[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have never seen any of the star wars movies but due to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Leiadeathstar.jpg (25 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
Leiadeathstar.jpg
25 KB, 360x240
I have never seen any of the star wars movies but due to the recent buzz, I'm considering watching them. The reason I've never seen them is because they just never interested me, that is to say I didn't think they were "stupid" or anything but they just didn't catch my eye. I'm 25.

Should I bother with Star Wars or is it too late for me since I don't have nostalgia?

If I should watch it, what order? I'm currently downloading the first one (70's).
>>
>>64014082
Just go 4,5,6 then 1,2,3 if you have time.

It's all good if you don't enjoy them, some people just don't and that's fine.
>>
>>64014241
Should I bother to keep going if I'm not impressed by 4?
>>
nice blog
>>
>>64014298
5 is the best in the whole series
>>
>>64014298
One of my friends watched 4 and wasn't impressed and he ended up coming to the theater with me for 7 and got super hyped.

He then went back and finished all of it.

So I guess it's really up to you.

I think 5 is more interesting than 4 but 6 gets pretty stupid in parts.
>>
>>64014298
At least try episode 5. If you don't like it then give up, 4 and 5 are the best ones.
>>
>>64014082
4 5 6 1 2 3 is the order
>>
>>64014379
>>64014359
>>64014394
I'll at least go up to 5.

Thanks, friends.
>>
>>64014082
I'd watch 4 and 5 at least. If you don't like those, don't bother with the rest.
>>
>>64014082
OP, READ THIS:
Download Harmy's Despecialized Editions. These are fanmade restorations of the theatrical releases of the original trilogy made by an user called Harmy. He has used multiple sources, including standard definition elements (ex: the so-called "GOUT") and high definition stuff such as 35mm reels. The final result looks great (there are only a few spots where you can guess it's an edit), much better than any official release.

The official releases only includes the Special Editions, which has awful changes such as Jabba in SW, or Hayden Christensen in RotJ. It's atrocious and painful and hated by the vast majority of fans.

These are the latest versions for each movie:
-Star Wars: 2.5
-The Empire Strikes Back: 2.0
-Return of the Jedi: workprint for 2.0

In a few weeks the final RotJ 2.0 will be released. Then Harmy will update both ESB and RotJ to 2.5. Then he will work on 3.0 for all movies, where he will drop SD elements and everything will look even better than it currently looks.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.