[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't "the Reddit Awakens" have any scen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: EP3_IA_93670_R.jpg (46 KB, 600x256) Image search: [Google]
EP3_IA_93670_R.jpg
46 KB, 600x256
Why didn't "the Reddit Awakens" have any scenes that felt cinematic and meaningful with a powerful musical score like this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMGxqvg4K74
>>
pls respond
>>
Good taste anon.

The obvious answer goes without saying. TFA was directed at redditors and mainstream / capeshit audiences whereas the prequels were bold, stylistic, and made for the appreciation of only their creator and the lucky few among us patricians who can appreciate his genius. Star Wars is a good series overall, V is still the GOAT, but the prequels in particular are /tv/ as fuck.
>>
>>64028429
whats wrong with reddit guys? its a cool place you should go there
>>
>Reddit meme

Pity reply.
>>
>>64028429
Wait for Episode IX. That's when shits going down with the Knights of Ren marching through the first Jedi Temple.
>>
>>64028429

>that overhead shot @ 0:21 with Anakin cloak flying and his shape looking like Vader's as he leads the white troops ahead.
>the rhythm of the march with the music
>the look of both rage and regret on Anakin's face as he's preparing to slaughter all his friends and mentors

damn, forgot how cash this scene was
>>
>>64028429
That videogame cutscene isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I think of the word "cinematic" desu.
>>
came here to disagree with OP and was pummeled.
>>
Because it means nothing. Who's the First Order exactly? Some dumb half-assed Empire offshoot? Same with the Resistance. This is a milque toast version of what we've already seen in Episodes 4-6, minus all of the great character development.

Well done Disney, you cashed in on literally no creative effort on your part.
>>
>>64028429
>Han Solo telling Rey and Finn that the Force is real
>The lighting during Han Solo's death
>The lighting during the saber duel
>When Rey grabs the saber and Burning Homestead plays
>The final shot

What are you on about OP
>>
Revenge of the Sith is underrated. Only prequel movie that felt like a Star Wars movie.
>>
>>64028429
>directed by a generic kike
>questions why it did not felt cinematic
>>
>>64029191

I can hear the theme of this prequel scene very clearly

what's the "theme" of Episode VII?
>>
>>64029257
Rey's theme
>>
>>64029257
Man, John Williams really phoned it in in this movie. At one point the score didn't even sound remotely Star Wars-y, it sounded so fucking much like a generic action blockbuster soundtrack.
>>
>>64029458
Nah the new movie didn't have a single memorable theme song

Snoke's doesnt count because it's just Plagueis'
>>
I really can't believe it's happening. I used to joke about 4chan being so fucking dead set at hating everything new that they'd start saying the prequels were good just to shit on the new SW movie, and its actually happening.

I swear you faggots care more about having an unpopular opinion and hating anything popular more than actually making up your own mind, because God forbid you make your own options instead of parroting le ebin fuk everything xD 4chan hive mind.

Worse than Reddit.
>>
>>64029458

What the fuck is that
>>
>>64030140
Did you wander in here directly from reddit?

Prequels are God Tier and only kike loving faggots would support Jew Jew Abrams and his shit-tier reddit garbage "movie."

Go back to your gay bath house, shill.
>>
>>64028429
The music score was a casualty of bad sound editing. Lucas made it very prominent in his movies, JJ had the music practically muted anytime someone spoke or recognizable sound effects needed to be recognized.
>>
>>64028429
I agree. It's the only downside about the Force Awakens is that none of the new music really stood out to me.

I marathoned through the Star Wars films before seeing Episode VII and found that the prequels' score stood out for how amazing it was.
>>
>>64029191
The final shot was garbage, dragged on way too long and there wasn't a lot of emotional conveyance going on between Luke and Rey. Luke's basically coming out of a stupor and noticing Rey and his lightsaber, she stares awkwardly holding the lightsaber out like she's trying to pass a baton.
>>
>>64028429
Name one memorable scene from 7.

I cant think of any and Ive seen it twice.

The prequels had way more memorable shit happen
>>
>>64030334
>shill

What the fuck exactly am I shilling?

I would have only one guess as to where you heard that word for the first time. Please continue to use your favorite dank 4chan buzzwords and continue proving my point
>>
>>64030446
Rey forcing the lightsaber to her and fighting Kylo Ren has been pretty memorable for me.
>>
>>64030474

Yes, I too was quite disappointed with a desert scavenger who had never touched a saber before suddenly working the only trained near-Sith in the movie because she closed her eyes for 5 seconds
>>
File: 1450922659248.gif (703 KB, 448x218) Image search: [Google]
1450922659248.gif
703 KB, 448x218
>>64030446
TRAITOR SPIN
>>
>>64030449

not him but could you more obviously be from reddit lmao
>>
>>64030449
enjoy your marvel star wars cashgrab reddit. disney obviously knows their target demographic
>>
>>64030533
>tfw only memorable scene in 7 was literally a meme
>>
>>64030520
I think it was during the mind search with Kylo Ren, when she fought back and started figuring out how to use the force that she came to understand what it was. She was able to see into his mind. Who knows how much she saw. Perhaps it helped her, and then doing it again during their fight I'm sure helped her immensely.
>>
>>64030474
>Rey forcing the lightsaber to her and fighting Kylo Ren has been pretty memorable for me.

memorable because of how unrealistic it was.
>rey manages not only to force grab the lightsabre, but does it while kylo is grabbing it.
>kylo, the one who stopped a bolt mid air, probably the most impressive feat of the force displayed on screen, gets rekt by two untrained guys.
>>
>first order destroyer covering jakku

the opening scene was perfect.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HjCohgVuyE
hnng
>>
>>64030644

Anakin and Luke both took years of development and experience to be ready to fight adequately

I'm sorry but poking alien retards with your stick out in the desert while scrounging for scraps doesn't cut it
>>
>>64030589
I never said I like the new movie, its just sad people suddenly defend the prequels.

Literally every series, game, of movie this happens. I thought the prequels were so universally hated that this would be the exception, but nah.

>cash grab

Is that not exactly what the prequels were? Made for no other reason but to sell as much bull shit as possible?
>>
>>64030747
We'll just have to wait until episode VIII to find out more I guess.
>>
>>64030759

I will add that at least the prequels had a completely unique story. They tried to emulate certain scenes a little, but it wasn't a copy of the OT like 7 was. Hopefully 8 is different.
>>
>>64030833
This is what turns me off from episode 7, it wants so desperately to be the OT. Xwings, tie fighters, another death star, another Cantina. It doesn't bother trying anything new.

I'm not ready to give up on the sequel trilogy but it's not off to a good start imo
>>
>>64030759
it's easy to think that because george is bad at dialogue and execution, but i think its clear he actually put a lot of heart into it
>>
>>64030140
You're right, pre TFA, /tv/ was filled with prequel shit posts, now the prequels have nothing but praise. Pathetic actually
>>
>>64028429
The movie's music was so underwhelming. The scores on this film felt like it was edging throughout and never went out, unlike Revenge of the Sith.

>>64030446
I'm also likely going to forget that Han Solo died in this movie, as it was not very memorable
>>
>>64031217
hello redditlettermedia
>>
>>64031344
You must b a newfag
>>
>>64030425
>pass a baton
dat symbolism.
>>
>>64029191
AND TRAITOR DUEL

SERIOUSLY

TRAITOR DUEL IS AS GOOD AS ANY DANK DUEL OF THE SAGA
>>
File: image.jpg (360 KB, 1600x1164) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
360 KB, 1600x1164
The director probably hadn't seen many films with a formal structure.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.