[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was he able to so easily stop the blaster shot from Poe early
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 6
File: kylo-ren-adam-driver-pic-pxl.jpg (9 KB, 332x189) Image search: [Google]
kylo-ren-adam-driver-pic-pxl.jpg
9 KB, 332x189
How was he able to so easily stop the blaster shot from Poe early in the movie, but not the bowcaster shot from Han later?

This is literally the only thing I have issue with in the otherwise fairly good movie.
>>
>>64024312
>han
Chewie shot him

Also he just killed his dad like 5 seconds before so I'm pretty sure he had a few things going through his mind
>>
>>64024380
Oh shit yeah I forgot.

But like... shouldn't the rage and anger have made him more powerful with the dark side or something?
>>
>>64024312
You mean you liked the scene where the monster didn't eat/kill Finn even though it just killed 10 other guys literally seconds before?
>>
yeah he just killed his dad so wasn't exactly prepared, and I'm pretty sure a bowcaster shot is more powerful than a normal blaster shot (seeing as it requires wookie strength to reload)
>>
>>64024427
He didnt get angry, he got even more conflicted and sad from his fathers last loving embrace. The Light side is tempting him.
>>
>>64024432
yeah he had some pretty thick plot armour there
>>
>>64024427
He tried to increase his hatred by killing his dad, but it just made him feel like shit. Remember, he's caught between the dark and light side, he doesn't really hate his dad, he just made a huge mistake
>>
>>64024312
To be fair, he did walk it off pretty well. Just a bit earlier we saw a stormtrooper take one of those hits and fly at least ten feet across the room. That thing is like the M82 of Star Wars apparently.
>>
>>64024427
he's not a 100% sith fuckboy yet, snoke said he's gonna continue training him
>>
>>64024312

>This is literally the only thing I have issue with in the otherwise fairly good movie.

bruh...
>>
>>64024432
Maybe niggers are a rare treat amongst these creatures and it wanted to bring him to its den to share it with his family.
>>
>>64024529
I wish they properly conveyed earlier in the film that he's not had much training, it made him seem like he was sick, then when it turns out he can't do much I was very confused till Snoke calls him back and stuff
>>
If anything I think it's best if Chewie hits him anyway for the sake of the moment since he was enraged and such a dramatic moment for him, you as the audience want to see him fuck some shit up.
>>
>>64024312
>fairly good movie.

more like copy paste movie.
>>
>>64024312
He was clearly distraught after killing his own father in the latter instance? he was obviously established as an insecure character teetering on the edge of malevolent evil while still having a prevailing conscience. I don't know how people people are missing this.
>>
>>64024312

Because he was much more mentally stable and well composed at the start of the movie. By the time he kills han he's much more mentally broken and nowhere near the top of his game
>>
>>64024542
I stand by it. Sure there were recycled plot similarities from A New Hope, but that wasn't that big of a deal to me. I'm not as big of a sperg as most here I guess.
>>
>>64024765

/tv/ have been hoping this movie would be bad for a year so anything that could possibly be conceived as an issue they'll blow out of proportion to try and justify their stance

Reality is, most of the similarities to ANH are on a superficial level (there's a desert planet and a death star and a cantina etc) and all of the characters have different personalities to the OT cast and react to the events happening around them differently. Ultimately the similarities are negligible unless you completely miss the point of the movies and don't care about characters
>>
>>64024312
Because he just murdered his father two seconds ago.

CON CEN TRAAAATE
>>
>>64024312
He'd just murdered his father, he wasn't really focused
>>
He is the pinnacle of light and dark. On the verge to become the most powerful force user ever. More than sheev, you edgelords.
>>
>chewie shoots storm troopers
>huge explosion, 3 of them go flying in opposite directions

>chewie shoots rylo ken
>tis merely a scratch

Fuck this stupid movie. I'm never trusting RT again.
>>
>>64026254
It's the force bruh.
>>
>>64026254
>'tis merely a scratch

I certainly didn't get that impression. Nigga was probably using the force to hold his guts in.
>>
>>64026254

At the beginning of the movie, we saw him freeze a blaster bolt in mid-air, and you're upset that he managed to take a shot without getting thrown into the air?
>>
>>64026398
How come he could freeze a blaster bolt but darth vader couldnt? Or right, cause these movies are inconsistent and stupid.
>>
>>64026465
Vader can, are you kidding? Vader blocked shots with the force all the time
>>
>>64026465
Vader didn't have to. He just disintegrated them with his hands. Watch Empire again.
>>
>>64026465
Vader stopped them with his hands.

Wait, now that I think about it, was there any instance of blaster parrying in the OT?
>>
>>64026697
Luke on Jabba's sail barge at least. And if you want to count the remote trainer on board the Falcon. All I'm remembering at the moment.
>>
>>64026697
You mean with a lightsaber? Luke does it a bunch. First against the droid in ANH, and then a ton of times on Jabba's sail barge. He also deflects a couple shots from the speeder bike before hacking it in half. Vader never takes his lightsaber out except when he has to face Obi-Wan or Luke.
>>
Trained sith lord loses fight to random force chick who just found out she was force sensitive

yeah.....
>>
>>64026870
>not a sith lord
>giant hole in his side
>literally just killed his dad
>unstable in general

yeah....
>>
>>64024312
He was also able to paralyze Rey earlier, but apparently the bowcaster also gives people amnesia, since he forgot about that ability in the final battle.
>>
>>64026697
>>64026801
I watched the original trilogy recently and I don't recall Vader stoping any blaster, or being shot at all.

He mainly fought Luke and Luke alone. For all we know he might be able to do the same, or it might be that every Sith have different powers.
>>
File: vader.jpg (13 KB, 300x161) Image search: [Google]
vader.jpg
13 KB, 300x161
>>64027807

>He doesn't remember this scene

I believe that you watched them recently, but I also choose to believe it was your first time.
>>
>>64026801

Luke parries some on Endor, from the speeder bike. Also I'm pretty sure Obi-Wan parries one in the cantina scene, when the guy draws on him. A shot is definitely fired, and Obi-Wan swings his lightsaber a bit, but it doesn't show it directly.
>>
>>64027861
First time in many years, yeah. I apologize for my mistake.

There's a lot going in the movies so I can't remember every scene, but you're right.

However I wouldn't be surprised if every Sith had their own powers. Just about every Sith is highly different whereas most Jedis are the same.
>>
>>64027861

it looks like hes blocking them with his cyborg hand, not using the force to deflect them never mind FREEZE it in mid-air
>>
>>64024427
You don't understand, the only thing Kylo Ren feels is angst
>>
>>64028063
>cyborg hand stopping lasers

I wanna know what those hands are made of!
>>
File: darth_maul_star_wars.jpg (75 KB, 706x482) Image search: [Google]
darth_maul_star_wars.jpg
75 KB, 706x482
The Dark Side in this movie was such a let down. Only weak characters.
And the light side, every one is an instant jedi.
Am I the only one who feels this way?
I miss good villains
>>
>>64028063

He blocked them with the Force, the OT was a lot more subtle than modern shit.

If the OT was made today, it would show Vader throwing ships around with the Force like they do in other canon material.
>>
>>64024312

How was Kylo Ren able to sense Han Solo the moment he stepped on the Starkiller Base, but couldn't sense him when he was literally a few steps behind him in that big room?

Why was Kylo Ren walking on a suspended bridge with no rails? Where was he going? Did he read the script and know that he should go to an "epic" bridge for the sake of filmmaking only?
>>
>>64024427
That's not how the Force works

Seriously, this line is great because it can be used anytime
>>
>>64028175
Acceptable bait, but surely you can do better.
>>
>>64028217
Mike, don't waste all your material for the Plinkett review here.
>>
>>64028063
him being able to black blasters is one of his force powers, at least in extended too
>>
>>64028277
Go fuck yourself, faggot
No bait, only hate and anger
>>
>>64024312
didn't you notice the part where he was all fucked up emotionally after murdering his dad and it not making any fucking difference?
>>
>>64026954

>Can freeze blaster bolts in mid-air
>Sith Lord
>Pain is strength for sith, wounds mean nothing
>boo hoo killed his father cry me a river
>>
>>64024765

The problem is that THAT is the plothole, or thematic dissonance that bothers you? Not the Finn deprogrammed in an instant, not the Rey Perfect, not every coincidence that makes the story work?

But that Kylo gets hurt because he gets shot?

Come on son.
>>
>>64028395
He's literally not a Sith Lord. He's a force-sensitive edgemaster.
>>
>>64028395
>Sith Lord

stop
>>
>>64028466
My only hope is that he becomes more than that
>>
File: 1372533137557.jpg (19 KB, 456x297) Image search: [Google]
1372533137557.jpg
19 KB, 456x297
>>64028395

>Sith Lord

no
>>
>>64024427
If you read the novelization it says something how he thought it would make him stronger, but it unexpectedly made him feel weaker.

Remember, he is still an untrained Sith. It's pretty clear he feels remorse after killing Han Solo.
>>
>>64026870
>>64026954
>.....

Stop that you fucking faggot.
>>
>>64028632

>plenty of arguments about how the Jedi and light side are full of shit
>dark side is still LITERALLY HITLER

red pill me on the Sith, /tv/
>>
>>64028632
He was clearly expected Han to be upset with him after getting stabbed by his son, but instead Han simply loves him unconditionally, and then dies. It's pretty obvious that Ren, thinking that cutting out his father would cut out the light from his personality, immediately starts freaking out when he realizes what an enormous mistake he's just made.
>>
>>64028175
There are literally 0 Jedi and 0 Sith in this movie.

Go fuck a tree.
>>
>>64028774
Ren was trained as a Jedi by Skywalker, so it might be more accurate to call him a dark Jedi or a fallen Jedi than a Sith.
>>
>>64028774
where have you read "jedi" or "sith" in my post?
faggot fuckface
>>
>>64028774

louk my nig

he was only in it for thirty seconds but it counts
>>
>>64028756

Sith power doesn't actually run on anger or rampant emotions, it runs on conviction. Individuals who are unwilling to compromise with life circumstances and are driven to force their own vision of what reality should be are prone to use the Dark Side. Kylo Ren is powerful but his conviction is very shaky. He feels strongly in a sense of order and believes his grandfather best represented that; but at the same time he harbors many doubts about whether or not his actions are necessary.

He didn't kill his father because it would make him stronger. He killed him because he assumed it would, through some magical rule of the Force. It didn't, and he felt like shit.
>>
>>64028632
Yeah, and the Episode 3 novelization said that Dindu and Sheev's fight was happening in supersonic dimension-breaking shit speed. Novelization means fuck-all.

Not that you're wrong.
>>
>>64028774
He said dark side not sith, you twat
>>
>>64028774
The opening text calls Luke a Jedi master.
>>
File: 1389566095153.gif (787 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1389566095153.gif
787 KB, 480x360
>>64028889
>>
>>64028063
this is what I always thought as well, seeing as he only uses his right hand to block and that happens to be the cybernetic one
>>
>>64024432
It was full, like a Squirrel it was going to take him for a meal later
>>
>>64028217
Valid questions, I guess that he just had a sort of spidey sense about Han and couldn't actually tell how close he was.

I don't remember what the purpose of that room was, a power generator of sorts? He might have been looking for Han but I don't remember
>>
>>64029004
>>64028063
Both of his hands are cybernetic, and he takes no damage at all. At least his gloves would be fucked. He just destroyed them.
>>
File: nmK1u.jpg (23 KB, 321x357) Image search: [Google]
nmK1u.jpg
23 KB, 321x357
>>64028889
>Sith power doesn't actually run on anger or rampant emotions, it runs on convenience
Fixed that for you
>>
>>64029113
> The Force runs on convenience.
>>
>>64029092
His other hand is only revealed to be robotic in PT which is basically it's own canon
>>
>>64029151
Basically.
>>
>>64024468

Thankfully someone else noticed the 2 scenes preceding this showing how much better the bowcaster is than a normal blaster
>>
>>64029113

The light side is pretty fucking convenient. It kills just as many people and is just as inefficient yet it gets to be 'the good guys'
>>
>>64029151
>>64029298
>The light side is pretty fucking convenient
I also agree with this
>>
Bowcasters are a projectile based weapon.
Basically a magnetic railgun firing a heavy as fuck metal bolt/bullet/shell encapsulated with plasma energy.
Lightsabers don't do too hot against bullets
>>
>>64029376
He didn't deflect Poe's blaster shot with his lightsaber. He straight up force stopped it Neo style...
>>
Let him wipe the floor with invincible Rey in the next movie pls
>>
>>64024432
That probably was so they could have a reference to Lando getting grabbed by the Sarlacc.
>>
>>64024312
30 years of technological advancement, and Plotarmor is still more protection than Stormtrooper armor.
>>
>>64029442
This is my dream
>>
>>64029452
Pottery I didn't even recognize.
>>
kylo ren fucked up because he's basically an /r9k/ edgelord with a lightsaber
>>
>>64026465
Nobody was ever dumb enough to take a potshot at Vader except Han, and that one Vader just disintegrated
>>
>>>kylo NOT a sith lord
>>>we don't know what happend between/to him and luke
>>>thinks killing Han will give him resolve
>>>it doesn't
>>>totally desperate at rock bottom

Not to mention he clearly doesn't want to kill Rey

I think we're ASSUMING that Kylo turned on Luke, when it's very possible that it was someone else and Kylo is all fucked up about 'not being strong' enough to do anything about it and turned to Snoke after Luke was gone.
>>
>>64028217
They were looking for Rey, and it was a throwback to the old series and the architecture of the death star. Hence the rail-less bridge. Kylo sensed that Han was somewhere on the planet, so he already knew he was there. It doesn't mean he could automatically pinpoint Han's location. It was plausible enough to me.
>>
>>64024312
>This is literally the only thing I have issue with in the otherwise fairly good movie.

its meant to show he's an amateur. same reason why he was able to extract information out of Poe (with effort), and not Rey. Rey wasn't super strong or anything, he was just a baddie with the force.
>>
He has a never ending internal conflict with himself and he gets irrationally angry. He's basically a supreme edgelord that wants to become Vader but he's not even close to as powerful. It's nice to actually have a villain that needs to grow with the characters instead of having a ridiculously OP villain.
>>
>>64031030
Luke only disappeared in the first place because he felt like he fucked up after one of his apprentices turned to the dark side and slaughtered the rest. Who can that be if not Kylo?
>>
>>64028133
>Faceautism
>>
>>64024432
that was dumb but pretty sure it was just showing how Rey is good with mechanics and shit
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.