[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
General Hux
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 362x407) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 362x407
/tv/
I was wondering...
Was this guy as important as Kylo Ren?

I noticed Hux wasn't afraid of him like other soldiers were. He was a badass
>>
>>63992240
He's a military man
Ren is like a priest
>>
Kylo is Snoke's boytoy while Hux is someone he actually counts on to do shit
>>
>>63992240
I barely remember this character, what is his purpose if not to Tarkin?
>>
First order structure:

>Supreme Leader Snoke
>Kylo Ren = General Hux
>Captain Phasma?
>>
>>63992240
If anything he was more badass. Hes neo tarkin
>>
>>63992240
He and Kylo are bitter exes
>>
>>63992305
>I barely remember this character

Jesus wet pay attention next time
>>
Hux looks so young to be a general
>>
He's got spunk. I feel like he should have emoted more during his speech. They were already going full Nazi Germany, he should have done the Hitler hand gestures
>>
So many people ive heard complain Kylo Ren was a horrible villain. He want even a fucking villain.
The main bad guy is the first order itself. From the opening stormtrooper massacre we know these guys mean business this time.
>>
>>63992240
Kylo is the Emperor's enforcer like Vader was to Palpatine.

Hux plans the military's strategy like Tarkin.
Hence why Hux thinks he's better than Ren, because he actually does meaningful things unlike Ren who acts as a boogeyman for the Emperor.
>>
Hux is only in charge of Starkiller Base. I wouldn't be surprised if there are Moffs still around
>>
>>63992315
kinda sad, in ANH they showed other generals and admirals. JJ's flick feels so small
>>
>>63992268

Hux was the Tarkin to Kylo's Vader
>>
He'll be a big player in the next movies I'm sure. If not just to die and move the plot along in one direction or another
>>63992305
His purpose is to Tarkin. It looks like they're focusing on him a bit more though and his dichotomy with Ren. I like him
>>
>>63992390
But it was extremely clear in ANH that Tarkin was in charge of Vader.
Not making it clear what exactly Hux is in charge of is like superfluous-villain symptom #1 in Star Wars.

There's not a single argument to be made against wrapping him and Kylo Ren into one character.
>>
>>63992410
I just don't really understand the new republic/resistance/first order as factions, or why they didn't really give any infrmation in the film
>>
I hope there is a twist where Hux performs a coup against Snoke and Kylo and goes rogue and starts fucking everyones shit up
>>
Why were all the villains white in this movie? This seems like it's trying to justify white genocide
>>
Ren commanded from the field like Bradley

Hux commanded from a desk like Patton
>>
>>63992498
also why such an ancient and powerful being like snookie care about government
>>
>>63992493
>There's not a single argument to be made against wrapping him and Kylo Ren into one character.

Holy fuck you're dumb, you literally missed the entire point of the character
>>
>>63992547
It seems like you're looking way to much into it. Almost everyone in the movie was white.
>>
>>63992493

sounds like a mary sue
>>
>>63992240
He's supposed to be a lot like Tarkin except less of an ambitious opportunist and more fanatical and devoted.
>>
>>63992547
There was a black man on stage with Hux during his speech
>>
>>63992493
He's meant to bring conflict to Kylo within the First Order itself.
Further complicates his need to placate Snoke.
>>
>>63992547
>almost everyone
>main characters a monkey and a woman

Nice one, cuck.
>>
File: chosenite.jpg (79 KB, 599x407) Image search: [Google]
chosenite.jpg
79 KB, 599x407
>>63992569
>>63992569
Nice try reddit but that's not what i and everyone else saw
>>
>>63992666
A white woman.
The entire rebellion was white, and Finn was a stormtrooper, so your argument is shit.
>>
>>63992498
Because the prequels made you think Star Wars was about politics. Even then, it's explained in the movie. There's a Republic, but it won't fight the First Order. They finance Leia's resistance to fight the First Order for them. Then Starkiller blows up the Republic's homeworld.

All you need to know is Resistance=Good, First Order=Bad
>>
>>63992666
Hey Finn was cool. My wife's son could really relate to him and I didnt mind having a black character star next to a powerful white woman. Kind of refreshing tbqh
>>
>>63992746
>Then Starkiller blows up the Republic's homeworld.
So the Republic is gone? It wasn't very clear with this it was just weird how it was shown
>>
>>63992786
The Republic's infrastructure probably isn't entirely gone, but the leadership, Senate, and a large portion of their fleet are likely destroyed, yeah.
>>
>>63992699
>The entire rebellion was white
no

it was was way more diverse
>>
>>63992383

This

All Ren cared about was Skywalker, he didn't give a shit about the Order itself. Hux even alludes to it when they argue about recovering the droid intact or destroying it.
>>
He was literally Tarkin. Vader and Tarkin were equals in the eyes of the emperor, they were in charge of difference departments. Same with kylo and hux
>>
>>63992850
>Oscar Isaac (basically white)
>Harrison Ford
>Carrie Fisher
>Carrie Fisher's daughter

And the extras were all white, unless you have evidence, they were white.
>>
>>63992699
>The entire rebellion was white
>nien nunb
>admiral ackbar
>chewbacca
>>
>>63992900
They're not human they don't fucking count you retard.
>>
>>63992835
OH MY GOD
Why did noone cared in the movie tho?
>>
>>63992889
Miles from LOST was there
he's not white and he got a speaking role and like eight seconds of screentime staring at the camera

plus all the aliens are niggers in my eyes
>>
>>63992925
>star wars
>aliens dont count

what did he mean by this
>>
>>63992933
maybe someone caring will show up in the thirty minutes of deleted scenes
>>
>>63993016
Special Edition when
>>
>>63992493
Tarkin held a military position. Vader did not. Vader was an enforcer. Tarkin was not his superior.

At best an adviser.
>>
>>63992978
Minus the aliens all we have is Miles from LOST and Boyega.

Whereas First Order (had) Boyega, and the black guy who stood behind Hux during his speech.
>>
>>63992900
Don't forget the slew of chinks they threw in
>>
>>63992240

>Hux wasnt afraid of him

He almost shits himself when he confronts Kylo
>>
>>63993090
Leia makes fun of Vader for being on Tarkin's leash.
Tarkin orders Vader to release the guy he's choking at the conference table.

All we know about Vader in ANH is that he's a better, blacker stormtrooper that can use the Force and has a lightsaber.
>>
>>63993148
Later when it matters in front of snookie he pokerfaces that shit and makes that kid run off to discover his damsel in distress was busy saving herself
>>
>>63993123
They were bounty hunters working for a gang, not apart of the rebellion.
>>
>>63992240
Every time this faggot appeared onscreen I was waiting for Kylo or Snoke to force choke his ass.

Vader would never have put up with his shit
>>
>Empire gets BTFO
>Empire flees to outer rim planets presumably
>Empire built two planet destroying weapons
>Now Order
>Order builds another super weapon and kills 4 entire planets including one contain basically every senator and delegate
>People still siding with the Empire/Order
>Order hates aliens

like why?

It's very clear these niggas are plain fuckin' evil at this point. Whos' goals could possibly align with theirs?

At least separatists helped out small/shit planets getting dicked by the senate and Sheev maintained a lot of that (and basically enslaved w/ power) but Snooki lacks this power as they've retreated and isolated across galaxy. Literally nobody would help them unless their planet was taken over which seems unlikely since this is probably Hutt-space.
>>
>>63993228
Vader put up with Tarkin.
>>
>>63993198

>in front of Snoke

Yeah
And without Snoke he still shits himself
Because no one is there to stop Kylo
>>
He reminded me of those frail, pale guys on /soc/ who dress up in Nazi uniforms on the "rate me" posts.
>>
>>63992240

he thinks that snoke will have his back if shit ever went down between him and ren since he's the one who always carries out snokes plans without letting personal conflicts get in the way.
>>
>>63992240
MORE LIKE GENERAL CUX

HIS SPACE HITLER SPEECH WAS SHIT, WAS WAITING FOR HIS FAGGOT VOICE TO CRACK LMAO

BAD CASTING, BAD PERFORMANCE

GO BACK TO GETTING KUCKED BY ROBOTS DOMHNALL
>>
You guys sound like fucking nerds. Not even joking.
>>
>>63992566
There is no point to his character for this movie. His conflict with Kylo Ren only makes sense in anticipation of the sequels.

Get a better husbandu.
>>
>>63992493
It's cause Ren is goint to become a hero later on and you still need a villain that's not a giant emperor type.
>>
>>63993243
Actually, Snoke and the First Order were waiting in the outer rim for the Empire to fall. They take over the disjointed pieces.

Also, people like the order and stability that the First Order can offer.
>>
>>63992889
One of the pilots was black and the other an asian woman. The guy on the radio at the base was black. The 2nd in command after Leia was an asian man. A random black woman types something up at one point.

They were mostly minorities.
>>
>>63993208
One Asian girl pilot and another guy acting as one of Leia's advisers or some shit.
>>
>>63993243
>Order hates aliens

Give one good reason why every alien in the the universe doesn't deserve to be lined up and shot other than muh chewbacca
>>
>>63992240
Ren and Snoke have a secret club of their own where they discuss magic shit. No Hux allowed.
>>
>>63993350
Ren is beyond redemption
>>
>>63992547
???
there were a good amount of first order people who were black or ambiguously brown working the starkiller station, and finn being black means there must be other black storm troopers too.
>>
>>63992889
there were tons of not white extras m8
rewatch it obv i dont have picks
>>
>>63992547
i kek'd
>>
>>63993243
>>63993504
>Order hates aliens
>Its run by an alien
Nah, I don't think so.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.