[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
To those of you that believed that the new SW movies should have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: 360.jpg (17 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
360.jpg
17 KB, 360x360
To those of you that believed that the new SW movies should have been based off of the Expanded Universe, let me introduce you to the "sun crusher."

This ship is an extremely powerful superweapon of Death Star scale. In fact, its dwarfs the death star, being able to take down entire solar systems. It's torpedo shots are able to send a star into supernova, and it is pretty much indestructible. It is around 13 meters. Smaller than the Millennium Falcon.

>The young Kyp Durron, now a Jedi adept at Luke Skywalker's Jedi academy at Yavin IV, yet unable to control his hatred of the Empire and influenced by the ancient Dark Lord Exar Kun, retrieved the Sun Crusher from the depths of Yavin. He then destroyed the Cauldron Nebula along with most of Admiral Daala's fleet.
After Kyp Durron destroyed the Carida system, Han Solo and Lando Calrissian came looking for him and chased Kyp to the Core Systems, where they found that he had also destroyed a major starship construction yard and a weapons depot with it. Han then found Kyp and distracted him while Lando attempted to shut down the Sun Crusher. However, Kyp used the Force to restart it and threatened to destroy the Millennium Falcon with one of the supernova torpedoes. At this moment Exar Kun was destroyed by Kyp's fellow students and Kyp realized what he had done and surrendered to Han. To redeem himself, Kyp had to destroy the Sun Crusher. He destroyed it during the Battle of the Maw, where it was sucked into one of the Maw's black holes along with the Death Star prototype. Kyp survived by escaping in a message pod, though he suffered serious injuries in the process. Durron used the Force to slow himself almost to the point of suspended animation and crammed himself into the tiny message cylinder.

Luke continue to train him afterwards, despite him killing billions on a whim and causing mass destruction.

This shit is pure autism, don't get me started on the Vong
>>
File: 340-2.png (110 KB, 273x340) Image search: [Google]
340-2.png
110 KB, 273x340
Oh god I hate sun crusher so much

What a fucking lazy design too
>>
You know what would be hilarious? If somehow it was Lucas who was responsible for all the EU shit like Sun Crusher and created it solely to troll and start shit among SW fans who spited him since RotJ.
>>
nigga i ain't reading all that
>>
>>64033430
>In fact, its dwarfs the death star

Pretty sure the Sun Crusher wasn't nearly as big as the Death Star.
>>
Looks like an ice cream

Is the EU really that bad? Because this sounds terrible and lazy, like some fanfiction written by a 13yo fat comic books fan
>>
>>64033654
It wasn't. It was nowhere near the size of the Death Star. It was the size of a starfighter.
OP can't even do his research.
>>
>>64033735
No there are some legitimately good things about the EU like the Rogue Squadron Books
>>
>>64033654
>>64033814
I'll take "People who don't know the difference between literal and figurative language" for 1000, Alex.

Hey stupids, he says it's 13 meters TWO SENTENCES LATER.
>>
>>64033834
Shadows of the Empire is undeniably good even if Dash Rendar was just Han Solo 2.0
>>
>>64033894
OP's a retard and so are you.
>>
>>64033495

So which part makes it able to blow up solar systems?
>>
Scientists build Suncrushers.
Niggers build Deathstars.
>>
>>64033834
>>64033907

ACTUAL GOOD SHIT FROM THE EU MASTER LIST:

-Rogue Squadron series (first 4 novels)
-Shadows of the Empire
-Thrawn trilogy (most of it)
-Darth BANE?! novel (is that still canon?)

...shit that's not as much as I thought it would be
>>
>>64033894

Found the autist!
>>
>>64034002
The missiles it fires. The only thing that makes the ship itself special is it's "indestructible". Such that dumping it in a cluster of black holes is the only way they can think of getting rid of it.
>>
Apparantly this thing appeared in 24 books
>>
Actually I'm trying to decide if this is any more retarded than yet another Death Star.
>>
>>64033430
>don't get me started on the Vong

Everyone always rambles about them.
What's their deal?

What I collected is "Giant FUCKOFF army out of nowhere, they're immune to the Force, Kill a shitload of established canon characters", but nothing specific.
>>
>>64034152

This. How is startkiller base not the most retarded thing ever?

-it's a giant canon built into a slow planet
-powers up by sucking fire from suns
-easily defeated by putting a few explosives around an unguarded oscillator thing
-blowing up the oscillator blows up the whole planet
>>
>>64034199
My guess is their resemblance being something like a space orc and looking so out of place in the SW universe. They sounds pretty cool IMO, just really out of place.

Mind you, I've never read a single EU novel, just going by speculation I've read on here.
>>
>>64034199
Nothing about them fits into the Star Wars universe. They're like something from Warhammer 40k. That was kind of the point, since they're supposed to have come from another galaxy, but it made them grating and jarring to read about.
>>
>>64033654
It dwarfs the death star in terms of damage done. Read the next 8 words.
>>
>>64034264
Probably didn't help that nobody really seemed to take the Starkiller seriously, outside of the brief moment when they compare its size to the Death Star.
I kept thinking back to how crazy Alderaan getting rekt was. "As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced" and then the Falcon flying into what was left of it. It felt like the Death Star was the real fucking deal.
Starkiller wipes out five planets at once and nobody seems to really give a fuck. Even when the Resistance base is targeted the situation just doesn't feel as urgent. All of that just makes Starkiller seem so much less interesting/terrifying than it really should be to me.
>>
>>64034460
It's not even five random planets either, it's the fucking CAPITAL OF THE NEW REPUBLIC. We don't even see the Resistance panic, despite the fact that one of the major powers in the galaxy has essentially had its head cut off.
>>
>>64033430
Those of you who believe in the new sw movies, let me introduce you to the new death star 3.

It is super good and can kill star systems. However it can still be blown up by an x wing.

How about that .
>>
Chewy died being crushed by a moon.
Well that's one way to go out
>>
>>64034516

>30 years after death star
>no one has counter measures for planet destroying missiles despite knowing the starkiller base exists
>>
Lak Sivrak and Dice Ibegon
>>
>>64034653
More heroic than getting shanked by your retard edgelord son.

Jacen is also better since he went dark side out of love, not because he was an edgelord.
>>
>>64033735
>Is the EU really that bad?
Does a shitty superweapon mean that all of Episode 4, 6 and 7 are shit? How retarded are you?
>>
>>64033430
but we DID get the suncrusher anon :)
its name now is starkiller base.
>>
The Sun Crusher was shit and everybody hated it 20 years ago

In fact most of EU was shit but the part that was good was far better than anything JJ can come up with.
>>
>>64033735
The Vong man. You have no idea
>>
>>64034051
First Republic Commando book
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.