[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else think that the First Order were really good villains?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: file.png (1 MB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1200x600
Anyone else think that the First Order were really good villains? They actually seemed threatening and dangerous
>>
>>63992038
Yes my only issue is how they came into power and were allowed to build a second planetdeathstar in the first place, so recently after the events of the original trilogy.
>>
>>63992092
Private investors, money can do a lot
>>
>>63992038
>space opera
>villains are literally blond space Nazis
It's lazy and boring, faм.
>>
Just finished watching. What an unbelievable piece of shit turd this movie is.

>DUDE RANDOM UNWARRANTED CALLBACKS FOR LE NOSTALGIA LMAO
>DUDE FEMINIST MARY SUE PLOT ARMOUR LMAO
>DUDE THE REBELS CONSIST 90% OF MINORITIES
>DUDE WHITES ARE EVIL AND SPACE NAZIS FROM LE DARK SIDE DESPITE THE SWASTIKA BEING A SYMBOL OF THE SUN AND LIGHT IN GENERAL LMAO

Fuck JooJoo Abrams so much. I want my 2 hours back seriously
>>
Nah, too blatantly Nazi-like. The Hitler speech was lame as fuck.

Also, they were all young pretty guys for some reason, unlike the oldfags in the empire of the original trilogy.

One of the worst parts of the movie.
>>
The colors in that scene were amazing
>>
>>63992312

I was riled up and I'm not even a space nazi
>>
>>63992038
>chrome helmet

That guy better be a high rank in the Imperial military cause he looks like a fucking dweeb
>>
>>63992038
Killzone 2 and 3 did the Nazi symbolism better
>>
>>63992357
did you not watch the movie
>>
File: 13432856869468.jpg (27 KB, 388x384) Image search: [Google]
13432856869468.jpg
27 KB, 388x384
>>63992302
>>
>>63992401
No and I don't intend to
>>
>>63992620
/tv/ in a nutshell

Strong opinions on a movie he has not seen and probably never will.
>>
>>63992620

Did you hate star wars growing up? You gain nothing by being an ultracontrarian for the sake of it unless you have seen one of the originals and thought nothing of it. Otherwise, do yourself a favor and watch it, at least when it comes out on torrent it. Pirate it or whatever, but dont deprive yourself of something you may enjoy for little reason
>>
>>63992723
No in fact it was one of my favourites movies as a kid
I haven't watched it cause I don't want my childhood ruined. I watched the prequels when I was young so they were never bad to me

>>63992703
>have posted no opinions

Keep using that projector

Now can someone please tell me about the chromehead? Why does he wear the helmet?
>>
>No fleets of Star Destroyers (just shown ONE)
>No indication that they own vast territories in space.
>Barely any TIE fighters to defend against a paltry 20 something X-Wings.
>Shit chain of command structure from.
>Can terrorize sand villages; turned tail and ran from the Resistance instead of putting the fear of God into them.

Underwhelming as fuck. As bad as TOR was, at least the reformed Empire struck with overwhelming power despite being outnumbered by the Republic.
>>
Why were some of the officers on the space nazi ship wearing prussian hussar uniforms?
>>
>>63992038
>Sith
>Empire
>First Order

Dafuq are the the first order? Should ave been the third order, they could have even made allusions to the third reich and shit since they have a nazi fetish when it comes to star wars baddies.
>>
>>63992092

>so recently

It's been 30 FUCKING YEARS LATER you fuckwitt
>>
Why call yourself an order? Orders are for knights (which is moot considering Knights of Ren exist) and certainly doesn't have any pull if you want to build a nation or empire.
>>
>>63993337
They should've based the First Order of the Stasi and NVA.

Just like how Nazi Germany was incorporated into becoming East German communists.
>>
>>63992092
Visual Dictionary says the First Order was already formed in the Outer Rim before the Empire fell.
Snoke was lying in wait, probably pull strings and playing Luke like a fiddle. I think this might be why Luke went into exile, not because of Kylo but because he failed to realize that he was being used as a pawn to help a bigger fish (Snoke) eat a smaller one (Palpatine).
>>
>>63993412
East germany begins on the eastern side of the Oder, pls lrn2geography
>>
>>63992258

>BLONDE SPACE NAZIS

>SEVERAL OFFICERS AND TROOPERS ARE BLACK (FINN) AND BROWN

TOP KEK
>>
>>63993486
I'm not talking about the river, I meant to type *off*
>>
>>63992967
this movies pretty good i thought. its certainly alot better than any of the prequels. I would go see it yourself instead of listening to all the hate on /tv/.
>>
>>63992258
One of the officers (presumably high ranking Moffs) behind Hux during the speech is black.
>>
File: killzone3.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
killzone3.jpg
133 KB, 1280x720
>>63992389
This, the rally with General Hux's speech felt like a less impressive version of the one in KZ3
>>
Okay.
So
Kylo Ren
trained from birth, by a master jedi
then presumably a sith lord.
got hit by some dude who picked up a light saber like a day ago.
and a girl who picked up a light saber a few seconds before her first fight with him.

wat
>>
File: dance.jpg (298 KB, 1365x2048) Image search: [Google]
dance.jpg
298 KB, 1365x2048
No and a lot of it was because of who they had as the leader of the First Order. I get that Kylo wasn't supposed to be that intimidating of villain once he removed the mask but Hux and Snoke were shit. They should have casted an older and more experience actor to play a Moff and be the leader of the First Order, someone who has an intimidating voice and presence like Charles Dance.
>>
>>63992038
>They actually seemed threatening and dangerous
And fairly competent fighters. Made the x wing cavalry on that planet even more enjoyable.

As others have said a bit too nazi like for my tastes though.
>>
File: Riot Control.jpg (76 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
Riot Control.jpg
76 KB, 560x560
>>63993656
This has been discussed so many times but fuck it:

Kylo was trained from preteen years, not from birth.
Kylo is not fully trained.

Finn is a fully trained stormtrooper from the age of 5 who would have been trained with pic related.

Rey has been practicing with her staff since she was a child, as demonstrated in her fight with those two guys on Jakku where she kicks their asses before Finn could even step in to help.
>>
>>63992038
Ren was humiliated, Snoke is a cgi palpatine wannabe, Phasma was literally thrown into the trash, the general did nothing but give a speech that blew up in his face, and storm troopers are dying in droves. Rey is probably a force prodigy who is presumably going to be trained by Luke, so I don't think the First Order was presented very well.
>>
>>63993656
shot by chewies gun
he dunks on finn rather quickly
he didn't want to actually hurt rey
>>
>>63993733
The issue is that it still deflates tension, and makes the first order seem kind of pathetic.
>>
>>63993695
Blame George, he had a hard on for making the Emperor "the devil" and the Empire Nazis.
>>
>>63993733
If he was trained in pic related then why couldn't he beat dude in pic related? Especially since he had a real lightsaber instead of a giant club thing.

kek
>>
>>63993666
>i would literally pay double to see charles dance cast in a star wars film

>i would pay thrice even if charles dance was cast as kylo

>even if charles dance was every character in TFA
>>
>>63993733
Of course it only makes sense that we have to pull an explanation out of our asses
>>
>>63993355
30 years is nothing in the game of politics.
>>
>>63993813
He's never used a lightsaber before.
You can see he was calculating the troopers hits during the fight though.
>>
>>63993778
>Blame George, he had a hard on for making the Emperor "the devil" and the Empire Nazis.
No I won't blame George for this beause they were enough nazi like in OT, but they went overboard here.
>>
>>63993898
It makes sense to up the nazi-tier speeches when your base has been rocked and a lack of loyalty and dedication could finish you
>>
>>63993733
Didn't he say he was like.
part of sanitation, and that mission where he drops out was his first mission
>>
>>63993813
My guess is also that he didn't train extensively with the melee stuff. Obviously I don't know this for sure but there probably were normal soldiers who were pretty much just trained in the standard way with blasters and such (which Finn seemed to be), and special troopers like the flamethrower or melee guy who were given different training.
>>
>>63993972
he is trained his whole life since birth and then when he is fully trained he goes out, until then he works i guess. He said the first time he went out into battlefield he couldnt do it and then ran away.
>>
>>63993733
Also Ren had just been shot and was still dealing with the whole "just murdered my dad" thing
>>
Darth Reynes of Castamere?
>>
>>63992092
someone post that scanned page from the book that explaisn how both leia's organization and the first order are both radical breakaways from the castrated empire and galactic union or whatever after the treaty after return of the jedi.
>>
>>63992351
>2015
>not being a Space Nazi
>>
>>63992389
This. Also the Autotrach speech in the opening of KZ 2 was pretty well done. Those games are underrated. KZ2 was a gem for online gaming.
>>
Yes they look cool and shpuld win. Or at least give the Resistance some stylish clothes cause they look lame
>>
>>63994209
First order and resistance are private groups being funded by both sides due to the treaty. The treaty wanted peace and demilitarization. That went out the window with Hux and the order destroying six planets. The next movie will be like the attack of the clones. We will see the return of massive space battles. It was the one of the good things from the prequels.
>>
>>63992967
It's a woman, and yeah she's high up, somebody calls her Captain at some point. She does fuckall in this movie but will clearly be a bigger character in the ones to follow. For no reason at all the main characters let her go alive after capturing her even though they're in a room full of other stormtroopers they just shot to death.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.