[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Scott Pilgrim good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8
Is Scott Pilgrim good?
>>
its fun
>>
>>64042325
a bit too SJW for my taste senpai
>all those females and shitskins

no thanks
>>
>>64042325
Yes, if you're a hipster.
>>
>>64042325
nah

nah

>>64042396
pmt, a bazinga tier hipster
>>
>>64042378

what shitskins?
>>
File: 1450870874035.jpg (7 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1450870874035.jpg
7 KB, 250x250
>>64042325
"i'm a nurd XDDD bazinga"
>>
>>64042414
Matthew Patel?
>>
No, its like 5 hours long. Its torture.
>>
>>64042431

hes in the movie for literally less than 5 minutes,
>>
>>64042414
I can see 2 chinks/gooks/japs/whatever, 1 curry nigger, 1 kike and 2 vaginas on that poster.

Well, at least there's no niggers. Seems to be too much to ask for these days.
>>
>>64042426
what character says this in the movie? been a while since i watched it
>>
>>64042504

so every movie should be straight white males then
>>
File: 1443535685407.webm (3 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
1443535685407.webm
3 MB, 1920x1040
nice butt
>>
I don't like movies where Michael Cera is depicted as a stud that women actively crave.

I mean, in real life, he might be because of movie star status, but there were like three girls who were implied to be love interests for him and it was weird with him being all Michael Cera-y.
>>
>>64042781
Yeah, this bugged me
Everyone goes on about how 'Michael Cera was so perfect for the role', but wasn't Scott Pilgrim supposed to be an attractive asshole? Like a chad sort of character, but not so attractive that the exes weren't better
>>
>highly stylised fight scenes that have zero danger or tension
>le edgy self aware meta humour
>basically just a shitty love story involving self obsessed assholes no one could possibly care about
>>
they actually managed to make mew look average

fucking shameful
>>
It's pretty lame. In the comic Scott is really a piece of shit manchild and that's the point, in the movie he's lol so randum XD
>>
>>64042325
It was cheesy as fuck and aimed at the type of doofus who shops exclusively at Hot Topic
>>
>>64042857
Who even gives a shit?

The source material was trash anyway, nothing was lost from not sticking with it.
>>
>>64042325
Twilight for boys.
>>
>>64042857
>Everyone goes on about how 'Michael Cera was so perfect for the role',

Everyone? Like who exactly? The most common opinion was to dislike Cera.
>>
>>64042325
It's okay, but it holds a special place in my heart because I fell in love with it when I was eleven and I thought it was the the coolest shit I ever saw.
>>
File: MEW Scott Pilgrim 1.webm (3 MB, 1920x1040) Image search: [Google]
MEW Scott Pilgrim 1.webm
3 MB, 1920x1040
>>
>>64042653
Yes.
>>
>>64042378
>movie takes place in Toronto

Makes sense at least
>>
>>64042325
Yes, but people will call you reddit if you agree.
>>
>>64042705
Have you seen the fappening leaks? Her body is shit. I lost all interest in her movies after that.
>>
>>64044543
Fuckin' sa--wait, 11? When the fuck did this movie come out?

>2010

Dear lord, almost 6 years ago.
>>
>>64044636
U shut ur whore mouth
>>
>>64042325
biggest pile of garbage that a bunch of people recommended to me. i have no idea how this shit is even watchable.
>>
It's enjoyable if you're able to shut off ur brain and stare at the pretty pictures.
>>
>>64042325
I found it to be really boring. I think I laughed (maybe) once. Two of my friends walked out the cinema when we went to see it. The only good thing about this movie is Mary Elizabeth Winstead.
>>
>>64044636
Really pretty girls tend to have average-tier bodies. Usually have pigeon tits too.
>>
it seems stupid and gay
>>
It was better than watching the grass grow, what i dont understand is why they used retro vidya shit for the movie.
>>
File: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Butt.jpg (475 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
Mary Elizabeth Winstead Butt.jpg
475 KB, 2048x1366
Her ass is fine.
>>
>>64042496
Hahaha
>>
The movie is pretty good but starts to drag in the third act.

The comics are pretty good but the first two issues kinda suck.

The video game is fantastic.
>>
>>64042705
MUH
>>
>>64045999
would spank into submission
>>
>>64042325
Fedora handjob material
>>
>>64044543
underage b&
>>
>>64046063

The videogame was so fucking good man, I really wanted it to be longer
>>
>>64046234
>that fucking soundtrack
Yeah, I wish it was longer too, but for a four player beat em up it was pretty solid. Didn't overstay its welcome, had varied stages and bosses, and had a nice extra boss fight too.
>>
It's good, the comics are better.
>>
File: debbieschlusselfoxsmaller.jpg (72 KB, 254x251) Image search: [Google]
debbieschlusselfoxsmaller.jpg
72 KB, 254x251
>“Scott Pilgrim vs. the World“: More like me versus my urge to walk the heck out. Guess which one won? Well, after forcing myself to sit through 1.5 hours of this, my feet did the talkin’.

>Michael Cera stars in one of the most pretentious, stupid, too cute movies I’ve seen in recent memory. He plays a band member who falls for a girl but first must fight off each of her seven “evil exes” with magical powers before he can win her as his. And I’m making this sound far more exciting and interesting than it is. It’s supposed to be a “fantasy comedy.” But it’s neither fantastic, nor humorous in the least.

>Instead, it’s boring, appears to be written by a two-year-old, and I just couldn’t take it. The teens and 20-somethings who watched it in the audience at the late-night show I attended laughed non-stop at what was not funny and just plainly stupid. I felt like I was in the audience of “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.”

>This is a national IQ test for teens and 20-somethings. If you like it, you fail. And sadly, far too many of them will. I predict it will be a hit. Because our next generation of American adults are mostly slackers and selfish morons. Hate to be a pessimist, but this garbage and the hype over it (the movie name is atop Twitter as I write this and has been for weeks) confirms my diagnosis.

>THREE MARXES

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/25844/weekend-box-office-the-expendables-eat-pray-love-scott-pilgrim-city-of-your-final-destination/
>>
It's an Edgar Wright movie - what do you think?
>>
File: scottpilgrimV3_8.jpg (350 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
scottpilgrimV3_8.jpg
350 KB, 900x1350
The comics are about 100 times better
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.