[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sicario is available as a hd torrent now but don't get your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8
File: sicario-movie-poster-wide.jpg (469 KB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
sicario-movie-poster-wide.jpg
469 KB, 2560x1600
Sicario is available as a hd torrent now but don't get your hopes up because it's not that good of a film.
I've been hearing how great this film was on here wtf.
>>
its not my problem you have shit taste op.
>>
It's above average but i too was let down.

>/tv/ has almost universally bad taste i don't know why i keep falling for it.
>>
OP here, needed a bad guy and not enough plot
>>
>>64008289
>trusting /tv/

Ex Machina is considered a masterpiece here.
>>
>>64008383
You're not op, I am, why would you even do that just to make your shit point?
>>
I was extremely excited, not because of /tv/ but because Prisoners and especially ENEMY are GOAT. This movie was a massive letdown, nothing nearly as interesting or as tense as either of those two films. Never quite as mystery or full of paranoia as it should be in the first two acts, and never quite as badass as it should have been in the final act. Closest thing to a shocker the movie has was spoiled for me because the stream I watched had it's thumbnail as a certain character after they reveal a secret.
>>
Why would you still use p2p in 2016

I mean come on
>>
>>64008417
I like Ex Machina though and from what I've gathered not many people on here do. Feel free to not like my taste.
>>
File: em1264708471723.jpg (28 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
em1264708471723.jpg
28 KB, 600x401
you've been trolled lol
>>
>>64008522
I posted on IMDB about enemy, I love that film. Prisoners I can't stand it.
>>
The only good parts were the build up to the shoutout at the start and the night vision scene.

Characters were all shit, the black guy and Brolin were unnecessary. Plot was weak especially the forced revenge shit at the end.

This board doesn't know what good film is.
>>
>>64008289
does it feel good to be a cuck
>>
>>64008633
My good parts were the border scene and Del Toro, that's it, weird film really.
One of my favourite films recently was Upstream Colour so I'm not adverse to obscure stuff.
>>
This movie was pretty bad.

It is the sort of 'lets tap ourselves in the back for addressing this problem in the most polite way we can' movie that I feel disgusted to watch.

Go hard on hard topic or go home. This was nothing. Fucking Benicio kills a family but it's handled in a very nonsensical pussy way. No punch or brutality to act, no punch to the movie.
>>
>>64008653
You must be American, your first thought was cuck. You fat pig.
>>
>>64008522
Prisoners is objectively shit. Plot holes, red herrings and shit villain.
>>
>>64008289
OP the trash is calling you.
>>
Denis hasn't made a good movie yet. He has it in him to be a blockbuster director on level of pre-Transturd Bay, he has it in him but he just keeps tripping over 'artsy fartsy bullshit' (which he can't do) and pleb-pandering.
>>
>>64008737
I don't usually this or /thread/ but in your case I will. Pretty much sums up big issues with the film.
/Thread/
>>
>>64008289
>he fell for the viral marketing
>>
>>64008801
fuck off jew.
>>
Does it make you feel hopeful for Bladerunner 2? Personally I thought sicario was a little self-indulgent and meandering even if it had some moments. Kind of how I felt about enemy as well. I'd be less hopeful if someone like christoper nolan or ridley scott made the new bladerunner so the director is definitely not the worst fit but still
>>
>>64008914
No. Denis has nothing to say. Not with Sicario (proves to be a Hollywood puppet without brains) or with his other movies.
>>
>>64008914
Why are you mentioning Bladerunner? Please inform me.
>>
Sorry plebes but this was the movie of the year. But feel free to go watch Star Wars for 9th time, we need people like you to die in Irak and shit
>>
lmao at all you fags. literally everyone who says he didn't like the movie watches blockbuster movies all day erry day or watches black and white art garbage and then complains the movies isn't what he's used to. This was a good movie and was above or on par with a lot of things that came out this year. This is fact. What is your favourite movie OP?
Btw - Prisoners > Sicario > Enemy
>>
The movie never quite reaches the same height as the first bridge shootout again and all the mystery being sucked out of del Toro's character was disappointing.
>>
>>64009220
I have not seen TFA but it's not a big stretch that Abrams managed to shit out better movie than this limp wristed shit.

>>64009261
>The most pleb person hasn't even seen the only half decent attempt at decent movie by Denis
lel
>>
>>64008984
why does he need to say things? go watch 12 years a slave and get a black dick shoved down your throat.
>>
File: 1450446817435.png (655 KB, 721x436) Image search: [Google]
1450446817435.png
655 KB, 721x436
>>64009287
>it's not a big stretch that Abrams managed to shit out better movie than this limp wristed shit

Nice b8
>>
>>64009335
Why bother making artsy fartsy movies if you have nothing to say? He only reached for the topic of orchesterated drug monarchs in a very pussy way when Gary Webb did the same in real life against the CIA in actual reality.

Mean while this faggot doesn't even have the guts to explore it more than the last 5 minutes of the movie lmao.
>>
>>64008984
>Denis has nothing to say

What does this even mean?
>>
>>64008984
I'm not sure if he has nothing to say but there's a sense of compromise in his movies even if there are qualities in them. I thought the world of Enemy and his devotion to the inner landscape of his characters was interesting enough. Not sure what you mean by hollywood puppet in reference to sicario, I felt it was a pretty exasperated view of the entire conflict, seeing it as something that is impossible to solve with a simple moral judgement

>>64009002
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1856101/
apparently he's making the new one
>>
>>64009405
are you 14?
>>
no no no no no no

con paz

con paz
>>
>>64009405
>>64009458

Just watched Kill the Messenger and thinks that he's too cool for the awesome Sicario.
>>
>>64009458
Are you?
>>64009521
I haven't seen KtM but I have read Dark Alliance.
>>
>>64009550
"No u"
>>
>>64008289
>Movie comes out on torrent
>/tv/ is filled for a week with idiots who half paid attention to it on their 13" macbook and so whine about it
>>
>>64009576
>This mad his shitty filler-thriller (dat rhyme) is getting called out for being shit.

OK I give you what was good
>The shots of landscape in the night with blue and red mixing
>the aerial, satellite-like, shots of the ground
>the OST

There.
>>
>>64009639
I thought the shootout where they were stuck in traffic was pretty fucking great and it's what makes me hopeful for the new bladerunner
>>
Villeneuve's films are all about morality, prove me wrong.

1.- Incendies: the morality of forgiving, of having empathy towards the person that hurt you the most You can't really die hating your own son, especially if you know what he wetn through
2.- Prisoners: the morality of doing something wrong like torturing Dano in order to achieve something good. The end justifying the means and all that.
3.- Enemy: the morality of doing something good when you're not good at all. Forced good vs free chosen evil
4.- Sicario: the morality of allowing something awful to happen in order to break through a situation of pure evil you can't escape otherwise. The futility of evil when used against evil.

Let me tell you this guy has read a lot of Tolstoy
>>
nothing happens
huge expository justifies benicio robocoping the entire cartel
del toro robocops the entire cartel
movie over
>>
>>64009687
Well it was definitely one of the better parts of the movie.

>>64009695
The execution still sucks but its nice to see at least one person who has seen Incendies despite it not being very good film either.

The TWEEST goes way too Nolan-esque or some shit and ruins the whole movie.

He got fantastic performance out of the actors though and it has actual NON LIMP DICK act of brutality with the bus. That was some hard shit to watch.
>>
It's like they were too afraid of offending the gringo audience and ended up with a movie too tame like to make a point.
>>
>>64008773

>what i don't like is a plothole
>>
>>64009833
white Americans ruining everything good again lol
>>
>>64009833
>It's like they were too afraid of offending the gringo audience and ended up with a movie too tame like to make a point.
>>64008737
>It is the sort of 'lets tap ourselves in the back for addressing this problem in the most polite way we can' movie that I feel disgusted to watch.

These.
>>
>>64008739
dumb spic
>>
File: 1430954277891.jpg (49 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1430954277891.jpg
49 KB, 900x900
>>64008289
Literally couldn't finish it. Turned it off after 5 minutes of trying to endure Josh Brolin's absolutely disgusting open-mouthed gum chewing. Fuck whoever made him do that 2bh.
>>
>>64008496
I'm actually OP and Sicario was MOTY
>>
File: Dark_Alliance.jpg (26 KB, 220x331) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Alliance.jpg
26 KB, 220x331
>>64009880
>white Americans ruining everything good again lol
uh oh you can't be this stupid
>>
>>64009810

He always gets fantastic perfomances, he's clearly a visual director. One of the best visual directors working, now that Scott proved himself to be a hack. The scripts could be better
>>
>>64009976
>always gets fantastic performance.
eehh.

Fantastic performance out of Benicio is something you see in Snatch. That was some great shit he pulled out in there.

The secondary operator guy was good, the one with mustache. Felt real.

Blunt, I don't know.
>>
yea star wars is so much better MOTY imo
>>
>>64009976
Just because Denis stuffs his shit with heavy handed 'symbolism' doesn't mean he is good (let alone best) visual director.
>>
>>64009848
The van is traced back to the old ladies house at the start of the film, the police check of the house and clear her as a suspect. Should I continue pleb?
>>
>>64010056
>snatch
>generic gambler fucking his own shit up

Nah. Blunt was great showing how fucking useless and scared her character was compared to the real army guys or whatever the fuck those guys were.
>>
>>64010219
Generic, so what. Dude put the generic gambler character to flame.
>>
>>64010219
Blunt performed her role so effortlessly, being an incompetent woman who only gets in the way.

Even her black partner got the gist of the operation in less than day, than she did just tagging along pretending to know it all
>>
>>64008383
>needed a bad guy
is this a new meme?
>>
>>64010136
>symbolism in Enemy is heavy handed
>some guy playing chess with the fucking death in a beach is Patrish Approved though

Trying too hard to fit bro, you're not in r/films anymore
>>
>>64009833
>It's like they were too afraid of offending the gringo audience and ended up with a movie too tame like to make a point.
>literally demonised Mexicans and justified killing them on sight
>to afraid to offend
Fucking moron.
>>
>>64010357
Symbolism in Prisoners, Enemy is heavy handed as fuck because the plebcentral wouldn't get it otherwise. No amount of useless derailing about other movies will fix it.

>>64010390
>implying it takes balls to demonize cartel
kekity kik kok lmao
>>
>>64008337
watching benico play fat stephen seagal is good taste?
>>
>>64008773
Prisoners has literally none of that. You're a pleb with pleb opinions.
>>
>>64008737
>no punch or brutality

So killing a man's family in front of him, 2 of which were innocent kids (the wife clearly isnt innocent) isn't brutal? lol Give me a break.

What polite about the film? The film doesn't really take sides at all. In fact it's more of a thought piece if anything about how the war on drugs could potentially be fixed. Obviously, the US is going to be in on the fix because the problem is between the Cartels and the US government.
>>
What was the point of the tunnel fight? They were tracking fausto with a fucking drone, weren't they? Just drive across the border and show up at his house.
>>
>>64008289
Not enough Josh Brolin and not enough dirty CIA shit going on.
>>
What is wrong with Emily Blunts face?
>>
>>64008914
>Christopher Nolan

Holy shit, I like Nolan but he shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Scott or Villenueve.

Villenueve is a huge Blade Runner fan boy so I have a ton of faith that he will do it justice or won't end up doing it at all.

>>64008984
>opinion discarded

Go back to the Star Wars threads kid.
>>
File: 1440547158039.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1440547158039.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>64010429

Yeah that's why there are like 9000 youtube videos of dudebros trying to explain Enemy's ending. People unironically believed that there was a fucking invasion of alien spiders ffs. If you don't know pic related is called "the mother" is not heavy handed at all
>>
Can wait for holidays to be over so all the summerfags in this thread leave. Sicario was pretty neat, and technically superb. Too bad plebs here have no idea who Roger Deakins or Johan Johansson are.
>>
>>64010608
Just curious how do you think that goes in your head? Do you think they just drive up to the border and say "Hey guys were here to send an assassin to slaughter a cartel boss and his family, mind if we go through?"
>>
>>64010632
I thought the same, they could have literally dropped Blunt's character all together and expanded on other shit.
>>
>>64010606
Yeah they show him kill but it is always gonna go for the tasteful shot even if its time to have DelToro to execute a family.

No feel to the act.
>>
>>64010473

Ok.

>>64010181

Other red herrings = Dano saying he did it and the other guy running away from Loki and having the children's clothes.

Old lady was a horrible villain, nothing more to say there except her scene with Jackman was extra cringeworthy.

But if pretending to understand what the snakes and maze shit was all about makes you feel smarter, don't let me stop you from enjoying the movie.
>>
>>64010702
I'm sorry but how does retarded people not understanding something so simple offer redemption to the heavy handned symbolism of enemy?

I'm sorry Grade A pleb couoldn't get the obvious things in Enemy. It doesn't make the movie any better
>>
>>64008289

Hi OP, in your opinion what movies that came out in the last 2 years are good?
>>
>>64010764
It's not the Korean border dipshit. They literally crossed it at the beginning of the movie.
>>
The rape scene was messed up

Takes in the water to make everyone think hes gonna legally water board him.

Instead all you hear is grunts with no towel or water in sight :(

Del toro went beast mode.
>>
>>64010766
>they could have literally dropped Blunt's character all together and expanded on other shit.

Nah, she was the vehicle for experiencing this barbaric shit. The idea that she was just being used so the SAD could operate in places they normally wouldn't be able to was neat.
>>
>>64010767
>tasteful shot
You're talking about the camera work right? I found the table scene to be an incredibly tense scene. Meh I guess if you didn't like that part that's fine. I felt like there was a lot of feel strictly because of Del Toro's performance. I liked how they kept the shot on his face when he killed all 3. I mean he was a main character so seeing his reaction after he killed all of them was a highlight of the film imo
>>
>>64010799

>Other red herrings = Dano saying he did it and the other guy running away from Loki and having the children's clothes.
No. Re-watch the film. It's pretty straightforward as to why this was put in there.

>Old lady was a horrible villain, nothing more to say there except her scene with Jackman was extra cringeworthy.
Not at all. You need to watch more films. This is a top notch performance from all parties.

>But if pretending to understand what the snakes and maze shit was all about makes you feel smarter, don't let me stop you from enjoying the movie.
The maze shit was never a mystery. It was equivalent to a detective finding a clue and figuring out what it meant. There was never any philosophical meaning behind the maze or the snakes.
>>
>>64010923
The issue is I knew what BdT's reaction was going to be. In fact, this movie felt like a movie I had already seen (in other movies) which also grated and robbed me out of any enjoyment. I think it was around first 'Medelin' I figured out what was going to happen with Del Toro.

>>64010873
She was a bore of a viewer insert if you don't have the murder attempt or BnT holding gun to her chin
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (22 KB, 506x285) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
22 KB, 506x285
So is anyone criticizing going to talk about what was IN the film that bothered them rather than what they personally thought shouldve been included?

Seriously these criticisms you people have are literally just empty vague statement that could be applied to anything.

I don't think the film was supposed to be a sprawling expose on the war or drugs I think that was mainly supposed to be the backdrop for a look at Blunts character and her journey into a world she just isn't prepared to deal with. Much like how a lot of Americans are completely oblivious to what goes on on the border and being exposed to those things firsthand is a scary but enlightening thing. I think that's all its really supposed to be. Talk about what's actually in the film like it's exceptional cinematography and soundtrack. As well as all the great performances and supremely directed action/suspense scenes.

Don't talk about what wasn't in the film because chances are that's just a result of expectations and preconceived ideas of what you thought the film was supposed to be instead of what it actually is.

Sicario is a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 film. To just lazily label it as shit because it didn't meet invisible standards completely disregards all the things it had going that were working very well.
>>
>>64011605
Funny how you throw out a generalizing statement while calling out them.

Eat shit pleb.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.