[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>This is the main villain of the Abram trilogy First off,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 18
File: kylo ren.jpg (96 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
kylo ren.jpg
96 KB, 640x640
>This is the main villain of the Abram trilogy

First off, they blew their load too early with the reveal.

Second of all, the fact that the main Sith is some scrawny emo kid who's character feels like "wah wah wah daddy didn't love me enough" makes all his scenes feel like temper tantrums and spitting the dummy instead of being intimidating like an SS officer in the original trilogy. Like any sense of intimidation or mystique was lost when this is the face of Kylo Ren, the main villain of the Abram trilogy.

I actually quite liked the movie but holy shit, Kylo Ren isn't an intimidating character at all now. Just some whiny brat with daddy issues.

Discuss I guess.
>>
>>63996703
>This is the main villain of the Abram trilogy

Way to be wrong from the first sentence. Kylo will clearly have a redemption arc. Snoke is the main villain.
>>
>>63996737
that's even worse
>>
>>63996737
Vader had a redemption arc and he was still considered the main villain. Like talk to anyone about Star Wars bad guys and Vader is first on the list.
>>
>>63996767
Vader's redemption was five minutes from the end of the movie. Ren has already been beaten in the first one. If anything it's more likely that Rey will become the villain that needs to be overcome and Ren the hero.
>>
>>63996753
>character development is worse

>>63996767
Yeah, but that was at the end. Kylo was conflicted from the start, he'll make the switch somewhere in Ep. VIII. And before you say anything there's still 6 other Knights of Ren + Snoke to deal with.
>>
>>63996802
>6 other knights of ren + Snoke
>Dark Forces II was about 7 Dark Jedi looking for a resting place of thousands of Jedi souls
>the leader of this group wanted to absorb this power and basically become Force God
>DARK FORCES II PLOT BEING USED CONFIRMED
>>
>>63996856
Wouldn't surprise me, but 7 is classic number. 3,7,9 and 12 are often used in fairy tales.
>>
>Kylo is a dark and edgy teenager
>/tv/ are dark and edgy teenagers

>Kylo hates his parents due to teenage angst
>/tv/ hates their parents due teenage angst

>Kylo is a virgin
>/tv/ are virgins

>Kylo is a weak loser who talks hot shit then gets btfo by a girl who fucks a black stud
>/tv/ are weak losers who talk hot shit then get btfo by girls who fuck black studs

>Kylo obsessed with Darth Vader's mask
>/tv/ obsessed with Bane's mask
>>
File: 1443372353750.gif (3 MB, 290x224) Image search: [Google]
1443372353750.gif
3 MB, 290x224
>>63996703
>First off, they blew their load too early with the reveal.
Yeah but the name reveal sure caught me off guard.
I could just picture my face the instant it happened.
>>
>>63996856
i can deal with that
>>
File: Kylo Contemplates.jpg (40 KB, 937x375) Image search: [Google]
Kylo Contemplates.jpg
40 KB, 937x375
Confirmed for being retarded. Kylo is a different kind of bad guy from the Sith from previous movies, but he's dangerous in a way they weren't.

Vader, Palpatine and the others were generally calm, patient and poised in their approach to things. Kylo wants to live up to the legacy of his grandfather, Vader, but fears he won't be able to.

>He took his mask off too early
>Now he's not intimidating

There's a reason he chose a new name after betraying Luke. It's also the same reason he killed Han; he wants to get away from the life he had and move towards (what he assumes to be) the path better suited to giving him the power to be something more. With the helmet on he is Vader 2.0, and hides away from the outside world. He's not the kid he was in the past, he's Kylo Ren. But with it off he's a vulnerable, fearful child that doesn't know what he's doing but tries as best he can. He's more like a cornered animal. He's got a lot to prove, both to himself and to others.

I liked his character most and I'm eager to see how vengeful he is in the next movie.
>>
>>63996703
Kylo Ren could come back as a more serious/mature threat in 8.
Basically what should have happened with Anakin.
>>
>>63996703
>discuss
youre pretty much right. its the same as if luke charged vader after obiwan died and beat him in lightsaber combat. it was way too much for the first of a trilogy
>>
>>63996802
>shitty weak villains already
>phasma and pubehair confirmed for redemption
>snoke is a cardboard thanos rip off
>future villains will be worse than hux
>>
>>63996799
>Ren has already been beaten in the first one

That's the point

He's weak and unstable. Snoke literally says he's going to complete Ren's training. We might not even see him in the next movie, he'll come back in the third as an actual sith.
>>
>>63996910
Yeah he's dangerous in a way that he's BTFO by a scavenger who had no Jedi training but still wrekt'd him so hard that his little white ass may as well have gotten fucked by Fin the Bliggity Black Stormtrooper. He was only saved when the planet split apart.

Meanwhile Prequel Anakin takes down the trade federation without a sweat, slaughters a load of Jedis and then sacks the Temple. Whilst Darth Vader dueled Luke who did have Jedi training and bested him so much to the point where Luke had to flee.
>>
>>63996703
>First off, they blew their load too early with the reveal.
Depends on how his character develops. As it stands he's the one and only interesting thing in The Force Awakens, and it's almost entirely because of his conflicted personality and revealed relationship to Leia and Han.

Vader's redemption was most significant to Luke's story arc. Kylo Ren's conflicted disposition is much more fundamentally built-in, which is why it's shown so early on. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes on a more protagonistic role as early as the middle of Episode VIII. I could be wrong, of course, but that seems to be where they're going.
>>
Kylo Ren is an objectively good character. If you don't get it I'm assuming you don't do a lot of thinking or contemplating in general.
>>
File: anakin_syndrome_wide.jpg (40 KB, 630x250) Image search: [Google]
anakin_syndrome_wide.jpg
40 KB, 630x250
Reminds me of someone
>>
>>63996953
>shitty weak villains already

If all you care about are power leves then the EU is for you. TOR in particular has a super edgy Emperor who eats galaxies. He sounds just your type.
>>
>>63996988
*tips*
Glad to see a fellow anarcho-communist here!
>>
>>63996703
Think of him as a school shooter type. Tell me you wouldn't be afraid of Adam Lanza or Elliot Rodger with a lightsaber.
>>
>>63996988
>He's dark and edgy like my soul and has daddy issues, he's a good character coz he resonates with me.

>>63996997
Prequels are shit but Anakin still got more shit done and was more competent than Kylo Ren. Anakin got bested by his ex-master, Kylo Ren got rekt'd by a scavenger with no Jedi training at all
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
>>63997036
That's actually a good point Anon. Thanks for bringing that up.
>>
>>63996802
what other 6 knights?
>>
>>63997052
Was Anakin untrained? Was he shot by a bowcaster? I don't think so.

Besides, the entire point of his character is that he's not as good as Vader no matter how much he wants to be.
>>
>>63997052
>and was more competent than Kylo Ren.

Anakin is a fucking retard who was led around by the nose by Palpatine. Anakin was the definition of a useful idiot.
>>
File: 1431545127585.jpg (2 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1431545127585.jpg
2 MB, 2000x1500
>>63997036
>implying I wouldn't have an assault saber and anti-lightsaber armor
jej
>>
File: 7sKn7Be.png (1 MB, 1917x817) Image search: [Google]
7sKn7Be.png
1 MB, 1917x817
>>63997087
The Knights of Ren. Kylo is just one of seven. They were the ones who destroyed Luke's academy.
>>
Snoke literally says "It's time to finish his training". He's clearly gonna be suped up in the second film in the same way that Rey will be with Luke.
>>
>>63997123
I want Mandalorians to go
>>
>>63996999
even fucking dooku was better than snoke. even fucking GREVIOUS had more interesting traits than him in the first 5 seconds and he was designed to be a moustache twirling villain. i'm glad they took the time to actually just put in the nod to GotG by copying their big bad guy that they're going to fight in the next 2 movies too.
>>
File: die CIS scum.jpg (101 KB, 400x367) Image search: [Google]
die CIS scum.jpg
101 KB, 400x367
>>63997132
>>
>>63997093
And the point is Kylo Ren is as intimidating as a bunch of Stormtroopers due to how much of an angsty teenager he is along with his incompetency when it comes to getting rekt'd by a scavenger with no Jedi training.
>>
>>63997126
so Ren is just a title?
>>
>>63996703
Completely agree. I think everyone else does too. The only defense you're going to get for him is
>you only hate him because he's tall manlets when will they learn.
>>
>>63997126

Totally forgot about these guys. Hopefully we see them again. They look like the Nazgul.
>>
>>63997135

Hurr, maybe Snoke's attributes are being saved for like, another movie? Maybe he's deliberately downplayed in this one? Shit we knew virtually nothing about the Emperor in ESB. His introduction in ESB is just to prime us for ROTJ. Count on Snoke being a huge part of the next one.
>>
>>63997168
It's a good thing he's not the main villain, then.

>>63997199
Yes. His real name is Ben Solo.

>>63997213
I'm sure will. Luke and Rey vs Snoke and his Knights of Ren sounds pretty epic.
>>
>>63996952
This DESU

>>63996910
Couldn't of said it better myself.

I personally believe that Kylo should of failed in the first movie, but he shouldn't have beaten down by a person that has just became aware that they are force sensitive, I don't care if Kylo is hurt losing blood, and is an emotional wreck after killing his father,
>>
>>63996889
>dark and edgy teenager
nope
>hates his parents due teenage angst
nope
>is virgin
yes
>weak loser who talks hot shit then get btfo by girls who fuck black stubs
nope I don't even have girl "friends"
>obsessed with Bane's mask
nope I like CIA better
>>
>>63997135
That's like saying the Emperor is a shit villain based on that 5 minute of him in ESB.
>>
>>63997250
his dialogue is verbatim that of the emperor in ESB, only without any tension or mystery.
>>
Despite what everyone is trying to say about character development, let's focus on what OP means. Kylo Ren is a fucking pussy. He looks and acts like one. He's not intimidating at all once you know what's under the lanky skeleton's mask. That's it. Doesn't matter if he's a character to be developed. He's a pussy that's unattractive as a villain in any movie.
>>
>>63997126
do they have their own lightsabers and shit?
>>
File: tumblr_nzsmizpHQ41riqrywo1_1280.jpg (183 KB, 1080x1284) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzsmizpHQ41riqrywo1_1280.jpg
183 KB, 1080x1284
>>
>>63997272
Given that Rey is already a force prodigy like Luke and defeated the leader of the knights of Ren so early without training, which she will presumably get from Luke, and the fact that Snoke seems like a wannabe palpatine, it doesn't really sound epic. It just seems like someone of Reys abilities would destroy everyone in her path.
>>
File: Kylo Ren spin.gif (3 MB, 600x249) Image search: [Google]
Kylo Ren spin.gif
3 MB, 600x249
>>63997273
It's rather fucking obvious that Kylo will be coming back in the next movie with a big chip on his shoulder for Rey, just like Phasma will be pissed at Finn. It's been set up so that we can see the villains do something more.

People talk about Kylo Ren from this movie like it was the last of the trilogy and he got beat doing nothing for 3 movies, but it's his FUCKING INTRODUCTION. It's pretty clear he's a misguided kid trying to find his way and walking down the wrong path. He wasn't trained. He acted stronger than he was. He tried to be more than he was capable of being. He wants to be more so he'll be like Vader. I figure in the next movie we'll see more power from him.
>>
Whats Rey's midi-chlorian count? It must be high if she defeated Kylo using the force.
>>
>>63997380
I don't see how he will ever catch up with Rey to be a threat again, since she is probably stronger in the force and may be trained by Luke. He's possibly the most interesting character, but he's no longer a threatening villain. And Phasma seems like she should be executed for lowering the shields.
>>
It's pretty damn obvious Kylo will return to the Jedi in episode 8 or early episode 9, they basically spelled it out with all of the emphasis on his inner confusion and Han/Leia talking about him. What I don't know about is Rey, if they want to save her from being a boring Mary Sue character she will need to turn to the dark side. From there I guess it would probably be a Ben Solo vs. Not-Plagueis alongside Finn trying to save Rey.
>>
File: 1436317091000-3.jpg (53 KB, 640x511) Image search: [Google]
1436317091000-3.jpg
53 KB, 640x511
>>63996703
Pretty much my thoughts exactly, if they had just kept the mask on for a few episodes I could deal with him being revealed, as by that time he'd either be,

a)Converting.
b)Flagging his death.

At this stage though, I feel he is going to be the Gary Oak of the new series, he lost a lot of mystique by going Linkin Park and getting beat by an untrained girl as decisively as he did.
>>
I thought Kylo Ren was great. He displayed mad Force powers and the rages worked well and made sense with him being a dark side user. Kinda got ruined at the end when he suddenly lost his strength and got wrecked by the Mary Sue. Shame really, they fucked the ending for me.
>>
>>63997315
>>
>>63997299
vader had strength to him and demanded your attention when he was on screen. seeing the emperor the first time was mysterious because it brought the idea that vader wasn't the most powerful villain and that he was answering to someone else out of the loop of the rest of the minions. this leads to tension and your brain starts asking questions about this mysterious and interesting floating head.

with this snoke shit he's a 19 foot tall hologram who just tells people what to do and doesn't really give a shit when a massive planet sized investment simply is destroyed.

he's the kylo ren equivalent of the emperor
>>
>>63997319

Looks like only Kylo has a lightsaber, must be pretty hard to find the components and then construct one, even Kylo couldn't do it correctly.

They're probably dark side force users with conventional weapons which is a pretty cool idea desu.
>>
>>63997380
I agree he will get stronger, but he still shouldn't of got beat down. I can see him getting bested but to get beat down.
>>
>>63997473
BASED
>>
>>63997426
If Rey is truly stronger than Kylo when they're both trained I figure that'll only make him more angry. She will become what he could never be, and deep down that hurts to realize. Considering she's almost certainly the daughter of Luke (and thus Vader's granddaughter) she'll live up to the legacy of her family where Kylo couldn't.

In some ways that makes him more dangerous and desperate, depending on how fragile they make his personality. Either way he'll come back with a vengeance.

>>63997480
In the next movie he'll have more to prove, like I said. In a way a villain with as much pride as him getting beat by someone as lowly (to him) as Rey hurts more than anything, so he'll be gunning for her. Problem is Rey was made to be too damn perfect, apparently besting someone with at least some training while hers was either hidden away within her mind by Luke or nonexistent entirely.
>>
>>63997380
Kylo for sure will redeem and his arc will have him turn to the light side. idk about phasma because it's hard to speculate with literally nothing to work with.
>>
>>63996889
its like pottery
>>
>>63997126
>>63997319
wtf are they holding? more electro tonfas?
>>
>>63997541
He killed Han, Rey and Finn's mentor figure, right in front of them after they learned he was Kylo's father. I doubt they'll be welcoming him with open arms.He chose his path.
>>
>>63996703
I saw him as a hipster with Ben Stiller, that ruined the whole experience
>>
>>63997534
Yeah, he'll be more messed up and be more interesting as a character. But if he keeps losing to Rey he won't be a good villain, if he loses to Rey in all the three movies, it'll just be sad. But at this point I just don't see how he can catch up.
>>
>>63997534
Yeah good point, he was pissed after Finn was able to get scratch against him with the light saber, I can only imagine how infuriated and embarrassed he will be when confronted by Snoke.
>>
>>63997534
>(and thus Vader's granddaughter) she'll live up to the legacy of her family where Kylo couldn't.
nigger Kylo is leila's son, he's Vader's grandson
>>
>>63997624

Luke could still have a daughter... who would also be Vader's granddaughter.
>>
>>63997624
Rey is Luke's daughter, and thus Vader's granddaughter you moron. Kylo is Leia's son, so he is Vader's grandson. They're cousins. Get it?
>>
>>63997656
>>63997661
they're related somehow, so the details of who fucked carrie fisher's dinosaur pussy could matter less.
>>
>>63997699
Well considering we know Han did that's not a detail that needs to be speculated. It's Luke, Rey and her unnamed mother that are the question.
>>
>>63997699

>Wrong.
>Shift goal posts.
>>
You guys are forgetting something very important: Kylo has a big scar on his face now. As we all know scars = big mean bad guy with anger issues. I'm sure his scar will make him a weepy pussy that wears his helmet more now. Probably will make him look meaner and less like a queer.
>>
>>63996737
>Kylo will clearly have a redemption arc
there's still 2 episodes to go, dickhead. there is absolutely no indication of which direction he'll end up going. Regardless, having a villain being pulled towards the good side rather than the other way around is cool.
>>
File: MagnaGuard.jpg (24 KB, 500x475) Image search: [Google]
MagnaGuard.jpg
24 KB, 500x475
>>63997579
Maybe something like this. Would be cool if we had some bad guys with melee weapons instead of sabers.
>>
File: much tragedy.png (216 KB, 484x526) Image search: [Google]
much tragedy.png
216 KB, 484x526
>>63996910
>Kylo is a different kind of bad guy from the Sith from previous movies
yeah, Kylo "Always The One Taking It" Ren is definitely different way more shitty type
>>
>>63996703
Kylo Ren is the best character of FA with great possibilities for further development. He started as whiny edgy kid, but in next episodes he is going to be more experienced, evil and striving for revenge because he got beaten and humiliated by untrained girl. Final duel with fully trained Rey in XI. will be really great, unlike the one we got.
>>
>>63997998
that reminds me of someone in TFA, i think his name starts with a T or something.
>>
>>63997900
What if he ends up like this after the injuries he took?
>>
>>63996737
>>63997541
>Kylo will be redeemed
>Killed his father in front of the heroes and Chewbacca
>Has massive scar on his face
>Has a temper
>Has pride
>Wants to be more like his evil grandfather so much he talks to his burned out helmet and modeled his appearance after him
>Has a ragged lightsaber design

Yeah, this "Kylo will turn good" theory is dumb. He's not going to be a hero. He'll fall further and further until he dies full of regret. Maybe at the end he'll help kill Snoke like Vader did with Palpatine, but before that he's going to stay bad.
>>
>>63998036
TR-8R?
>>
>>63998064
Don't know about that, buddy. He was already torn between the light and the dark, maybe the guilt and regret over killing his father will drive him towards redemption.
>>
>>63998106
Somehow I doubt Chewbacca will be okay with Kylo coming over to the good side. He did kill his smuggling buddy of 40 or so years.

But if Chewie dies that's another thing.
>>
>>63998106
>He was already torn between the light and the dark, maybe the guilt and regret over killing his father will drive him towards redemption.
It was explicitly stated in the film that it was to be done to ensure that "call to the light" doesn't come ringing again.
>when it paused on kylos face before he stabbed han his face was half blue half red
>after he stabbed him it was straight red
I think the best case for there not being a redemption arc would be
>WOOOOOW SICK COPY OF THE OT FAGGOTS
so they'll do something different.
>>
>>63998158
When has Chewie ever had a say in anything?
>>
>>63998194
How is Kylo going to come over to team good when he murdered the mentor figure in front of the two main heroes and Chewie?
>>
>>63998180
I'm not saying it's a 100% thing but it could happen. Vader killed kids, his fellow Jedi, and his father figure but he came back to the light.
>>
>>63998214
see >>63998216

Vader killed Obi-Wan infront of Luke, but he still redeemed him.
>>
>>63998216
>Vader killed kids, his fellow Jedi, and his father figure but he came back to the light.
Yeah, except he had his redemption moment 5 minutes before the end, and that was 30 years and 3 shitty prequels earlier.
>>
>>63998214
who says he has to be alive to redeem himself?
>>
>>63998064
>Killed his father in front of the heroes and Chewbacca

But Han ignited Kylo's lightsaber himself, thus saving his son the pain of killing his father himself, but still getting rid of him.
>>
>>63996703
>First things first: the narrative structure of the Star Wars film series is ever-shifting. As each film is introduced, the meaning changes.

>Three extremely different films were grouped together and are now understood as 'The OT', the story of how Luke Skywalker killed the evil robot Darth Vader and saved his father - Anakin. This killing of the robot ultimately represented the triumph of liberal democracy over the various failed utopian projects of the past. In general, the OT can be summarized as naïvely optimistic.

>Subsequently, three films were introduced that called out the OT for its naïveté. The human Anakin, it reveals, was a fascist stooge. The bad robot monster that everyone had rejected was none other than Christ Himself. We were fooled: liberal democracy was the enemy. It was all a sham. We killed Him for plastic toys, and His blood is on our hands. With the addition of these three films, the context of the originals had changed. The entire six-film series became the tale of Darth Vader's crucifixion. It can be summarized as brutally honest.

>And now we have a seventh film.

The Force Awakens is a story of willful ignorance and self-deceit.

>Who are the Republic? Who are the Resistance? Who are the First Order? People are confused because they are not reading the imagery.
>>
File: 200_s[1].gif (13 KB, 266x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s[1].gif
13 KB, 266x200
>>63998784
>But Han ignited Kylo's lightsaber himself
>>
>>63998804
>The basic story is simple: it is the story of a USB key that travels across the galaxy and gradually morphs into a laser sword. Max Van Sydow is the personification of this object; it respresents his legacy. And he explains exactly what he stands for: "only the Jedi can bring balance to the force." He supports Leia's Resistance because 'she's royalty to him.' The Resistance heroes are all working to bring back feudalism, and the New Order is working to prevent that.

>If you've seen the previous films, you know that nobody ever mentions a 'light side', because there isnt one. The entire Force - the entire universe - is darkness, and to believe otherwise is to have your vision clouded. The light side exists only as the holy spirit - the community of believers in Christ/Vader. Vader was the incarnation of the Force and, when he died, the Force died with him.

>Force Awakens, on the other hand, is constantly talking about the light side, and visualizing it as literal light: the ships all have massive headlights attached, the recurring image is of a dark ball of tentacles being obliterated by a burst of light (e.g. When that thing is attached to the windshield). The light cleanses, and the light purifies. this is what Van Sydow means by 'balance'.

>But this literal light is not the Holy Spirit. It's the dark side, rebranded. It's sheer, burning power. Audiences cheer when 8The basic story is simple: it is the story of a USB key that travels across the galaxy and gradually morphs into a laser sword. Max Van Sydow is the personification of this object; it respresents his legacy. And he explains exactly what he stands for: "only the Jedi can bring balance to the force." He supports Leia's Resistance because 'she's royalty to him.' The Resistance heroes are all working to bring back feudalism, and the New Order is working to prevent that.
>>
>>63998857
>If you've read the previous thread and seen the previous films, you know that nobody ever mentions a 'light side', because there isnt one. The entire Force - the entire universe - is darkness, and to believe otherwise is to have your vision clouded. The light side exists only as the holy spirit - the community of believers in Christ/Vader. Vader was the incarnation of the Force and, when he died, the Force died with him.

>Force Awakens, on the other hand, is constantly talking about the light side, and visualizing it as literal light: the ships all have massive headlights attached, the recurring image is of a dark ball of tentacles being obliterated by a burst of light (e.g. When that thing is attached to the windshield). The light cleanses, and the light purifies. this is what Van Sydow means by 'balance'.

>But this literal light is not the Holy Spirit. It's the dark side, rebranded. It's sheer, burning power. Audiences cheer when Rey displays her insane power. Her mutant powers, aka 'force sensitivity', aka midichlorians - make her stronger than anyone else. Her mind-tricks are not subtle manipulations, but a direct reprogramming of the enemy's mind. She wins by being darker than Kylo.

>So: why would a family abandon their child in a junkyard?

>The simplest answer is that they're terrified of her.

>Basically, JJ Abrams has tricked you into worshiping the dark side. Maz runs a temple devoted to herself, and nobody is suspicious? Whoops!
>>
>>63998804
too deep man. star wars 7 was made specifically to make a shitload of money, hype and allow jj to send his shitty social commentary on the society we live in. jesus christ man
>>
>>63998784
LMAO DUDE HAN IGNITED FIRST
>>
FOR EVERYONE FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT RIGHT NOW:

Try to not take Episode 7 defending retards too seriously.

This movie was fucking terrible, don't waste too much time arguing with those guys.
>>
>>63996999

A hero's worth is measured by his enemies. If you can't undestand that, you can't contribute anything meaningful to the discussion.
>>
>>63997250
>Hurr, maybe Snoke's attributes are being saved for like, another movie?

Except they aren't. We already know that he apparently commands the First Order because every other villain is braindead, that he is overcompensating, and that he does not love his job.

>Maybe he's deliberately downplayed in this one?

Snoke had to micromanage his flunkies down to saying "yes, when your base is blowing up you probably should get to an evacuation ship".
>>
>>63999637
this. if a hero cant overcome something or someone above him/her then the hero sucks
>>
>>63996703
>>63999637

Kylo Ren is the hero. He wants to destroy the Light Side and the Republic, which are evil.
>>
>>63998016
He's going be same as that kid from avatar the last airbender. Turning good.
>>
File: darth-maul-main.jpg (260 KB, 1200x729) Image search: [Google]
darth-maul-main.jpg
260 KB, 1200x729
>This is the main villain of the prequels

First off, they blew their load too early with his death

Second of all, the fact that the main Sith is some Diablo-lookalike evil guy with zero character progression and no personality.

I actually quite hated the movie and holy shit there will be 2 more episodes of this crap.

Discuss I guess
>>
>>64001490
ANd what, hes like 5'9? How can sith lords even be such manlets desu not intimidating
>>
>>63999517
when it gets 95% on rottentomatoes and everyone but you likes it, then its more we shouldn't argue with you since your such a minority :^)
>>
>>64001490
Darth Maul died, Kylo Ren is still alive

Also that implies I like the prequels
>>
>>63996997
at least adam driver is a good actor
>>
>>64001940
He didn't die though
>>
>>64002045
Oh yeah the expanded universe shit

True but I guess my point is that he's out of the game due to being cut in half, compared to Kylo Ren who's still up and about
>>
it will probably go like this: kylo will succumb to the light and he will become good, rey will succumb to ther dark for a short period of time but she will go back to being good as well and together they will kill snoke
>>
>>64002343
darth maul being alive is canon
>>
>>63996703

That's the main protagonist you idiot. Rey is the villain.
>>
>>63996703

Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>63998784
makes sense considering how bad ford wanted out of this shit
>>
>>63998784

You could say, Han stabbed first.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.