[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've seen it a second time and I swear there is so many
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: lead_960.jpg (74 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
lead_960.jpg
74 KB, 960x640
I've seen it a second time and I swear there is so many references to what happends between EP VI and this one that it is well worth a prequel trilogy alone just on that. They are keeping it all in for the next few ones.

A few things I've noticed this time around:

>Who is Rey
Everyone is just thinking Rey is Luke's daughter, which could be true, of course, but it's weird that neither Han or Leia raised an eyebrow for who that girl was. They did not treat her in anyway special, or were in anyway surprised to see her, even when Leia sent her on the mission to find Luke, they don't treat her like lost and found family. Maybe Luke kept her secret from the others, but even if they thought she was dead, they would be suspicious. Maybe it's not that simple.

On the other hand, Kylo pays a lot of attention to her. Even before they meet, when he is looking for BB-8, he was specially angry that they were with a girl, it was precisely what triggered him, maybe he was just misogynist or whatever, but it really did seem that he was expecting to hear of a girl some day.

cont
>>
>Kylo Ren's intentions

It was pathetic how small of a character Max von Sydow was, but even so, the very text in the introduction mentions him as an old ally and he seems to know a lot about Kylo Ren just from their little chat. That Kylo was born from the light side and so on. Kylo's transformation is not at all explained. He says to Vader's helmet that he is going to finish what Vader started, but what was really that which Vader started? He also mentions the pull to the light and that Snoke notices it as if him noticing was really the problem, not the pull to the light. In an argument, Hux warns Kylo not to put his interests above Snoke's. I really wonder if Kylo is bad at all and I think that perhaps there are other reasons for him to want to find Luke other than to kill him.

He kills Han saying "thank you" and all, and it appears to be some act of villany to raise his evil powers and destroy all that is left for him to be compassionate about. But it also looks like he is doing it to gain Snoke's trust, an ultimate test. And if that is the case, it is a much great sacrifice to be a test. This whole thing makes me think whether Kylo is not put in a situation that is horrible, but that could be worse. As if at some point he said "take me to the dark side, instead of..."
>>
>The Force Awakens

Where does it awaken? Is it Rey? Or the light side in Kylo? Or maybe even that Luke was not merely in exile, but also somehow hibernating, simarly to R2D2 and it is that which has awakened. It's very strange that Luke would just leave things behind, this is really the question we should be asking and whether it was out of a conscious choice or whether he was forced to do it.

Also:

>Rey's vision
As I've read and so I could hear, it was really Ewan McGregor's Obi Wan voice saying it was just her first steps.

>BB-8 was the mcguffin, he was literally the "B8" for the movie to work, also he was carrying a small map to catch the big fish Luke

>at the bar they play space reggae, weed confimed

>that "force user" cop from Heroes is flying alongside Poe Dameron
>>
>>64028082
>he was specially angry that they were with a girl, it was precisely what triggered him, maybe he was just misogynist or whatever, but it really did seem that he was expecting to hear of a girl some day.

this part was weird because yeah, in the beginning it definitely seemed like he had some theory or suspicion about her identity, but later when he has her captured he acts like he has no idea who she is

maybe he does know she's his cousin or some shit but in true vader-fanboy fashion he was saving up a "I am your cousin" moment for when he chopped off her hand (except he ended up losing)
>>
>>64028200
For someone who killed a lot of Jedi, he did seem awfully interested in turning her rather than just killing her.

He could know who she is and just be surprised about how strong in the force she ended up being.
>>
>>64028082
yes yes we know Rey is Obi-Wan's granddaughter.

>blue lightsaber
>beats skywalkers
>british accent
>likes deserts
>>
>>64028284
Of course, she is clearly stronger than he is with the Force.
>>
Did we ever figure out why R2 just decided to wake up with the rest of the map yet?
>>
>>64028082
There's already a nigger dick load of comics and novels regarding that stuff
>>
File: concerned_frog.jpg (8 KB, 250x243) Image search: [Google]
concerned_frog.jpg
8 KB, 250x243
ok so I might be retarded, but anyways.

In that scene where Kylo was all "show me, show me the power of the dark side again" or whatever. It seemed like he was actually talking TO Vader, as if he were still alive? Maybe as a force ghost or something?
>>
>>64028668
it just took him that long to boot up after bb8 asked for it
>>
>>64028082
Maz, Kylo, and I think Snoke all expressed interest in Rey. Maz did say "tell me more about the girl" to Han, which could mean he does know more about her and the film is just not showing us.

It could be that Han doesn't recognise her or even know Luke has a daughter.
If Leia knows who Rey is, there was no reason for her to not say anything, but at the same time, it could explain that strange prolonged hug they have at the end of the movie.
>>
>>64028082
>they do not treat her special in any way
>>>>>>>
Did you even watch the fucking movie? Han invites her to join him and Chewy like 5 minutes after meeting her
>>
Shouldnt first post have spoiler tags? Its clearly spoilers.
>>
>>64028082
>they don't treat her like lost and found family

Didn't Leia like hug here all emotionally for like 10 seconds after she got back from Starkiller base with Finn and Chewie?

I'm pretty sure i remember that.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.