[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Qui and Obi vs. Maul is still the only fight in the prequels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: Dotf.jpg (371 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Dotf.jpg
371 KB, 1600x1200
Qui and Obi vs. Maul is still the only fight in the prequels I actually liked. It has the perfect combination of score, choreography and setting. Even as a little kid, I always felt disappointed when no other fight from the prequels measured up to how great this one was.

Outside of my only flaw with it being how Maul doesn't just Force Push Obi-Wan off the thing he's hanging on to and decides to just throw sparks in his face like a dumbass, the fight is pretty much flawless. I always wondered why it felt they never got it right after this.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
>>
what the fuck is that moan obi wan does when they enter the purple room?
>>
People on /tv/ shit all over the part with the laser walls but I thought it was the best thing about the fight.

Qui doing his meditating while Maul stares at him and Obi too far away too help was great before the duel resumes really ratcheted up the tension
>>
File: 1340024279611.gif (454 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1340024279611.gif
454 KB, 500x282
>>64039018
>>
File: 1348621445705.jpg (20 KB, 299x358) Image search: [Google]
1348621445705.jpg
20 KB, 299x358
>>64039018
HOL UP
you mean they weren't really hitting each other? seriously? I thought star wars was real! fucking dropped!
>>
>>64039269
>maul spinning his hand around, building up a force wall
>quigon fully aware
>lets his padawan take the hit
>goes in for the attack
>>
>>64038977

In before 'muh realistic swordfighting' fags swarm in this thread
>>
>>64039355
it was a good way of demonstrating the difference between the Sith and the Jedi in terms of their attitudes as well

Qui is very patient and collected while Maul is visibly impatient and fueled by anger

Obi Wan, however, is somewhere in between. He only seems to be patient because there's no other recourse.
>>
>>64039601

friendly reminder its bullshit Obiwan was so fucking old as a padawan and he should have been a knight in the first one.
>>
>>64039018
They create an illusion of fighting through choreography, dumbass, you're not meant to watch it super slo mo with red arrows pointing out every time they didn't actually hit each other.
>>
>>64039843
Nonsense, kid.
>>
>>64039018
So they don't actually hit each other?

NO SHIT.

What a stupid video.
>>
Fight would have been better if the set up was better thought out. Obi-wan and Qui-gonn just kind of split up from the rest of their group to go fight Darth Maul in some reactor room they just kind of end up in.

I also hate the fact that the fight is just moving from location to location with no real reason for it. The move from the hangar, to the weird reactor room, to the top of the reactor room, to some odd, uh, pit room? A pit room with multiple laser shield doors that just turn on and off at regular intervals I guess. It felt completely contrived.

I'd also argue that it drags a bit, but that might just be a problem exacerbated by the fact there's like four different endings going on at once. It might not actually be that long if I watched just he lightsaber fight clips.
>>
>>64039843
Knights have apprentices.

Obi-Wan gains knighthood by defeating Maul and taking Anakin as his apprentice.
>>
All the prequel duels sucked, too much spinning and jumping and other sfx bullshit
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.