[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pitch an original scene (or plot) for Episode VIII...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4
File: dAMvsRY.jpg (345 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dAMvsRY.jpg
345 KB, 1920x1080
...without relying upon poetry, references to other Star Wars movies, or plot elements lifted directly from the OT.
>>
Its just Drive but in space and Poe Dameron gets to play the role of non-talkative murderer autist. In an exciting role reversal, Ryan Gosling is playing the role of Empire lover to some girl.
>>
>>64019241
More panets
More aliens
More space battles
More Oscar Isaac
>>
The whole thing is a flashback to before Episode VII. It makes some of the mysteries in Episode VII make sense, uses Max von Sydow more, explains Luke, the Knights of Ren, etc. The reveals make the events of Episode VII (particularly the ending) more potent, getting you hyped for Episode IX.

Basically something like the Machete order, but in actual release order.

Finn makes a cameo.
>>
>>64019360
A prequel within a sequel trilogy?

Nah.

Flashbacks within the movie would be fine though, especially since they've already established the "connection" with the force and the lightsaber showing the past.
>>
make use of KotOR 2
>>
basially a karate kid style movie with luke training rey

lifts elements from rocky and other fighter training movies
>>
>>64019443
It would be a frame story, perhaps an overall narrative told by different characters in the present or something.

Not that this fits Star Wars, but neither do helicopter shots or actually showing us Force visions.
>>
>>64019241
>original scene
Rey does something wrong. Literally anything, suddenly movie is vastly improved.
>>
>>64019241

Nice try Abrams, we know it's you.
>>
12 Storm troopers are recruits for a suicide mission on a rebel strong hold.
>>
>>64019471
>Luke trains Rey
>Yoda trained Luke

Too much poetry. Next.
>>
>>64019560
Could work if Luke is evil.

>runs around the galaxy fucking shit up with his new-old lightsaber
>it's all Rey's fault
>>
>>64019241
A capital ship battle with little to no fighters
>>
dances with wolves using stormtroopers.
>>
File: bEzHui6.jpg (331 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
bEzHui6.jpg
331 KB, 2560x1440
>>64019669
That'd be cool. Like a large Resistance freighter versus a Star Destroyer?

Could take inspiration from Battlestar Galactica's ship to ship battles:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbB58X21jxY
>>
Poe actually works with snoke and pushes the rebels or whatever they're called now to attempt yet another almost sucidal attack, everyone dies but him. When Kylo finds out about poe's behaviour he kills him (maybe because he feels threatened by him, maybe because he wants to join the good guys), but now it's too late because the rebels lost all of their spaceships.

Rey stays on that planet with luke and becomes stronger but we barely don't see her until the end of the movie.

Finn turns out to be a great strategist
>>
>>64019841
Or like a fleet of mon cals vs a fleet of destroyers. I haven't yet seen a fleet action in Star Wars except over coruscant. I'd have a raging hardon if they had another one
>>
I would want something from the Battlestar Galactica mini-series. They're trying to run from the First Order, being hunted down left and right and have to get creative in their escapes. Finn becomes Adama and helps fend off the Order for some moments in the film. They really need to up the ante in terms of space battles and hopefully The First Order Strikes Back could remedy that since they're most likely going to go for a darker approach like Empire.
>>
A new villain appears (there's always one) and trains Kylo Ren while Luke trains Rey.
The four battle at the end. Luke kills the bad guy but Kylo defeats Rey severely injuring her. He escapes into the night. Luke stays with Rey while she recovers for the final battle in 9. Meh. That's my attempt.
>>
>>64019579
Nice try reddit, we know you need to wiki this shit
>>
File: MCQ-mccruiser.jpg (2 MB, 2279x1019) Image search: [Google]
MCQ-mccruiser.jpg
2 MB, 2279x1019
>>64019956
>It's hyperdrive damaged beyond repair, the Resistance flagship was pounded with fire from the encircling Star Destroyers.
>Yet it's crew bravely continued to return fire.
>At the last moment, when all appears lost, another Star Destroyer emerges from hyperspace.
>All appears lost.
>But who is that in the bridge?
>It's Poe and Finn, having commandeered a Star Destroyer with their elite Resistance team!
>They use the ship to ram into two of the unsuspecting First Order ships, before abandoning the Star Destroyer in escape pods.
>>
1/3

Episode VIII starts off with Finn recovering and General Leia visiting him to check on his recovery. They have a conversation about why Finn left the First Order - Finn discusses how he thinks he isn't cut out for war and that he couldn't handle killing innocents. Leia sympathizes, but points out how doing nothing only lets the First Order get away with whatever they want. Finn realizes that if he was trained as a soldier, he might as well use those skills to fight for the Resistance.

Phasma reports to Hux and is berated for her role in the destruction of Starkiller Base. She swears vengeance upon Finn, and vows to track him down, assembling a squad to do just that.

Finn and Poe are dispatched on a mission to find a surviving member of the New Republic's leadership in an effort to align with them and use the remaining Republic forces to confront the First Order.

Luke begins training Rey in the Jedi arts, as he reveals that he is Rey's father and shares the knowledge he learned in his search for the first Jedi temple. Rey asks about her mother, but Luke only mentions that she was beautiful and he loved her very much, but she turned against him in the end. Kylo Ren is simultaneously being trained by Snoke, as he struggles with the aftermath of having killed his father.
>>
2/3

Finn and Poe are able to track down former Chancellor of the Republic Mon Mothma, who discusses how she left her position in office to prevent abuses of power, as the position still held Palpatine’s emergency powers from Episodes I-III. She has since been involved in diplomatic and humanitarian missions on war-torn planets (explaining why she was not present in the capital when it was annihilated), but upon learning of the destruction of Hosnian Prime, she decides to aid the two in gathering what remains of the New Republic’s forces and retaliating in an attack on the seat of the First Order (possibly a planet we have never seen before). Phasma, who has been tracking Finn and Poe the entire time, learns of this plot and relays the information back to Hux in order to stage an ambush.

The climax of the movie occurs in an all-out space battle as the Resistance forces are ambushed en route to the First Order’s home planet; there’s plenty of ship-on-ship combat happening, as Poe flies into battle once again. Snoke decides his apprentice is finally ready to take action once more, and Kylo Ren is dispatched to lead the ambush on the bridge of the Order’s flagship, alongside General Hux. Luke, sensing in the force that Kylo Ren’s power has grown considerably, decides to accompany Rey (whose training has not been completed) in confronting him. Finn is tasked with leading a team of Resistance fighters to infiltrate and destroy the First Order’s flagship; Phasma, meanwhile, eagerly awaits his arrival.
>>
3/3

A battle ensues in which Rey and Luke take on Kylo Ren as Phasma discovers Finn’s infiltration and begins to fight him. When Luke and Rey start to overwhelm Kylo Ren and render him unconscious, Snoke himself appears, just as Phasma gains the upper hand on Finn. Luke commands Rey to assist Finn in his battle, insisting he can handle Snoke by himself. Both battles eventually move into the same room, with Finn left hanging off a ledge as Rey gains the upper hand against Phasma, whom she impales with her lightsaber. Phasma is asked to be unmasked and tearfully touches Rey’s face, revealing that Rey is her daughter, who she is glad she got to see one last time before she died. Rey is furious with Luke, who didn’t have the heart to reveal the truth to her, and in her rage, displays strength in the Force far more impressive than that of Kylo Ren. She moves to strike Luke, just as Kylo Ren regains consciousness and intervenes to protect his uncle. Snoke witnessing Kylo’s willingness to protect a Jedi and listen to the call to the light, rejects him as an apprentice. He flees, taking the enraged, more powerful Rey with him to train as a Sith. Luke is shocked at Kylo’s actions; Kylo explains how he cannot let himself live with the things he’s done as a Sith. Luke offers to show him a better path to the force, declaring love for his nephew. The film ends with a return to the Resistance base, with Mon Mothma beginning the preparations for an attack on the First Order’s homeworld while Leia embraces her son, and Rey is revealed to be the galaxy’s new, powerful Sith.
>>
>>64021027
Some interesting ideas, but that first sentence is a very dull opening.

Also, Star Wars films tend to feature a gap of at least a few months or even years in terms of time, rather than picking up right where the previous film ended.
>>
>>64021101
You went full retard here.
>>
IN A WORLD
>>
>>64021101
You can't just have Rey suddenly switch sides, likewise Kylo Ren.

It'd feel very tacky and forced.
>>
>>64021298

Yeah; I knew where I wanted it to go, just didn't have the patience to write out how it gets there. A better mission for Finn might be the capture and interrogation of General Hux, in order to learn more about the First Order's homeworld and defense capabilities. Then he's caught off-guard by Phasma during the capture mission.

That's the bones of it, though.
>>
>>64021101
>3/3
>Rey pulls down Finn's pants, eyes widen, mouth foaming, at the sight of the 20 inch warm dingus
What did she mean by this?
>>
>>64021407

I agree, but I also feel like both switching in the same movie would be the best way to deliver the twist; leaving Kylo Ren's turn for Episode IX would have it feel way too much like RotJ, not to mention the fact that the resistance would be left without a Jedi other than Luke.

I imagine it happening over the course of the movie as we see Ren is conflicted throughout his training. At the same time, we see how Rey's independence and headstrong nature (touched on in TFA with Han Solo handing her the gun and saying she has "a lot to learn" when she insists she can handle herself) makes her transition into a Jedi difficult for her.

These are just general ideas, though.
>>
Ten straight minutes of Stormtroopers raiding a compound ala Republic Commando.
>>
I'd have the opening crawl explain that it's been 2-3 years since the battle of Endor, and the Empire is on its last legs. They are now engaged in a desperate last-stand on Jakku. Nothing too fancy, essentially would've just opened with the battle of Jakku . It'd be a pretty fun opener, and could get all of the OT nostalgia out of the way. A young Hux, seeing all of his comrades killed around him, would be the officer who finally orders the retreat of the Imperial forces as they lose ground to the rebels.

It'd be a better way to give context to what's going on in the universe and explain the rise of the New Order.
>>
Hux interrogating/torturing kylo ren after his failure in TFA, maybe by way of devices being inserted in to the burnt wound on his face. Leads to kylo organizing his own escape. Later tries to get in with the resistance but is understandably taken prisoner again. As he tries to redeem himself and find the light, Rey slowly finds herself more attracted to sith teachings. Maybe she observes him in his sleep and picks up on shit, or as he's getting shit off his chest she's being seduced by it.

Either way, they swap sides and Driver keeps his ugly fucking face covered permanently.
>>
>>64021656
Read the thread title again, mate.

Interesting ideas, though.
>>
>>64021593
Pretty sure they're saving that for Rogue One mate.
>>
>>64021701
I forgot to preface it with the fact that I know it was going against the rules. I guess I really just wanted to say battle of Jakku would've been a better opening and at least gone some way to avoiding directly following the plot of a New Hope.
>>
>>64019360
Thread ended at this comment

I'm sorry you didn't get more replies anon, A prequel sequel would be fucking boss
>>
>>64021815
Read the numerals again.
>>
>>64021815

Not that guy but I do like the idea of a prequel showing the Battle of Jakku and elaborating on the relationship between the First Order, the New Republic, and the Resistance. But that would kill the momentum of everything that happened in TFA. Basically, the payoff for the events of TFA wouldn't come until 2019.
>>
Both Snoke & Luke try to reach out to Kylo Ren telepathically and have a fight inside Ren's mind
>>
>>64021866
I think he's elaborating on the "prequel sequel" anon.
>>
>>64021870
I would've liked it as the opening scene to TFA. It would still feeling jarring though, since it would essentially require a '20 years later' screen, which doesn't really fit in Star Wars after the opening crawl.
>>
>>64019460
They could, Ren's lightsaber design is based off the Great Scourge of Malachor(V), so there's already a link.
>>
Ideas for planets to visit that aren't:
>desert planet
>ice/snow
>Coruscant/metropolis/Blade runner rip-off
>Generic forest that looks like Endor/Yavin moon.
>Cloud city again (I reckon J.J will put them back there if he has any say over the plot of Episode VIII)
>volcano planet
>water planet (Kamino)
>Naboo
>whatever the hell Geonosis was. Red planet?

Maybe a moon with no atmosphere and low gravity?
>>
>>64022122
Planet in system with dying star so it's practically always night.
>>
>>64022122

Arguably the only climates we haven't seen yet are rainforest (and that's presumably what Naboo has?) and ... is that it?

I would like a return to Kamino. I feel like a Kaminoan city would be a great environment for a battle of some sort.
>>
>>64022122
>no atmosphere and low gravity

everywhere in the star wars universe has breathable air and earth-like gravity

fuck you
>>
>>64022245
Honestly I wouldn't want to see a Star Wars planet without these features

It would make it visibly more sci-fi ish, more like Star Trek or something. It would change the way the planets feel
>>
>>64019241
Rey completely loses her force abilities and has to train to regain them.
>>
>>64022122
a planet that's very mountainous with really tall spires?
>>
>>64022289
>It would make a sci-fi movie visibly more sci-fi ish
>this is a bad thing

The fuck?
>>
Finn wakes up and him and Poe go looking for Rey because she is now being trained by Luke and the Resistance doesn't know this.

By complete accident or by the will of the Force (or something else entirely) they stumble upon an ancient Sith temple and come face to face with a new evil... an army of Sheev clones.
>>
>>64019241
>without relying upon poetry, references to other Star Wars movies
Fuck you.
Podrace 2.
>>
>>64022399
Star Wars are Fantasy movies
>>
>>64022122
On a literal Star, and they have a war on it.
>>
>>64022122
I wouldn't mind a water planet if it had lots of little islands and it wasn't stormy all the time like Kamino. It would be a good excuse to film in a nice location.
>>
>>64022577
I felt they didn't really make the most of Kamino.

A cool stormy water planet... in which they spent most of the time inside. Yawn.

Give me a battle between "Waterspeeders" on choppy seas and I'll be first in the line for Ep. VIII
>>
>>64022122
Dyson sphere planet with an artificial sun at the centre.
>>
>>64022122
A planet with varied terrain. One part could be a desert, another part lush rainforests. Mad.
>>
The remnants of a Dyson Sphere that has broken apart. The star inside has started the phase of It's life where It is has expanded and is shedding mass rapidly, direct exposure to the sun will start interfering with a ships electronics and shields, and start melting the hull. The remnants of the sphere provide cover from the exposure to the sun. A large battle between the First Order and the New Republic takes place in the remnants.
>>
File: 8AErMkN.jpg (39 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
8AErMkN.jpg
39 KB, 540x960
>>64022757
>Welcome to EARTH!
>>
>>64019241
>Darth Pavel I'm J.D.I.
>>
>>64021027
>>64021061
>>64021101
It was good until you wrote that Luke would accompany Rey and then it just got prequel-tier retarded bullshit
>>
>>64022122
Subterranean settlements.
>>
>>64023497
Like the Gungan city?
>>
>>64023802
Doesn't really fit the "terran" part, unless I missed something. Subaquatic?

Thinking dorfs here, Anon.
>>
>>64023378

Thanks. Only reason I put Luke in there is for him to be there to explain why he didn't tell Rey who her mother is/witness her fall to the dark side.
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.