[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was joining in on the fun when I suddenly realized that the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7
File: carriefisher.gif (1 MB, 533x296) Image search: [Google]
carriefisher.gif
1 MB, 533x296
I was joining in on the fun when I suddenly realized that the rest of you guys were serious.

You actually, genuinely, honestly think that the prequels were good?
>>
you will never suck the tits of prime-era carrie fisher

i bet she fucked just as good as any bipolar chick too
>>
>>64015861
No, it's a meme. Just like the racism, cucks and hating jews.
>>
>>64015930

At the time she filmed pic related, she was a virgin. She lost it when she was 19.
>>
Eh, they're alright.

The dialog is shit, but the world building is great, the general plot (at least what Sheev is up to) is interesting , and it introduced a lot of new ideas and weapons/vehicles/droids.
>>
>>64015861
>prequels

Those are not prequels, they are the first episodes. 1, 2, 3. A prequel will come BEFORE the first one.
>>
Hershlag > Carrie
>>
>>64016036

Carrie was cuter and had better tits. Also, bipolar junkie chicks are better in bed than frigid jews.
>>
>>64015941

I'm not so sure.
>>
>>64016205
I am
>>
File: lol.jpg (631 KB, 2931x1935) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
631 KB, 2931x1935
>>64016095
>Carrie was cuter
>he's a tits guy
>>
>>64015861
Yes, prequels are genius.
>>
>>64015861
The worst part about them is probably how some of the CGI aged. The dialogue with Anikin and Padme was pretty bad, and yea, Jar Jar was a bit too kiddie, but no more so than the Ewoks.

I don't think the prequels are great, but the third one is one of the best Star Wars and I think in general they are over-hated.
>>
File: Hitlel.jpg (7 KB, 222x225) Image search: [Google]
Hitlel.jpg
7 KB, 222x225
>>64015941
>he thinks people hating niggers and kikes are a meme
>>
>>64015861
The prequels were okay.

Not as good as the original trilogy. Probably about the same as The Force Awakens.

TFA has opposite problems of the prequels.

So.... I'm still waiting for a good star wars movie.

All they had to do was make the fucking Thrawn trilogy. It was a goddamn gimmie.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
FUCK OFF!

The prequels are comfy as fuck. Fun storytelling, awesome worlds, great characters, awesome action, and meaningful moments. True Star Wars.

I noticed that before 2009, a lot of people liked the prequels. Many were disappointed, but few outright hated them, and like I said, A LOT of people were willing to say they liked them. A thread like this couldn't exist today:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.72432-Am-I-the-only-SW-prequels-fan

Ever since Plinky the fat fuck made his reviews, Redditors have constantly linked to them, as if "Another guy said these movies suck so they suck!!!1111 I can't form my own opinions lol11!" He nitpicks the movies so much, his fans don't realize that you can nitpick ANY good movie to that level and it'll look bad.

Please read this for some perspective:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/49516899/Red-Letter-Media-s-Episode-I-Review-A-Study-in-Fanboy-Stupidity
>>
File: You+seem.jpg (7 KB, 303x276) Image search: [Google]
You+seem.jpg
7 KB, 303x276
>>64018304
Paying for a review
>>
File: baby%20crying.jpg (31 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
baby%20crying.jpg
31 KB, 600x398
>>64015861

>Waaaaaaaah people have a different opinion than I do!! Waaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!
>>
>>64017277

It is a meme, reddit
>>
File: 45147823_IMG_9350.jpg (166 KB, 527x699) Image search: [Google]
45147823_IMG_9350.jpg
166 KB, 527x699
I like to watch Sheev in action, but he only really begins to take charge in Revenge of the Shit.

But I don't think anyone has any excuses for Attack of the Clones.
>>
>>64016007
the world building is top notch
>>
>>64018930
you're a meme, 9gag
>>
>>64015861
The prequels are SHIT. But unlike TFA at least they tried to do something different so I dont hate them as much
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hi5jjXTPtyY
>>
You can not escape the prequels. Ewan McGregor had a line in TFA which is more than Mark Hamill got. Rumor has it that a stunt crew is now training Hayden Christensen for Episode VIII. They are, and they ALWAYS will be, canon.
>>
>>64015861
Yes.
>>
Is there a Clone Wars S6 blu-ray? Or is it all just Netflix rips? Will there ever be a blu-ray if not? I don't know how Netlix handles their original stuff.
>>
>>64020557
how the hell would hayden coming back? as what?
>>
>>64021514
probably a coat hanger, but I'm sure he'd manage to fuck that up too
>>
>>64021514
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Wars-Episode-8-May-Bring-Back-Cast-Member-From-Prequels-83957.html

Basically they're thinking flashbacks hence the need for stunts. I'm assuming he will return as a Force Ghost at some point. Ren is the ultimate Vader groupie so they might have Anakin show up at some point and tell him to fuck off and that he's got it all wrong. Also the art book showed them toying with the idea of Anakin's spirit returning but being in some kind of flux between Anakin and Vader, like he would change appearance all the time because of the things he had done while he was Vader. They didn't do it obviously in TFA but they may be saving it for later.
>>
>>64021755
>Basically they're thinking flashbacks hence the need for stunts

spins confirmed for coming back, EP VIII fights are gonna be GOAT
>>
>>64015941
the hate for /v/edditors is real and entirely justified though
>>
>People don't find one of thethe Prequel's primary plot of the formation of the Galactic Empire important or entertaining

The reason for this is because it's actually so good. You see, Lucas captured the real world bureaucracy of nation relation and territorial control, and disputes and the cultivating and abuse of political power so well that it's like watching Galactic C-Span.

Say what you want about Lucas, motherfucker knew how to explore the subtleties of the political zeitgeist.

One of the larger reasons I actually appreciate the prequels on some level.
>>
>>64015861
She looks like Alison Brie.
>>
>>64021913
Three extremely different films were grouped together and are now understood as 'The OT', the story of how Luke Skywalker killed the evil robot Darth Vader and saved his father - Anakin. This killing of the robot ultimately represented the triumph of liberal democracy over the various failed utopian projects of the past. In general, the OT can be summarized as naïvely optimistic.

Subsequently, three films were introduced that called out the OT for its naïveté. The human Anakin, it reveals, was a fascist stooge. The bad robot monster that everyone had rejected was none other than Christ Himself. We were fooled: liberal democracy was the enemy. It was all a sham. We killed Him for plastic toys, and His blood is on our hands. With the addition of these three films, the context of the originals had changed. The entire six-film series became the tale of Darth Vader's crucifixion. It can be summarized as brutally honest.
>>
>>64015861
>You actually, genuinely, honestly think that the prequels were good?
it's not that they were good.
it's that TFA was mediocre and made me appreciate some bits of the prequels.
>>
>>64018304
Holy shit you shilling asshole
I would have at least tried to read it if I could
Kill yourself
>>
>>64021913
It's probably the most important plot point in the entire saga as it's what got everything kicked off, but that doesn't necessarily make it entertaining.
>>
the prequels are maximalist in every sense of the word. while they may have tons of problems, they reflect a singular, unwavering vision, which is much more interesting than the paint by numbers flick we got with TFA.
>>
Is there any sort of novelization or EU books that cover the prequel era that are actually really good?

The plot ideas are cool, they were just done so childishly and poorly that it makes me wonder what could have been.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.