[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>british actress, british accent in TFA >british actor,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
File: John-Daisy.png (199 KB, 500x322) Image search: [Google]
John-Daisy.png
199 KB, 500x322
>british actress, british accent in TFA
>british actor, american accent in TFA

So why did they force Boyega to have an American accent again?
>>
to give bed shitting retards on 4chan another thing to complain about
>>
>>64036144

Because he tried finn's character with a british accent and it sounded dumb
Boyega says this himself on the graham norton show
>>
>>64036144
Attracting the urban audience.
>>
Sophisticated SW (imperial officers, jedi etc) characters have british accent
Comic or "badass" SW characters have american accent
>>
>>64036144
so amerifats don't realize that every decent actor is actually british
>>
>>64036144
I really, really want to see these two fuck.
>>
>>64036186
this, plus his natural voice is deep as fuck and much less comedic than the accent he used.

all the hate for TFA has basically killed /tv/ for me. fucking faggots cant even enjoy good movies anymore.
>>
>>64036234
This.
>>
>>64036211
>>64036211
>>
>>64036144

Graham Norton asked him and he said JJ thought it didn't work for him and asked him to do an American, and since he did it well they stuck with that
>>
>>64036234

/tv/ was already dead as far as legitimate film discussion goes
it's only good for baneposting and sheevposting
>>
>>64036211
she friendzoned him big time
>>
>>64036144
Boyega was the worst part of the movie.

Such a bad decision.
>>
>>64036278
>Implying

TMZ reported they were dating during filming
>>
>>64036234
>>64036267
Then fuck off reddit
Do us all the favour
>>
because hollywood stereotype signals goes as

>male with british accent = villain
>female with british accent = capable and mysterious
>>
>>64036234
>different opinions trigger me

Fuck off to your safe space then plebittor
>>
>>64036664
>implying the scatology fest that took over /tv/ is deemed as "different opinions"
>>
>>64036655
I don't get this. In the OT the first person who speaks is 3PO, in a British accent, and he's a good guy. All the storm troopers + Vader who board the ship are Americans, Leia also speaks with a British accent in the opening scenes. Then Obi Wan is British. Who exactly is British and a bad guy in that movie? I'm not a native English speaker and it was only recently that I learned that in SW all the bad guys were supposed to be British, but when I thought about it there seemed to be a mix, and if anything it's the other way around in ANH.
>>
>>64036144

To appeal to the "urban market".
>>
Because the bad baddies in Star Wars have English accents, whereas the good guys have American ones. Giving Finn an American accent makes him more sympathetic, even though he was a "bad guy" at first. Same goes for Kylo.

And you may be asking why does Rey have a British accent and that's because British accents also convey power, and being such a Mary Sue, Rey has all the prestige she can have.
>>
Because Finn was supposed to be a fuck up retard and an American accent makes sense for this, Rey was supposed to be based as fuck so her English accent worked for that
>>
Because only americans can be black
>>
stormtroopers have American accents
>>
>>64036740
In the OT sheev and Tarkin are british and in the PT sheev maul and dooku are, so basically all the main bad guys apart from Vader are british.
>>
>>64036205
makes sense actually
>>
>>64036186
>Because he tried finn's character with a british accent and it sounded dumb

there is literally no reason for it to sound "dumb" 64.1 million people of all walks of life talk with that accent

unless the jews are trying to portray a specific image for social engineering purposes
>>
>>64036932

This.

Stormtroopers always have American accents.
Imperial officers always have British accents.
Sith always have mid-Atlantic accents.
>>
>>64036144

Some Black American audiences are intimidated by the accent, just like their white counterparts.

It doesn't tick as many demographics boxes to let him do his own accent.
>>
>>64036144
BECAUSE TWO COCKNEY CHAV BONGERS OI'ING AT EACHOTHER WOULD MAKE THE MOVIE EVEN SHITTIER

THAT AND DAISY RIDLEY IS AN EVEN WORSE ACTOR THAN BOYEGA SO SHE COULDN'T PULL OFF AN AMERICAN ACCENT EVEN IF SHE TRIED
>>
ITS TO SHHOW THAT EMPIRE/FIRST ORDER ARE METAPHOR FOR USA
WAKE UP SHEEPLE
>>
>>64036740
all the bad guys are british sounding in Empire though, and now that I think of it Tarkin was pretty posh in A New Hope so theres that I guess. Basically low level storm troopers and helmeted guys with lightsabers are american and the guys in officer uniforms are british.
>>
>>64036740
To Americans, English accents sound sophisticated. Basically any non-Chav goes up a social class when he goes to America.

Sophistication can cut both ways. You can be the hardass imperial administrator or the wise old man.

Neither, you'll notice, are protagonist material. It's kind of like the Magical Negro thing, except with Brits.
>>
File: scotland.png (333 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
scotland.png
333 KB, 720x304
>Han Solo! You're a dead man once we get back to Scotland.
>>
>>64036144
Finn's character was supposed to be kind of funny, and his actual accent is too posh for that
>>
>>64037714
posh accents can't be funny?
>>
>>64037414

it was a chav british accent, impossible to take seriously
>>
>>64036234
It really wasn't good. I get that a lot of /tv/ posts are just contrarian shitposting, but the movie was mediocre. A rehash for nostalgia treats isn't good filmmaking. It's mediocre and forgettable and you should know that.

If you want to compare it to the typical Marvel capeshit film or movies like Jurassic World/Transformers, sure it was definitely better. But that really isn't saying much. I don't understand how you morons think anyone who was disappointed in this film is some kind of autistic shitposting troll.
>>
>>64037860

It was only a rehash in the most superficial sense, all of the new characters are NEW characters, they react to the situations differently and have their own arcs that were different to that of luke/han/leia/vader in ANH
>>
File: 1450886930500.gif (75 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
1450886930500.gif
75 KB, 180x180
>>64036636
>us
lol kill yourself "LE SEKRIT CLUB" faggot
>>
>>64037685
This guy seems so familiar, who the hell is he?
>>
>>64039000
Young Otta from The Last Kingdom. At least that's where I know himm from.
>>
File: 1421858047973.jpg (33 KB, 493x276) Image search: [Google]
1421858047973.jpg
33 KB, 493x276
>>64037414
>64.1 million people of all walks of life talk with that accent
>there is literally no reason for it to sound "dumb"
>>
>>64036234
>WAHH THEY DON'T LIKE A DUMB BLOCKBUSTER AS MUCH AS I DO

you literally are a mindless consumer, have little to no self-awareness, and are emotionally a child.

You can't handle other people not liking a stupid fucking space movie. So, I imagine you DEFINITELY will never be able to get a real job or talk to a girl who's not remarkably ugly either. All of these things require a certain level of self-awareness and maturity.

This is ultimately all rhetorical. You sound hopeless and should just fuck off and stick to comic books and video games.
>>
>>64037414
You seriously think everyone in Britain has the same accent?

Fucking hell, some cities in England have multiple accents.
>>
>>64036600
>implying

Source or get out with your cuckhold fantasies.
>>
>>64036144

>American franchise
>British actors

USA BTFOOOOOOOO
>>
>>64040405
Is that a testicle?
>>
Because Americans aren't good with proper chav accents
>>
>>64036144
Because chimney sweepers are stupid.
>>
>>64036144
Because men with british accent sound like pussies
>>
>>64040456
You actually typed out that dribbling tirade for free, haha did it really trigger you that much?
>>
>>64036144

You ever heard a black British guy speaking?

"AWITE INNIT BRUV"
>>
>>64036234
>>64036254
how new are you faggots? please leave
>>
>>64040723
>bruv
>not senpai
>>
>>64040723
>OI YOU WANT A HALAL CHIMNEY SWEEP, IMAM?
>>
>>64036804
>To appeal to the "urban market".

What is the urban market?
>>
>>64040769

No, thats a Paki. A black guy would have said "I'LL FUKIN MERC YA BRUV".
>>
>>64040652
what's it like being so emotionally fragile, and knowing you'll never do anything worthwhile? I suppose you have to live in near complete delusion that you're not a hopeless manchild.
>>
File: louis-ck.jpg (67 KB, 558x750) Image search: [Google]
louis-ck.jpg
67 KB, 558x750
>>64036211
>>
>>64036804
"urban market" once stole my tv so I guess they like movies
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.