[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SPACE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 21
File: space.jpg (1 MB, 2947x1481) Image search: [Google]
space.jpg
1 MB, 2947x1481
Which is objectively the best?

Rank them from best to worst.
>>
>>64032467
M >> I >>> piss >>>>>> G
>>
>>64032586

that was quick. /thread
>>
>>64032586
true, but the martian and interstellar and really really close in my book
>>
>>64032467

Interstellar was the best, Martian was pretty good but kind of stupid, Gravity was literally just lensflare in space the movie.
>>
>>64032467
m>g>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>literal shit>>>>i

if you enjoyed being talked down to and ''"science"'' dumbed down and explained enough for the mouth breathing masses to feel smart then boy you'll love interstellar
>>
all are a disgrace to kino
>>
interstellar>>>>martian>tolerability>gravity
>>
Interstellar >>reddit the movie >>>>>>paint drying >>gravity
>>
>>64032467

Who cares? 'Space' films were perfected with 2001 and these are all shit compared to that unqualified masterpiece.
>>
Despite all the shitposting Interstellar really was a great movie all around.
The Martian was "alright" but not as grand or impressive.
Gravity was cool but nothing more than special effects masturbation.

I >>> G > M
>>
>>64032995
Solaris > 2001
>>
>>64032959
>Interstellar >>reddit the movie

But Interstellar IS literally reddit:the movie. They consider it one of greatest things ever created (not having seen a single movie made before Nolan started directing that is)
>>
>>64032586
This
>>
This even a question?

In terms of visuals, Interstellar, Gravity, Martian.

In terms of Story, Interstellear, MArtian, Gravity.

In terms of soundtrack, Interstellar, Gravity, Martian.

In terms of acting, Interstellar, Martian, Gravity.

Overall I'd rank them Interstellar, Gravity, Martian. I prefer story, soundtrack and visuals over stupid meme jokes.
>>
>>64032914
this desu

the martian is a typical 2015 6/10 reddit movie, and it only leads this list because it was sort of well done and wasn't desperately trying to be 2001: ASO

interstellar was nolan going for too much and not knowing his shortcomings

gravity was cuaron and his kid trying to merge 2001 with apollo 13 and jacking off for a few hours

they all suck to different degrees and im tired of watching the sci-fi genre get slowly ruined by these fucking facsimiles and imitations that are really dramas set in space with sci-fi elements.

anyone who really enjoyed any of these three needs to pack their shit and get back to reddit or better, just pull the trigger
>>
>>64032467
Interstellar>The Martian>Gravity

Interstellar used laws of space that haven't ever been used in other movies before. It is BY FAR the most emotionally savvy movie of the three. The score paired up with a few scenes were amazing when I watched it in theatres.

The Martian was... OK. I mean... I never felt any danger for the Matt Damon or Leonardo di Caprio (referencing to how he looked in his beard). It was just... Ehh. It wasn't that emotional. It wasn't that much of an adventure. Hell, with the soundtrack and lines like "I'm going to have to science the shit out of this", I would have thought I was watching The Martian featuring Chris Pratt.
>>
Apollo 13 > All

Props to Ron Howard for going for every technical detail.
>>
>>64033246
Yeah this. Gravity was just annoying apart from the scenes with based Clooney
>>
>>64033062

You replied to my post. Solaris is fantastic as well. I am assuming you are referring to the Russian original and not the remake.
>>
Moon is better than all of them
>>
gravity was good,
interstellar was shit
haven't seen DUDE SCIENCE LMAO yet, but I can tell it's shit.

Gravity is just the superior movie.
>>
File: mpasunshineposterb.jpg (163 KB, 1000x1469) Image search: [Google]
mpasunshineposterb.jpg
163 KB, 1000x1469
Thread soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b5ueiALdB0

>>64033283

When I was watching Apollo 13 all I could think of the entire time is how much I want someone to adapt Martin Caidin's novel Marooned.

Now that is some serious hard sci-fi.
>>
I don't care what anyone says. The Martian was fun as fuck.
>>
>>64033079
This is the real /tv/ speaking.

I don't know what those first fucking redditors are doing here, praising fucking Martian meme movie which was awful and stupid.

Interstellar was the best because, despite its flaws, it is still a decent movie with an interesting point of view on the human condition, what we could do to survive, and muh love (yeah that ruins it a bit)

Gravity is still better than the Martian because it doesn't have ridiculous memes, and the sole reason /tv/ disapproves is because it's a chick flick in space.
>>
File: 1450144727953.jpg (99 KB, 550x822) Image search: [Google]
1450144727953.jpg
99 KB, 550x822
Galaxy was by far the shittiest, and having a female lead didn't help it either.

The Martian, it was good, but there were so many instances that irked me.
>hurr durr, by definition, i just colonized mars
>hurr durr im a pirate
>LOL! YOU LEFT ME TO DIE! HAHAHAHAH HILARIOUS!
>let's risk 5 of us for this weedbro faggot
>LOL, I JUST SCIENCE THE SHIT OUT OF THAT@@!!
>donald glover the token black scientist using a super computer and is a super nerd has saved the day
Though, my favorite part of the movie was Mindy Park, she was super cute with that platinum blonde hair.

Intersteller. My favourite out of the 4. It was the most epic (im using the term correctly, not the shitty meme) and emotional out of all of them. It felt like a journey. Can't really say anything else, it was just good. Been a while since I've seen, but I don't think there were any shitty puns and DUDELMAO scenes like the martian.
>>
>>64033594
inb4 4, sorry.
>>
The Martian was fucking dogshit.

All the 'science' was mary-sue duct tape bullshit, and the flick had almost zero emotional or intellectual content.

Interstellar might have been pants on head retarded, but at least it was creative, and pulled at your heart strings.

Gravity wasn't really my thing but I acknowledge it's merits.

I
>>
Interstellar was a sci-fi masterpiece
>>
>>64033594

>super nerd has saved the day

Nigger, that's science. Super-nerds are always saving the day.
>>
>>64033683
>mary sue

JUST

FUCKING

STOP

AUTISM
>>
>>64033579
Too be honest I've never understood this "redditor" thing with the Martian

Are people not allowed to make jokes in their video diaries? Comedy is a way a lot of people deal with the fact that they're in a shit situation

Damon plays a character who's actually a human being
>>
>>64033819
Problem is, he wasn't a human being, he was a run of the mill reddit fag.
It's not an issue of humor, but what kind of humor it was, and what kind of audience was its target...

Plus, he showed practically zero angst or any real emotion other than its perky joking self, when the situation was that he was isolated and about to die for a myriad of reasons in a very hostile environment. Does it check out with reality?

It was like watching Dora the Explorer in space. From time to time he talked to the screen expecting the audience to cheer for him and give him tips!
>>
File: pleb patrol.jpg (71 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pleb patrol.jpg
71 KB, 500x500
>people actually liked Interstellar
that movie was pure dogshit
>>
>>64032467
Interslellar - 8/10
The Martian - 6/10
Gravity - 6/10
>>
>>64035054
Hating one of Bravo Nolan's masterpieces.
>>
Gravity - Competently made so by no means a terrible movie, but not very interesting, either visually or thematically. Performances weren't all that either. For me this is one of those films I have absolutely no intention of seeing again.

The Martian - The memes are pretty silly, but even if you removed all the cringey bits, the film isn't all that much better. Half of the time you're listening to Damon's character explain what is happening or what he's about to do. This may work in a novel, but it just makes for a terrible film. There is also vrey little tension or suspense in the film, or reason to care about anything that happens.

Interstellar - Sure it has its flaws, but it's a visually outstanding film. Its story was extremely unique and imaginative, and throughout it the characters actually develop and have arcs! You can't help but feel the suspense and tension of the action in the film and immerse yourself into the development of the characters within the story. Just overall a very well made film. I don't understand all the hate it gets, even ignoring all the LOVE bullshit that seems to trigger people really hard.
>>
>>64032467
They are completely different movies. It's just silly to compare them.
>>
>>64035158
forgot to greentext
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 470x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 470x350
>>64032467
Pic related is better than all 3
>>
>>64035205
this. thank you.
>>
Interstellar > G >>>>> Sucking Elon Musk's and all of reddit's smelly dicks
>>
The martian is supposed to be a mix of comedy and drama, are you retarded? How the fuck can you count every scene with a joke and say it sucks. What exactly were you expecting? Some advanced science stuff, awesome epic space battles? This is not that kind of a movie, there is not much point even in comparing all of them. For what it is, the martian is an excellent movie.
>>
>>64033291
agreed. i'd watch a movie with the clooney character in the lead instead of sandra bullock (sjws don't hurt me gender is not the issue it's their charisma).

When she has the hallucination chat with him in the pod after he came back from space death, i really thought that the movie was about to pick up again and get better, but then it didn't. I actually fell for it the first time i watched it, but looking back now it was obvious.
>>
File: 1429385332777.jpg (60 KB, 540x579) Image search: [Google]
1429385332777.jpg
60 KB, 540x579
Dr Miller, I'm NASA
>>
>>64033594
>Though, my favorite part of the movie was Mindy Park, she was super cute with that platinum blonde hair.

odd, that part annoyed me the most because when reading the book, the last name "park" ingrained her in my mind as a kawaii korean waifu character and seeing generic blonde trollop #59208 play the part pissed me off.
>>
>>64032467

The Martian might be the most forgettable competently-made movie I've ever seen.
>>
>>64035584

It's not even the most forgettable this year. I watched Legend yesterday and outside of Tom Hardy and Eggsy from Kingsmen I already forgot 85% of the movie.
>>
>>64035161
>I don't understand all the hate it gets, even ignoring all the LOVE bullshit that seems to trigger people really hard.

from what i can gather, reading reviews and shitposts and talking to people, 2 things mainly trigger people. First is as you mention, the "LOVE=MAGIC=Plot resolution" thing which i admit is a bit weak and makes the movie stumble in the latter third, but still overall not that annoying, love is a real emotion and the movie did a good job of hitting you hard with pathos in the right places. This is also probably why you hear about it so negatively, not everyone can relate to the emotional angle that the movie is playing at, and in that case, it just comes off as especially cheesy and a handwaving solution to the end of the film. I watched it with friends at the cinema who are "loner" types and "kissless virgin" etc, and they hated it, absolutely hated it, but people who have children, or have had loving relationships, etc, enjoyed it.

the second thing people hate on it for is the whole "inaccurate science" thing, which i find silly considering this is a work of fiction whe are talking about, not a documentary, but i can see how some of the leaps in logic might be immersion breaking for some.

and then there's the typical nolan "plot advances without 0 explanation or reason" that he loves (how did batman get back to gotham? how did they have everything ready for coop to pilot when they didn't know he existed before he found the compound? type of stuff), though most people that hate on this are generally just Nolan naysayers in the first place. Mind you, i'm no Nolan cockrider, but those choices in storytelling don't bother me.
>>
>>64032467
moon
>>
martian was really bad
>>
File: 0888 - npeCU5Y.jpg (40 KB, 515x496) Image search: [Google]
0888 - npeCU5Y.jpg
40 KB, 515x496
>MARTIAN TORRENT FINALLY OUT
>HYPE

HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO HARDCODE SOME SUBS FOR THE ASIAN PARTS HOLY SHIT
>>
I never saw Gravity but the Martian was pretty shit desu. Interstellar was flawed but entertaining.
>>
>>64035445
>I'd watch a movie with the clooney character in the lead instead
Then go watch (play) The Dig
>>
interstellar = 4chan
gravity = tumblr
martian = reddit
>>
>>64032467
Gravity was a genuine thrill ride and entertaining experience

the others are indulgent trash
>>
File: image.jpg (71 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71 KB, 640x360
>>64032467
Armond White has a point in his Ex Machina review.
So many scifi movies aesthetics are so heavily inspired by 2001 space Odyssey and alien. All those three movies, moon and Ex Machina are all competently made but they are all just rushing in for leftovers. They all don't bother to make their own truly unique identity and instead pay homage to older scifi movies which in turn make them inferior.
>>
>>64036179
How the hell do you make a completely original sci fi now? There has been so much done in the last 100 years. Originality is a pointless argument, everyone is influenced by something else. Any idea you think of has already been done in some book or TV show or whatever.
>>
>>64036486
Scifi should technically be the most original genre.
Most other stuff like drama have already been rehashing itself since ancient Greece
>>
>>64032467
But you already did
Gravity > Interstellar > The Martian
>>
>>64036895
That's true but it also shows originality isn't a factor at all, apart from blatant copying.
>>
>>64036149
Sandra Bullock having a panic attack for an hour is thrilling?
>>
>>64035205
THIS
>>
>>64036912
agreed
>>
>>64032467
I > G = M

I'll never understand why anyone thinks M is a good watch. Boring shit, but not that much worse than G.

I watch movies to be entertained, and I did the best job of that.
>>
Why does /tv/ pretend to like shit movies?
>>
>>64039547
>pretend
>>
>>64032467
Martian>Gravity(if you see it in a theater or if you have a really sweet set-up)>Interstellar
>>
>people actually rating interstellar
what happened to this board
>>
>>64039795
Also, none of these movies are very good.
>>
the only good thing about interstellar was the soundtrack
>>
>>64039806
Interstellar had the best memes
>>
>>64033425
>is how much I want someone to adapt Martin Caidin's novel Marooned.

You do it then ya lazy fuck.
>>
>>64032467
I>>M>>>>>>>>>>>G
>>
File: xLaUx.jpg (20 KB, 313x470) Image search: [Google]
xLaUx.jpg
20 KB, 313x470
>>64032467
Interstellar, of course
>>
File: space-1bvupE.jpg (249 KB, 1314x1600) Image search: [Google]
space-1bvupE.jpg
249 KB, 1314x1600
Am I the only person on /tv/ who really enjoyed Gravity?

Granted I've only seen it once, and that was on a fucking huge IMAX 3D screen, but it was a great experience. Almost like a thempark/simulator ride thing. Fuck the hate. It done what films are intended to do - entertain.
>>
i liked gravity. the martian and interstellar had really dumb things in them.

overall interstellar>gravity>>>>>the martian
>>
Martian because it's like Apollo 13
Interstellar was a tryhard and worst Nolan movie (except of Inception)
Gravity was just shit
>>
Interstellar>Martian>Gravity
>>
>>64039978
>Interstellar was a tryhard
all nolan movies are tryhrad
>>
>>64033300
the russian original was boring and tiresome because i am too american to understand the plot, 2001 was THE SHIT THOUGH MURICA fuck yeah
>>
>>64039967
>it was a great experience on IMAX3Dâ„¢

but it was a shitty, boring as fuck movie with only the visuals standing out. but those can't be substitution for plot
>>
>>64032467
Plebs - Gravity
Normal people - Interstellar
Redditors - The Martian
Contrarians - Moon
Patrician - Dracula 2000
>>
2001 > all
>>
>>64032467
Gravity is fucking horrendous.
>>
>>64032467
Martian >>>>>>>>>Interst...>Gravity
>>
>>64035381
>The martian is supposed to be a mix of comedy and drama

Like every movie, you mean?
>>
>>64040027
dracula is fucking garbage

you're just saying that film for hipster cred
>>
>>64032467

Gravity was complete shit.

Interstellar was a mess.

The Martin was solid.

Literally Left < Center < Right
>>
>>64032467
Moon > Interstellar > The Memeian > Tolerable Gap >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gravity
>>
>>64035161

>Nolan films

>Visually outstanding

Maybe if he hired a real editor, and said real editor was on set at all times asking him what the fuck he was thinking as he blocked shots.

There is a scene in Event Horizon where Sam Neil explains wormholes by folding a paper and poking a hole in it.

We have the same scene in Insterstellar.

In Event Horizon it is clearly shot and communicated to the audience.

In Interstellar it's like watching a Michael Bay film have an epileptic seizure.

Nolan is a fucking donkey who is the visual equivalent of a kid with a stutter trying to rap while loaded up with ritalin.

Dis
Gusting
>>
>>64032922
Word. People who memehate Nolan are dumb.
>>
"I'm gonna have to science the shit out this."

Mark Wahlberg, The Martian
>>
File: 1228158686146.jpg (41 KB, 640x616) Image search: [Google]
1228158686146.jpg
41 KB, 640x616
>>64040192
>Moon

Why do contrarian retards think this absolute shit of a film is anything other than trash?
>>
>>64040259
>contrarian
no u
>>
>>64040229
>In Event Horizon it is clearly shot and communicated to the audience.
It was in Interstellar too, maybe you're just to fucking dumb to understand.
>>
>>64040024
>but it was a shitty, boring as fuck movie with only the visuals standing out. but those can't be substitution for plot

Why not? Every film should be a unique experience. If this one was just a visual experience, but one that was very entertaining and enjoyable to watch, then what is wrong with that?

I like variety. I don't feel the need for every single film ever made to try and be some kind deep, cerebral piece of art.
>>
Interestellar is a better film, but the Martian is a better science fiction film and since i like scifi over cinema

Martian >>> Interestellar
>>
>>64032467
Martian is the worst of the three by a long shot. It's like if someone condensed fedora sweat into ink and wrote the script on printouts of the front page of reddit.
>>
>>64040279

No. It was punctuated with multiple edits and the main important element, the poking-of-the-hole was off camera.

The guy is literally more visually incompetent than Paul W.S. Anderson.

You should go back to reddit where your idea of a well directed film is something that looks impressive in 30 second TV spots.

Shame
Ful
>>
Interstellar >>> Gravity >The Martian
>>
>>64040313
So you're a retard that struggled to understand the simple concept? Got it.
>>
>>64039967
The sound and camerawork is what made the film such a stunning experience at the cinema. The movie itself is for the most part visually driven and i imagine most people wont enjoy following an astronaut trying to get into a spaceship for 20 minutes. The explosion effects and tension are more effective inside a cinema. That's why some critics went gaga for it, they appreciated the visual storytelling and technique for an action/thriller movie, same reason why Mad Max is getting so much acclaim . It's a well crafted film built upon a very simplistic structure.
>>
>>64032467
none are great, the Martian is the best shot and has a good plot

interstellar is fucking awful but visualy stunning

gravity is a shit screen saver.
>>
>>64040354

No. You can understand the concept because, like in all of Nolan's films, he has a character explain it slowly and in great detail via robotic exposition.

Again, it's not my fault if you're a retard who enjoys the cinematic masterworks of a director who literally has characters sit down and explain the sub-text of a scene to the audience.

I guess thinking, let alone attempting to understand basic cinematic grammar, are things you find distasteful.

Too busy practicing memes you can repost to r/4chan I suppose.
>>
>>64040282
>the Martian is a better science fiction film

Based on what
>>
>>64040368

>sound and camerawork

>camerawork

It was like 90% animation. Who gives a shit.
>>
>>64033079
>prefer story, soundtrack, and visuals

>picks nolan nonsense, hans overdramatic same shit irrevelant to story meme, 70mm tarantula space meme over cuaron's simple yet powerful make sense stories, fitting musical score that fits with the story, malicks visuals

holy shit kid. youre retarded and b8 as shit.
>>
>>64040404
We get it, you're a retard that was left upset and confused at a simple explanation of wormholes.

Also:
>the poking-of-the-hole was off camera

Not only are you a retard, but a retard that is incorrect; the worst kind of retard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MywwqjqKF6Y
>>
File: fooking wot.jpg (28 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
fooking wot.jpg
28 KB, 768x768
>>64040492
>cuaron's simple yet powerful make sense stories
>gravity
>make sense story
>>
File: what are you doing nigga.jpg (10 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
what are you doing nigga.jpg
10 KB, 247x248
>>64040493
BTFO!
>>
>>64040492
kek you're stupid to understand metaphors. You really are a fucking retarded downsyndrome fatass neckbeard
>>
>>64040430
The sets were mostly CGI but the camera work is obviously very present.

As for Interstellar it's more of a traditional epic, very large in scale and more focused on the story and characters, a far more powerful film outside the cinema than Gravity is. I think both got something special to offer, one in terms of sheer camera and sound technique, the other in terms of spectacle and storytelling. I think out of these Interstellar will age better though.
>>
>>64032467
Interstellar > The Martian > Star Wars Holiday Special > Gravity
>>
>>64040891
>I think both got something special to offer, one in terms of sheer camera and sound technique, the other in terms of spectacle and storytelling.

This. As I wrote above, it's good to have variety with films. Not every single film has to try and tell a story the same way. The visual way that Gravity did it was a pleasure to watch.
>>
>>64033136
this
>>
>>64033062
i've alwais tought original solaris aged pretty bad
>>
Martian was great.
Gravity I couldn't stand Bullock. May have done better with different casts, for me at least.
Interstellar I just got high and didn't think twice about, it's TDKR tier.
>>
>>64040127
a movie doesn't have to be good to be patrician
>>
>>64041840
>martian was great
explain why
>>
File: EH.png (176 KB, 536x330) Image search: [Google]
EH.png
176 KB, 536x330
>>64032467
>event horizon will never be remade into an actual psychological thriller using modern day effects to really sell the horror of having a "haunted" vessel mind fuck you and your entire crew into madness
the absolute realest of the real: this movie is meme tier shit in its current form. great movie plot that was executed poorly, but the cult following will strongly disagree.
>>
The Martian is definitely the worst. I enjoyed the book, but the movie totally failed to capture the isolation of being on another planet for so long. Perhaps there'll be a longer directors cut that improves things.

The others were both pretty enjoyable, although I don't think I'll ever watch them again. Movies are so different in scope it's really hard to compare them. Interstellar had the most interesting ideas, but it also had a a lot of head-shaking(tbhf) elements and plot holes. Gravity was a simple movie, but convincing and exciting...

I'm gonna have to say Gravity.
>>
The Martian (8/10) > Interstellar (6/10) > Gravity (6/10)
>>
>>64033344
Agree.
>>
>>64033079
Agreed
>>
>>64035954
The only Lucasarts point and click I haven't played. It is decent?
>>
>>64036117
Yep
>>
>>64039967
This is the movie I most wish I could watch in 3D (IMAX all the better). That must have been really cool.
>>
I thought /tv/ was joking about 'The Martian' being reddit the movie but once I saw it last night I realised you guys were right.

>Minorities everywhere
>women everywhere
>le science humour

Disgusting.
>>
>>64041840
Bullock was fine. The problem was Clooney. He was just WAY too calm and stoic to be believed (even at the beginning when he's real). Would have been much more believable with someone else in his roll.
>>
>>64043477

>that scene with the black dude holding a STAPLER and making rocket noises

Was that really necessary? The Martian could have been a film, they decided to make a movie but ended up being a flick
>>
>>64043640

Yes! That scene was especially cringe worthy.

Although award for most reddit moment has to go to: "I'm going to have to science the shit out of this"
>>
>>64032467

gravity in 3d is at least a fun experience the first time

the other 2 are just shit from start to finish
>>
>>64043552
>constantly panting like she's getting fucked
>terrible fake crying
>fine
>>
>>64043694

The line could have work with the right delivery, but the way Matt said just felt flat, but I can forgive that man, you know? The dude was on Mars alone trying to entertain himself but what I can't forgive is someone making goddamn rocket noises when trying to deliver a serious explanation.

In that exact moment it became a flick.
>>
>Gravity
facebook

>Interstellar
tumblr

>The Martian
reddit
>>
>>64043878

>Moon
4Chan
>>
>>64032467
Gravity in 3D in cinema > Martian > powergab > Gravity 2D > Interstellar
>>
>>64032467
Interstellas blew me away, it was amazing, i fucking loved it. i literally cried when i watched it. not even in a sad scene, i cried because i was so happy that there are still people out there who geniuely make good movies. i was so happy and felt a reliev, as if the world isnt that bad, as if theres light on the end of the tunnel.

Martian was good, i enjoyed it and it was really nice to watch.

Gravity was pure and utter shit. if i wanna see a bitch cry for 2 hours, i'll loop an efukt video. fuck that.
>>
>>64033993
He was there for a long time, I imagine anyone would cool their head after absorbing how fucked they for a number of weeks.

He reserves the emotion for key moments, like communicating and losing his spuds. I interpreted the humour as a coping method.

Honestly I think you're just hyper sensitive to the Reddit bogeyman, and it shows.
>>
Prometheus>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Martian>Interstellar>Gravity
>>
Interstellar is the only none-meme flick of the bunch.
>>
>>64044105
Switch Interstellar and Gravity and im fine with it.
Cant understand how people think Interstellar is more than average.

main "plot twists" were obvious and the whole story is based on "LMAO YOU CANT EXPLAIN IT XD" and Nolan:"open end, Lmao. I did it again, Reddit! You like it?"
>inb4 scientists fid ways to explain this pile of shit

I have the feeling the whole movie got raped in the cut. I was expecting an extended cut with +20min or more.
>>
>>64032467
Interstellar>>Gravity>>>The Martian
>>
File: 1435082434389.jpg (348 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
1435082434389.jpg
348 KB, 1365x2048
Young Mommy + Mommy > Mommy + Mara > Michael Jackson
>>
>>64032467
Interstellar > Martian > Literally nothing happens: Gravity
>>
>>64043878
>>64044181

>directed by Nolan
>not reddit/9gag - the movie

Interstellar is the 2nd most memetastic movie after Guardian of the Memelaxy
>>
>>64032884
This kind of edgy, frustrated people makes it obvious that Interstellar is the best movie of all three.

Not to mention it's the only movie where something actually happens, doesn't matter jack shit how accurate it is.
>>
>>64032467
interstellar's end is so ass that i can't even

i like gravity better
>>
>>64044105
>Interstellas blew me away, it was amazing, i fucking loved it

Same here.
It was a proper science fiction space movie were you got to see several planets fly through a black hole and so much fucking more.

My only and biggest regret was not seeing in in the cinema.
I was taken back the first time they went to hyperspace(or whatever it was called). My god it was fucking stunning.

It was a bit like Contact but instead of leaving you wanting more it left you proper satiated.
>>
>>64044315
Id also like to say that The Martian were almost laughably bad at times.
>>
They were all pretentious and yet hollow, unlikable ''shell'' movies.

I liked The Martian the most out of these three, and it was just something ''along for the ride'' kind of fun, would be severely disappointed to have watched any of them in cinema.

Martian, Interstellar, Gravity.

Bring back the age of space horror please.
>>
>>64044196
dude, i cant explain it, and i have to admit i dont give a fuck about the scientific stuff, the movie just was awesome to watch. it was amazing to watch. i felt as i was IN the movie while watching it. i have to admit, i cringed at the whole "Love" shit, but dude, thats a small kickback when you look at the whole thing and its just nothing but purely amazing.

i hated gravity.
>>
>>64032467
I saw Gravity in IMAX, the real IMAX with the huge curved screen that covers your whole peripheral view, and it was hands down the most enthralling cinematic experience I've ever had. Saw it twice like that and wish I could see it again.
>>
>>64044315
>My only and biggest regret was not seeing in in the cinema.
i saw it in the cinema with a bunch of friends, it was one of the few movies were i saw the print-advertisements (like on billboards and in newspapers) and thought to myself
>this is EXACTLY the movie i want to watch!
>>
>>64043153

That core room was terrifying. The technology seems non-human and menacing.

I wish it was a proper sci-fi and not some grotesque blood bath.
>>
Gravity > Interstellar > Matrian

retards
>>
I feel like I'll always be biased towards interstellar as it was one of the best nights of my life

I>M>>>>G
>>
>>64044697
gravity was bad mate
>>
>>64044712
this one
>>
>>64043988
Are you saying 4chan is full of retards?
>>
The Martian was too Disney quippy for me
I>M>>>>>>>>>>>>>G
>>
>>64035205
hello reddit
>>
>>64045074
exactly how I felt about it, perfect ranking too bruh
>>
>>64045006

I'm saying half the forum are depressed nerds just trying to peacefully run out the clock and the other half is loud, brash and angry.
>>
>>64045074
>>64044712
>>64044105
good rankings
>>
All 3 are fucking terrible. With that in mind:

Interstellar = Martian > Gravity
>>
>le reddit the shit out of this over gravity

you people are seriously faggots
>>
Interstellar > Martian > Gravity

Not cinematic masterpieces, but they're beautiful and Interstellar's storyline is pretty amazing.
>>
>>64033819
>Damon plays a character who's actually a human being

>Watney literally never expresses fear
>always has a joke ready
>has no development
>"actual human being"
>>
>>64033993
>>64046251
In this regard Gravity is a fucking masterpiece compared to The Martian.
>>
>>64032995
this.
>>64046334
>>
>>64033079
>>64033579
Fuck off. Ranking Gravity anything but last place is the right answer, you fucking stain of periods
>>
>>64044181
MUUURPH!
LOVE, MUUUUUUUUUURPH!
IT'S QUANTIFIABLE MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURPH!
>>
File: cameron-david-happ_1762769c.jpg (28 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
cameron-david-happ_1762769c.jpg
28 KB, 460x287
>>64046609
>you fucking stain of periods
>>
>>64032586
Yes.
>>
People saying Gravity isn't the best didn't watch it in the theater.
>>
>>64032467
interstellar > ... > dogshit > gravity > mars
>>
Interstellar>Martian
Nobody likes Gravity
>>
Interstellar > The Martian > Gravity

Any other order is wrong.
>>
>>64033344
Too different. The other three are grand epic space adventures. Moon just takes place in space.

If you want to bring in another movie, then bring in Sunshine.
>>
Gravity
The Martian
Inshitstellar
>>
>>64044387
Like when?
>>
>>64036486
Read more sci fi books, it's been done in literature a lot.
>>
>>64046251
Did u watch a different movie? How is he supposed to experience fear like a normie? He was a botanist
>>
>>64033136
>>64041156
Wow so edgy!
>>
Worst: Gravity
Worster: Martian
Worstest: Nolan
>>
>>64044553
Saw it in a 4k theater but it was still amazing. I bet 80% of the posters ITT watched it in a pixelated screener
>>
>>64048298
i like gravity
>>
Interstellar tried to be a 10/10 and completely failed, but it's by far the most memorable of the three.
The Martian was silly and fun, but well made and well acted. Too many characters and Mommyfu had too little screentime in the middle half of the film, but overall a very fun accessible movie.
Gravity is a theme park ride. Good and all, but I have no desire to ever watch it again.

The new movie with Chris Pratt and J Law is soon going to join this trio, and I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I think it's going to be the worst.
>>
>>64048298
I love gravity.
>>
>>64048446
Now this is something I can get behind.
But why is the Martian bad at making out?
>>
>>64044553
I watched it on my Laptop, albeit with a decent pair of headphones, but I agree completely.
>>
>>64035161
Hoytema is a pretty underwhelming dp, desu. Based Chivo and Khondji shat on him.

Now fuck off tripshit
>>
>>64048394
Are you saying botanists are magical fearless creatures?
Let's say the crew made sense being a bunch of retard scientists, pampered geeky and reddit as fuck.. Because it's mission was to collect rocks and made cringey jokes. Let's say that was ok.
Now, one of those retards gets its shit fucked up, he is now facing terrible, horrible circumstances and his near demise... What does this fucking movie do? Sure, he panics for two damn minutes, and then it's all lollipops and rainbows and "science-ing the shit out of this"!!!
Come on, what the fuck is that???
>>
>>64048611
He's good, Lubezki work look like a simulacrum of videogame
>>
>>64049113
Its rather maintaining optimism in the face of adversity. I mean he says it at the end of the film, 'you can either accept that or you can get to work'.

Shit, would you rather that or a crawlin in my skin 2deep astronaut who does shit but cry in a fetal position?
>>
>>64032467
All 3 are shit.

>>64033283
This, this man right here.
Apollo 13 all the time.
>>
>>64032467
The martian.
Interstellar was full of itself, and had a serious case of the retarded scientists syndrome which always irritates me in movies like this.
Gravity was stupid.
>>
>>64050581
You're going to get so much shit for this.
But I'm with you.
>>
Ranked from most reddit to least reddit

The Martian = Gravity > Interstellar.
>>
>>64050581
>Interstellar was full of itself
Yes, it had no sense of humor. The characters didn't even say any fun memes like "SPACE PIRATES" or "SCIENCE THE SHIT OUT THIS xD". Can't stand crap that takes itself too seriously.

On the otherhand I had a smile on my face for the entire running time of the martian. It had both excitement and great comedy.
>>
>>64050655
Count me in - good summary of Interstellar.
>>
>>64033079
ultimate pleb
>>
>>64035205
moon sucked
so did oblivion
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 258x382) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 258x382
I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

>I'm gonna have to science the shit out of this XD
If you liked it you're in the wrong place
>>
Gravity is pure eyecandy, Interstellar is more thought provoking and entertaining. Martian is a happy mixture of the two minus probably the 'thought provoking' part.
>>
>>64049277
That's right. Going too far into either direction ruins the point of it all.
As it has been mentioned several times by different anons, the movie lacked any sense of danger or thrill at all. And that was in most part because of the surreal optimistic attitude of Damon.
There was not one moment of conflict within the movie that wouldn't get solved two seconds later with some lame joke and a funny face at the camera.
>>
>>64049113
He's a resilient, optimistic person who's really good at dealing with stress. The kind of qualities you'd look for when selecting astronauts for a mission to mars.
>>
>>64050963
>moon sucked
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>64051067
See? This anon gets how bad it was.

Interstellar could only rub loners and losers in the wrong way because they're miserable anyway, but that does not cancel out the great performances and storyline it had to offer.
>>
>>64051154
Moon is reddit too. The very definition of entry level r/moviebuff-core. Sorry that you weren't old enough to be posting here in 2009.
>dude I like the idea of watching a sci-fi movie that isn't capeshit garbage but can't actually be bothered to watch something made before the year 1980 so I'll watch this fascimile lmao
>>
>>64033579
Interstellar / Nolan are reddit the movie / director. Martian, Gravity, and Interstellar are all shit. 2001 is the only correct answer. Thread is a trap.
>>
>>64051336
this
moon was absolute entry level garbage

it was sci-fi for people who can't be bothered to watch actual sci fi
>>
anything with matt damon in is shit
>>
>>64033594

>movie about NASA
>Annoyed that super nerd saves the day

r u retarded?
>>
File: Fat Ogre Shit.webm (630 KB, 830x720) Image search: [Google]
Fat Ogre Shit.webm
630 KB, 830x720
>>64051580
But is it fat ogre shit?
>>
>>64032467
Interstellar is by far the best, Gravity and The Martian are fun but nothing more.
>>
>>64032467
innerstellar hands donw
>>
>>64032858
my nigga
>>
The Martian had Kate Mara in it, it's absolute dogshit for this reason alone.

Gravity is a nice waste of time and was nothing more than an Oscar bait.

I haven't seen Interstellar.
>>
>>64052141
*tips fedora*
>>
>>64052346
Holy shit, you managed to somehow make the worst post in this thread by far. Absolutely everything about this post is gross.
>>
>>64052423
Nobody but you pathetic waifushitters care for this dumb waste of human flesh.
>>
Martian was a fucking cartoon. And that's from Ridley Scott, what the fuck.
I don't mind the spoon feeding, I understand why it's there, although they could've skipped it cause everything can be fixed with a duct tape, but the words they used are fucking terrible. Scientists cursing over every word, cause MEMES. Tumblr girl that looks like a whore. Fucking out of the ass jokes like that when that black guy asks director of NASA who is he (was that joke aimed at audience or the character thought it was a nice joke or was that even a joke?) and fucking casting is a fucking mess. You don't fucking cast a Jeff Daniels as a director of NASA. It just doesn't work, he's a cool guy though, nothing against him.
>>
>>64052450
>hating on Mara Mara

She filled her role well. All the astronauts were well cast.
>>
>>64032467

martian was technically interesting but very very very boring as a film

gravity was a piece of steaming feces wrapped in a spinach burritto

interstellar was the best for spirit and scope of space exploration
>>
>>64052706
Do you know any scientists irl? The stereotype that they're stuffy straight edge bores is wrong more often than not. You have to be crazy to dedicate all that time and effort into that career, it takes an insane level of commitment and absolute mad hours. My uncle works from 7am to 10pm every weekday, and often works 10+ hours more on the weekend; you have to be a special kind of crazy to want that life.
>>
>>64032586
why is the first post always best?
>>
>>64053001
I understand that real scientist cannot be really stereotyped but that's the point. They're not normies and can't possibly be them, that defeats the whole definition of the word scientist. "Scientist" in the Martian were just normies. All of them.
>>
>>64052359
great meming there friend, doesn't mean you have good taste.
>>
>>64050782
One more here.
Interstellar was good but come the fuck on, that's not how you movie
>>
>>64053001
Guess I'm crazy. The thing is that my work is also my hobby for the most part. I fucking enjoy engineering.
I'll work overtime not because you want me to, but because I want to. I don't have most of the fancy toys and equipment at home.
>>
>>64053447

fucking wage cuck kill yourself
>>
Interstellar had no idea how it wanted to end, and that fucked it all up.
>>
>>64053447
I also like my job, but I would get so burned out doing 80+ hour weeks.
>>
>>64051207
>great storyline
It "solves" it's problem with a paradox. That's literally retarded. Not retarded in the "le epic memes XD" way, but in it's literall definition, meaning far below the average human being inteligence levels. Nolan is a very average man, trying to hard to seem like a genious, making his fans looking like idiots in the process.
>>
I kind of liked I, the first part, but the conclusion was fucking bananas.

MUH THREADS OF TIME AND SPACE
>literally threads
>>
>>64053904
Making his fans seem* I'm a tiny bit drunk.
Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.