[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The fan rating of 92% I can understand, but 95% Critics Rating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 3
File: untitled.png (419 KB, 933x554) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
419 KB, 933x554
The fan rating of 92% I can understand, but 95% Critics Rating (92% Top Critics) ? Is there a more obvious case of bought reviewers?
>>
>Is there a more obvious case of bought reviewers?
The fact that Vatican (which has the most patrician taste in movies save for Shiller's list) rated it "mediocre at best" is the best proof of that.
>>
>>64042317
>When you ask a friend if Hellboy is any good, you're not asking if it's any good compared to Mystic River, you're asking if it's any good compared to The Punisher. And my answer would be, on a scale of one to four, if Superman is four, then Hellboy is three and The Punisher is two. In the same way, if American Beauty gets four stars, then The United States of Leland clocks in at about two.

-Roger Ebert
>>
>>64042408
Which would mean the next line, were he alive today would be

>so, if empire is four, and all of the prequels are 1, TFA is a solid 3, right next to a new hope.
>>
>>64042317
Not that I can think of. This happens all the time for Disney though.

Look at Fantastic 4, vs the Avengers on Rotten Tomatoes. Now realize that F4ntastic is shot like a movie and Avengers is shot like a rejected TV pilot.
>>
>>64042317
>Can't into RottenTomatoes
It means 95% of critics liked it, and 92% of users who rated it on the site liked it. The actual ratings from critics was 8.3/10, and 8/10 from users.
>>
>>64042444
nope
TFA is the worst SW movie by a country mile.
>>
>>64042460
Fant4stic is so fucking awful, so, so fucking awful, beyond words.
>>
>>64042444

Except not all the prequels are the same. Sith was better than TFA in my opinion. Actual original plot and real emotional weight. I liked the new one but the only time I felt anything in TFA was when Han died.
>>
>>64042479
Haha bigger death star right? Upvote for you good sir!
>>
>>64042467
8.3/10 is still too fucking high for this movie. even legitimately great crowd pleasers usualy only get like 7.5 on average
>>
>>64042479
mm, both the prequels and TFA have major flaws and some perks. It's ok to dislike both, for different reasons.

You don't necessary have to be on one team or the other. We don't need another console war.
>>
>>64042481
It is. So is The Avengers. That's the point. Each one is putrid in different ways.

>>64042523
>if I mock the glaring problems, they don't exist.
>>
Perhaps you know, people liked the movie?
>>
>>64042589
Same guy again. That's fair, I just enjoy the preqyels much more than TFA, but that's of course subjective.
>>
>>64042600
No I totally agree with you! I can't believe they killed the WISE MENTOR CHARACTER again??? What were they thinking?
>>
>>64042444
Ebert loved the prequels though.
>>
>>64042646
I understand and i see why. I was very disappointed at TFA, but everytime i dare to say something negative i get dragged down in "le contrarian meme" and "so you must like the prequels" bait
>>
>>64042521
>Except not all the prequels are the same.

A four star system can't account for variances between 0 and 30%
>>
>>64042646
you're fucking retaded
>>
Average rating 8.3/10 I'm fine with that

The fresh score is a stupid way to rate movies
>>
>>64042690
Because there's really no way to defend the prequels apart from either contrarianism or mental damage caused by seeing them at a young age.
>>
>250 million budget
>350 million marketing campaign
>paying millions for people to shill it on 4chan
>paying people millions to go watch it on opening night
>paying millions for critics to give it a good review
>paying millions for people to give it a good audience score

how will Disney ever be able to make a profit off of this garbage?
>>
>>64042710
>retaded
poetry
>>
>>64042738
Toys
>>
>>64042737
nope
They are great movies and you can't change that.
Have a (You).
>>
>>64042728
This guy gets it.

I don't know why idiots on here care so fucking much about the Tomatometer.
>>
>>64042677
Most people forgave a lot of the problems with the prequels while they were happening because they weren't following a standard hollywood structure.

We didn't realize the truth till after sith. That lucas wasn't following formula not because of an active rejection of formula, but because he simply didn't know how.
>>
>>64042776
because it looks like it's validating their positive opinion about the movie.

And need someone else to tell them it was good. Which it wasn't
>>
>>64042738
4chan shilling is free since everybody watches this shit.
I already paid 1000$ in toys since the buyout.
>>
>>64042800
>first paragraph
yes

>second paragraph
shill get out
>>
>>64042738
To be fair, all the internet stuff is automated at this point. Or china.
>>
>>64042444
I agree. I also think a lot of you are expecting something different. TFA felt like a Star Wars movie to me and met my expectations. A lot of you are like the Zelda fans that keep asking for some grimdark future setting with an old warrior Link.
>>
>>64042743
ooooh he spelled a word wrong, fuck off ya cunt
>>
>>64042460
>>64042317

Has there ever been a more obvious case of denial?

Lmfao F-A-M, please consider suicide to soothe your ass blasted selves.
>>
>>64042317
>People still don't understand RT rating system

It's not fucking difficult.

TFA is an inoffensive, decent movie. So most will just say it was good, and it gets a positive rating. Same with most marvel films.
>>
>>64042829
What am I shilling?
>>
>>64042863
You type like a nigger?
Are you a nigger?
>>
>>64042863
You can say senpai baka, the cool filters are gone.
>>
TFA got 95% because the prequels
>omg so much better than the prequels. Thumbs up.
>at last a sw movie similar to the OT... I love it!!!
>>
>>64042869
The lie that George was rudderless.
You can't watch RoTS and say he didn't know what he was doing. It's a great wrap up and bridge to the OT.
>>
>>64042919
this forever
>>
>>64042317

Of course they were all bought. Disney has the money for it. They'll be making billions for years to come if TFA starts off decently. From ticket sales, blurays, merchandise, toys etc. They can spare a few millions to buy themselves the good reviews.
>>
>>64042864
Well, RT is kinda designed to make sure as few users as possible understand the rating system.

The BIG GIANT NUMBER next to the GIANT BRIGHTLY COLORED HIGH CONTRAST FILLING BAR then tiny low contrast numbers with stuff that doesn't seem to mean anything because LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BAR HOLY SHIT ITS FULL AND READ
>>
>>64042935
>You can't watch RoTS
Yea, i'll agree with that.

>so luf have blineded u
>>
>>64043000
good meme
good trips
>>
>>64043000
>noooooooooooooooo

>you now realize the plinkett voice is an imitation of the "nooooooo" at the end of rots
>>
>>64043038
You do realize "meme," by definition, is any communicable idea, right?
>>
>>64042919
Yes, this was a major boost for this movie

Remove Star Wars from the title and it would have been classified as mediocre and forgettable
>>
>>64043069
I see you're still sticking to the fantasy that 'capeshit' will die in your lifetime.
>>
File: animu face.jpg (76 KB, 379x345) Image search: [Google]
animu face.jpg
76 KB, 379x345
>>64042317
>the contrarian buttblasting continues

kek. now make a thread about how RLM sold out.
>>
>>64042317
How many times do we need to go through how RT works on this board? It isn't saying critics give it an average rating of 95%.
It's saying that 95% of critics (87% of top critics) reckon it's worth paying money to see.

Their average rating is 8.3/10, which is higher than I'd give it (7/10 is fair, I think) but not outside the realm of sanity.
>>
>>64042317
Its a good movie that keeps you entertained throughout. Its not the most amazing movie in the world, but its enough to get a positive review from most people.
>>
>>64043064
Yes. The communicable idea here being that the prequels are bad, and that that scene is bad.
>>
>>64043097
I'll give (You) a (You), so (You) don't have to.
>>
>>64043129
>love has blinded you
>not terrible

You're either trolling or the prequels damaged your brain.
>>
>>64043093
show me where in those 2 sentences there's any reference to the average marvel movie

Can people be possibly more salty than this? Some people though TFA was garbage. Get over it. Your life goes on
>>
>>64042563
not really. The average movie goer isn't that hard to please. Seems normal that one as calculated as TFA is to please as many people as possible would have 8/10 ratings from casual movie goers.
>>
>>64043170
Explain why it's objectively bad.
>>
>>64043107
At least one more time.
>>
>>64043189
Because its the type of thing only a deranged autist would come up with, thinking its creative, because hes never actually heard people interact.
>>
>>64043189
thats not how people talk to each other. It felt like he was just trying to force this romance on us by giving us cheesy romance dialogue.
>>
>>64043129
And you told me it was a good meme. Meaning its a good idea.

So its not to know we're in agreement that the prequels were bad and that scene was bad.
>>
>>64043178
that 8.3/10 is from the critics m8.
>>
>>64042710
ah, another brainless consumer of children's movies. Perhaps you'd prefer a safer space, such as /co/ or reddit?
>>
>>64043266
The entire franchise has a history of that. Fischer being completely unable to say the lines written when she sees tarkan, and having to go through 50 odd takes before she could stop dying of laughter.
>>
With mega movies like that its entirely different scale

98-100% is good
93-97% is okay
92 and below is complete shit

Just look at Avengers for proof of this
>>
>>64043272
Did (You) really think that this post was clever when you typed it out?
>>
>>64043294
>implying the prequels aren't children's movies
>>
>>64043343
There's some truth to this.
>>
>>64043343
>>>/v/

hollywood isn't quite to IGN review levels yet.

A bland and inoffensive movie is nowhere near as horrible as a bland and inoffensive game, because the former is passive entertainment, requiring nothing from a person to get through it.
>>
Rotten Tomato's is based on positive vs negative and not rating, so its not hard to believe.
>>
>>64043391
That wasn't the implication tho
>>
>>64043375
Its okay, you don't have to hide it.
>>
>>64043437
Just let it in :^)
>>
File: untitled.png (409 KB, 933x554) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
409 KB, 933x554
>>64043428
>>
>>64043780
Yes, and as discussed is this thread, that is unreasonably high.

What is your point?
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.