.
>>
>>64044967
>I am unable to understand metaphors/allegory
>everything must be explained to me in black and white with no hidden meaning or I can't understand it
>>
>>64045048
pretty much this. the anon is a fucking retard that needs everything to be spoon fed to him
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.