[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Lacks a knowledge of basic astronomy "I didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6
File: Star_Wars_Rey.jpg (34 KB, 520x557) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_Rey.jpg
34 KB, 520x557
> Lacks a knowledge of basic astronomy "I didn't know there was this much green in the whole galaxy"
> Can instantly repair and operate interstellar spacecraft
>>
What a fucking dumb point.

Do all PhD geneticists know how to repair a jet engine on a plane? Fuck no.

Do aerospace engineers know what protein lygase is? Probably not.
>>
>>64006725
I can fix my car and i dont know shit about Kazakhstan's ecosystem either mate.
>>
errr dipshit, she's only seen sand her whole life, and has been ripping apart interstellar spacecraft daily.
>>
What does astronomy have to do with environment?
>>
>>64006725
I lived all my life North Dakota and when I went to Hawaii when I was 20 I literally couldn't believe that a place like this existed, I spent my entire first day on the island just walking along the beach taking it in because while I knew about oceans, I had never experienced one before.

She spent her entire life surrounded by sand, it is not unbelievable that she'd be awestruck by a forest planet.
>>
>>64006725

Yet miraculously despite being a spastic America, OP somehow knows everything there is to know abuot cinema despite never leaving his basement
>>
File: mfw_ani.png (362 KB, 660x545) Image search: [Google]
mfw_ani.png
362 KB, 660x545
>>64006725
>person who scavanges electronics for a living
>can repair electronics

WHAT THE FUCK JJ
>>
> Lacks a basic knowledge of how to speak to women
>can instantly list all Sophie Dee video titles in chronological order

See the flaw in your argument Op?
>>
>>64006943

Its not that she is awestruck by seeing a forest its that she didn't know they even exist.
>>
>>64007078
She obviously knew they exist, she just did not expect them all to be this dense and large.
>>
>>64007078
That's not what she fucking meant. She was using a hyperbole.
>>
>>64007168
Go easy on the poor anon, he suffers from autism.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 500x390) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 500x390
>>64006725
> stupif vagina monster
> easily beats entire space karate gang

Fucking Mary Sue rathtars
>>
>>64007301

Stupid Rey killed several people by accidentally releasing these things. But on the other hand, she figured how to save Finn in the nick of time. She half part stupid and half part savant.
>>
>>64007301
>Not realizing that entire ship scene is one big heap of references to various movies Harrison Ford has played a part in.

I'll give you a hint with the vagina monster: Boulder.
>>
>>64006725
>doesn't know about things beyond her desert planet
>planet is covered in space ships she scavenges
The big reveal is that she's a slightly taller jawa
>>
>>64006791
Do greasy old men who own junkyards and scavenge old cars know how to program NASA computers and engineer rockets?

Evi-fucking-dently.
>>
>>64007894
Nigger she owns a speeder and has been scavenging a giant spaceship for God knows how long, she has to at least have some basic knowledge.
>>
>>64007815
That's the fucking problem with TFA. It's all just memes and references.
>>
>>64006725
>Can instantly repair and operate interstellar spacecraft

Considering that from a small age she made a living out of exploring delerict spacecraft and finding valuable parts, she probably learned what does what.

I don't think she is much more of a Mary Sue than Luke, she had a much harder life growing up compared to Luke, she learned how to defend herself and engineering through her days as a scavenger
>>
>she's heard of Han Solo and the Millennium Falcon
>she's heard of Luke Skywalker
>hasn't heard of trees
>>
>>64007894
Well remember she wasn't scavenging junk cars, she was literally scavenging from an imperial star destroyer, and actually worked on the millennium falcon before. Its nit like she instantly knew where the falcons compressor was, she likely installed it too. The fact that she fucked up on han's ship and accidentally released the desu monsters shows that what she knows is really circumstantial, she tried to extend her lack of actual knowledge and failed.

Retard
>>
she should have been shown actually studying space piloting, shes only ever shown gazing at starships, so when shes an expert on them were sort of like "uhh ok I guess?".

Like seriously, if you just have her reading in that scene with BB8 it makes the rest of the movie better "ohh right the starship books" everyone would say, but that leads to the next problem: shes a total "feel" pilot like Han Solo. Wouldve been better if she started off bookish and then became Han Solo-like from her time working with him.

and why the fuck is she studying to be a pilot? a huge plot point is that shes waiting for her family to return...

so its like, why was she studying starships? so that when her family comes back SHE can leave THEM? or maybe its so she can fly here family around with her? a lot of background exposition just never delivered by my man JJ
>>
>>64007894

Do smelly old chaps who run a horse stablery and shoe horses all day know how to program Ford General Motors Company computers and engineer automobiles?

Evi-fucking-dently
>>
>>64006791
protein ligase, you worthless a unemployed biologist.
>>
>>64007815
oh my god

and when Finn and Rey are listening under the floorboards... the Conversation! of course!
>>
>>64008073
Nigga I know who Hitler was but I don't know what germany looks like at all
>>
>>64007980
>Oh shit the LHC broke down
>don't worry, I'll call Jamal. He used to steal car radios, he'll fix this in no time.
>>
File: TR8R.jpg (70 KB, 784x904) Image search: [Google]
TR8R.jpg
70 KB, 784x904
>>64008073
>funnyjunk
>>
>>64008099
You literally don't need any of that extra exposition.

Shes a scavenger on a battlefield, she had her own speeder, she knows the inside of the falcon. You can assume she knows how to fly it.
>>
>>64006868
herr derr she never turned a computer on and looked at intergalactic holo pics. All this bitch did was take things apart.
>>
>>64006725
>botany
>astronomy

Never go full retard.
>>
>>64007301
muh fake sarlac pit.
>>
>>64006725
Your argument sucks almost as much as your mouth on your daddy's pecker.
>>
>>64006725
This isn't you average everyday nitpicking, this is......advanced nitpicking.
>>
>>64008254
Just google searched image f a m
>>
>redditor betas still getting triggered by Rey getting called out for the Mary Sue that she is

ayy
>>
FUCK YOU ITS MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME STOP MAKING FUN OF IT YOUR NOT SMART YOU NURD VIRGIN

AAAAAAARRRGGGHHHH
>>
File: libfag tumblr SJW loons.jpg (296 KB, 1360x960) Image search: [Google]
libfag tumblr SJW loons.jpg
296 KB, 1360x960
>"I'm a Mary Sue."

What did she mean by this?
>>
I bet see knew how to post duck face and pussy shots in spacebook
>>
>I wasn't paying attention and missed clearly stated exposition, therefore the movie was bad.

She mentioned several times that she worked on the Falcon over the years with Mr. ONE QUARTER PORTION.
>>
NASAs best engineers would also be surprised to find green on another planet
>>
>>64007078
And people say autism isnt real.

Kid, this is what we grown ups call hyperbole. It's figure of speech in which exaggeration is used for emphasis or effect, as in I could sleep for a year or This book weighs a ton.
>>
>>64008612
>except interstellar travel is a given in this universe
>>
>>64008534
>747 engineers know how to fly a 747
no?
>>
>>64007063
>Sophie Dee

P L E B

L

E

B
>>
>>64007042
Not sure if you're joking, but this doesn't actually make sense.

Just because I scavenge auto parts doesn't mean I'd be able to fix a car that hasn't driven in years.
>>
>>64008273
i didnt ask how she knew how to repair the falcon, im asking how she knew how to fly it
>>
>>64006725
>I didn't know there was this much green in the whole galaxy

Jew Jew Abrahams probably wrote that while jerking off on his pile of shekels
>>
>>64006725
Basically, a “Mary Sue” is a female character who is great at everything and experiences no resistance in her journey.
>>
My grandma once told me about this african chick who cried at school when it started snowing because she had no idea wtf was going on and got scared.
>>
>>64006868
One would have imagined a lonely person that fixes shit and sells it would talk to travelers and hear tales and description of places, it would had been better if she's said "Ive heard tales of lush green planets but i could never imagine it" or something akin
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.